Beautiful

Falling

Chapter 6: Beautiful

As soon as I arrived at the school, I went to the locker room to get my books. Right then I heard a group of students were whispering and talking. The environment was intense, and some of them were glaring at me, sharply. 

“Oh my, she’s so shameless.” 

“That looks pitiful.” 

“Is that her? She’s not from this neighborhood, right?” 

“Yeah, I heard her mom works at the night club, you know, that kind of cheap woman – “ 

I felt like the world was spinning around. I continued walking, trying to be deaf and pretended to not listening. I’ve been here since few weeks ago, using the reason that my mom found a new job at the town but the truth was we actually ran away from some people, because my late irresponsible dad couldn’t afford to pay the borrowed money from loan shark.

With shaking hands, I stunned in front of my locker. 

BIT*H. 

CHEAP GIRL SELL YOUR BODY FOR MONEY. 

*UCK YOU. 

Those words were painted on my locker using a red spray. The locker was in a mess. The books were ripped and thrown everywhere. The rotten smell came out from inside, the nausea swirled unrestrained in my empty stomach. My heart felt as if my blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat. I muffled my sobs into my knees as I curled up against the shelf stacked with books, glad for my secluded corner as I almost let the tears fall. 
I swallowed hard the saliva, and bent my knees to pick up the torn papers. I was about to pick the last piece when suddenly a pair of sneakers stepped on the paper. 

“You need help?” 

I was startled. It took me a few seconds to recognize this familiar voice. My eyes stuck on the right hand of the guy in front of me. He was helping me to pick up the rest of the torn paper. I’ve seen him around the school a few times before, but never had things in my mind that he would come close and talked to me. He even knew my name. I stopped moving. I think my heart did the same. It nearly stopped beating. 

 “You don’t look pretty when you cry.”  

He comforted me, and carved a smile for me.  I couldn’t hide my teary eyes from him, but I tried my best not to burst any tears. Not here, around a bunch of evil people who blame me for being pitiful, and calling me all sorts of animals in the Amazon. This guy with a snow skin helped me to clean all the mess created, while cursing them for being mean towards an innocent me. I put myself in silent mode, and told no words. Because I was so sick, as if someone’s showering my deep wound with bags of salt. 

“Can you not come any closer to me?” I asked, half whispering. Because I didn’t want those people to see me with this guy, and spread the rumors about ‘the cheap me’ once again. 

“Why? You don’t like to see me around you?”

I really wanted to say no. I was glad. Truthfully, I was happy to know that someone’s caring for me. Someone remembered my name. The only one who called me with my full name, not with the harsh words I usually heard. 

“Can we be friends?” He asked. 

"Hmm?"

I lowered my gaze to the floor, without answering. 

“I will consider it as a yes.” He took my books, and stood up. I came back to my sense when I realized that he walked into the classroom with my stuffs in his hands. 

“But – my books – “ 

“Call me Oh Sehun. Make sure you remember my name then I'll give this back to you.” He smirked. 

I suddenly froze. There was something in the way he smiled, a warmth, a genuineness, a softness of spirit I just couldn't pass up. 

*****

I am trying to lift up a box of books that I borrow from the district library for myself when suddenly Oh Sehun comes from the back and takes the heavy box from my hands. I am a bit surprised, but at the same time I feel glad to see his face. At first, Oh Sehun makes a grumpy face, but then, not even a minute he smiles again. 

“I supposed to feel angry because someone didn’t pick up my phone calls, and I think she forgot her promise to have bubble tea with me at least three times a week.” 

Instead of answering to Oh Sehun, I place both hands in my pocket and keep walking. Oh Sehun follows my steps and walks backwards with his body is facing mine. For the first time ever I gather all my courage and stare at his wonderful pair of piercing eyes. Anything about Oh Sehun never fails to make my heart flutter. 

“Jagiya, I’m talking to you.” 

“I don’t think we’re that close for you to call me 'jagi' .” I say, softly. What I just said is actually a joke. I do not want to make it too obvious that I actually love to hear Oh Sehun calling me 'jagi'. Suddenly he stops walking. 

“Say what again?” 

“Oh Sehun, you’re blocking my way – “ 

“We’re not that close?”

“Sehun ah – “ 

“We can be closer or whatever - I don’t care, I will just call you my jagi. Fullstop. “ Oh Sehun leaves me behind and keep shouting my name. 

"She's beautiful, don't you think so? My jagi.. " I cover my face with both hands because it is so embarrassing when people around start to whisper to each other, and throw a weird glance to Oh Sehun and me. 

“Jagiyaaa ~~~ Buy me bubble tea if you want this back!” Just then I realize my box is still with him, and he acts like he is trying to stole it. 

“Oh Sehun, you  – “  

I have no choice but to catch his fast movements and buy him his favorite bubble tea. That night, I get my journal, and write something on page 15. 

To the man who made me all blushed, and smiled like a girl hopelessly in love. 

Thanks. 

For noticing my existence. 

*****

I stop walking. My eyes fix at Oh Sehun. He is looking at the music store next to the bus stop. He makes a sign to me that he wants to look for his favorite band's album. I just nod my head and wait outside the store. From the glass wall of the music store, I stare at Oh Sehun. He is so happy once he found the album. Hturns his head towards the glass wall and smiles at me. I place my right hand on the chest. I can feel my heartbeat races.

"I heard it's going to be very cold in less than two weeks. You should get the thick clothes and hotpack some more. You’re always being so careless about yourself." Oh Sehun says, rubbing his palms to warm up his hands. His ears are both red, and so his nose.

"Remind yourself too. Stop drinking bubble tea during the winter. You will freeze to death." I answer back, shortly. Sipping my warm fish cake soup, I throw a glance to Oh Sehun's face. He is rolling his eyes, protests my words. I laugh at his funny face.

"What will you do when the first snow comes?" He asks. Oh Sehun leans his back in the wooden chair and looks into my eyes. 

I shrug my shoulder. "I'm not sure. But why did you ask such a childish question? So not you." I say, wiping my moist lips with a tissue. Oh Sehun his hair and smirks. 

"I'm just curious. You don't look like enjoying the winter that much, like everybody else did." Answers him. I silently smile. 

"What about you, then?" 

"I will come and see you." 

"Nonsense." 

"I'm serious."

"Reason?" I gulp nervously, waiting for him to answer. 

"Because I can't live without my jagi, even for a day." He says. I scratch my nose softly, pretending like I am not listening. He starts his strong eyebrows game, and staring at me. 

"I'm not going to let you fool me once again, you terrible jerk." Oh Sehun laughs when I finish talking. Biting my lips, I kick his feet under the coffee table. He raises both hands, begging me to stop. 

"I'm your future husband, give me some love, jagiyaaa.. "

"Stop talking crap then, Oh Sehun." I stand up, and preparing to leave. I can not stay here any longer since the last bus is about to leave. I grab my handbag and wear my sweater. 


"Let's leave together, jagiya!" Oh Sehun says, quickly grabbing his winter coat, and run towards me. Using his giant hands, he protects my head from the rain. And as usual, I will try to avoid him from doing so, so that people will not misunderstand us.


But I like it. I like the way he treats me. I like the name he used to call me. 


I like him. 


The story isn't ended here, guys! i still have few more chapters, please keep subscribing and reading! Thank youu