Surprise with unwanted invitations

Seventeen's Hello Baby!

"Take a minute of water break and go back to doing set number 5, then you can go eat at the cafeteria." Everyone groaned and murmured bad things about the physical education instructor behind his back. Yeon Young didn't bother with the break and continued her routine. She never liked this class but since today's lesson was on taekwando, it was a special exception.

After a tiring session, everyone shouted their prayers and went to the changing room to switch back to their non-sweaty uniforms.

"Yeon Young." Mr. Park Sunwoo, the instructor, called out to her.

"Yeah?" Yeon Young, who was waiting outside for Eunmi replied.

"Would you like to join the school's taekwando team?-"

"No."

"But you do have the potential and-"

"No."

"How about the school's track and field team? You have good stamina."

Just then, Eunmi came bustling out, looking at the perplexed teacher and the cold student, "Is this about the club thing again? Give it up, Mr. Park, she doesn't have time for a second commitment. Anyways, bye!"

She pushed Yeon Young away and both made their ways to the cafeteria.

"You would have an easier life if Yeonsoo didn't"

"Don't even suggest that. I'm very happy with what I have right now. And Yeonsoo makes me happy anyways." Yeon Young gave Eunmi a knowing glare and her friend just smiled nervously and pretended not to know anything. "Arasso! Okay, let's go get some food!"

They queued up to buy bread. Melon for Yeon Young and strawberry for Eunmi.

Suddenly, an annoucement sounded through the whole school. "Hello, can all students please head to the hall now? Don't worry, you can continue eating your food, for example melon bread, after this." Yeon Young furrowed her eyebrows. It strangely seemed like she was being targeted.

"Don't sulk, people." She gawked.

Oh. I am definitely being targeted? Who the hell is it? Please don't tell me...

Everyone faithfully made their way to the hall, only to find the curtains closed. They were a little taken aback as some music started.

"Yeh, alright, say the name, Seventeen yep!" 13 familiar boys popped out as the curtains were withdrawn.

"Nae mameul ttaeryeo neoui jeseuchyeo, manse samchanghaji baek beon but kkaego naseon maebeon," Hansol smirked, "say, I’m so stupid." Yeon Young stared unexpressively as Eunmi clung on her hands and gasped in delight, "Oh my god! It's Seventeen!"

"Awww! Look at Hansol! Oh my god! Chan! Wonwoo is so freaking cute!" Eunmi freaked out as she pulled Yeon Young and made her way to the front. She glared at people who clicked their tongues at them and they glady let Eunmi pass.

Not like she actually wanted to move to the front.

"The second hand embarassment is there," Yeon Young muttered under her breath and covered her face discreetly, so it wouldn't look like she was weird or anything. It was now's Mingyu solo shot and he was making girls go crazy. "Anjago mwohae neone, jip apiya jamkkan naollae," He shot a wink to the front of the stage, nearing to the left where Yeon Young was coincidentally standing. Fangirls near her shouted happily and cheered louder. "Amuri bappado, neoreul chaenggyeo, eodireul gado neoreul jikil geoya," Jeonghan smiled in the same direction again.

"Kongkkakji ssuin gime ni budeureon sone kkakjido salmyeosi kkyeobollae girl,Seungcheol slightly smirked as Yeon Young stared at them with a 'What-in-the-mother-of-kimchi' stare. As they came to the end of the bridge, the performance team went down and high-fived the people in front. bringing the mood up. Yeon Young gave an awkward nod of her head as she realised that they knew it was her. After giving them the childish high-five they wanted, she thought they would go away but instead, Chan dragged her hand and without futher notice, she was on the stage.

"Jamkkan sonyeoya jigeumbuteo, neol naekkeorago bureul geoya," Chan pulled her into the middle and they did their debut song's 'akkinda' dance move on her. Yeon Young wasn't one to feel so shy easily, but her face was getting a little pink by the second. Now, she was feeling embarassment. First-hand. And the fact that she was in the PE uniform and shorts, with a messy long ponytail, didn't help her state of mind at all.

"sosimhaedo sesimhangeol ijebuteo nareul bwajwo, my lady," Jisoo stood right next to her as he sang those lines. He nudged her to the front and Seventeen began their signature move for 'Mansae', "manse manse manse, yeah! manse manse manse, yeah! manse manse manse yeah! nega nareul bol ttaemyeon wo! manse manse manse, yeah! manse manse manse, yeah! manse manse manse, yeah! maeil neoreul kkum kkuji wo!" Mingyu ended the song and Seventeen breathed heavily as the song routine came to an end. Yeon Young coughed and moved to the side when she found fangirls glaring at her. She totally would go down the stage and hide in a toilet right now if Jeonghan and Jisoo weren't squeezing her right in centre of them.

"Hello Yeon Young," Jeonghan smiled angelically at her. She grudgingly said hello.

"So please support us and our new show, Seventeen's Hello Baby!" Seungkwan said as the MC and everyone, mostly the girls, cheered for them. Half was envious too though. Jisoo momentarily left her side and came back with her most favourite person in the world.

"This is Yeonsoo! Isn't she cute?" Hatred from some girls dissipated and they squealed at the little girl beside Jisoo.

"Ne!" Everyone said.

"Ah, please share your love equally. You can't love her more than us!" Seungkwan pretended to be hurt and everyone laughed.

"This girl over here, your schoolmate, is Yeonsoo's sister. Do you know her?"

"LEE YEON YOUNG! CLASS 1-07!" A bunch of guys hollered in time. Yeon Young glared at Min Yuha who led the group.

"Yes, yes. YAH. You better cheer for us as well!" Seungkwan pretended to rage at them.

"Hope you guys enjoyed our performance. Unfortunately, we have one more performance at M-Countdown! later so we can't stay. Thank you so much! We are, say the name, SEVENTEEN!" They waved and left the stage, going backstage.

"What do you say? Weren't we awesome?" Mingyu wolf-whistled and held a hand out for Yeon Young to high-five. Unfortunately, that wasn't happening.

"What do you think?" She tiptoed and grabbed Mingyu's left ear, making him scream in pain and sob pitifully. "Ei! I saw you smiling!" Chan said.

"You guys are embarassing!" She spat back with a blushing face.

"Are not!"

"You are!"

"No!"

"Yes!" 

"Alright, stop fighting, brats." Seungcheol flicked both their foreheads to which Yeon Young glared.

"Right, stop glaring. That might work on others but doesn't on leader-nim."  He shot her a fake smile before rounding s up.

"Let's head to our next schedule now. Manager is waiting in the van." Yeon Young finally felt relieved and loosened her grasp on Yeonsoo.

"Come on! What are you doing! You are going too!" Seungcheol clicked his tongue impatiently and pulled her forward, almost causing her to fall. Jeonghan picked Yeonsoo up and smiled at her, making funny faces. She giggled in delight and touched his long hair that was untied. Smiling, he pretended to race to the car.

"No," Yeon Young scoffed indignantly, "I'm not even suppose to see you for a week-"

"Deal with it." He slammed the door as he got in beside her.

At the corner of Seungcheol's eye, he could see her fuming and speechless beside him. He could have laughed but decided it inappropriate since Yeon Young would definitely become a screaming mess during the 30-minute trip to M-Countdown!. Instead, he looked out of the window, masking his laughter with a smirk. It was another day as the team leader of Seventeen and it was a skill he had to lead the members.

Hmm.

Seungcheol thinks he might have found a way to counter Yeon Young's character.

 


 


long time no see. very much procrastination because exams are one week away. freak. can someone please give me a 1 week miracle. and. hi. why am i repeating i must be crazy. here's a gif. why are they dropping mics? It was Mingyu last time, and now Wonwoo? What's wrong?