In another lifetime, we will still be in love.

a series of seventeens

Title : In another lifetime, we will still be in love.

Characters : Seokmin, Wonwoo and mentions of others.

Parings : Seokwoo, mentioned!Seokkwan, SeokHao, SeokSol, SoonSeok.

Genre : Fluff??? Angst??? This is mess tbh.

Synopsis : [Supernatural-Reincarnation!AU] //  I skipped like four cycles of reincarnation and I know you’re pissed at me for leaving you all those lifetimes but it wasn’t my fault please please will you take me back (4th from here)

A/N : Dedicating this to my bae cantwithjeonwonwoo who always writes me drabbles in my ask. Also, apologizes if this is messy because I half-assed typed while jamming to Beyonce. Also, this is not beta like many of my other fics/drabbles before, so apologizes for any mistake made. 

 


 

“Let’s meet the next lifetime…. okay, Wonwoo..? Promise me…”, the brunette griped the other male’s hand, who was beside him, a little too hard.

“Promise.”, the raven-haired replied with a weak smile as they linked their pinky fingers together before brunette then closes his eyes, the deafening beep from the machine rings throughout the whole white room. “We’ll meet. We’ll.. definitely meet in the next life.”, the raven-haired choked on his words as the doctor reads the time of death.

Four lifetimes passed ever since, however, Wonwoo, who sealed the promise did not meet Seokmin in those four lifetime. It was until the fifth lifetime, they eventually met again at the age of 20 and 21 respectively, Seokmin’s a florist and Wonwoo’s a lawyer in the city of Seoul.

“Guess who decided to show up in this lifetime.”, Seokmin snarkly replies as he trims the thorns from the roses, obviously showing resent towards the other male, who in turn rubbed his nape. “I’m really sorry, Seokmin dear-”,”Oh save it.”, Seokmin scoffs, turning his back to rearrange the flowers behind the display from where he stood.

Not giving up, Wonwoo proceeds to walk to where the brunette is, wrapping his arms around the latter’s waist. “I skipped like four cycles of reincarnation and I know you’re pissed at me for leaving you all those lifetimes but it wasn’t my fault. Please. Please, will you take me back?”, Wonwoo pleaded as he crane his neck to glance at Seokmin who side-eyed him before gazing at the flowers before him. “Reason your absence in those lifetime and they better be worth the excuse.”, the brunette mutters, setting the lilacs in place before glancing at his fated ‘lover’. 

The raven-haired lawyer beamed a smile, his arms still wrapped around the brunette’s waist. “Okay so like- You know Kim Mingyu, yes?”, Wonwoo asked the brunette florist who in turn scoff at the mention of the name. “The flirty archangel, yes, I know him. The guy who tried to flirt with you when he decided to go human 5 lifetime before.”, Seokmin responded with another scoff in which Wonwoo grinned at his fated lover’s possessiveness or jealousy, Wonwoo still can’t tell which is which.

“Anyway- he wanted help with some business life and death business so he turned me into a grimm reaper for those 4 lifetime.”, the raven-haired tried to explained in a calm manner. The brunette, on the other hand, look at the other male in disbelieved. “Couldn’t he have asked Jeonghan or Seungcheol instead? The next time I meet him he better get his ready for some kicking- Wait. The I supposed it’s only fair-”, Seokmin hummed softly, shrugging what the other had said as well as his resent from before.

The raven-haired look at him with raised brows. “What’s that supposed to mean?”, Wonwoo asked, careful with his words as Seokmin pries himself away from his ‘lover’ as he settles himself in doing flower arrangement instead.

“What I’m saying is, I had my share of fun in those lifetime so I’m not completely pissed at you.”, the florist mentions without looking up at the other male. “What does that mean?”, Wonwoo remarks with a frown evident to his face as he settles the seat next to Seokmin. “What I’m saying is, in those lifetime before, I’ve had my shares of relationship that is not you. Like that one time in the Ching Dynasty, I was a prince and was pursued by many suitors. I ended up with this guy called Minghao though by arranged marriage. He’s pretty cool- And then this other lifetime, I was a singer and it was like Pearl Harbor era- and one of the sailor; his name is Seungkwan, by the way, pursued me. The ending is something I’ll like to be kept secret of- Also this other life time, a really young greaser liked me. His name is Hansol, I think- but it was unrequited because I was BUSY looking for you. Also, he was kinda too young and optimistic for me too handle. And this other lifetime, the last one before you decided to appear in THIS lifetime, I meet this guy named Soonyoung and he was lovely but we didn’t hit off well for some reason-”, Seokmin explains, a fake wide smile evident to his face as Wonwoo gaped before pursing a dissatisfied face.

“And now, I’m stuck with you again in this lifetime-”, Seokmin playfully teases the other male to which the other clicks his tongue playfully. “You’ve been stuck with me many lifetime before and honestly this isn’t all that bad-”, Wonwoo remarks, wrapping his arms around the other male’s waist again.

“Oh really? It was a torture that I was the one finding you and I’m glad you were the one who ended up finding me this time- Who knows if you didn’t appear I would be with ano-” “Okay, okay I get it. I know you’re pissed still but I promise.. I’ll be there the next lifetime and the next and I’ll still be in the few next lifetime until the Heaven tells us it’s finally time to rest in peace.”, Wonwoo mutters, his voice going soft before it drowns along with the soft tune the shop was playing.

“Now, now, what happened to our always and forever?”, Seokmin spoke up as he glanced at Wonwoo, this time with a sincere smile. “At least.. you’re here in this lifetime and hopefully the next and after and that’s all that matters.”, the florist mutters softly, his smile still evident as he turns to face the other male, who also reached to peel the other’s arms from his waist so he could link his fingers with the other male.

The raven-haired smile. “In another lifetime, we will still be in love.”