Amusement park

My sweet nerd

Warning this may be a really boring read but continue at your own risk

Today I made sure to pack everything i needed for today's trip. First i packed water and some munchies, a word book in case i don't feel like going on the ride, money, my homework to check my spelling before going to school, and i even packed a plastic bag in case i puke after going on one of those rides. I grabbed my mini book and checked out the things i got and i noticed there was something missing. the first aid kit don't need anyone getting hurt. After i took a deep sigh, looked at the ticket i wrapped the bag on my back and i came out of my room. 

In front of the main entrance waiting for me was Mr. jung and Ilhoon. Mr.jung was smiling like a little kid getting his christmas present while fixing his son's hair. "Good morning!" he said joyfully. "good morning" i said back and i noticed Ilhoon was ignoring both of us by playing with his phone and smacking gum. "Sungjae sunny boy you have a good day ahead of you!" mr.jung said once again fixing Ilhoon's hair. "yes sir um, are you sure you don't want to go?" i said aiming the ticket at him."OH! no no no i'm far too old for that" he said pushing the ticket back at me. "Don't say that sir you are young enough for a ride" I tried to convince him but he said "thank you for the compliment but i'm sure it's much more better going with my son" he said pushing me closer to Ilhoon. "perfect" he said before waving us off. The reason why i wasn't to happy to go was because i wanted to get away from Ilhoon. our night together was too embarrassing and awkward.

"I'll leave you to it then. son behave good and protect sungjae, hold his hand if you have to hahahaha" Mr.jung said making both of us uncomfortable. sometimes i think he's doing this on purpose. Once outside, as i expected it was silent and i thought it was going to be like this the whole trip but when i sat in the car Ilhoon kept having small talk with me. Asking questions like "What's your favorite color?" "What do you like to eat?" "What do you watch?" "what do you like to do?" When i answer them he stays silent then he gulps and ask the next question. He doesn't say anything about my answer nor does he create a conversation with it, almost like getting to know me better. Or maybe the answers i gave are so lame that no conversation can be created! He asked me what i like to do and i said homework of course he's gonna think i'm lame! Sometimes when we wait for the lights to go green i noticed he turns his head to look at me, and when i turn my head to look at him he quickly moves his head back and coughs. i also see that every time he says  something he stutters and his face is kinda red but i think it's the sun's rays making him hot. 

"We're here" he says and i open my eyes, looking out the window and see this huge amusement park right in front of me and i stare in amazement with my mouth open at this big and long ride. I don't know if i'm excited or feel like throwing up imagining myself in one of those.  "you gonna get out?"  he asks and i nod but i still don't move. "well?" he says again and i get out of the car stuttering. when he stepped out of his car he looked like a total different person, he turned back to himself again. He didn't wait for me to get my bag before he walked all the way to the center making me run in order to catch up. "Why'd you bring that bag with you anyway? this is an amusement park not school" he said kind of rudely. i didn't answer because i knew he would make fun of me calling me nerd and stuff. 

When i told him i needed to go to the bathroom he his tongue and told me to hurry up, that he'd wait for me but when i came out he wasn't there. i waited for him to see if he'd gone to the bathroom himself. after 29 minutes later i turned around to see he was smiling and talking to a cute girl and he had a giant pink stuffed cat around his arm. I saw that he glanced at me for a second but continued to walk with the girl. She ran right past me and he followed her even brushing his arm against  mine. I knew that i probably shouldn't bother him. he'll get mad for ruining his date so i just it in and walked alone. On the bright side i don't have to spend my day next to Ilhoon who would just be quiet. My feet carried me to an unknown spinning ride. i needed some kind of  inspiration in order to go on that ride. if only i had someone besides me, like minhyuk hyung or even mir but no one was with me so i didn't feel like getting on. there was a bench near this ride and i sat in it watching all the people passing by. Families, couples, and some school friends we're all together enjoying what they had here, there was not a single person alone like me. i looked at the spinning ride as it was making me dizzy, yeah i really don't want to go in this ride. i reached in my bag and brought the word book out and i started to play. People we're looking at me weird so i stopped. i think that i need to man up! i want to prove i can go on that ride without having someone hold my hand.  Slowly and stuttering i walked towards the ride and i waited in line like everyone else. The line got shorter and i started to worry i wanted to go back real bad but i couldn't. My heart beated in all different places and i was terribly scared, I felt sweat drips running down my forehead and palm and i wiped it away.

I was up next and i felt a lot of different things at once. I felt excited, scared, embarrassed, nervous, and a little like throwing up. but i didn't go back, not know, i let the man lead me inside the spinner. i found an empty spot and i took it. i guess i have to lay back, lock the chain so i don't fly out. i was really scared because nothing was gonna hold me i had to hold on something but i saw kids and i knew i had to stay. so i lay back and tried to relax. Suddenly as we waited, the conductor spoke in the microphone. "THE RIDE IS READY TO START IN 3...2...1!" the ride slowly started moving, spinning us around on a slow pace. i was still worried because i knew it's not long before it moves faster. And just like that the ride went faster making everything blurry to see. My heart was beating at its pace. i couldn't move, my body was tightly stuck on the metal. call it gravity or something. screaming and laughter reached my ears as the ride continued and i was no longer scared. i was actually enjoying this ride it wasn't as bad as i thought it was. "GIMMIE A SHOUT OUT IF YA'LL WANT TO GO HIGHER!" the conductor said and everyone including me screamed in response. the machine got raised higher and the sun got closer to me, the ground became further back. lot's of people were screaming but i was just smiling and enjoying the breeze. when the ride was over i thought i was brave enough to go on any ride. 

I stopped on this ride that was decorated as a huge boat! It just swings back and forth again and again. I'd thought it may be an easy ride to take since it only swings but when i got in line and sat down i noticed that nothing was gonna hold me like a belt or something only a pole that was not close enough for me to grab on tight and feel safe. I felt unsafe and i rushed to get off but a young guy around my age was in my way. "Excuse me, i'd like to get off so if you could move aside please" i said to him giving a kind smile. 

"Why would you do that? this is an awesome ride you should stay"

"no um- i really wanna get off" 

"are you sick or something?"

"N-No"

"is someone waiting for you? is there an emergency?"

"No"

"Then i'm not gonna move and you are gonna stay"

"fine i'm sick!"

"i'm not an idiot"

"look sir i really need to get off!"

"don't sir me! i'm not old! call me Jackson." I notice the conductor was almost ready to move the machine and i needed to hurry with this jackson guy. 

"Please Jackson let me out!!!" 

He nodded his head no. "hmph" he said shrugging his shoulders. i sat back down feeling hopeless and scared or trapped like if everything was coming to an end. this feeling it'll end in 1 or 2 minutes right? hope so. Suddenly i felt a warm hand on mine. "tell you what, i won't let you off but i'll keep you safe." he said smiling at me. "thanks for being-uh - being kind but i prefer to get off." he led out a sigh and looked at the top of the boat. "it's gonna be alright. you're going to be just fine." he assured me and i felt a little okay..or was i panicking even more? "My dad always told me to face my fears. i always shrug it off because i thought that advice wouldn't work at all. he also told me that it was not fun doing it alone so always have a partner to encourage you. i was afraid of this ride just like you, when it swung i closed my eyes and i hugged dad's arm. i felt like i was going to fly out. i never wanted to take this machine again but dad forced me to go 4 times. and in those 4 times my fear gone away. so let me help you out" he smiled at me again. "I know this is a bit weird and awkward since i'm a stranger but do you mind leaning your head on my shoulder and holding my arm?"

I stuttered a bit and looked at the other people. they are going to think that it's weird. "we're going to start" the conductor said. "hurry up! forget about them!" jackson urged me and when i heard a beep i quickly grabbed his arm and placed my head on his shoulder, he also grabbed me by the waist. The machine started moving and i only counted on him to keep me safe, i was still scared but he said encouraging sentences like "Don't worry we're going to be alright"  "you'll make it! you're brave enough"  "don't be scared and feel the breeze"  "we're almost done, don't worry" then he started laughing and i opened my eyes to see him. he was very good looking.

I reached the ground feeling a little proud of myself. "Thank you so much Jackson"

"Nah it was a pleasure but promise me something." 

"y-yeah sure"

" promise me that when you come by again you make sure that you go by on that ride again" 

"sure i will"

"okay kid i hope to see you again sometime"

"mee too"

While he walked off i had a feeling that i didn't want him to leave yet, then he turned around giving me a little hope. "you know i never did get your name" he yelled. "OH it's Sungjae! yook sungjae" i waved at him. he smiled and nodded turning to leave. I told myself over and over again to face my fears just like he told me. i had enough courage to go to any ride. 

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

After taking a few more rides and being scared beyond less it had started to get darker and i hadn't ate anything yet so i walked into some stores to buy food. I already had snacks on my bag so i didn't need to buy deserts but this cupcake looks really good i just had to buy it. i also bought ilhoon some chocolate chips cookies in case he was hungry later, it was almost time to leave and i wonder if he ate, if  he was having a great time with his new partner, if he's safe or lost, if he's mad because he couldn't win another stuff toy, or if he left me here to go to that girl's house instead. as i was thinking i realized that we don't have each other's number! This is a huge park it'll take forever  to find each other! and what if he gives up trying to find me and thinks i went home? should i go home and   wait for him? or should i stay in one spot until he finds me? i guess those question will get resolved until the time comes.  I walked around looking at the things they had like hat's, candy, ice cream, toys, capes, toys. i noticed a cute,stuffed, chibi , red, toy fox with a frown and i instantly thought of ilhoon. it reminded me of him because he was a little grumpy. I also noticed a cute rilakkuma bear for Ilhoon, a hello kitty pair for my parents, a cute, red, stuffed, squirrel with big green eyes for minhyuk hyung , a bunny for mir, cat for yongguk, and even bear for that soohyun guy, And a japanese temple cat for mr.jung. It had a yellow bell around it's neck that dinged when i moved it. "Excuse me sir i'd like to buy all of these please" I told an old man sitting on a corner my guess was waiting for customers.

"Wow all that? i guess you like stuffed animals ALOT" he said giving me a welcoming warm smile.

"Yes i like them ALOT but only one is for me." i said eyeing the fox that reminds me of Ilhoon. 

"oh so these are gifts" he said wrapping them in a bag

"uh huh" i nodded.

"Tell you what, i'll give you another stuff toy for free since you are very kind"

"really? thank you but i don't think i have done anything."

"i can tell you are kind from the heart" 

"thank you sir" i said paying for the other toys. he then came back with a toy little cow that was just as equal as the other's cuteness. "thank you" i said again smiling as friendly as possible to show that i'm truly grateful. i continued to walk looking at the other stores, not really buying anything. then i walked up to an interesting place and even though it might be fake i just had to try my very first fortune telling because it might be fun. when i walked into the store that looked like a tent. it was dark and gloomy but kind of comfortable, in the center there was a lady sitting down the table. "welcome" she said and i nodded. "please sit down boy. i was expecting you." she said and i sat down. of course i didn't believe what she said and i won't believe what ever she's going to say now.

"yook Sungjae" she said and i bounced up my chair shocked.

"h-how you-"

"please sit down. i told you i was expecting you. so now sungjae you want to know your future right? tell me, what would you like me to tell you?"

"uh where to start, i guess wealth?"

"wealth. you are going to be very healthy and very rich."

"what about a girl? will i meet the one?"

"you have met the one for you" she said and i started to think. i didn't really know much girls. 

"more details please"

"could be living with you" i started to think and i know mr.jung doesn't have a daughter.

"nice try but there are no females living in my house"

"i didn't say it was a girl, now did i?" i started getting really confused. what did she mean by that?

"more details please" 

"you are very close with the one and your bond will grow and grow until it cannot be stopped 

"more details?"

The woman laughed. "the one is always close." she said, i wanted to ask for more but she quickly said that she already spoke 'too much' when really i needed her to make it clear. what's up with fortune tellers anyway? they always like to be mysterious or suspicious? 

~*~**~*~*~*~*~**

Later on i looked up at the sky full of stars. i sat on the bench eating the snacks i brought hoping that ilhoon would come and find me. Because it was night it was really chilly and cold. it was my fault for forgetting to at least bring a sweater. I've been waiting here so long i was freezing and shaking violently.  some stores we're getting ready to close while others were already closed. "please Ilhoon please come quickly! i'm cold" I reached down my shopping bag and grabbed the fox. "please ilhoon." i said to it. the fox was shaking lightly in my grip. i figured if the fox reminded me of ilhoon then why don't i name him ilhoon? "alright i'll name you ilhoon fox . " i said imagining the fox liked it."sometimes i'll call you Ill okay?" I pulled the fox close to my chest hugging it trying to consume some warmth and waiting in this cold dark night. "Ilhoon" 

~~~~~~xX IlHOON's VERSION Xx~~~~~

"Son i want you to look good in front of my sungjae okay? so fix your hair! it looks messy!" my dad said. 

"why do i need to look good for sungjae?"

"because he's going to be my son in law"

"with what daughter of yours?"

"you of course my perfect daughter! hahahahahaha"

"pfft. leave me alone dad!" 

My dad was overly excited and it was getting annoying. he's like a fan girl looking her idol take his shirt off. he was trying to fix my hair so i could look good for that goof. "good morning!" my dad said "good morning" the nerd replied. they were talking for about a minute but i couldn't hear because i was too focused on the  my phone. i drove to the park  while having really awkward conversations with sungjae. i mean i couldn't stop thinking about our night together and whenever i look at him i start to feel weird things i just can't stand it! my face gets hot, i get nervous, my heart pounds. i really need to see a doctor. I had to get myself together so when we got to the amusement park i made sure to keep some distance until i figure out what's wrong with me and if it's sungjae that causes it. 

Waiting for sungjae can be a waste of time! i could wait a couple of more seconds and if he doesn't come out i'll leave that's what i thought until i saw her. a very pretty girl, she was almost leaving so i had to leave sungjae. i presented myself to her she presented herself to me, i promised to be her date for a while i won her a stuffed toy cat. after that walk i noticed that sungjae was waiting for me. he also saw me but i didn't acknowledge the fact he was there, she ran right by him and we brushed shoulders. i knew that he would turn around and call my name and that i was really screwed but when i turned around to glance at him he just stood there for a second and walked alone with his shoulders sagging. "come on!" she said grabbing my arm and urging me to move. as i walked with her i felt an awful amount of guilt it was making me feel uncomfortable being with her, like if i'm doing something wrong. Am i?  is it wrong for me to spend some time with her and leave him alone? suddenly my father's words ringed my head. "son behave good and protect sungjae hold his hand if you have to hahahahah"   But dad sungjae is already old enough to take care of himself in this kind of environment! but i also remembered that this was his first time going to an amusement park

"are you alright?" she asked and i my tongue but i nodded. i got on rides with her and i won a lot of stuffed toys for her but on the inside  there's a feeling of sadness, emptiness, and guilt. i had thought that i didn't want to be with her anymore so i switched girls to see if i was bored of them but i still felt weird like lonely. i started to think of sungjae and when we slept together that day, asking questions to myself like was he okay? was he feeling sad? is he having fun? it distracted me from knowing with whom and where i was going, not even the roller coasters distracted me from thinking about him. 

