Ratus ex vobis (Thinking of you)

a series of seventeens

Title : Ratus ex vobis (Thinking of you)

Characters : Jeonghan, Seungcheol, Joshua

Parings : Jeongcoups/Seunghan ((I still don’t know what to call them)), Jihan

Genre : Angst ((I’m sorry))

Warning : death, depression, badly written puke fic.

Synopsis : [Soldier!AU] Jeonghan finds himself missing Seungcheol while being in the arms of Joshua.


 

The town hall buzzed with youths as loud Elvis Presley songs are being played, accompanied by dancing and laughter being exchanged for the evening. And Jeonghan was none other than those youths as well. Jeonghan’s first love also came like the wind of a cold spring breeze on that very day. Jeonghan was by the corner, chatting away with his own group of friends when the blonde male, Seungcheol, came over and asked him for a dance. With the pursuit of his friends, he accepted the other male’s hand before jiving away to the music being played.

Before the night end, they exchanged names and eventually had planned to meet up some other time. And eventually meetings after meetings, they learn not only about each other but eventually come to love each other more. But with every good things, comes an end.

“I’m joining the army.”, was the sentence that broke both Jeonghan and Seungcheol. Going to the army was something more men would volunteer and Jeonghan had thought while the both of them were very madly in love, Seungcheol might not have it being considered. Though he was wrong, of course Seungcheol would want to serve the country. And in the end he had to let Seungcheol go though the other male promise to return and to write to him every now and then whenever he is free. Afterall, the kisses and smile exchanges they had before weren’t of nothing.

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months yet they had they exchanged letters as promised. Had Jeonghan been pinning on a hopeless love? It wasn’t until a few months later and in fact Jeonghan had gotten over his love for Seungcheol or so he thinks, but that didn’t stop him from finding another suitor by the name of Hong Jisoo, or Joshua, as he would call his new lover whom pursued him. Joshua was different from Seungcheol, more soft-spoken, more calm than the other male. And had they even exchanged more than just kisses, Jeonghan would have thought he was the one. It’s been months since he had heard from Seungcheol, the last and only letter telling Jeonghan to forget him for the better and that he was sorry for not keeping his promise and that he would soon be going to war if he is ever needed and he really wishes for Jeonghan’s happiness. And had Jeonghan chosen to forget.

A month later however, Jeonghan receives a telegram and he never cried as much as that very night in the arms of Joshua. He understands that Jeonghan needs time, afterall, he knows how much the other male dearly loves his first love even when the time they were together were short. And so Joshua lets Jeonghan cry in his arms even if it was for another male that Jeonghan once loved. And Jeonghan lets himself miss Seungcheol in the arms of Joshua.