Abandoned

Falling

Chapter 8: Abandoned

When I arrive, I am not surprise to see that Kim Ah Young is already install, and sitting next to Oh Sehun.

"Hi, Y/N." she says with a thin, quick smile.

"Hi, Yura. It's lovely to see you." I say, in equally fake smile.

It’s Thursday, and we are in the Science Laboratory doing some experiments and answering some quizzes. By the time we have a break before the final round, I have not been able to answer any single question. Kim Yura, on the other hand, had answered lot.

She sits back, looking smug, and yawn constantly.

“Sorry. Feeling a bit knock out today.” She takes a slug of Light Coke, and she is permanently attached to a can of the stuff. “I stayed up twenty hours straight, my mom needed me to be with her during our boutique grand opening, and you know my dad right, Sehunnie? His flight won’t depart if I wasn’t there beforehand.”

“Where did he go?” Kim Jongin asks.

“New York. Have some conferences there for a few weeks.” She answers.

I can see everyone’s mouth opens when listening to Yura’s wealthy lifestyle. I heard her father has a big amount of company shares in Oh Company Group, and her mother owns three boutiques here in Seoul, and the main branch is in Gangnam. I somehow wondering why she didn’t attend the elite school there, instead she would come here, following Oh Sehun around.

“Sometimes I wish I could be like you, Y/N. Just go anywhere you want, and not have to think about who’s waiting at home – it must be amazing.”

I open my mouth to retaliate, but Oh Sehun, he always tries to keep the peace, interrupts before me.

“Ah Young, that is not something nice to say.” Yura pouts for a second then she’s back with her laughter.

“You know,” She says,

“I’m dreading to see Sehunnie’s parents coming over. I just know that when we were kids, after tea they would always trying to drag us for dinner somewhere in Disneyland, and drinks, played some games.. it would take us more than 24 hours to stop having fun.” She glances to Oh Sehun, hands on his laps.

I cannot believe that she is rubbing my nose in it like this. I take a deep breath in an effort not to throttle her.

“That was nice.” I say in a small voice.

“When will abeoji and eomoeni come back to Korea? I have to see them when they come over. Maybe a dinner with mom and dad will do. What do you think, Sehunnie?”

I glance away from Kim Yura and Oh Sehun. I cannot bear the sight that she purposely shows to me.

“Not sure. Oemma did call saying that she’ll be back within a month. Oh, I did tell Oemma about you, jagiya. Let’s meet her once she’s here, okay?” Oh Sehun turns his body towards me and shows his beautiful teeth. Before I open my mouth to answer, Kim Yura snaps and changes the topic.

“Oh, the quiz is going to start now. Stop talking, everyone.”

*****

“Young Lady.”

Kim Yura receives a big envelope contains a few photos and a piece of paper.

“Appa has no idea about this, right Driver Choi?” The middle-aged man in front of her nods his head. Kim Yura let out a short sigh and takes a look at the paper.

“Mother ran away from home. Step brother involves in drug cases and loan shark. Father died.. “ Yura stops reading for a while before she gives a sly look.

“In a prison. Death sentence. For killing.”

*****

This locker belongs to a murderers daughter.

My stomach drops.

This book belongs to a murderers daughter.

My hands are shaking when I turn the first page of the book.

This pencil box belongs to a monster.

The disappointment stings. Who would joke about that? Why would someone joke about that? It’s really not funny. I could understand if it was horrifying, but it is not amusing. It really isn’t. I look around at everyone in the hallway, suspicion glinting in my eyes.

Who was it? Who wrote this?

“Who did this?” I address the students at large, my voice is shaky but strident. A few students are talking to each other and look at me like I’m mental. None of them answer. Then I see Kim Yura, she’s leaning on her locker.

I meet her brown eyes. Who are you? What do you want? But she only gives me the strange smirk. I immediately rip the paper before Oh Sehun comes closer to me, saying hi.

“What was that, jagi? Is it a love letter for me?”

“Ah, no-nothing.”

“Are you okay?”

“I-I’m okay, of course.”

“Then let’s go. We need to prepare for the Physical Education class.” I nod my head, saying that I will follow him later. Oh Sehun walks into the classroom and singing along the way. Once Oh Sehun disappears from my sight, Kim Yura walks towards me.

“You hide a lot, don’t you?” Kim Yura looks at me, linking her arms arrogantly.

“So it was you.” I say, trying to hold back and be calm.

“You should know where to level yourself, Y/N. You are not a princess.” She says abruptly. “You’re just.. a murderer’s daughter.” She whispers.

“You have no right to do this to me, Kim Yura.”

“Mirror yourself. Do you think Oh Sehun will consider having a relationship with a murderer’s daughter?” Her words splinter inside me causing more pain than a slap. My shaking body is in grief, and my head full with questions of where, and how did she know about my father.

“Between you, and Oh Sehun, it is not love, Y/N. That is sympathy.  The feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune. Have you heard about that?”

Kim Yura leaves me wordless. I just stand there as still as a statue while the magnitude of mine loss sweep over me. The last conversation haunts me, taunts me, replaying like an echo. I inhale a deep breath before step into the classroom to see Kim Yura is laughing and showing her innocent look. Everyone likes her. Everyone adores her. Everyone wants to be like her.

There seems to be two sides to Kim Yura. The side only her cronies know, the one who innocently smiles and laughs, and the one I need to experience.

The side that takes pride in mocking and taunting.

*****

Oh Sehun just comes back from the restroom when he sees some of his classmates form a big circle and whispering. That looks interesting. He pokes Jongin's shoulder once, making that guy with a brown hair frowns. Realizing that it is Oh Sehun next to him, Jongin immediately hides the phone and pretends like he's doing nothing.

"What was that?"

"No-nothing." Jongin says, a bit hesistant.

"Did you watch some s?"

"Yah, you ert! I didn't!"

"Then," He grabs the phone from Jongin forcefully. "Why are you acting like you did?" Oh Sehun scrolls the phone screen, and zooming in the photos. His eyes train on the information stated in the photo, then he turns to Jongin, asking for an explanation.

"Where did you get this, Jongin?"

Darn it. Jongin curses. He rubs his neck nervously.

"Jongin, I'm asking you."

"I-I don't know. I got it from Jaebom, he said someone sent it to his SNS, then he passed it to.. "

"Jongin," Oh Sehun's voice is getting serious.

"I think everyone in this class received the photo already, by now."

I take a piece of tissue paper from my pocket and wipe my nose. I am about to enter the classroom when Oh Sehun suddenly comes to me and drags me to the hall. I am in shock and my feet are trying to catch his fast speed.

“Yah, Oh Sehun! What’s the matter? We need to go back to the classroom now, it’s Literature class. I don’t want to mess with Mr. Kang.” I say, and stop walking once we reach in the hall.

“I don’t feel like learning Literature right now. Can we skip class? Just for today.” He asks me, more like begging me to follow his idea from hell. He releases his grab from my hand, and gets the basketball from the corner of the hall. When he starts to dribble, I take a seat outside the court and watch him shooting the ball.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight..

When he’s about to shoot the tenth, I immediately touch his arm, forcing him to stop. I can see his face starts to sweat, and I wipe them using my handkerchief. Oh Sehun’s eyes are on the floor, he’s not looking at me like he used to do before. I notice his expression, worrying, scared, anxious.

And curiosity.

“Wae gu re? Hmm? You look unwell.” I say, eyes fix on his white skin.

“Don’t worry.” He says, assures me. His voice sounds sort of shaky.

Oh Sehun tries to avoid meeting my eyes, but I don’t know where I get the courage to place both hands on his cheeks, and move a step closer.

“Sehun-ah.. “

“We need to stick together, sunshine.” He holds up my hand, bringing my fingers to his lips. I am stunned as our eyes meet.

“I trust you. I don’t care about anything else but you.”

“Sehun-ah, wae gu re?” I ask, because he doesn’t look like he is in his right mind.

“There isn’t a thing I wouldn’t do to keep you safe. Don’t ever think you have to ask for my affection because you don’t have to.” I feel my face flush warm by his confession. He’s being strangely weird today.

“Have I ever told you I love you?” He says, catching up to me. I slowly shake my head.  

“I love you.”

Do I deserve this? Who I am to receive this? Who are you exactly? What do you want?

I watch his eyes flashing, searching for honesty. Are you sincere?

Do you think Oh Sehun will consider having a relationship with a murderers daughter like you?

A chill runs to my spine, as the words by words echoed in my head. 


Aww Oh Sehun you sweetie pie. Don't forget to Subscribe. Comment. Vote. Thanks everyone!