Chapter 2

♱ Robotic Therapy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Howon was starting to doubt this plan even more. Where was Dongwoo dragging him to? They had been walking in circles around some shabby streets, but Dongwoo kept saying that everything was under control and that they were not lost.

Right, you even confuse west and east, no wonder we’ve been wandering for hours.

“Howon!! Look, we finally found it! This is the address. I told you I knew where I was going!”

Tsk. Just when I was thinking about going home.

They entered a small building and headed to the second floor, where they were supposed to find that person. The one who could fix Sunggyu’s problem, or so they hoped. They finally reached the door on which it was written with huge letters “Kang Jaesuk – the specialist”.

Specialist in what exactly? Howon thought.

And before he knew it, Dongwoo was already knocking on the door and soon received a “Yes, come in.” as an answer. The room was quite dark even though the lights were . That made the place look even more untrustworthy in Howon’s eyes. Then they were greeted by a tall man with black hair who was wearing a white coat.

“Hello. What brings you here so late at night?” The stranger said in a low voice.

Dongwoo stepped forward and grabbed the man’s hand. “You’re Kang Jaesuk, right??”

“The one and only.”

Howon could only make a face and roll his eyes to that answer. Cocky.

“Great! Um, I’ll just get straight to the point. I heard from some friends that you are a very smart person with amazing abilities and that you accept weird requests that others normally never would.”

“Oh, I have quite the reputation then. But yes, you can say this is true.”

“This is great! The thing is… I want you to bring my friend back to life!”

“…….…..”

Howon facepalmed himself. Oh, Dongwoo-hyung. Choose your words carefully.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you but, I’m afraid I don’t deal with that kind of sorcery. I can’t revive a dead person.”

“What? Oh, no no. That’s not what I meant! Although that would be even better but we’re here for a robot. A close friend of ours recently passed away and his lover is not taking it well. So, we were wondering if it’s possible to build a robot that will look the same? We thought that maybe this will help our friend to overcome the pain. We want him to get back to living his life, to to smile and be happy again. We can’t continue watching him like this.”

“ It must be very hard on your friend. But nobody has ever asked me for something like this before.” Jaesuk pursed his lips in thought and Dongwoo stared at him intensely. “But it’s challenging and I like tasting my abilities.”

Dongwoo’s ears perked up at that answer. “S-so you’ll do it??”

“I can’t promise it will be a 100% success, but I can try. I think I will need about a month.”

“Only a month?? B-but we’re talking about a human sized robot, right? Not a doll?” Dongwo had heard legends about this guy but only a month  sounded just impossible.

Jaesuk forced a smile. “Human sized robot, of course. Don’t underestimate me. And I would call this project Robotic Therapy. I like giving names to my works.”

Dongwoo cocked an eyebrow. “Robotic Therapy?”

“Well, yes. Because we are trying to heal someone’s pain while using a robot. What better way to call it?”

It was a nice talk and all but something was bothering Howon, so he got closer to the guy with a serious look on his face. “How much will this cost?” Somebody had to ask that, obviously.

Dongwoo gasped. He was so happy, that Jaesuk had agreed and he forgot  they’ll have to pay for this new… Woohyun. Creating a robot like this would probably cost a fortune. The boys were not poor, but definitely not rich enough to afford something like this. Maybe we can ask for a discount? Or  maybe we’ll have to pay installments for the rest of our lives? Dongwoo wondered.

“It will cost you nothing.” The man said with a smile. “I’ve always wanted to try out something like this, so I guess now is the right time. Think that you just got lucky.”

Oh my goodness! Honey for my ears! Who doesn’t like free stuff?? Dongwoo squealed.

Howon on the other hand wasn’t all too happy to hear this. Things were a way too good to be true, something was off. “Where’s the catch? You can’t just agree to do all of this out of good will and want nothing in return.”

All of this was amusing Jaesuk a lot. These two were quite the company. One was too absent-minded, while the other was quite sharp and caught on things pretty quickly. “Oh well, of course I won’t do it totally for free.” Jaesuk smirked and Dongwoo’s smile dropped.

What was that guy going to want? If it wasn’t money he was after then what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter