Chapter 10

♱ Robotic Therapy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That day, when Sunggyu-hyung came back home he was weird. He had this gloomy look on his face, he looked grumpy and annoyed, more than usual. Before, when I tried to make jokes or play with him he would at least show me a small smile and tell me to go away, but now he just coldly brushed me off. He was like a ghost walking around the house. He also wasn’t eating his meals properly, he just poked the food with chopsticks and then excused himself, after a few minutes. I don’t like seeing him this way.  He has to talk to me, otherwise I won’t know how to help him. I don’t want to bother him too much because who knows, he might snap and throw me out for real. I want to get close to him, I really want to, but I just don’t know how. Just when I thought that things between us were getting better, he suddenly showed me the cold shoulder. A week passed like that and I couldn’t handle it anymore, I had to come up with a plan, but I couldn’t do it alone. 

I made sure that Hyung was sleeping in the bedroom and I sneaked into the living room. I picked up the phone and dialed a number. 

“Hi, Sunggyu, what is it?” A soft voice spoke.

“No, it’s me Dongwoo-hyung. Woohyun.”

“Oh, what is it Woohyun? Is Sunggyu treating you well?” A laugh could be heard.

“Um, actually Hyung has been acting strange these days. I was wondering, if you could come over and ask him what’s going on? He won’t tell me a thing.” The boy pleaded.

“What to do, Woohyun? I’m at my grandma’s place right now. It’s really far away from Seoul. I’ll be staying here for about 5 more days.”

“Oh…”

“But don’t worry! I know who can help! I’ll send my dark horse right away!”

“Um, I don’t think a horse will be of any he-”

“It’s just a term, Woohyun. Just sit back and relax! Hyung will do the job!” Idiot, pff. Dongwoo sneered.

“O-okay. Thank you, Dongwoo-hyung.”

“Always there for you! Bye, bye!”


Woohyun went into the kitchen to prepare some dinner, not like Sunggyu was going to eat it, but the boy still wanted to try his best to cheer up his Hyung. He heard footsteps and turned around. Sunggyu was near the fridge, he opened it and poued himself some water.

“Hyung! You’re up! How was your afternoon sleep?” Woohyun beamed.

“Fine, I guess.” Sunggyu mumbled, not meeting Woohyun’s gaze, which saddened the boy.

“I’m making dinner. I didn’t know what you would want, so I just chose-”

“Thanks, but I’m not hungry.” Sunggyu said and strolled out of the room.

N-not hungry? But he’s barely eaten a thing today! “Hyung, wait.” Woohyun called after him.

The older turned around, crossing his arms over his chest. “What?”

Oh god, he stopped but what do I say now? “Um… you see, well…”

Sunggyu tapped his foot, clearly starting to get annoyed by all the pauses.

Ding-doong!

They both turned around, because the doorbell was ringing.

Aah, the ‘dark horse’ is here! Woohyun’s eyes sparkled. “I-I’ll go get the door.” He said.

“Leave it. Whoever is ringing will eventually leave, if we don’t open the door.” Sunggyu spat.

“Ouch, right into the heart, Hyung! How could you say that?” A voice said from behind Sunggyu’s back, to be exact – Kim Myungsoo.

Woohyun was beyond happy to see the trio – Sungyeol, Sungjong and Myungsoo. And Sunggyu’s expression softened a bit when he saw his friends.

“How did you get in?” He snarled.

“What a lovely, yet stupid question, Hyung. Did you get a brain damage or something?” Sungyeol said, as he waved a key in front of Sunggyu’s face. “We all have a spare one, remember? I was just kind enough to ring the bell but tch, you were too lazy to open up the door.”

Damn, I should take those back. “Look, I’m not into the mo-”

Just as he was talking Myungsoo and Sungjong both grabbed each of his arms and dragged him to the living room, not listening to his protests.

”Let’s choose a movie to watch! We also brought some food, look at how skinny you’ve become, Hyung! Isn’t Woohyun feeding you properly?” Sungjong asked.

“What? Movie, food? No, I-”

“Ssht, Hyung. Come here.” Myungsoo pushed Sunggyu onto the couch and sat next to him, Sungjong following along.

Sunggyu struggled like there’s no tomorrow and tried to give up, but the boys were not letting him move from his spot. He could only sigh, but a small smile cracked on his face and soon he was calm.


Sungyeol tugged onto Woohyun’s sleeve to get his attention.

“So this is what Dongwoo-hyung meant by ‘help’. Thank you for coming.”

“What are friends for!” Sungyeol beamed at the other.

“It’s nice that you 3 came together. I’m sure you’ll make Hyung feel much better.”

“Ah, yeah. Sungjong and Myungsoo are here just for distraction.”

“Hm, distraction?” Woohyun tilted his head in confusion.

“Yes, because you and I have something important to do.” Sungyeol said and grabbed Woohyun’s arm dragging him into the bedroom on the second floor. He locked the door and grinned at Woohyun.

“W-why did you lock the door?” Woohyun asked, not really liking the situation.

“Oh, don’t worry. It’s just in case you try to run away, ha ha.”

Woohyun’s eyes widened. What is he going to do with me??

Sungyeol came closer and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him up a bit. “Woohyun, you want to make Sunggyu-hyung smile, right? You want to see him happy, right?”

Wait, why do I get the feeling that I’ve heard those words before? “Um, y-yes?”

“Great! Now sit down on that chair and let me do my job!”

“W-wait! What are you going to do? You’re not planning something weird like at the birthday party, right?” Woohyun’s eyes darted around the room in panic.

“What? You can’t have me and weird in the same sentence. Besides, that plan was brilliant! You lifted up everyone’s mood that day! And you made Sunggyu-hyung smile!”

“S-smile? It’s more like he laughed at me.” Woohyun whined with a pout on his lips.

Sung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter