M-Countdown!

Seventeen's Hello Baby!

"So, you got to make sure you behave yourself. Meaning, no cussing, no shouting and well, basically how you would act around your mother," The manager of Seventeen warned her.

They were currently at M-Countdown in Sangam-dong and just before they entered the building, the manager wanted to make sure she understood what she had to do. Manager Jang Shinhyuk was grouchy, and he knew that if something messed up, all the blame was on him. Better be safe than sorry, even if he did invoked some feelings of annoyance from the girl.

"Fake it all the way," Seungkwan gave her an eyesmile as he sassed her.

"Obviously! Now, can we enter or not? It's too hot out here!" Yeon Young rolled her eyes as she did her last cruel act of slapping Seungkwan's head before changing to 'I'm-an-angel' mode.

They noticed Red Velvet walking pass them and bowed. Red Velvet's vocal, Wendy, smiled and greeted them, "Hi! Wait, whose that? She's so cute!" Wendy squealed as she crouched down and held her hands out to Yeonsoo. Yeonsoo held onto Yeon Young's leg, scared. Yeon Young did the same as Wendy and assured her baby sister that it was fine, giving her a slight push of encouragement.

"Awww, what's her name?" Wendy smiled at Yeonsoo.

"Yeonsoo." Yeon Young replied.

"Can I hold her too?" Irene asked shyly. Yeon Young nodded hesitantly. Daebak! Red Velvet's Irene is seriously really pretty. Do I look acceptable? Oh my god, I'm still in my school uniform.

Yeon Young felt like digging a hole and putting herself in it. If she had a favourite girl group, or member, it was definitely the goddess Irene. While they played with Yeonsoo, Yeon Young backtracked a little and tapped Jeonghan's shoulder. "Yah, do you think I can ask for autographs?"

"Do you want mine?" Mingyu overheard her and laughed when he saw that she was unamused.

"Seungcheol, can we ask for autographs?" Jeonghan asked and Yeon Young strained her neck to hear the answer.

"Uh, you can try."

"Yeonsoo's really cute! You are her sister right? Both of you got the same pretty smile." Seulgi complimented her.

"Wait, is this Hello Baby? Invite us as guests sometime! I want to see her again!" Joy smiled at Soonyoung cutely. He couldn't contain a smile and muttered a dorky 'Sure!' Yeri gave Yeon Young a glance over and her lips pursed in displeasure. Yeon Young caught the look and stared back with a raised eyebrow. As if that solved the problem, Yeri turned away and smiled brightly once again.

"See you guys on stage!" Wendy smiled motherly.

"By the way, Irene-ssi! Can you like, spare her an autograph?" Seungcheol asked on Yeon Young's behalf and she stared at him in alarm, the next moment going red in the face.

"If you don't mind..." She passed Irene her handphone and took a black marker from a sighing manager, letting Irene sign on the back.

"Name?"

"Yeon Young."

"Thanks for being my fan!" She smiled and Red Velvet left. Yeon Young closed her eyes and let out a deep breath.

"Earth to Yeon Young. Earth to most violent person. Earth to-" Yeon Young couldn't help but smile and reached out to squeeze the life out of the person who was in front of her.

"Oh my god! I just got an autograph from Irene-nim!" She yelled in the building and everyone nearby stared at her weirdly.

"I understand. But please, quieten down." The manager coaxed her.

"How do you even change your mental state so quickly? Girls are just so difficult to understand." Seungcheol said. Meanwhile, Mingyu was feeling awkward in her grip or hug, as his mind would like to refer to.

"You can let go of Mingyu now, I think he's going to faint," Chan snickered. Faint from a too tight hug or fainting from blushing too much? One will never know.

"Enough with the chitchat, let's go to the changing room."

After more bickering and more complains, the 15 of them finally got out of the lift. Meant for only 10 people but hey, no one wanted to be the last one to reach the room. Because, heck, Seventeen were guys but they took the longest time to get ready.

"Hello!" Someone approached the vocal team as they were touching up their make-up. "This is M-Countdown's self-camera, film something interesting and I will be back for it later!" The person passed it to Yeon Young because all the others were getting ready. Something interesting? She looked at the vocal team. Nope.

"Soo-ah!" She cooed at her little sister that was sitting on the couch, and zoomed in on her cute little sweetiepie.

"Yeonsoo is jjang, right?" Yeon Young ruffled her sister's hair lovably. Yeonsoo smiled shyly and giggled.

"Whart's Jeonghan-appa doing?" The little one looked at the long-haired boy and pointed a finger at him. "He's doing his make-up."

"I want to do it too! I wrill become a pwincess right? Are you wearing makeshup? Unni always looks like a pwincess," Yeonsoo gurgled as she tried to pronounce the newly learned word. Yeon Young laughed, "Yeah, I am. Ok then, next time, let's turn you into a princess!"

"...Now! Unni, I want to do it now!" Yeonsoo pouted and let out a cry of agony.

"Sorry Yeonsoo, be a good girl okay? Unni doesn't have anything to work with now."

"But I wanna look like a pwincess! NOW!" Before anyone knew, she burst into tears. Jihoon who was done, looked on at the scene, unsure of what to do. He decided to inch closer and knelt down to Yeonsoo's eye level beside Yeon Young.

"Don't cry, Soo-ah. How about tonight then? Don't cry please!" Yeon Young pleaded her little sister with puppy eyes and tried to soothe her by caressing her back.

"NO! Unni shiro!" She shook out of her embrace and stomped off, wailing louder than ever.

"...Argh."

"Wow, there are times where she hates you," Jihoon said as they chased after the little girl, him with the camera in hand.

"WOW, your confidence has suddenly levelled when Yeonsoo's not here. Amazing," Yeon Young retorted. Jihoon knew he lost. So, he shut up.

They turned the corner and found Yeonsoo being lifted high in the air by none other than Kim Seokjin, the 'mom' of BTS.

"Little girl, what's your name?"

"...Yeonsoo."

"Well, Yeonsoo, you have such a pretty name! Don't cry, because you are prettier when you smile. Okay?" He kissed her forehead and she blushed lightly.

"Mother of kimchi. My little sister is going to abandon me someday because of pretty boys." Yeon Young muttered under her breath and Jihoon snorted at her comment.

Seokjin noticed them walking towards him and he smiled warmly.

"Annyeonghasaeyo sunbaenim, I'm Jihoon from Seventeen. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah! Hwaiting Seventeen!" Seokjin replied into the camera. He stared at the girl standing beside Jihoon a little and broke into a surprised smile, "Eh? Aren't you the one that didn't wait for Jungkook?" Yeon Young groaned innerly. That's the image I have in BTS? No wonder they say first impressions are important... She nodded with a peeved look.

Seokjin realised his mistake and chuckled nervously, "Oh, so this must be your little sister and the show you are working on is probably Hello Baby with Seventeen?"

"Yeah. Are you sure you are not Rap Monster? Your deducing skills are on point today," Yeon Young stuck her tongue out as Seokjin rolled his eyes at her notion that he was a little stupid in the head.

"Well, it was nice chatting with you all. Don't make her cry anymore and good luck with the variety show!" Jihoon bowed 90 degrees as he left. "Yah, you are super duper insensitive or rude, put bluntly. No one in their right mind would talk like that to a sunbae... Jisoo. I will ask Jisoo to cleanse your soul-"

"Shut it, Jihoon." She mumbled under her breath as Yeonsoo willingly let herself be picked up once again.

"What? Yah, I'm older than you so-"

"From day one," Yeon Young interrupted as she couldn't hide her smirk, "Was I ever polite?" Jihoon would have held his hands up in surrender if he wasn't holding a camera. Seriously, this kid. He shook his head and she smiled that goddess-like smile the PD-nim wanted to hire her for.

Jihoon blinked his eyes a few times, afraid that he had lost his mind for a moment. Maybe he had, since the girl in front of him was wearing a poker face again. In any case, this kid is a troublemaker. Not that I hate it. He smirked as he looked at the ground in thought, following her back to the waiting room.

By another 20 minutes or so, they were shifted to backstage. Seventeen had skipped rehearsals to head to her school, so they were feeling a little nervous about this stage. Jeonghan was holding Yeonsoo in his arms, running his fingers through her hair, as though that would calm her nerves. Yeonsoo looked up and patted his head slowly. Does Yeonsoo know I'm afraid right now? Aww, she's so cute.

Meanwhile, Yeon Young was getting a headache listening to three idiots talking to her.

"So, you know the fanchant right?"

"Remember to shout 'KIM MINGYU!' the loudest okay?"

"Um, no? She should shout 'BOO SEUNGKWAN!'"

So done. Yeon Young stared at them with a nonchalant expression and left the scene without saying a word. As usual, she went to pick up Yeonsoo from Jeonghan's arms and he gave her a huge grin.

"What?"

"Aren't you going to say anything?"

"..." I owe him at least this much.

"Hwaiting."

"Thanks," Jeonghan replied before going on stage, empowered by the encouragements that both siblings gave him. 

 

 


 Hello! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I love Jeonghan. Jisoo get out of the frame