A Complete Stranger

Falling

Chapter 9: A Complete Stranger

Now we are out of the classroom, hands on the ears, watching the clouds. We receive the punishment from Mr. Kang for not attending his class, instead we were in the hall, about to complete an episode of a romantic school love affair drama.

“This is all your fault.” I pout.

“Well, this is fun.” He says strangely, a small smile on his face.

“Wae gu rae so?”

“I like to be around you.” He grins. I squint my eyes.

“We’re not in the amusement park, or a date, Sehun-ah,” I say. “We’re getting punished by the teacher. In front of everyone. It’s embarrassing.”

“Aniya,” He shakes his head, “It’s not embarrassing. Or do you want to run to the front gate like we used to do before this and.. “

I tip toe and give him a pinch on his soft cheek. He groans a bit, but then he smiles again.

“I’m hurting you but you’re smiling? Do you have some mental problems?” Oh Sehun nods to my question.

“Yes. I’m crazy.”

“It’s obvious.”

“I’m crazy, about you.”

I look at him in the eyes. He is so beautiful. I cannot help but to smile back to him, gleefully.

From inside of the classroom, Kim Yura’s face is distorted with rage when she sees Oh Sehun with the girl she hates the most. Her fingernails screech across the book sheet, full with rage.

 

*****

Oh Sehun turns on his phone, and scans through the photo he received from Kim Jongin. He sits there staring into space as the photo, and the information written on it, spin around inside his head and then settle into place.

His princess obviously doesn't want him to know about this. She would have told him if she did. She clearly doesn't want anyone to know about her late father.

Oh Sehun takes a deep breath.

He cannot believe what he found out.

His princess is a murderer's daughter.

“Sehun-ah, I don’t know if I should say this,” Kim Jongin takes a sip of his Coke and put down the can on the table, eyes on his best friend. Oh Sehun raises his eyebrow, leaning back in the chair made of steel.

“I’ve read somewhere about the abused child, I mean this is not a fact, maybe, but you know, we need to consider everything just in case.. “

“What are you trying to say?” His voice is getting intense. Kim Jongin coughs before he continues.

“It said abused child, or as in neglected child, is more likely to be aggressive or young offender. She may harm you, and Yura.” Kim Jongin jumps a bit when Oh Sehun suddenly kicks the stool next to him, his eyes red.

“Who is she you are referring to, Jongin?”

“Sehun-ah, we need to be careful. Just in case,”

In a flash, Oh Sehun has dropped the Coke on the floor and he dives at Kim Jongin, pushing his fist into Jongin’s face with an almighty thwack. The men from the band leap forward, desperately to pull them apart, but it’s all going so fast they don’t seem to be able to do much.

“OH SEHUN, STOP IT!” Another three men are grabbing each of Sehun’s arms, trying to calm him. Kim Jongin wipes the blood from his nose, feeling dizzy.

“If you mention about this once again, I will kill you to death, Kim Jongin. Remember that.”

He warns.

 

*****

I don't get to walk into the library when I see Kim Yura. She looks so angry that I can practically see the steam shooting out from her ears. She grabs my hand and pulls me into a secluded corner of the hallway.

"Don't look at me like that, like you think you can even try." She points her finger on my face. "I'm better than you. I am. I could beat you anytime I want, in fact, I can do it today. I want to see how Oh Sehun treats you after this." She laughs, my hands start shaking like a leaf.

"Everything you say is a mask, Kim Yura. But each thing gives a clue to a real you. What you are trying to hide behind your innocent, shy look." I say abruptly. I can see her face turns to red, full with anger. Hate boils inside my stomach as I remember the incident happened a few days ago. No, I was not embarrassed. I was angry. Angry that she successfully acted like an innocent in front of Oh Sehun.  

"You, are a ," Kim Yura presses her fingers hard on my skin, I can feel the pain from her long nail. "You don't belong here. How do I know? From comparing your cheap clothes to mine, your thorn shoes, your smelly hair." Her hand moves to my long hair.

"Sorry if it hurts, but you are. So, why don't you stop being around Oh Sehun and crawl back to whatever dumpster you live in. Because no one will protect you anymore after this."

"You hate me because Oh Sehun falls hard for me, but not you, right?" I say with a confidence I don't feel. "Even your childhood friend knows how to differentiate between dirt and a diamond." She looks taken aback by my abruptness. It even surprises me how forthright I've become this past few weeks.

“That dirt is you.”

As soon as I finish talking, Kim Yura slaps me hard on my left cheek. The slap is as loud as a clap and stung my face. It has been an open-handed smack and it left a red welt behind. Just below my eye is a small cut where the ring caught me. I stagger backwards, clutching my face, eyes watering.

Kim Yura grabs my arm and pinches.

"You have no ing clue what you are getting involved in." She bares her perfectly capped teeth.

I prise her hand away from me. She really is a nasty piece of work.

