Chapter 1

Together | Multifandom [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Disappointed

-Ji Young POV-

 

Disappointed. I'm sick of that word. All my life I've lived in the shadows of over-achievers. All my life I've been told that I'm a disappointment, I was useless and could never live up to standards. I had never met anyone who was able to show or tell me something different. Who knew that it only took these people to change my life forever?

"See, look at your sister, Ji Young-ah, she's already finished eating breakfast, has packed her bag and is ready for school, and you're only walking down the stairs now?" my mother yelled up the stairs. This was my reality. Getting compared. I was always trying my hardest but I always fell short.

Nonetheless, I headed down the stairs, golfed down a piece of toast and headed to school.

It was my first day at a new school and I was terrified, terrified of meeting new people that would be 'disappointed' in me.

When I got there, I headed straight to the office.

"Hi sweetie," the nice lady at the reception smiled at me.

I tried to return the smile when I replied, "Hello, I'm a new transfer student to this school."

"Oh, yes, hold on a sec," she said and stood up out of her chair and went out into a little room in the back of the office. As I waited for her, I looked around the place.

This school was very proud of their academic achievements. The school's head leaders and DUX awards from previous years were written across the walls.

Last year's Head Leader: Jung Hoseok

Last year's DUX: Kim Namjoon

"Sorry for the long wait," a voice snapped me back into reality.

"Oh, it's okay," I said, reassuring her with a smile.

"Your name is?" she put down a pile of folders on the desk.

"Uhm Kim Ji Young."

"Oh, okay, this is you right here," she pulled out a brown folder. "This is your timetable, and this is a map of our school, in case you might get lost," she laughed. Yeah, she actually gave me a map, for a school.

"Thank you," I smiled again. I never thought talking to people was ever this easy.

When I got outside, I understood why she gave me a map, the school was HUGE. I looked around for my class, and the map was very useful. When I got to homeroom, the teacher asked me to wait outside as all the kids were already inside. I obeyed him and stood outside. I was waiting for a few minutes and then the door opened and the teacher asked me to come inside.

"This is our new student, Kim Ji Young," the teacher said. The class cheered and clapped. I couldn't look up. So many people were staring at me. "You can go and sit there, next to Kim Minah over there," I looked up to see a girl, really pretty, waving at me to sit next to her. I sat down and hung my bag over the chair.

"Hi! My name is Kim Minah!" she said.

"Hi," I said, trying to match her happy tone.

"Woah! That's so pretty," she said looking at the ring on my index finger.

"Oh, thank you," I said, twisting the ring between my fingers.

"Okay, then class, Period 1 starts in half an hour," the teacher said and left the room.

"Hi!" the two boys in front of me turned around and said simultaneously.

"Oh, hi," I said, startled.

"I'm Kim Taehyung," the one on the left with the amazing rectangular smile said.

"And I'm Park Jimin," the one directly in front of me with the super tiny eye smile said. I tried to say Hi back to them, but the words just couldn't come out of my mouth.

"Guys! You're scaring her!" Minah said.

"No! She's just not used to this much handsomeness on a regular basis, right Ji Young-ah?" when Jimin said my name at the end, my breath got caught in my throat. It sounded so natural coming out of his mouth. He said it with... care. He didn't say it because I was in trouble, or that I had done something to make him mad, he said it because that was my name, the one thing in this world that belonged to me.

"Huh?" I asked, looking up at Jimin's face.

"He's just being an idiot," Minah said to me, "watch out, the stupidity of these idiots are so great, it may rub off on you." I laughed at her.

"Idiots?" Taehyung said.

"Stupid?" Jimin asked.

"But sadly they ain't deaf," Minah said again. "If you have any questions about the school, ask me," she said with a huge smile before turning to face the front of the class because the teacher had come in. When she did this, she twisted Taehyung and Jimin's heads around so they were facing the front as well.

Is this what it's like having friends? Wait. Are these people my friends? Did the conversation we just had make us frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter