The Season of Fall

Falling

Chapter 7: The Season of Fall

Waking up from bed, I tie my long hair into a messy bun. Then I walk to the kitchen and take out some ingredients to make kimchi fried rice. I sneak over the room to check if Cha Geun Sook is home, but he's not. It's been two days my brother left the house, and I have no idea why. I don't care. He's not here, that's better.

I want to prepare Oh Sehun his favorite lunch, as usual. Spending about two hours, I finally finished preparing rolls of kimbap, and kimchi fried rice. Arranging the food into a cute bentos, I place those in a tupperware made from glass. After cleaning the dishes, I wash up and put some pressed powder on my face, which was unusual for me. I try to imagine how happy will Oh Sehun be when he sees all the food that I cook for him, and by just imagining those, a wide smile cracks from my lips.

I walk to school gleefully. I sometimes jump, cannot contain the excitement. I keep the lunchbox close to my chest, looking for Oh Sehun. He usually waits for me at the front gate, and welcome me with his eye smile.

He is not there.

I move to the hallway and search for him at the locker room, but he's not there, not even his trace. I sit on the wooden bench next to the school garden, with the lunchbox on my lap. He must be late today. It's five to seven on Tuesday and I'm about to meet up with Oh Sehun. I'm so excited and nervous that I feel sick, and my fingers are shaking.

"Sehunnie!" I stand up, looking for Oh Sehun once I heard his giggles. I stagger backwards when I see Oh Sehun, walking next to a girl. She's not familiar to me, I never see her around the school. She's very perfectly put together, from her leather backpack, her flat shoes that look more expensive than my entire outfit. She looks completely self-contained.

"Remember when we went to the amusement park? You were crying like a baby back then,"

"No, I wasn't!"

"Yes you are!"

Oh Sehun walks past me, without looking anywhere else but at the girl next to him. I hide the lunchbox at my back, eyes on the grass. I slowly look up to see Oh Sehun is tickling the pretty girl, and they both laugh pleasantly. I don't have courage to call his name and I let him passing by me, just like that.

When I enter the classroom, I am in a blank state when I see the same girl who walks with Oh Sehun just now, sits on my seat. Right on the moment, Oh Sehun calls my name.

"Oh, jagiyaa! Come here! I want you to meet someone," He says, with his sparkling eyes. I nod my head, following his steps.

"Ah Young-ah, this is my princess. Y/N, this is Ah Young, my best friend from childhood." Oh Sehun explains, he takes my hand and shoves to the girl in front of me.

"So this is your jagi, Sehunnie. Hi, I'm Kim Ah Young, you can call me Yura. No one else calls me Ah Young except Sehunnie." She says, and then she brings closer to my ears and whispers, "He doesn't want to let them call me Ah Young, I don't know why." Then she laughs.

Yura gives a very good account of herself. She is attractive. She owns a pretty face, round eyes, and I envy her thick, bouncy hair. She also has a great figure from all her expensive sports I shall say, riding, and skiing, playing tennis.

"She's going to be here with us until the next summer. And we have no enough seat here for her...”

"I can sit here, it's okay." Kim Yura says, sitting on my chair, giving me a sly look. I wanted to say something but Kim Jongin cuts me off beforehand. "You don't mind right, Y/N? Just for two semesters."

I don't think these people will listen to me if I even say a word. I nod my head briefly, and walk out the classroom to get an extra chair and desk. Oh Sehun runs after me, and takes the chair for me instead. He is smiling to me, making my heart pounds as usual.

"Did you bring my lunchbox, jagi? I miss your kimbap by the way."

I don't answer. Instead, I walk to the classroom, leaving him at the back.

"Jagiya, I'm asking you."

I stop walking, inhaling a deep breathe. How can I resist him? His voice, his eyes, everything about him weakens me.

"I'll give it to you during lunch time." I say.

My lips carve a smile finally when I see Oh Sehun jumps, cannot contain his excitement. Does he pretending? I don’t think he is. Because his eye smile, it shows honesty.

*****

During lunch time, I walk to the cafeteria with two lunchboxes in my hands. When I reach there I see Kim Ah Young is sitting next to Oh Sehun, and again she takes my place. I bite my lips, part of me thinking if I should walk out the cafeteria and pretend as if I am not hungry at all, while other part of me pushes me to walk straight and sit in front of Oh Sehun. Shamelessly.

“Oh, jagiya! Come here! I’ve been waiting for you!” I look up and see Oh Sehun is waving to me, smiling. I have no choice but to keep walking and finally sit on the chair. Oh Sehun grabs one of the lunchbox and opens it.

“Wow,” I think he drops his jaw to see the kimchi fried rice inside there. I silently smile.

“It-it’s for you.”

“Really? You made this for me? Thank you, jagi!” Before he even scoops the rice, Kim Ah Young suddenly stops him and she makes a shriek sounds.

“Oh my god, what is this? Is this your lunch, Sehunnie?!” I don’t know why but I notice Kim Ah Young is trying to piss me off. “But you hate kimchi fried rice, you used to say it was smelly, oily and all stuff like that.”

“Eh, I-I did?”

“Yes you did! This is not good for you, Sehunnie. I’ll get something else for you. Something good, and HEALTHY of course. We never know if there’s a bacteria or whatsoever inside here.” She says, tossing the lunchbox into the garbage. My eyes are about to drop out from its cage when I see her rude act.

“Yah, Ah Young-ah what are you doing?! Why did you throw that away?” Oh Sehun says, trying to get the lunch box but I immediately stand up. Oh Sehun looks at me, but I glance my eyes away.

“No, it’s okay, Sehun-ah. Let me get that. It’s mine anyway.” I say in a small voice, walking to the garbage and take out the lunch box.

“Let’s eat something else, okay? It’s on me. We can have sausages, ham,”

“I’m not hungry. Excuse me.”

I walk out the cafeteria, my heart aches. I hold the lunchboxes close to my chests, eyes watering. I hope Oh Sehun comes after me, touches my shoulder, and shows his smile. But I guess he won’t.

“Sehunnie, the food is here. Come on!” I heard Kim Ah Young is calling for him, and his footsteps stop chasing me, just like that.

*****

I sit on the bench made from steel next to the basketball court, with heavy feeling. It is strange that I feel sad. I am used with the curse, and with people looking down at me, but nothing amounted to this. I strangely feel the shame when Kim Ah Young threw the lunch box away from Oh Sehun. And the fact that he didn’t come to me and say something to ease me, that is even hurt.

I open my lunch box and about to have a scoop of a kimchi fried rice when Oh Sehun appears next to me, and shoves the rice into his big mouth. He chews the food gracefully and shows his beautiful grins. I am stunned in my place.

“This is amazingly delicious, jagiya! Can I have some more?” I don’t answer him and blink once. What is he doing here?

“I thought you were eating with..”

“I ate a lot of sausages already, I don’t think I can have that for more.”

“But- “

“And how could I leave my jagi alone here? You are my future wife, and I am your future husband. We must always go anywhere together.”

“Is-is that a promise?” I gather my courage to ask the question. I can feel my face redden.

“Yes. It’s a promise.” He smiles. But then he suddenly stops grinning.

“Uh oh, you’re not denying the fact that we’re getting married in a few years jagi. Woo woo, uri jagi is improving. I likeeee that.”

Oh God.

“No-no, I was not.”

“Yes yes, you were.”

I instantly step on his left foot, and he groans.

“Just when will you stop kicking and stepping on me, jagi? I’m hurt.” He pretends to feel sick, and makes a sad face. I let out a giggle and he smiles.

He smiles to me. 


Thank you for reading, honey! Don't forget to leave comments and upvote!