"I won't let you step on me, Kim Yura." I say. I walk out the locker room but she stops me, hissing curse words underneath her breath but not so loud as to draw any attention to us. I immediately push her body, and it's a bit harsh where she steps backwards and falls against the locker. Just on that moment, Oh Sehun comes into the hallway with Kim Jongin following him at the back.

“What have you done, Y/N?!”

Oh Sehun shoves my arms away, and immediately goes to Kim Yura, holding her hands. I am surprised to see Oh Sehun’s unusual act. He never raised his voice to me. His beautiful eyes are narrowed, rigid, cold, and hard. In that moment I know that he is already far away. And I am the enemy.

“She’s the one who’s a to me. All the time.. “ I say in a small voice. Oh Sehun rubs his hand over his face, looking exhausted.

“Oh my god, I’m bleeding!” Kim Yura starts to cry and touches her flawless arm. It’s no longer flawless to me, they have a small scratch on her white skin, and it’s bleeding. She breaks down into a heap of noisy sobs.

“You did this?” Oh Sehun looks at me, in disbelief.

‘It said abused child, or as in neglected child, is more likely to be aggressive or young offender. She may harm you, and Yura.’

I shake my head and try to explain but looking at Oh Sehun’s eyes are full redness and anger, I shut my mouth. Some students are whispering and talking. The environment is intense, and most of them are glaring at me, sharply. As if Kim Yura was a victim.

And I am the here.

"Sehun-ah, she's lying."

"What are you on about?" Oh Sehun opens his arms in a gesture of complete confusion. "What the hell is happening here?"

"Sehun," I say, aware of everyone around me listening intently and wondering what is happening. "Yura is ing me. She said- "

"Ah Young?" He says, anger darkening his bright features. "Be honest to me."

"I was trying to say sorry for yesterday because I accidentally hurted her, and I want to give this to her," She takes out the band aid from her pocket and makes a sad face. "But she refused and pushed me hard. It's bleeding."

She's acting out. The band aid isn't there just now. Oh God.

‘We need to be careful. Just in case.. ‘

Oh Sehun grabs my wrist so hard that I feel the numb.

“Sehun-ah, geu man hae.” Kim Jongin tries to calm him down but Oh Sehun shoves him away.

“I tried my best not to believe everyone, including my best friend when they said that you were rude to Ah Young, because I trusted you. I thought that you won’t do anything like that,” I feel like my head hurts so much by his words. His strong arm grabs hold of me and pulls me back.

“But now that I saw you, everything you did, and congratulations, you have proven that you’re a murderer’s daughter. Very well.” I cannot help but sparring with Oh Sehun.

Murderer's daughter.

That is what he called me. The words echo in my mind, bouncing against the wall of my skull endlessly. I cannot escape it, because he's right.

I am a murderer's daughter. I am disgusting.

“She deserved that, Oh Sehun.” My shaky voice takes over as my eyes meet his for the last time.

Oh Sehun gives me his final glance, confirming that he is going to end this relationship, for real. I know instantly from his eyes that we’d hit our mark today.

“You’re horrible, Y/N.”

I feel inside me tear and the blood drain from my face. His eyes are cold like I’d never seen him like that. He is throwing words at me but they feel like daggers, stabbing me with every syllable. He dash out with Kim Yura and leaves me behind.

Of course.

Yura is right.

Why would he want a messy, weak-brained, a murderer's daughter like me when he's got a beautiful, elegant, and rich her. Kim Yura turns her head and catches sight of me. She gives me a slow 'I told you so' smile.

I can see I’m totally not needed here.

‘I don’t care about anything else but you’

‘We need to stick together, sunshine’

‘I love you’

And that’s when the tears I’ve been holding in all day start to fall.

 

*****

I put my head in my hands and exhale slowly.

I’m so, so tired.

I look up to see my mom sits in front me.

“Come here, now, uri ae gi.” She says, putting her arms around me and pulling me into a hug.

“Oemma, it’s all ruined.. “ I cry.

“It’s finished. Oh Sehun left me. Everyone left me.”

My mom places her hand under my chin and gently lifts my head up.

“It’s ruined today. That’s all. Just today.” She brushes my hair.

“Oemma.. “ I call her, pulling her fingers up and place them on my cheek. When I’m about to kiss them, they suddenly dissolve with the air. My tears roll down my cheeks, letting out a loud sobs.

“Oemma, I miss you.”

Oemma.

Uri oemma.

I get a sharp picture of her, sad, alone. I snap out of my daze. Oemma is no longer here. Oh Sehun is no longer here.

‘How could I leave my jagi alone?’

‘Is that a promise? You wont leave?’

‘Yes, thats a promise’

No one is here. No one. 

 


What's going on here I don't like the atmosphere T T 

Do leave a comment if you want to say something, I would really love to reply you guys!

Don't forget to vote!