Unspeakable Secret

Falling

Chapter 5: Unspeakable Secret

How questionably odd it was to see the long-haired girl sitting under the same tree again. If Oh Sehun was not mistaken, the girl had been like that for several days, since the day she transferred. Her hair was long, dark, and her bangs was cut neatly on her forehead. She was wearing poorly-fitted knitted sweater that was not exact to her small body measurement. When the wind blew, her hair moved, and a scar on her face shown. 

"Who is she?" 

Kim Jongin turned his head to the tree pointed by Oh Sehun. 

"Oh, a new transfer kid. From Gwangju. Father died, mother? Have no idea. Live alone I guess. No extraordinary background information detected." He said, reaching for the towel from his sling bag and wiped the sweat. "And she sits next to you, stupid." 

Oh Sehun dropped his jaw for a second, feeling unbelievable. "Next to me?" 

"To be exact, three desks next to you. Since three days ago." 

***** 

The bell rang, and a few students walked into the classroom, sweating. They had so much fun during the Physical Education class previously, and now within ten minutes they had to cramp their brain for calculus, again. 

"That was awesome, man. The slam dunk, it's crazy!" Mark praised, his hand on Sehun's broad shoulder. Oh Sehun made a proud face, and laughs. All the girls' eyes were on him, watching his bare, muscular arms, going crazy. "I'll show you more next time, Mark. Second round after class?" Oh Sehun raised his eyebrow. 

"Sounds good." Mark left him with a thumbs up. 

After changing back into his school attire, Oh Sehun rushed back to the classroom and almost cursing himself for forgetting the homework assigned by Mr. Ahn. He quickly searched for his book and tapped the desk next to him. 

"Young Mi-ah, lend me your book. I have three more questions undone. Mr. Ahn will kill me, I swear." He said, eyes on the book, solving the problem using the formulas he had in mind. After a few seconds, he didn't get a respond. 

"Young Mi, help me just for once, please? I will buy you lunch later." Once again, Oh Sehun knocked the desk with his palm. But no answer. 

"YAH, YOUNG MI-AH!" Oh Sehun's eyes flickered a bit when he looked up he saw a new transfer kid sat next to him, not his friend, Young Mi. The transfer kid glanced at him too for seconds, but she quickly hid her face behind her long hair. 

"Oh Sehun, are you crazy?! I'm here, you dumb. You're calling me but your eyes are on someone else." Young Mi complained. She's sitting at the back with Kim Jongin, and squinted to Oh Sehun. He felt weird suddenly. It seemed like his heart stopped beating. She was plain, her long hair flew as the wind blew, and he looked at her like he'd never really seen a girl before. 

"I-I'm sorry I thought you're.. Young Mi." 

Those eyes, it's dark, yet he could feel the warmth inside. Oh Sehun was so in love with those eyes no matter how burdened they are, he couldn't seem to figure it all out. He wanted to know her more, to know what secret lies in her. 

She didn't speak. She didn't look up. Her eyes were always down the floor. 

That was the day when Oh Sehun met her, and he saw something flickering in her eyes that he never wanted to die. 

*****

"Oh Sehun!" 

I glanced a bit to the black-haired boy next to me, he's leaning on his chair, eating a bubblegum. Oh Sehun and his remained friendly-faced and welcoming in body posture. Since the first day I transferred to S High School, I never saw him deliberately make a friend, but they just came to him. Out of everyone in this class, Oh Sehun made his appearance, and it stood against the classroom hue. His dark hair, his white skin, his jawline, his long skinny legs. His piercing eyes had a softness to them, there was something so welcoming in the rich brown pupils he had.

There was nothing threatening about him, nothing at all. 

As I walked alone to the library, I could hear the beat of the rain against the window and looking out could see, through the curtain of water, the dimmed lights of the sprawling city. I looked out the window, the sky was turning black and the large clouds were moving. I heard a tapping on the window and then it became a pitter-patter. Outside, people ran for cover and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spit out their beads of water. A few seconds later, the rain fell down constantly like an endless bucket of water being poured down from the clouds. I silently smiled. I actually like it, I found it soothing. The sounds of rain, the smell of wet grass, everything. 

"Yah, Jongin! Let's stop, it's raining!" Oh Sehun said. He quickly grabbed the basketball and his t-shirt, and running away from the rain. Everyone was walking in a quick pace, as the rain started to drop heavily. 

Soon, it began sprinkling. I stretched my arm, feeling the rain. Little droplets of water drenched my palm and my school uniform. The water droplets began growing larger and falling hard. The chilly wind cut through me like a knife, but I wouldn't care. 

I was gleeful, overjoyed.

Oh Sehun wiped his wet hair and clothes with a dry towel he got from Kim Jongin. His eyes trained to the dark clouds and then he sighed. He's waiting for Kim Jongin outside the gym, shivering from cold. Oh Sehun made a small jump a few times because it was so cold, and his eyes were wandering around the building. Suddenly he saw a figure of someone familiar, she was standing outside the library.  

And she was smiling.

For the third times Oh Sehun had to take a long breath before he died from heart attack. 

*****

“Sehun-ah, where are you? I can’t see anything – “ I call for Oh Sehun once my foot steps on the last stairs. Now that I’m here on the rooftop, the air feels even fresh and the soft breeze sort of welcoming me. 

“I’m here, jagi.. ” I turn around to look for him as I hear the voice, and bump straight into him. He steadies me with his hands on my waist. 

“I’m sorry, it’s a bit dark here. I’ll get the candles, wait there.” 

He holds my hand, gently untangling himself and put me on the seat. I can feel the rough surface of a wooden bench under my hips. It’s cold. I sit down cautiously, well, talking about the skinship that we made just now, it’s weird that I feel something. Like a sensation, when his fingers touch on my bare arms. Ah, I’m imagining things once again. 

Oh Sehun comes back again with three candles, and starts lighting those. He sits down beside me, and opens his black cotton jacket, and places it on my legs. I wanted to wear my pink dress I got from Min Kyung, but I don’t really want to bump into my step brother on my way to get the dress in laundry room. I ended up wearing a light blue sweatshirt with a poorly fitted jeans.

“Thanks.” I say. 

“So, do you know any ghost story?” He laughs. I mean we both laugh at his jokes, as the awkwardness vanishes. 

Soon we start talking again, even more than we usually did, while having bubble tea that he prepares first hand before I reach on the rooftop. We talk about our school, friends, things that we like, and all the little things that a friend should know. Except that I don’t mention about Cha Geun Seok during our conversation, because I don’t feel he’s worth to mention. Not now. 

“I don’t know that you have such a nice house.” I praises, well it’s true. 

Look at the house, it’s like a mansion. With a swimming pool, a private golf field, and of course the rooftop. The night view is amazing here. Oh Sehun carves a smile. Look at him being humble. He does look nice by candlelight, with those dark eyebrows, it’s killing me. I swear. 

“Our parents left the house for us then they went to New York, you know, for business. It’s only Suho hyung and me, and we barely sleep in our own bedroom.” He laughs, again. It’s beautiful. 

Oh Sehun has just finished telling me a funny story when it’s a Christmas Day, he bought two bubble tea for Baekhyun sunbae, and ended up buying more for everyone because they kept chasing each other just to have a sip of the drinks. 

“But why did you buy him a bubble tea, that was ridiculous! It’s your favorite, not his!” I dissolve into a puddle of laughter.

The girl who used to prefer to be alone, never friendly, only have a few friends, and would ignore anyone who would try to pick her, now laughing, and she's totally different from before. She will talk and smiles at Oh Sehun, and when she did, the dimples on the corner of her beautiful lips deepens. That smile eventually will light up her entire face. 

Looking at her smiling, laughing, Oh Sehun just wants to be with her more. 

“Because I knew that we would end up sharing.” He grins. I notice that how dark and soft his eyes are, and how beautifully shaped his mouth is, before I look away quickly. 

Now he’s back to silent, stares at the flickering flames. 

“Jagiya.. ” For some reason his voice tone makes me feel anxious. I gulp down my saliva, as I say, 


“Yes, Sehun?” 


“Do you mind, if I ask you – erm - ” 

“Ask what?” I try to be brave, and look into the piercing eyes of his. 


“About your step brother?”


I clench my small fists against my sides. I look out the clouds for a star to wish on, I wish Oh Sehun would never ask this question. Because I don't have the answer. 


I don't want to answer.  


Hello, my lovelies! Thank you for subscribing, commenting and reading Falling 2015 :) I'm so in love with you guys, for supporting me. Falling 2015 hits 400+ subbers today, and I would really appreciate if you guys can upvote FALLING 2015. And please leave your comments and thoughts bcs I would like to reply youu ! I love you guysss Thank you!!