Chapter 24

Together | Multifandom [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forgotten Past

~~~~~Jimin POV~~~~~

It wasn't official, but we felt it. Namjoo and Chaejin had something going on.

I had left the classroom to fill up my drink bottle and on the way back to class, I saw him walking out of the bathroom. 

I ran up to him and jumped on him, wrapping an arm around his neck.

"Woah!" he said, turning to look at me.

"Anyeong!" I said. I hadn't been this friendly with him before but he's helped me a lot in the past few weeks so I felt comfortable.

"Oh, Jimin-ah," he laughed.

"I wonder what we're going to learn today, Mrs Kim said that we're learning something new," I told him.

"Something about natural disasters?" he replied.

"Oh, okay, sounds fun!" I said and we enetered the classroom. I sat in my seat and turned to Taehyung. "Anything happen when I was away?"

"Nope, the teacher came and left, forgetting to bring this DVD we were going to watch," he replied.

"We're going to watch something?" I asked.

"Yeah, abuot our new topic," he nodded and turned to the front where the teacher walked in. 

"Hello class," she said after a while, and turned the data projector on. "We're starting our new topic today, that is Tsunamis."

The class cheered. 

"We are going to start the topic off by watching a short documentary," the teacher said, over the roaring classroom. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am talking about the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami, if any of you are curious :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

"In 2007, a large tsunami was formed in the middle of the Indian Ocean, and affected every country around the world. More that 250,000 people died in it," the teacher said seriously. "Two of the most affected countries are Indonesia and Sri Lanka." She put the DVD into her laptop. "On this documentary we have footage of before, during and after the tsunami. I would like you all to watch carefully and take notes if you please."

Chaejin stood up to turn the lights off and the screen lit up.

I watched intently at the oblivious people having fun at the beach. My heart ached for them, they had no idea that something that big was coming for them. The scene changed to a different setting, it was a tourist hotel. Someone had been filming his holiday and was walking toward the beach. He walked up to two little boys who were playing in the sand.

"Anyeong kids!" he said.

Oh? The man is korean?

"Appa!" one of the kids faced the camera and smiled.

"Oh, Ji Woo-yah," the man replied. Wait. I had heard that name before...

"What's that?" the boy pointed at something behind the camera. The camer shifted a little and two paper objects came into view.

"I got these customised for my boys," he said to the kid. The other boy was busy making a sand castle and wasn't listening to any of this. I found that pretty cute.

"What is it appa?" the boy asked again.

"Stickers, they are pretty aren't they?" he asked.

"Ooooh! That's my name, isn't it??" the kid asked.

"Yes, it says Park Ji Woo."

Park... Ji... Woo?

I felt my chest start to pain... Why did that name make me feel heartbroken?

"Does the other one have hyung's name on it too?" Ji Woo asked.

"Yes, son, it has his name on it," the camera moved and I assumed the man holding the camera was walking toward the other guy. He took the sticker out and gave it to him.

I looked at the sticker.

My heart sped up faster than the wings of a baby bird's first flight.

My breathing shortened as if I had been running all day.

My fingers started to shake and I couldn't feel anything anymore.

Before my vision became clogged with my tears, I saw Taehyung throw a worried look at me before my eyes were closed and darkness was all that I could see.

It seemed to be a regular thing for me now; darkness.

 

"I wonder how much he's hurting right now. The poor guy."

I was awoken to the familiar scents, voices and faces of my hyungs. 

"Jimin-ah!" Seokjin hyung yelled. I saw everyone whip their heads around and look at me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Do you not remember this place?" Hoseok hyung asked worried.

I looked around and smiled. 

"Yeah, I remember," I sat up.

"Hey, uhm, Jimin-ah, we heard what happened at school," Yoongi hyung said.

Now that I was sitting up, I got to see them properly. Taehyung was sitting at my feet, with the end of my blanket over his crossed legs, Hoseok hyung and Seokjin hyung was sitting on chairs right next to my bed and Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung were sitting on Taehyung's bed, lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter