Meeting an angel

a series of seventeens

There are days where Seungcheol gets really tired from work and what not being a single father is pretty tiring because really - why are girls so hard to please? 

But nevertheless, he never lets out his frustration or how weary he looks because despite how things aren’t the way it’s suppose to be, his 5 year old daughter, Sujin, is his little sunshine, the root to his happiness and his energy pill. Seeing her smile makes him smile and she is his precious treasure, a gift from the Heavens and Seungcheol is truly blessed to have Sujin.

It wasn’t until one incident where he never knew someone else other than Sujin could fit into his life like a perfectly matched puzzle, creating an overall masterpiece. It was the day where he had overtime and had asked in favour of the nursery caretaker to take care of Sujin for an hour extra than usual in which the caretaker did agree. But half an hour before Seungcheol could dismiss his work, he had gotten a call from the nursery, informing him about Sujin’s absence and that they couldn’t find her. Without informing anyone, Seungcheol left his work place, a rush of panic and worries races with his heart as he fumbles his car keys in wanting to start the engine. His driving was wreckless; his mind too caught up in worrying about his daughter but was careful enough to avoid any accident from happening.

Upon reaching, the caretaker and the rest of the staff apologized for not keeping as sharper and careful eye on the child and Seungcheol tries really hard to not get mad because it was also partly his fault. He should have hired a babysitter, if not, picked Sujin up and have her come with him to work. Without any further exchange of words, Seungcheol begin to search for his daughter by the nearby places; the convenience store, the park and the playground but to no avail, she isn’t there. The single father glances at his clock and the sky, things are turning dark and it’s already dangerous enough that his daughter is not at sight.

He began to search for the places around, the pet store and what not, other buildings nearby. He was tired; stress from the office earlier had driven him nuts and now that his daughter isn’t in sight, it brings him closer to breaking down. It wasn’t until he hears a call of his name with a familiar voice that he turns his head to the caller, his daughter.

“Oh my god, Sujin.”, he exclaims, quickly running to the direction of where his daughter is at and quickly picks her up, hugging her tightly while sighing as his tears welled up. “Where have you been? Have you have any idea how daddy is worried? Don’t ever run off like that again!”, Seungcheol exclaims, his words were rushed but slow enough for his daughter to hear.

“I’m sorry, daddy but it’s your birthday tomorrow and I wanted to get you something- Mr. Ahjusshi was kind enough to help me get a gift for you.”, she grins as if she hadn’t done anything wrong while pointing at a figure to which Seungcheol now only realizes. “Oh-”, was what Seungcheol had exclaimed while taking in the distinctive features of the long-haired male before him. “Thank you. For taking care of my daughter and I apologize for the trouble she has caused.”, Seungcheol mutters his words softly but audible to the other male, still taken aback by the latter’s features. 

The male chuckled and Seungcheol swore he could hear angels singing. “No worries.”, the male spoke out softly as if like singing a lullaby and by all means, Seungcheol would fall asleep if he could. “You daughter is a precious child. Also, she told me your birthday is tomorrow- so.. happy birthday!”, the male continues, flashing a smile after his words. “Ah- thank you! And yes, apparently it is. I’ve been caught up with work that I forgot my own birthday.”, Seungcheol mutters as he settle Sujin down.

Sujin then moves to tug the long-haired male’s pants. “Why don’t you join us for the birthday celebration tomorrow, ahjusshi! The more, the merrier! It’s always just me and daddy and that pink haired ahjusshi. He’s not even fun because he sleeps a lot.”, Sujin forms a pout at her word to which caused the two older male to laugh. “Well- I wouldn’t mind only if your dad approves of it-”, the long haired male glance at Seungcheol. Sujin, too, glanced at her father, tugging his pants with her other hand. “Please daddy?”, she pleased, making the ‘puppy eyes’ she knew Seungcheol couldn’t resist.

“Aish. There you go with your puppy eyes.”, Seungcheol playfully clicks his tongue while poking his daughter’s cheeks. “But well sure. The more, the merrier.” Seungcheol gives in to which his daughter cheered. “Perhaps you could give me your number? I’ll text you my address- and hopefully you’re not some serial killer-”, Seungcheol jokes though half meaning it because no matter how attractive the other male is, it’s always better to be careful.

“I’m not and here-”, the long haired male scribble his number on some paper he found with the pen that was in his pocket.. “I’m Junghan. I’ll see you tomorrow then…” “Seungcheol.”, the single father exclaims softly. “Seungcheol-ssi. It’s late so do get Sujin home and be sure to get some rest. You do look like you need one desperately.”, Junghan jokes before smiling. “Ah yes. Well it’s time to go home, Sujin. Bid goodbye to Junghan-ssi.”, Seungcheol tells his daughter. “Goodbye, ahjusshi~ See you tomorrow!”, Sujin exclaims, her tone hinted with excitement and happiness. “See you both tomorrow then. And it’s nice meeting you, Seungcheol-ssi.”, Junghan bows slightly before waving the father-daughter duo off.

The two walk away and made it safely to the car after gathering Sujin’s stuff from the nursery. “Well Sujin, you might have been wrong running off elsewhere without telling anyone and I was worried sick for that but I’m glad an angel took care of you.”, Seungcheol mutters softly when he gets settled to his seat after fastening Sujin’s seat-belt before driving home. Sujin is excited about tomorrow and Seungcheol is pretty sure he is as well.


A/N : This ended rather boldly and quickly so I apologize for such ending.