Of Flustered Cuteness

a series of seventeens

The plan wasn’t to get all flustered and embarrassed himself and instead to get his usuals and to ever so casually slip the paper of invitation of his dance showcase to the cute barista he had more or less had a crush on - so how is it now that Soonyoung is lost in words and how he is palm is sweaty because no, this should not be happening.

“So- are you going to order or nah? Because there’s a long line behind you.”, the barista, the one Soonyoung had been crushing on, spoke out and Soonyoung quickly snaps from his thoughts, quickly ordering his usual Caramel Latte and pays for it before stepping aside. 

He misses his chance again.

 

“Dude. Your dance showcase is just like.. a week away?”, his junior, Chan, a fellow dance club member as well as the youngest of the bunch in his group spoke out.

“Formalities, sweetie.”, Jeonghan mentions, eyeing the youngest of the group with a playful stern look, earning a mutter of apology from the youngest before adding a ‘hyung’ after the word dude.

“You should just straight out ask him to come. That’s what I did with Seungcheol.”, Seungkwan makes a remark, earning a exclaim from Soonyoung how it’s not easy when the barista keeps staring at him and Soonyoung so dearly wants to kiss the other male, if not, hug the soul out of him. Chan exclaims a “too much info” shortly after Soonyoung’s commentary. 

“Just do what we told you. Slip the paper of invitation to him when you pay or something.”, Seungkwan shrugs and shakes his head before chewing on his turkey ham sandwich 

 

Soonyoung does eventually slips the paper of invitation to the cute barista a day or two later after a lot of attempts and coaxing from his friends. He gets a text much later, almost midnight from the barista who told Soonyoung his name and had told him that he would be there for Soonyoung’s showcase. And that very night, Soonyoung couldn’t sleep but when he does, the name ‘Jihoon’ wouldn’t leave his mind.

Soonyoung doesn’t go to the cafe to get his usual coffee because the showcase is around the corner and he needs to practice - even more now that Jihoon is coming.

Soon came the day of showcase, and as promised, Jihoon did indeed appear along with someone he fondly recognizes, Seungcheol, who is Seungkwan’s boyfriend as of a a few weeks ago. That moment of limelight, Soonyoung performs harder than usual, putting all his efforts to his dance and he swore, if he wasn’t being delusional or narcissistic , he could seen Jihoon being amazed and captivated to his dancing.

The curtain calls a few more performance later on before they all hit the stage for a final bow, cheering at the success of the showcase. Before Soonyoung hits the changing room, he wanted to see Jihoon and ask how he did. He did eventually find Jihoon among the crowd of people, some whom had stop to congratulate Soonyoung because he was also part of the plan production but that wasn’t important to Soonyoung now; what he wanted to know was what Jihoon thought about.

“So- how was it?”, Soonyoung asked, slightly breathless from running as well as he hadn’t much recovered from the last song number.

“It was great. And you danced very well. I mean- I knew you’re a dancer but I didn’t know you could like dance so many other genres- no offence.”, the other male mentions, fidgeting his fingers.

Soonyoung could only chuckle, finding the other male’s fidgeting endearing. “None taken. But yeah- I do. And- wait you knew I was good at dancing but didn’t mention anything about it?”, Sooonyoung raises his brow in curiosity.

“Uh- yeah. Seungcheol. He and uh your friend, Seungkwan?”, Jihoon mutters softly.

“That traitor!”, Soonyoung flusters, completely not knowing that he had somehow knew Jihoon and had more or less interacted with the other male. “but uh yeah- thanks for coming. It means a lot.”, Soonyoung rubs his nape, embarrassed but has a smile formed to his lips.

“No problem.”, the other male replies with a smile, sincerely. “Uh- if it isn’t much.. come by tomorrow?”, the male continues his sentence, rubbing his nape.

“Mhm,, sure. Uh- could I possible ask you out as well?”, Soonyoung blurts, not taking back his words however.

Jihoon curves his lips to a smile. “Sure. Come after work then? I finish up by 3pm.”, the male cautiously mentions, hoping the dance wasn’t busy.

“Great. I finish up by 2.30pm so I’ll pick you up then?”, Soonyoung grins as his other dance club members call out for him, wanting to take a group picture for the production minute. “Also- see you tomorrow then. And again, thanks for coming!”, Soonyoung quickly exclaims, earning a nod from the latter who had only told him to go off before he gets yelled at or what-so ever. 

They bid goodbye, Soonyoung seeing Jihoon off before joining his other members. He also makes a reminder to thank Seungkwan for pressing him as well and makes a mental note to also get Seungkwan his favourite drink or something.