Chapter 3

Together | Multifandom [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Responsibilities

- Taehyung POV -

 

When I woke up the next morning, I could smell the familiar aroma of my hyung's cooking. I was reminded of how amazing the people in my life are, and that I need to try as hard as I can to make them feel loved. I have been given one more person in my life, one more person who is going to be part of making my life special. I need to do whatever I can to make hers special as well. Jimin came up to me and asked me if I wanted to walk to Ji Young's place. I was totally for it because I felt the emptiness in her heart when we talked about friends yesterday. She didn't seem like she had anyone but us. Although I only knew her a day, I felt like it was our responsibility now to make her feel wanted.

"Yah. Taehyung-ah," Jimin said as we left the house. His hands in his pockets while mine were free, in-sync each other as we walked. I was always fascinated at the way that Jimin and I matched up so perfectly, it was as if we were made to meet and made to be brothers.

"Yeah. What?" I asked.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"Of course. What stupid question is that?"

"Do you feel some sort of weight on your shoulders after meeting Ji Young-ah?"

"What do you mean?"

"I just feel like she's come into our lives for a reason. The way she was so reluctant to go home yesterday. I dunno, although it's only been a day, I really wanna help her. I feel like there's so much more to her life that what meets the eye."

"I was just thinking the same thing," I nodded, "do you mean that you feel the responsibility to let her experience the things she never has?"

"Yes! Exactly. Responsibility! That's exactly what I mean," he walked backwards in front of me. "I feel like we've been given the responsibility to look after her and care for her. But also the responsibility to make her feel special," he said. I smiled to myself. Maybe my brother Park Jimin is finally starting to like someone genuinely. "What? Why are you smiling?!"

"You're going to trip idiot," I said, just before Jimin tripped on a small stone he didn't see.

"Why were you smiling?"

"Nothing. It's nothing. Yes. Yes. Responsibility," I nodded, trying to get back to the original topic.

"Urgh. You're so annoying," Jimin started to walk alongside me again.

"Did Namjoo text you that she was on her way home?"

"Oh yeah, she texted in the group chat when she was talking to Kookie," he said. My eyes widened.

"Jungkook! How's he getting to school?"

"We are such bad hyungs," Jimin said nervously as he stared down at his phone. It was ringing and Jungkook's name was on the screen. "Oh. Jungkook-ah. Yeah. No. I'm sorry. Kookie, can you forgive us, please? I promise we'll never do it again. Can you ask Jin hyung to give you a ride? If you start walking now, you'll be late to school. Sorry Jungkook-ah! Really sorry!" he hung up.

"We are bad hyungs," I said and at that moment we arrived at Ji Young's door. I stared at it, and so did Jimin. "Go knock on the door."

"No. You knock."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter