Chapter 20

♱ Robotic Therapy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three people in the room just exchanged glances from time to time, occasionally taking a sip from their steaming mugs, but nobody said a thing. Well, that lasted for about 5 minutes before Dongwoo couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“It’s  kind of cold in here, don’t you think?” He commented, as he let down his drink on the table.

Sunggyu looked at his friend and then at the silent boy next to him, who was just giving him a smile. “It’s winter, so it’s normal. It’s freezing cold outside. ”

“Outside is the key word, Sunggyu! Look at Howon’s face!” Dongwoo pointed at the other’s face, scanning him with his eyes. “He’s almost turning blue! I don’t call that normal! Why don’t you just turn up the air con a bit?” He suggested, his eyes falling on the remote control on the table.

“No.” Sunggyu cut him off almost immediately.

“But Howo-”

Howon leaned over and squeezed Dongwoo’s hand. “I’m fine, Hyung. Stop it. You know why he’s doing it.” His last words came out almost as a whisper, but both boys heard him anyway.

“Like that’s going to help Woohyun in any way! Why can’t he just- Ow! What was that for, Lee Howoooon??” Dongwoo yelped and he squinted his eyes at the other,

Howon didn’t even need to look at Sunggyu to know his reaction. “Please, Hyung. Just keep quiet!” He mumbled under his breath, making sure that this time Dongwoo will be the only one to hear him. “Can’t you read the atmosphere?? You will just upset Sunggyu-hyung even more.”

Dongwoo casted a glance over the table and indeed Sunggyu’s mood seemed to have gotten even worse. “Umm…”

Before Dongwoo could finish or actually even start his sentence, Jaesuk came down the stairs and gained everybody’s attention. Sunggyu got up from his chair right away and ran to his side.

“How is he??” He asked, concern written all over his face.

“Not good. This thing is spreading in his body like a virus, we are no longer talking about a few overworked parts, his whole body is suffering and-”

“You said you will find a way!” Sunggyu reminded, as he grabbed the other’s collar. Jaesuk’s calm and cold tone was pissing him off, couldn’t he look or sound at least a little bit more worried??

“And that is exactly what I have been doing in the past 20 days.” Jaesuk answered in the same monotone voice, as he removed Sunggyu’s hands from his body. “I am trying my best to find a way.”

“Well, it’s certainly not enough! He’s not getting better! He was supposed to visit you once or twice a week, but he’s been going to your stupid lab almost every day! Are you sure you’re even trying or-?!”

“Okay, Hyung. Calm down.” Howon tried to ease his friend, as he put a hand over his shoulder.

“Don’t act like this, Sunggyu. Jaesuk really wants to help, but it can’t happen right away. He just needs more time.” 

“Time? Guess what? That’s the only thing Woohyun doesn’t have!” Sunggyu raised his voice a bit more this time, surprising both Dongwoo and Howon who retreated back a bit. “On whose side are you anyway?” That question took off guard the two boys even more, but Sunggyu didn’t even let them respond, as he left the room with quick steps and headed towards the bedroom.

“H-how could he say that?” Dongwoo uttered seconds later, still in a haze.

“He wasn’t in a good mood to begin with, you know he didn’t mean that.” Howon tried to reassure Dongwoo, but his friend’s slumped shoulders told him that Sunggyu’s words still had an effect on him.

“Well, maybe he should have let you answer. I was curious about what you had to say as well.” Jaesuk stated nonchalantly, as he sat on the edge of the sofa.

“What do you mean by that?” Howon questioned, getting closer to Jaesuk without realizing it.

“I thought we had a deal. You were supposed to never reveal any information about Woohyun until I said you could.” Dongwoo and Howon exchanged a glance and gulped. “People are talking, you know? That someone has been asking around, if there was a way to stop the overheating of a human-sized robot. I wonder who could that be, hm?” Jaesuk already knew the answer, but let’s just say that he enjoyed the duo’s horrified expression.

“W-we haven’t directly said anything about Woohyun.” Howon decided to answer, since Dongwoo’s soul had totally left his body by now. “We just went here and there, asking some questions. But nobody could really help.”

“And you did that because you don’t trust in my abilities? How many times do I have to tell you that I’m the best in this field?”

“We just wanted to hear other opinions, but clearly since you are the one who created him, you know how to help him the best.”

“Yeah, that’s true. But I’m afraid Sunggyu is right. I need more time, but that’s certainly something Woohyun doesn’t have.”


Sunggyu sat on the edge of the bed and grabbed the younger’s hand. He studied Woohyun’s expression for a while, wondering if he’s in pain or not, but seconds later the boy opened his eyes. “You’re awake?” Sunggyu asked a rather rhetorical question.

“Yes, Jaesuk-hyung woke me up after he was done with whatever he was doing.” Woohyun explained, as he rubbed soft circles over Sunggyu’s hand.

“I see. How are you feeling?”

“Fine.” Woohyun replied, while averting his gaze.

You’re lying. You can’t even look me in the eyes. I know how serious things are, otherwise I wouldn’t have called that guy, asking him to come over. Jaesuk said you were supposed to get better after his so called treatment, but does he even know what he’s doing? How can he know, when he has never encountered a case like this one before? Is he just being cocky? Or does he truly believe he can do something to help you?

“Hyung?”

Sunggyu was snapped out of his thoughts, when he heard his name and he returned his attention to the boy on the bed. “Sorry, what?”

“I asked you, if you’re angry?”

“Why would you-?”

“I heard you, it sounded like you were yelling at Dongwoo-hyung and Howon.”

Guilt swept over Sunggyu, as he remembered that moment from minutes ago. I shouldn’t have lost my temper like that. “They were being annoying. I did raise my voice for a second, but it wasn’t something serious.”

“You shouldn’t do that. You can fight with your friends at-”

“Our friends.” Sunggyu corrected him.

“Yes, I mean our friends. But really, don’t fight with them. You’ll need them once I…um, you know-”

Well, if Sunggyu was looking for a sufficient way to make Woohyun stop talking, he certainly succeeded. Leaning over and kissing Woohyun without saying a thing wasn’t something Sunggyu had planned, it just happened. But the fact that Woohyun was smiling into the kiss, told Sunggyu that the brat was enjoying this more than he should’ve. The older did disconnect their lips after a while, but remained in his position, forehead leaning against the younger’s.

“You wanted to kiss me that badly, huh?” Woohyun teased, as he ran his fingers through Sunggyu’s hair.

“Shut up. Your words were headed in the wrong direction, so I had no choice.” 

“Wrong direction, huh?” Were they really?





Sunggyu refused to leave Woohyun alone for a long period of time - more than 30 minutes to be exact. It was because of what happened a week ago, when Woohyun suddenly fainted while he was preparing lunch. Well, Sunggyu freaked out, all sort of questions and scenarios running inside his head. That’s why he called Jaesuk and of course Dongwoo and Howon tagged along. It wasn’t something so serious, but it wasn’t a minor accident either. Sunggyu knew it and Woohyun knew it as well. The fact that it happened once, meant it could happen again, so Sunggyu was always on alert, watching the younger like a hawk, eyes following his every move. But in days like this one, when he had to go out, he always left the house with an uneasy heart.

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright all alone? Do you want me to call someone or?” Sunggyu questioned, as he put on his coat, eyes never leaving Woohyun’s face.

“I’ll be okay, you don’t have to worry about me.” Woohyun replied, as he mentally noted for the nth time that Sunggyu really did tie his shoe laces in a weird way. It looks so complicated, yet he said that he finds this way easier.

“Fine, but if something happens, if you feel sick or anything of the sort-”

“I’ll call you right away, I know. Go now. It’s your last week before the holidays, right? I don’t want you to be late for the lecture, because of me.”

Sunggyu walked over to Woohyun, who was leaning on the wall and pecked his lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter