Chapter 20

Together | Multifandom [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anxiety

~~~~~Jimin POV~~~~~

I had no idea what happened to him. The moment his eyes closed, my heart lurched. I was shaking as I carried him in my arms while running to the nurses' room. As I left the room, other than Seolhyun and Namjoo's worried faces, I happened to see the new transfer student's expression change when he was Taehyung. His eyes widened... he looked shocked. I brushed it off, trying to convince myself that he was just shocked to see a student faint, but it still bugged me.

When I got to the office, the nurse checked his temperature and vitals and all the essentials and told me they were normal. I began to get frightened. Then why is he like this?

The nurses called for an ambulance and I rushed with him to a hospital.

 

"Kim Taehyung. Student. 18 years old. Pulse normal. Vitals normal. Collapsed around," the nurse turned to me, "how long ago?" she whispered.

"A-about h-half an hour a-ago," I stuttered.

"Half an hour ago," she said to the doctor who was wheeling Taehyung on a gurney with the nurse and I.

"Oh! Doctor!" the nurse cried. All our heads shot to look at her, "sudden drop in pulse and blood pressure!"

I looked nervously at the doctor. What does that even mean?!

The doctor looked to Taehyung and stopped running with the gurney. 

Why? What's happening?

I noticed that Taehyung was starting to shake. His eyes were closed but his eyelids were flittering and his fingers were trembling. As if my body wanted to clone his, I felt my knees become weak as I started to tremble as well.

I looked up at his head and noticed his bangs had become seriously damp and were sticking to his forehead like glue. Because of this, I felt beads of sweat against my jaw and my fingers started to become clamy.

Suddenly he opened his mouth and took a great gasp of air. He then repeated the same thing over and over again. 

I felt my eyesight become blurry with tears as I thought of the great pain my friend must be going through. 

"Let's take him to an observation room," the doctor said calmly, although I know that he only said it that way to calm me down.

 

They lay Taehyung in a bed while I watched through the glass window. The doctor attached an IV to Taehyung's arm and set the clipboard on the table before coming out. 

"He just fainted, nothing to worry about," he said, but his expression said otherwise. He looked worried, while telling me not to worry.

"Are you sure Doc?" I asked.

"Has this student experienced any symptoms of Anxiety before? Or does he have any types of disorders?" he asked.

"What are the symptoms of anxiety?"

"Palpitations, Sweating, Trembling, Shortness of breath, Sense of choking, Chest pain, Nausea or other stomach upset, Dizziness, A feeling of being detached from the world, derealization, Being unable to think, feeling as if the mind has gone blank, Irrational fear of dying, Numbness or tingling, Chills or hot flashes."

"He does get shortness of breath very often, as well as chest pains and senses of choking," I said, thinking back to our dance practices when we all waved it off as asthma.

"Well, my diagnosis is that your friend here has anxiety."

"Anxiety?" That's more like a feeling than a medical problem.

"It may sound like a small thing but in your friend's case, it isn't," he continued. "He has most likely suffered from something in his past that he is reminded of constantly, causing the regular symptoms."

I didn't need to contemplate on that. I already knew what he was talking about. 

"But why would this happen today? Of all days?"

"This type of severe symptom is most like because he was reminded of the root cause of his situation," he said.

Root cause?

"Thank you Doc. Am I allowed to go in?" I asked.

"Yes, you may, but before you will need to get his guardian to sign some forms," he said.

"Oh okay," I nodded and he started to walk away. Then suddenly I thought of something. "Doc!" I yelled after him and jogged up to him as he turned around.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something? Maybe receive some medical advice about it?"

"Uhm... it depends on what it is."

"Well, constantly I've been seeing this one continuous vision in parts, bit by bit. Before I do though, my body tenses up and I get a severe headache before falling into a deep sleep. Sometimes when I wake up, I'm really far away from home," I said.

His eyes widened and he took his small torch out of his shirt pocket and opened my eyes and shone the light in them. After doing so, he put his stethosocpe on himself and lifted my shirt to check my breathing.

"Son, has anything severe happened to you?" he asked, putting the back of his hand against my forehead.

"Not recently. But I wouldn't know if there had been anything severe happen to me 6 years ago, I can't remember anything from before that."

"Really? Have you seen a doctor about that?" I nodded.

"He said it's post traumatic stress from something and that I should be expecting black outs and fainting and stuff like that, but he never said sleepwalking, or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter