Forever (Epilogue)

♱ Robotic Therapy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[!] just a little reminder ^^
Woohyun was killed in May 2015, Robo Hyun ‘died’ in December 2015 and these events take place 6 months later, which means that it’s May 2016 - a year after the ‘real’ Woohyun’s death.

6 months later ~


Today was the day of Boohyun’s trial. After a whole year of investigation, the judge was finally going to announce the verdict.

Sunggyu was currently standing in front of the court, getting some fresh air, because he knew that in the next hour he would see and hear things he wouldn’t like. He looked at the sky and took in a deep breath. This tie is suffocating me, I can’t wait to get rid of it. Suits really aren’t for me after all. I wonder if I’ll still care about that at the end of the day, there are much more important things to worry about.

“Hyung, it’s time.” Sungyeol called out and Sunggyu turned his attention to him.

“I’m coming.”


As Sunggyu expected, when the trial began some photos were shown on a big screen – photos of the crime scene. Thank god it wasn’t something worse, but Sunggyu still couldn’t bear to look at all the blood, so he lowered his gaze and looked elsewhere. He really thought it was unnecessary to show all those hideous images, but it had to be revealed to the public for getting a better view of the crime.

Boohyun’s lawyer seemed to have given up on defending him and just quietly stood next to his client, well he was just assigned to him and god knows how much he cursed his luck when he got that case, it was all doomed from the start, so he didn’t even push himself to do much.

The prosecutor pointed out all important evidence, all showing that no other than Nam Boohyun had commited the crime. The evidence included witness statements of his neighbors, DNA results proving that Boohyun’s fingerprints were all over the knife, which caused Woohyun’s death. Boohyun’s side had nothing to say about the accusations and soon the judge went out of the room to write down his final decision.

In those minutes Sunggyu’s eyes travelled around the room – from Woohyun’s parents who were sitting on the bench in front of him, to his friends who were beside him, casting him worried glances now and then. His eyes also stopped on Boohyun, who actually dared to look back at him with that expressionless face of his, not showing what was going through his mind. Sunggyu still had it hard to believe, how could someone change so much? From a loving and caring brother to a brutal murder. Maybe he was never going to understand, but that wasn’t something which demanded his attention the most right now.

Some minutes later the judge reappeared and told everyone to quiet down. He sat on his chair and read the verdict. “Today we have gathered to hear what Nam Boohyun’s fate will be. First of all, we need to have in mind that the victim and the offender are from the same family – brothers at that! And the law is very strict and unforgiving when it comes to killing someone from your own bloodline. Of course, taking away someone’s precious life is always the most serious crime of all. Second of all, we never even once heard an explanation from the culprit's mouth – if he was guilty or not, what made him commit the crime if he was the one who did, he said nothing and that still hasn’t changed. However, all gathered evidence are more than enough to be certain about one thing – Nam Boohyun killed his own brother in his apartment in a very cruel way. As you have all heard, there were numerous wounds on the victim’s body. The boy could have been saved, if his brother had stopped with the madness sooner, but sadly a young man lost his life on that day. It was an intentional murder, a tragedy which affected many people's lives. So now I will announce the final verdict - Nam Boohyun, you are given a life sentence with no right to appeal. You will spend the rest of your days in prison and hopefully one day, you will realize what huge mistake you have made.”

Life sentence… Sunggyu repeated in his head. He thought that he would be relieved to hear that, to know that Boohyun will get what he deserved, but that wasn’t going to bring Woohyun back – nothing could. So Sunggyu still felt that void in his heart, which was probably never going to be filled. He glanced at Boohyun, who was now being dragged out of the room by the police men and for a second their eyes met and that’s when Sunggyu felt it – there was no remorse in the older’s eyes. Sunggyu wanted to believe that he was keeping quiet, simply because he believed that he deserved the worse possible sentence, that was now regretting what he had done. But Sunggyu couldn’t be more wrong – Boohyun really didn’t care and that maddened Sunggyu. Even an eternity won’t be enough. That was the thought, which crossed his mind, as Boohyun was finally led out and then Sunggyu’s eyes fell on Woohyun’s parents. His mother was in a horrible state, she couldn’t stop crying even with all the comforting of her husband. And that’s when Sunggyu’s resolve to finally reveal everything to them completely disappeared. Until the last moment, he hoped that Boohyun would tell everybody at the court what he had told him in the visiting room, but he didn’t and now Sunggyu had no other choice, but to tell Woohyun’s parents himself. But looking at them right now – the father, barely standing on his feet, trying to suppress his tears and the mother, sobbing so hard that probably even her vision was blurred, pain and disbelief written on her face… Sunggyu just couldn’t tell them, at least not now. Maybe I will have to wait a week, right now they have enough on their minds. Telling them the truth about why all of this happened, won’t put their hearts at ease – it will just hurt them more.

Sunggyu got up from his seat and walked out of the court room, he was about to exit the building as well, when someone grabbed his arm.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Howon asked with a confused expression. “I thought they w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter