Brotherband.

a series of seventeens

This is their last gig, their last time performing together as Band 17-CARAT because ever since Seungcheol had brought up the news that it was time to grow up as their graduation is just ‘round the corner; that it was time to live the reality because music bands like them can’t pay the bills of their tuition, much less even put food on the table later on.

And as their last curtain call comes in place, the five of them, Seungcheol, Seungkwan, Jihoon, Minghao and himself, had supper together for the last time after their gig before going towards their separate ways. The night was filled with exchanges of laughter and recalling fond memories of the times where they first met each other and how this band came about.

“Hey, remember the time when we thought Jihoon was younger than Minghao but it was the other way round?”, Seungcheol brought up, soft chuckles following after he down the quarter filled coke from his cup. “Yeah, and he took your guitar and chased you until the school field yeh?”, Seungkwan adds, jabbing his fork at a piece of ddeokbeoki before shoving the food to his mouth as the other laughs recalling. “Remember when we won the Battle of Bands for the first time? Good memories, indeed.”, Jihoon adds in before taking a shot of his drink, the other muttering ‘yeah’ and ‘good memories’. A still silence then follows after, the five band members looking at the inanimate object on their table.

“Y’know.”, Seungcheol spoke out, being the leader he is - or was. “This isn’t the end of us. We’ll still keep in contact, y’know. And maybe jam once in a while.”, he mutters, softly but reassuringly.

“Yeah..”, Junhui mutters in reply though seemingly choked in tears. “I mean, there’s still a few weeks before graduation.. and it’s not like we’re too far. right?”, Junhui asked, the rest nodding in silence. Minghao, who sat beside Junhui, pats his back reassuringly with a smile. “We’re all brother, aren’t we? Not blood related but remember the dumb blood oath we made?”, he looks at Junhui then at the rest with a smile.

“For even not blood but soul, brothers we remain.”