Chapter 18

♱ Robotic Therapy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prepare your tissues, just saying haha *evil laugh*

When Dongwoo reached Sunggyu’s place he did not ring the doorbell and just used his spare key. His intention was to head to the bedroom right away, but when he walked in he heard voices that were coming from the kitchen, so he headed there.

“Hyung, I told you I’m fine. There’s no need to-”

“Shut up!” Sunggyu cut him off. “When I say something’s wrong you should listen to me! Just wait until Dongwoo gets here, then we will-”

“I’m already here.” Dongwoo announced, since his presence was not being acknowledged. “I did not expect you to be in the kitchen, arguing at that.”

“It’s because he’s not listening to me!” Sunggyu frowned, while looking Woohyun. “Just touch his face! How can he say he’s fine, when he’s on fire?” Sunggyu huffed, as he motioned for Dongwoo to do as he had asked.

Dongwoo was starting to think that Sunggyu was just being overdramatic, but when he placed his hand on Woohyun’s forehead his eyes widened. “He’s burning hot!”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at his friend's comment. “Thank you for pointing the obvious out! Did you call that guy?”

“He has a name, Hyung. Use it.” Woohyun nagged and Sunggyu’s frown deepened.

“You – just keep quiet.” Sunggyu deadpanned.

Dongwoo almost laughed at Sunggyu’s behavior, there was only one person who could make him act like this before, someone that was no longer in this world. “Yes, I did. Jaesuk said he would be waiting for us.”

“Perfect. I’ll call a taxi.”



Sunggyu wasn’t very keen on going back to that guy’s place, especially with Woohyun by his side. But what else could he do? He couldn’t possibly bring Woohyun to a hospital, so that weird scientist whom Sunggyu had zero trust in was sadly the only reasonable choice – the only choice he had. This time the so called lab was a bit messier, probably because of Dongwoo’s sudden call.  He probably didn’t have much time to clean up.

“Hello, hello. I’m glad to see you again. Specially you, Sunggyu-shi.” Jaesuk said with a smile on his face.

Me? Oh, please. “Yeah, same here.” Sunggyu answered, while gritting his teeth.

Dongwoo wanted to smack Sunggyu’s head for his obviously not good acting, but he let it go. “Sorry for coming so early in the morning. But it really was urgent.”

“No worries. I’ll always find time for my precious boy.” He said, while glancing at Woohyun.

Your boy?? Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and wanted to slap him, so the stupid smile on his face could disappear. What are you smiling for?? Are you so happy to be here?? Sunggyu’s intense staring was stopped when Jaesuk spoke again.

“Come on, Woohyun. Sit here, so I could have a look at you and find out what’s wrong.” Woohyun nodded and sat on Jaesuk’s big chair. The other touched his face and made a grimace. This is not good. “Woohyun, do you mind if I..?”

“Oh, it’s fine. Go ahead.”

Those words confused the other two people in the room, but Jaesuk’s next action surprised them even more. He stood right next to Woohyun and started touching his neck, Sunggyu was about to keep his mouth shut, but noticed Woohyun’s pained expression, so he stepped ahead and grabbed Jaesuk’s hand.

“What do you think you’re doing? Stop that. You’re hurting him.” Sunggyu sneered, as he tightened his hold on Jaesuk’s hand.

“I will cause him even more pain, if I don’t do this.”

Sunggyu cocked an eyebrow, but still refused to let go. Not until Woohyun touched his arm.

“It’s okay, Hyung. He’s just trying to turn me off.”

“W-what?”

“There is a special place on his neck. If it’s touched with the right amount of strength  – not too strong, but not too faintly either, his system can be shut down. In order to examine him properly, I need to do this. Unless you want him stay ‘awake’ and be in even more pain?” Jaesuk asked, almost in a mocking tone, which did not stay unnoticed by Sunggyu.

T-this guy! “Of course I don’t want that.” Sunggyu let go of Jaesuk’s hand and stepped back.

“It would actually be better if you wait outside, this might take longer than I thought.”

Sunggyu was about to protest, but Dongwoo started dragging him out of the room with the words. “Let him do his job, Sunggyu. We’ll just get in the way.”


“It’s been an hour. How much more do we have to wait?!” Sunggyu asked, as munched on his thumb out of nervousness.

“Sunggyu, sit down. Stop walking in circles, just looking at you is enough to make me dizzy.” Dongwoo said, as he looked at his friend with worried eyes. Sunggyu had been pacing around the small corridor for the past hour and this was only making Dongwoo nervous as well.

The door was finally opened and Jaesuk appeared. “We’re done. You can come in now.”

“About time!” Sunggyu snapped, as he walked past Jaesuk. He rushed to Woohyun’s side and grabbed his shoulders. “Are you okay? Did he hurt you? How are you feeling? Maybe I shouldn’t have left you alone with him. What if he-”

Woohyun removed Sunggyu’s hands from his shoulders and took them in his own. He left a light kiss on top of Sunggyu’s right hand and smiled. “Did you mis​s me that much, Hyung? There’s no need to freak out, I’m perfectly fine.”

Sunggyu slightly blushed, because of Woohyun’s actions and words, but he released his left hand and touched Woohyun’s forehead. Thank god, he’s not that warm anymore. Sunggyu let out a sigh of relief, thinking that maybe bringing Woohyun here wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

“Do you need a moment alone or?” Jaesuk cleared his throat, as he walked back into the room with Dongwoo following behind him.

“N-no, there’s no need.” Sunggyu responded, as he straightened his back and stood next to Woohyun. “So, did you find out what’s wrong with him?”

“Yes, but you might not like what you’ll hear. I won’t lie to you, I have bad news.”

B-bad news? “What do you mean?” Sunggyu asked, his palms starting to sweat.

“His most important parts are overworked, the heat in his body is going to become stronger and stronger, almost unbearable for him.” Jaesuk explained, shocking everybody the room with his words.

“T-then just do something about it! You are the one who created him, you should be able to fix this!”

“I can’t. The only thing I can do is slow down the process, but I can’t stop it.”

Sunggyu grabbed Jaesuk’s collar and glared at him, ready to hit his face any second. “Are you kidding me??”

“Hyung!”

“Sunggyu!”

Both Dongwoo and Woohyun tried to separate Sunggyu from Jaesuk, but Sunggyu refused to budge. “Just replace those parts! Is money what you want? I’ll give you, so-”

“You really don’t understand, do you? Money is not the problem. Woohyun has always been a prototype, an experiment, he is first of his kind, the only one. I can’t find parts to replace the old ones with, because there are none. I’m sorry.”

What the hell? How can you drop such a bomb out of nowhere like it’s nothing?? Sunggyu let go of Jaesuk’s collar, still having it hard to believe his words. “Why is this happening?”

“Maybe, because he is trying too hard to be a real human. He’s experiencing too many emotions in his own way and that is making his system fail. He was designed to imitate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter