Weird feeling

My sweet nerd

Sungjae awoke the next morning tired and weak with bags under his eyes. His alarm clock blasted with noise until he hit the big large white bottom on top of the clock. He got up yawning and scratching his eyes sleepily as he drags himself to the bathroom. He turned the hot shower on and went inside trying to wash as quickly as possible so that he won't be late to class. When he came out his hair is dripping with water and he washed his teeth. He puts on his uniform and smiles brightly as his reflection in the mirror and fix his tie to look more....neat. He comes out of his room and almost bumps into a stranger. 

" Who are you?" Sungjae looks terrified at the stranger in front of him. He looks more closely at him and notices that the 'stranger' is wearing the same uniform as him. He recalls last night seeing the boy with Ilhoon and he frowns. 

" Good morning! You must be Ilhoon's friend Yook Sungjae, Ilhoon told me about you." The boy in front of him smiles brightly, meanwhile Sungjae feels another fit of reddening face, once again embarrassed that someone else knows about his poverty. " I'm Shin peniel nice to meet you." He said offering his hand out to Sungjae. 

Sungjae didn't want to shake hands for some reason. He doesn't like him and he doesn't know why. But he knew it would be rude and impolite to not accept. But before Sungjae could reach and shake peniel's hand, peniel takes it back feeling offended. 

" S-sorry about that i'm still kinda sleepy." Sungjae says quickly trying not to make the other feel bad. 

" No it's fine I understand." Shin said but he did not offer his hand again. " Let's go eat breakfast." Peniel said already walking towards the kitchen comfortably. 

" Who the hell is this person?" Whispered Sungjae to himself following behind. He enters the kitchen to see Mr.Jung and his parents, he saw Ilhoon, and minhyuk sitting at the table. Sungjae was about to take a seat besides Ilhoon but Peniel beat him to it, so he sits awkwardly next to Minhyuk instead. Sungjae see's how Peniel and Ilhoon are having a chat with each other. How Ilhoon listens to whatever Peniel was saying with a smile and nodding his head time to time. It made Sungjae feel weird somehow and he didn't like this feeling but he didn't know how to stop it. " Minhyuk what are you doing?" Sungjae ask Minhyuk since he didn't have no one else to talk to but Minhyuk also seemed busy with his phone. " uh....uh texting someone" Responded Minhyuk not taking his gaze off his phone. 

<><><>xX Sungjae pov

I sigh not knowing what else to do. Ilhoon had this Peniel person, Minhyuk found his phone more interesting than me,so I sit here pouting waiting for the adults to fix breakfast. Now I wanted Jackson or Mir to keep me company but sadly they don't live in this house the way Minhyuk or Peniel does. 

" Paaaaancake is ready!" Mr.Jung smiled joyfully as usual. It made Me smile. " One for you, one for you, another for you." Mr.Jung counted as he placed a plate of pancakes on everyone's table. When Mr.Jung came to Peniel he gave him a pinch on the cheek after giving him pancakes which also made me frown. ' What's wrong with me?' I thought to myself. I look at Peniel and I wanted him gone....

" Oh! Sungjae. Did Ilhoon introduced you to peniel?" Mr.Jung ask me. 

" Um...." I try to respond but there was this lump on my throat and I couldn't find the words that I wanted to say. Everyone including my parents were waiting for my response but that only made me feel more nervous. 

" Um..We greeted each other in the hallway." Peniel answers for me awkwardly. 

" Oh okay!" Mr.Jung says with an eye smile. " This boy right here was a member of....of- what's that stupid thing that you guys call yourselves?" 

" Pretty dangerous." Ilhoon responded annoyed. 

" Yeah yeah- pretty dangerous and he and Ilhoon were very close but the he left to Chicago to visit his family, right Peniel?" Mr.Jung speaks fondly of him.

" Yes." He answered with a smile. I forced a smile as Mr.Jung told me stories of Ilhoon and Peniel being really close. How they shared their secrets' the way they acted, the things they've done and by this point I wasn't feeling too good. 

" Are you okay Sungjae?" Mr.Jung stopped story telling to ask me that. 

" Me? I'm fine, maybe I ate something bad last night." I respond with another forced smile. I notice Ilhoon look at me with concern making me feel uncomfortable. I don't want him to see right through me. " Um, I need to go." I say already getting up from the table and leaving towards the exit of the kitchen. 

" Aren't you gonna finish your breakfast?" I heard my dad say and I nod my head 'no'. 

" I'm not hungry right now." I respond. 

" Wait. I'm coming with you too." I heard Minhyuk call after me so I stop and wait for him. We walk besides each other and we both hum to a song that we used to listen a lot. We take the bus to school this time. I am staring at my feet when I suddenly felt Minhyuk's hand on my head and he places his head on my shoulders. 

"Mmm~ Sungjae i'm sorry." I hear him say. 

" For what?" 

" For not paying attention to you lately . You look upset." He responds hugging me now. 

" It's okay Hyung. Even I have not been watching myself...." I respond laying my head on top of his. " But what have you been doing Hyung, that you have left me?" I ask and I can feel him stiffened. We stay quiet letting the bus take us to our destination. 

" I have been....running around in love and conflict." He admits. an I raise my head to sit up. 

" Hyung you have been dating?" I respond and he nods his head. He removes his head from my shoulders pouting a bit sadly. 

" I did not plan to tell you until I thought we were...serious and official. 

" Are you official!" I almost yell at him excitedly. I grab both of his hands as he stares at me in amusement. 

"Y-yes." He responds shyly and smiling with his teeth. 

" Who is it hyung? who is it?!" I ask very curious now. Minhyuk frowns and then gulps. 

" Y-yongguk." He answers bringing the frown In me. I let go of his hands and turn around to stare in space. I was not against it, But I am very surprised! yongguk Hyung?! with Minhyuk hyung?! I must admit I did not see that coming. 

" Uh..Hyung congratulations." I say with a smile and he nods his head happily. The relief appearing in his face expression. 

" I plan to meet him early today at school." Minhyuk says. 

" (Gasp) No wonder you wanted to come along with me. I knew I found it weird that you wanted to come to school early. After all you always come late to each class!" I say with a know it all smile as the bus comes to a stop. 

" Y-yea so?" Minhyuk blushes as we get off the bus. 

" So you guys are planning to smooch?" I smirk at him. 

" N-noo~ W-we don't a-always do that." He responded with another blush. 

" So you guys already kissed!!!" I almost yelled again. But his face only became red and he stutters to answer my next question. 

"BAE!!MAID!!!" I hear a familiar low voice and my grin deepens. 

"Stop it Sungjae! you are embarrassing me!" Minhyuk elbows me and walks off ahead to his boyfriend. I see as they hug each other happily and then Yongguk turns to me to greet me with a hand shake. 

"SUP maid." He says. 

" H-hey." I said awkwardly my face turning back to normal. 

"Where's Ilhoon?" Yongguk asks looking around for him. " Doesn't he usually drive you to school?" Yongguk ask making me frown further more. Honestly I really don't know why I feel the need to avoid Ilhoon and the boy from earlier. 

" Umm there was a change of plan." I answered looking down at the floor as yongguk holds Minhyuk tightly to his body. 

" What happened?" 

" There is a guest....His name is Shin Peniel"

" SHIN PENIEL?!! you mean shin Peniel is back?" yongguk says surprise startling not only me but also Minhyuk who was right next to him. I nod my head and yongguk let's go of Minhyuk. " I need to see him for real? Be right back Baby. Bye maid." He says running towards his car and driving off leaving both me and Minhyuk unamused and frowning. 

" Well looks like i've been dumped." said Minhyuk sadly. ' What was so great about Shin Peniel anyway?!' I found myself thinking. I was scared of what I was feeling! This is not me!

"Sungjae?" 

"Sungjae?"

"Mmn? what?"

" Are you okay?" 

" Yes why?" 

"You don't seem like yourself. Are you sick?" 

" No Hyung i'm fine. Let's go to class now." I say and drag Minhyuk along before he runs off to somewhere. 

~*~*~~~*~*~**xX Peniel

" Ilhoon. I wanna join you guys again to the group." I say so that Ilhoon can hear me. He'd been staring at nothing ever since Sungjae left. 

"Really? I don't mind if you do." Ilhoon said smiling at me. We walk in silence again towards the car. I've never seen Ilhoon like this, maybe things have changed in two years. I poke him playfully repeatedly making him laugh out loud. 

"Hyung stop!" He says in between laughers. 

"Whaaaat? I'm just playing around." I defend myself. We sit on the car, Ilhoon on the steering wheel but he doesn't start the engine, he just sits there thinking.

" Ilhoon you gonna drive or not?" 

" Hyung I got to tell you something." Ilhoon says in a serious tone. " Look." He says and he takes my hand placing it in his chest where his heart lays beneath. 

"W-what is it?" I ask confused. 

" Listen...." He says and squints his eyes. I felt it now, his beating heart. 

" I have a like someone...." He starts. We stay in silence and I take my hand back. I didn't know how to respond, I don't know if it is good news for him or not, considering the past. 

" It's a good thing right?" I ask and he nods his head but hesitantly. 

" Well who is it? Is it someone I know?"

He nods his head. And I smile. 

" Sungjae?" I ask and he looks up at me in shock. 

"H-how? did-" 

" I could tell." I interrupt him. ' mm interesting' I thought in my head when Ilhoon says something else. 

" I wanted your advice because I don't know how to deal with him at the moment." Ilhoon says and an idea hit my head. I also noticed how Sungjae got around me and how he thought me and Ilhoon were dating so....oh! now I get it! he likes Ilhoon too. 

" Alright I'll help you." I said to him and his face brightened. " But you have to follow my lead and my orders! no questions asked!"

" Thank you hyung! you were always the best." Ilhoon said starting up the engine.

" So tell me how are the others? mir,soohyun, and yongguk?" 

" Yongguk and soohyun are alright." 

"And mir?"

"We had an argument." 

"What? why?" 

" I don't know Hyung. He suddenly came and yelled at me in my own house." 

"But why?"

"I don't know.....but I think he might like Sungjae as well." 

"(Gasp) Omo not a triangle! This is hard now! Both of you are my best friends.......but i'll help you Ilhoon. since you asked me first and it's more rare for you to find love. " 

" HEY! SHIN PENIEL!!!!" I heard a scream and someone hit the window from the side if the car that I have been sitting at. 

"What the hell is the matter with you!?" I yelled unconsciously obviously scared. " (gasp) yongguk Hyung~" I said smiling and coming out of the car. I give him a big bear hug and he hugs me just as strong. 

" I have missed you peniel, why did you leave!" 

" I had to go see my parents yongguk and you know it!" 

"Guys it's time to go to school! yongguk get back to your car, Peniel Hyung come with me, we'll talk later." I heard Ilhoon yell and I obeyed agreeing. I was always good in school so I did not want to be late. 

"Yah! Ilhoon. you knew Peniel came and never told us?" 

" What can I say? I wanted to surprise you guys. Who told you that Peniel was here?" 

" Your crush did." Yongguk answers Ilhoon. ' so now even yongguk knew' I thought to myself as I saw my two friends blabbing at each other. At first it was amusing but now we must be getting late to school. 

" Okay okay guys! end the blabbering it's time to go." I say and yongguk smiles at me. 

"Wow Hyung you are really
Back. and you forgot how to speak korean." Both yongguk and Ilhoon laugh at that false statement. 

" Did not!" I defend myself making them laugh harder until we drive off to school.