It was getting late and i gave those girls a break and i started searching for sungjae. This park was huge so of course i wouldn't find him that easily. i ran around in search of a guy with black hair, a black book bag, and with a plain baby blue shirt. sungjae was still nowhere found so i searched by details. i searched the inside stores, the bathrooms, the stores outside, food places, the arcade, the benches, i even peeked inside the rides to see if he was there but still no sungjae. i started getting desperate and i was scared for him. what if he got kidnapped? or hurt? sometimes when i get tired i sit on the bench watching to see if he luckily passes by. the sky was getting darker by the minute and i needed to find him quick! i looked once more and walked all the way to my car and drove off. i recorded in my mind that sungjae must be sad and mad that i left him alone and that he went home.  during the ride i felt really cold it was freezing outside for some reason. when i reached the house i knocked on the door and it opened revealing my jolly father. "you're home already? how was your day?" "uh fine  i guess" i said walking inside  to see if sungjae was there. "wow it's freezing out there! i'd better close the door." "yeah i know, i was inside the car but still felt cold." "Ilhoonie~ where's sungjae?"

"He didn't come yet?"

"what? no ilhoonie! what did you do to my sungjae!? you're in a lot of-"

I didn't bother to listen to what else he had to say. i had to search for sungjae! he is out in the cold. i got on the car and i drove off with a fast pace. i reached the amusement park  and walked in front of the gate. "sorry sir we're almost closing you can't come at this time, please come another day" the guard said. "i know it's closing i was here earlier. but please help me my friend is in there and i need to find him." the guard stood stiff as in deciding whether or not to let me in. "alright" he said opening the gate. "but be quick" " thank you" i said hurrying about with a sweater around my arm. once again i ran in search for him without people getting the way. i ran nonstop for 15 minutes until i saw a figure sitting on a bench. he was freezing i saw it all the way from here, he had the book bag and a shopping bag on the floor grasping an orange fox. calmly i walked towards him putting the sweater around him. he looked up at me with tired eyes. " i knew you'd come" he said weakly and i felt more guilt. i sat besides him and hugged him making him feel warmth. i rubbed my hand on his hand trying to make it warm. "i'm sorry i left you alone, i really am" i said. "there's still some time left  let's go on one more ride." i told him urging him to stand up. i grabbed his bags and i walked him over to the slow spinning wheel that takes us to the sky. sungjae was scared of heights so i told him i'd hold him. on the ride he leaned over and slept on my shoulder making my heart skip to a beat. i gulped and i felt my hands were sweaty, i looked down and i saw the way his long black hair dropped on his forehead, the line of his nose, and finally his lips. i leaned my head down slowly and carefully to kiss him. a million thoughts came into my head as i asked myself many times 'what am i doing' and i told myself 'stop' but my body wouldn't let me. slowly and softly i placed a peck on his lips. i quickly moved my head back when i felt his nose wrinkle. my heart skipping and skipping. what have i done? i asked myself as the ride stopped. 

Why couldn't i stop myself? why was i so nervous? and why did my heart hurt? 

"sungjae wake up the ride is over" he opened one of his eyes tiredly and hummed. i put one arm around him and lead him to my car. he slept peacefully as i drove home.

~~~~~AUTHOR-NIM~~~~~

Lord cheesecake do you know how many days it took to write this? FINALLY this is the longest chapter i wrote in my life. i am relieved that i finished! i am tired and school started so now it might be slower i'm so sorry! but don't worry i will post every time i can (sigh) now here are the obvious and easy questions

1) hi i'm cookie how are you?

2) vote if you think ilhoonie is getting the feels~~~(not really a question is it?)< now it became a question because i'm asking something ^^

3) will someone help me with mir and yongguk? we need mir with soohyun and yongguk needs to stop being so ual with minhyuk XD LOL no worry author-nim got this covered. but seriously let me see your bright creative minds~

Told you it was going to be a boring read