Chapter 25

Together | Multifandom [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grateful

~~~~~Seolhyun POV~~~~~

As expected, Jungkook's team won his soccer game, the boys invited me out for dinner and Yoongi Oppa paid the bill. It was quite a lot but he kept insisting that he wanted to pay so I couldn't object.

When we were done, they dropped me off at my house and waved goodbye before driving off. I turned around to face the horrific large door, and walked up the stairs. Fishing through my back for my keys, I struggled to open the door. I had just come back from so much laughter and happiness, entering this house was not going to fit well with me.

"KIM SEOLHYUN!" my mother yelled as soon as I stepped foot into the hallway.

"Yes?" I asked, feeling my fingers tremble at the sight of her.

"Get in the damn room," she said.

The room?

It's been years since I last went in there. 

"Why?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"What do you mean why?"

"I can't take this anymore. You know how much I struggle to give you a good life? AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?!" she screamed and threw a piece of paper at me.

I bent down and picked it up, feeling tears prick at my eyes out of fear. I scanned the paper; it was my report card.

"But mother-"

"I don't want to hear anything else! You need to be punished for what you did!" she screamed, this time taking me by my shoulders and pushed me down the hall. "You're going into the room."

While stumbling down the hallway, I took a quick glance into my sister's room when passing it, she was looking up at me with an expression I could only describe as pity. 

Yes. I was pitiful. So pitiful that I didn't even resent my sister for not helping me.

When the door was slammed shut in my face, I turned and looked at the room, single tears slipping from my eyes, before they all combined in steady stream, flowing down my cheeks, releasing the all the feelings I had held in this whole time, but I stayed not making a sound. It was as if I had a large stone wall separating me from the whole world, I could feel them all watching me, judging me, mercilessly abandoning me. 

I should have been used to it by now; being abandoned. But I guess, after meeting Jimin, Taehyung and Namjoo, I felt like I had a purpose in life. I felt like I wans't going to have to face the guilt of people being disappointed in me. I was so wrong.

I slid my back down the cold, concrete wall and buried my head in between my chest and my knees. This was the basement I spent my whole childhood in, my brother and I. I watched as my brain recalled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter