L.O.V.E H.U.R.T.S

My sweet nerd

It is a cold yet beautiful day when Ilhoon went to school. Last night he slept peacefully for the first time when it was raining with thunder. Although Ilhoon couldn't see it for himself but those amongst him noticed he was more brighter than his usual serious self. For those who know Ilhoon well or even those who spent classes with him everyday knows that Ilhoon works hard and participates to get his grade But he never was determined or excited to learn like sungjae. 

  If the teacher has written notes on the board  ilhoon writes it almost at the last minute. If the teachers sometimes decides to call on Ilhoon to answer the question Ilhoon would his tongue and glare at the teacher before answering, And if he raises his hand but the teacher doesn't call on him , he would stand up and leave the classroom. Today however he was quite a bit opposite, He had more patience than usual and he would write without hesitation, and he didn't show bad attitude neither. Most thought he was just happy for once and others suspected he was forced by his parents to participate. It was hard to tell because he never smiled. If you really want to know Ilhoon was just distracted by his own thoughts so much that he hardly knew what was going around him neitherless what he was writing down. 

~*~*~*~*xX Ilhoon Xx~~*~*~**~*

I am walking through the halls to my next class not being able to recall what i did today. Books are on my hands and my bag is hanging on my arm. It is colder than usual on the hallways which makes me begin to get worried that it might be like this the whole day because i don't think i brought anything warm this morning since it wasn't that cold it was hot actually, Maybe i have a hoodie in the back of my car. 

I always hated how the school's main color is bright baby blue because it always somehow made the halls brighter and it bothers my eyes, In which this situation is happening right now. I squint my eyes automatically as soon as they start to itch from the sun's brightness and i start to walk more slowly and careful. I can't see much but i can see someone familiar getting their stuff from the locker room and he looks like sungjae. 

"Sungjae..." I say before opening my eyes but when i do look more closely at the boy in front of me. it is someone else.

"huh?" He responds confused. "Nevermind." I say in order to get rid of him quicker without having to make the effort of explaining or apologizing saying 'Í've got the wrong person.'

Thinking for a second that this boy is sungjae only made me want to see him more even though i'm not that ready to see him. Come to think of it, i haven't seen him this morning( i got used to waking up really early in the morning to go to the school with soohyun) so i don't even know if he's here today. My cheeks start to blush over the thought of me and sungjae last night....how kind and sweet he was, how sleepy he looked and his nice aroma, how soft his arm felt when i grabbed him and what i love the most, how cute he is when i see him smile. I  wouldn't want to be the reason his smile fades. Outside where my mask remains i want to stay cold. I want to stay so cold until my heart becomes crystal, until i can't feel love for sungjae or for anybody. Why? because i don't want another shattered heart and i definitely don't want sungjae to represent another heartless villain i once loved. The first one i loved is like a veratrum flower. Beautiful on the outside and poisonous on the inside. All i want sungjae to present is that pretty sunflower i like so much.  

 To me this journey to my next class that once was so short became longer as i continued to slow my pace almost literally dragging my body. I am so tired of this. Why am i doing this? Going to school i mean. To achieve my dreams? But who is it for though?, If i can't be what i want because i'm the son of Jung a yeong. I reach the door to my class right as the bell starts to ring when i spot a familiar person on the left corner of my eye and my head immediately shoots to the left. Sungjae! yes that's him for sure! But what do i do? I'm not ready to see him. Do i say hi? Do i thank him again? Do i apologize for wasting his time? What will you do ilhoon your time is running fast!

 Sungjae had his face glued to the floor so he couldn't see me. He was walking closer and closer to me and he was about to pass me by, I had to say something it doesn't matter what but it was too late. The time wasn't on my side because by the time i was going to say 'hello' nothing came out of my mouth and sungjae already passed me by and i didn't run after him not because the bell rang and that the teacher was urging me to get inside but because i am too afraid to say a simple hi.

"Jung Ilhoon, you're going get marked as absent if you don't enter the classroom now." Mr. Cho said his eyes furious and tired of his life and i obeyed entering the classroom and sitting on my seat quietly.

I spent the rest of my time in class just recreating that failure i had 45 minutes ago. What is wrong with me? hi? I can't tap him on the shoulder and say a simple hi? Next time i'll be able to atleast say hi maybe my problem is that i overreacted. 

~*~**~~*~~*~*~* Soohyun X *Picking up from earlier  (Same day)

 " Mir i like you." I hear myself suddenly say and i quickly look over at him searching for any kind of reaction but he only looks at the floor; Not surprised at all, almost like if he already knew. my hands tightening into a fist, sweat stirring. What am i thinking! I need to take it back now.

"What?" He asks after finally being able to clutch his words again. "Nothing, it's just that you are a good friend so don't hesitate to tell me what troubles you." I say trying to take back what i said and soon regretting it once i realise i may never get that confidence again. I half waited for his reply half hoped...for something any miracle to steal his heart. But he only smiled lightly, Sweet but sad. "No that's fine hyung, i'm fine. Maybe i'll tell you another day but thanks....um...the bell is about to ring soon so we should head to class." Mir said leaving faster than he should. This past few minutes of our short and meaningless chatter felt like an eternity. I never once felt so awful to find that mir doesn't love me anymore, or isn't interested in me nor my comfort, Maybe he doesn't find wanting to be with me any longer. I knew this day would come. And i tried so hard, so hard to have him by my side, Maybe i should have tried harder, Maybe i shouldn't have been myself, or maybe...i shouldn't have fallen for him in the first place.

~*~*~*~ xX Mir Xx  ~~*~*~*~*

" Mir i like you." I heard him say suddenly as i was thinking of something else to say since we we're so quiet and we had nothing to say...at least i didn't. I already found out since a long time ago that soohyun hyung might like me because he was too obvious but i didn't say anything because he never mention this either so i suspected it would be temporary. I looked down at the floor feeling uneasy about this whole thing. This was so sudden i didn't know what to feel or what i should feel at this moment. I only have feelings for sungjae i can't love soohyun! I love him as a friend and i care for him how can i turn him down without hurting him too much? 

I wanted to say sorry, i can't in a nice way and be able to comfort him later on but i only pretended not to hear. "What?" I half asked him half didn't. Hoping and praying he doesn't repeated it. I don't want to hurt him. 

"Nothing, it's just that you are a good friend so don't hesitate to tell me what troubles you." He responds. Even though it might be mean but i blessed and thank the lord soohyun wasn't able to confess and i felt sad and worried, I felt pity for him even though i didn't want to...guilty even. Still he cares for me and my problems how sweeter he be? But my heart is not set on him and it hurts how he can't confess and that even if he did it'll only destroy him more, so really there's no escape for him.

~~*~*~*~*~xX  Ilhoon Xx~*~***~*~

Skipping the rest of my awful day it was finally lunch time and i'm not hanging with my crew today i found out yongguk is not here, I'll probably punch mir in the face, and soohyun is just too quiet so i might as just well hang with sungjae today or alone. I was circling the hallways just to peek if i see him near by because it just occurs to me that i don't know what damn class he's in plus only yongguk has his phone number in which i keep forgetting to ask for. A good 7 minutes passed and i don't know which spot to just stand and wait since i don't know which way he's coming from and i am just about to give up when finally i spot him inside a classroom talking with his teacher. Sungjae! i wanna call out for him but i can't interrupt. Once he was done he quickly grabbed his lunch and headed for the door and i caught his eyes. I wanted to smile nicely but i bet it only came out awkward and bitter when he quickly glued his eyes on the floor again. I guess i must have scared him but that's okay...Because i can apologize, and i can ask if he wants to eat together with me. "S-" I start to say when he suddenly brushes aside me and pace walks away from me. 'What the-' i thought in my mind as i see him already so fast turning the corner and leaving. I know i'm kinda scary but not too scary to make him run i need to catch up to him and ask him to eat with me. "Sungjae!" i call after him as i am the next to pace walk in these halls. It's not easy to pace walk as fast as sungjae but i reach him anyway when i start to run and once he notices that i'm catching up to him he also starts to run clearly not caring about the food in our kento box! i think mine already got mixed. "Sungjae!" I shout again but my only reply is him trying to run faster. God what is he thinking!? what's the matter with him?  

We are both tired as we continue our furious chase, Me hoping we eventually run in front of a worker because i feel like my body is about give out soon. ugh i have to reach him! that's my only motivation in this mad run, for what? no reason?

I close my eyes shut just for 4 seconds to repeat it again and again. 1 second. I have to catch him! 2 seconds! i have to reach him! 3 seconds i can't give up! 4! When i open my eyes i suspected i'd slowed down and that there is no chance to catch up to him now until he accidently slipped on the floor with a thud. "Oh no sungjae!" I say without breath and my legs exhausted from running but the thought of sungjae getting hurt is more powerful than my tired body and it only motivated me to run just a little more. Once i reached him he looked really hurt as he was clutching his right hand; He looked like he was about to cry and i didn't like it. "Ilhoon hyung?" His soft voice breaking. "  It's okay now let me see if i can help you?" I check his hand and it looked like nothing was wrong with it but i knew it would turn purple soon. "Put your other arm over my shoulders ." I say and he obeys. Once i help him stand up on his own i grab his kento box and we both make our way towards the infirmary.

~*~*~**~*~*~xX ( Same day) Minhyuk  

" I love you too." I say too scared to move, too scared for his reaction, too scared he might misunderstand. I want to know what he is thinking about but i couldn't bare look at his face any longer so i look at the ground. I let go of his fist and clutch his shirt hard. I'm trying hard not to but i can already feel the tears trying to go free. Say something...I have to say something but i'm stuck. Then i felt warm hands embracing my back pulling me into a tight hug. My face buried on his firm and strong chest. 

" I saw him being assaulted by some ,thought that i'd help." I heard Jackson's voice speak snapping me off of cloud nine and i felt slightly embarrassed what if jackson thought i was gay, Am i? i think so.Maybe i'm bi? I tried to break the hug but yongguk was holding me way too tight. I didn't care, i felt better in his arms as cheesy as this sounds. "Thanks." I finally heard and felt yongguk's voice as my ear was listening closely to his warm beating heart. "But he no longer needs your help so you can go on your way." Yongguk finished his sentence and i opened my eyes wide in shock. What did yongguk say? That was very rude for him to say! If it weren't for Jackson i'd probably have gotten kidnapped or something. Did i even thank Jackson? i think i did. I try once again to remove myself from yongguk's embrace so that i can apologize to Jackson. Pushing and pushing but i was once again smacked by the truth that yongguk is stronger than me. I also try to speak but my words come out muffled.

"What did you say? you got a problem with me?" I hear Jackson after yongguk's remarks. I have to stop this before it goes any further so before yongguk could respond again i bite him. "Ahh!" yongguk grunts and he let's me free but only for a matter of seconds, but it doesn't matter i can at least still say something. " Please hyung, Jackson helped me earlier when i was looking for you. Give him a break." I said high enough so that yongguk can hear but low enough so that jackson doesn't hear. yongguk although upset and angry gave me an understanding look and was about to call it off but Jackson commenced the very first punch, knocking yongguk completely on the floor. And i knew, When yongguk pulled himself up and sat back down on the floor while glaring at Jackson that nobody is going to be able to stop him, nobody not even me could control him he is ready to fight. " ing !" yongguk said while Jackson formed his fist like if saying ' Come at me!' There were times when i used to join the audience because i was always so curious and i just watched people fight but now i'm not standing here doing nothing because i want to watch this fight, I'm standing here because i feel helpless. I mean what can i do? Scream and shout for them to stop? They will still be fighting. I can't go on my way to hold one of them up because they'll just push me out of the way like if i were paper if i interfered. You think they won't? will see

I hold my breath pumping my chest to look strong and i walk right towards the boys like if i don't fear anything. Because i'm not too familiar with Jackson and yongguk says he's in love with me, i head towards yongguk trying to see if i can convince him. "Guys.... you stop-" My sentence was interrupted when yongguk grabbed me on the waist and pulled me to his side my back leaning on his waist. With me on his waist i was a bit scared and surprised but then i thought that it would slow him down but the mother er was still punching and i might get hurt. " Hyung let go off me!" I pleaded for me life and he did so. When i turned to look at the two it's like they were surrounded by an intense fire...like it happens in anime. Realising it was no use  i apologized to both of them in my mind as i left them fighting. I ran to the nearest guard and told him i saw two individuals fighting and he immediately hurried over to help me. He was able to stop the fight while i was finally able to breathe but we were all going to the police station. I sat there sitting on the officer's car as he drove us to the police station just thinking. Since when did my life get so interesting? Since i met yongguk? no, since sungjae moved into that house that's when started to get crazy.

~*~*~*~*~~

We are at the police station after the guard drove us here and now more than ever i start to wonder why he did that. I find it hard to believe that it was his job to  drive people around to the police. I mean isn't he just supposed to give a warning and leave? But whatever he was thinking it sure got us in more trouble especially for yongguk and Jackson.

" Ugh....How did that guard even catch us if we were in a secluded area?" Jackson grunted while holding an ice pack on top of his head and i slid down on my seat as if to pretend i'm not at blame. But it did make things better right? I saw the bruises on Jackson's face and i decided to be caring and i helped him apply some kind of medicine from the first aid kit in which got hot icy glares from yongguk in which i felt on my back but chose to ignore it because it's his fault we're here. "Thanks." I heard Jackson say once i was done with him. After i disinfected my hands i quickly treated yongguk's wounds with lots of care. It felt i bit uncomfortable applying the bandage when yongguk was staring at me. Sometimes i wondered if he was still mad at me and sometimes i wonder if i had something in my face. Finally after i finished with yongguk i sigh in relieve hoping that yongguk would stop staring in which he only continued and it was making blush slightly of embarrassment. The longer he stared the more i touched my face in order to feel if i had something and i didn't. Time kept going slow or rather these police guards did because we were not important to them. Jackson was complaining a lot until he fell asleep and yongguk was too. One of the workers finally noticed that we were still waiting and he opened his eyes wide in shock for a moment before hurrying to find something on his desk. He pulled out a paper and he brings a pen towards my way as i was the only one awake. "I am so so sorry!" He says apologetically bowing like nineteen times. I wanted to be mad and say "Are you serious right now?! We could have gone home already!" But since i saw that they were really busy and accidentally forgot i decided to give him a break and sign the paper with less patience. "Alright~ you're free to go." He says in a jolly tone that should have annoyed me but instead made me better so a smiled slightly. He looked really young though. I woke up Jackson first since me and yongguk are going home together.

" Jackson Jackson?" I call for him and he awoke quicker than i thought with bloodshot eyes. "Mmn what?" He asked as if he didn't remember where he was at. "We can go now." I responded and he got up tiredly like if he couldn't walk. We bid goodbyes and i saw him leave towards the exit. When he opened the door i felt a stinging cold air as he turned around and waved at me. I wave back.

Now it was time to wake up yongguk. Part of me didn't want to since he looked so peaceful and cute when he was sleeping but we were tired and we had to go home where it was warmer and comfortable. Shaking him, he finally awoke with a grunt. "yongguk hyung. It's time to go." I say and he stands up stretching and yawning. Still i wonder if he's mad at me. When he saw my sad expression he said. "Let's go." Calmly and i followed behind realizing that it was cold as outside and our car is still at the Amusement park. At least it's not too far.

~~~*~*~* Earlier** 

After The infirmary, sungjae's hand was wrapped around in bandage. "Are you sure you're okay?." I ask and he nods silently in which i still think he's acting odd and it makes me feel like i'm at fault. I worry that i might have done or said something that he may have disliked. We continue to walk silently in the chatty hallways when i remembered why i chased him for. I was a bit nervous for asking but i start to build a ball of confidence. "U-um uh Sungjae?" I ask slowly still debating whether or not to ask.

"Yes?"

"Do you...perhaps. wanna eat together?" I asked the last part with almost a whisper afraid for his rejection but he heard me anyway. "Uh yeah sure!" He said with a bright smile that made me look away before he sees me blush. We find an empty classroom where we can eat in peace and alone. Just the way i like it. I happily without showing it ,opened both of the kento box and i remembered that sungjae couldn't eat or write with his injured hand but he tried anyway. First he did it with his left hand and it didn't succeed because the food kept falling off. Then he tried with his right hand and i saw how much it hurt when he would wince. I was too shy to ask but my body just moved on it's own and i grabbed sungjae's chopsticks. Sungjae gave me a surprised look like if i had gone mad but i ignored it. With his chopsticks i picked up the food that was on his box and i raised it up to his mouth and waited for him to open his mouth wide. At first didn't know what i was doing but after moving the chopsticks slightly he understood and he opened his mouth slightly almost embarrassed. The look in his face showed discomfort but it was the only way. after a while of feeding him and feeding myself he got used to it and ate more comfortably making me feel delighted that i was able to help him.

~*~*~**~*~Sungjae**

At first i thought that hyung was being mean when he grabbed my chopstick but then was corrected when i noticed he was trying to feed me and it made me feel happy and relieved that he was trying to help but i also felt guilty because i was the mean one when i ran away from him. It's just...Even though this sounds so stupid but sometimes i take people's words seriously, especially when they are people who don't joke around so when ilhoon said to me last night not to be very close and bug him at school i listened and avoided him when i saw him in the hallways because i did not want to bother him and i was almost successful until he found me. This whole situation was awkward but i got used to it and let ilhoon feed me. He's so nice. I thought in my head as i chowed on the food. When i look up to get another bite i finally spotted it... something i've never seen before...It was beautiful and pretty...it is rare and it was heart warming. For the first time since i moved at the Jung mansion i finally saw ilhoon smile! His cheeks were fluffy pink and i don't think he noticed himself that he was smiling. Slowly as i continued to stare my heart became tight around my chest and i could feel my heart thumping. I wished for him to stop but i also wished that smile wound't fade But it did when he caught me staring. I quickly darted my eyes to look at anything but him my cheeks becoming hot on my pale skin. "Come on." He said."Two more bites."

We were done eating and i was glad we were going to class mainly because i'll be able to breath again. "I wish i could help you with your hand..." Ilhoon started while staring at my now bandage hand as we cleaned the table. "But we are in seperate classes....I'm sorry. It's all my fault."He said and i felt more guilty than before. "No not at all don't apologize, it's my fault for running." I say quickly showing a smile to prove i was fine.

"Okay."He said looking at the floor still unconvinced.

~*~*~*~*~Minhyuk ( AT NIGHT)

We were walking on the cold and dark streets in silence as i was too afraid to say anything. We continued to walk for 5 more minutes each steps getting nowhere. Finally i couldn't take it anymore! i can't stand it when someone is mad at me! I walk on yongguk's pace and i fling his arm back as he almost tripped in surprise. "Why don't you scream at me already!" I half shout. yongguk only stared at me in awe at the sudden violence i was letting out.

"Why don't say anything i know your mad!" I say feeling my eyes tense up again.

He catches himself as to realizing that i'm talking about earlier. "I'm not mad." He says plainly which got me more irritated. I try to calm myself down noticing that i'm probably overreacting.

"Yongguk...do you think i'm cheating on you." I directly ask my question. Of course scared half to death.

"How can i think you were cheating on me if we aren't dating?" Yongguk says and i feel my heart hurt. Was this a break up? I thought in my head obviously forgetting that it was me who said 'we're just friends' and just feeling hurt of rejection. Then he placed his cold fingers on my chin and went closer to me. So close i actually felt his warm breath on the top of my nose through this cold whether. And once again because of bang yongguk i felt my heart and cheeks heat in just 2 seconds. He moves his lips towards my ear. "I still need to steal your heart, then you will be mine." His warm voice and breath felt so good against my ear i couldn't help but force myself not to melt in the spot. I mean i don't really know if i really feel love for yongguk yet but i surrender my body and my heart so that it can do what it wants and so when i gave up i let my heart speak for me. I pushed yongguk away from me and instead i went (tippie toeing) close to his ears to say. "You don't understand....I'm already yours." It seems both of us were surprised of what i just whispered softly in his ear but that still didn't stop me or my body to say. After i could tell that yongguk was dying inside and blushing so hard i could see through the darkness i finally finished the bomb when i shyly and quickly planted my lips on his for the first time and let him be the victim of a stolen kiss. Our kiss was not short nor was it too long. It was sweet even though it stung because of the cold but at least the heat that our body was releasing was warm enough to let us bare longer. Neither of us wanted to break this kiss for it was too good. I finally felt free. I know how i feel now and this feels right. We are official now right? I started to feel yongguk's hands wrap around my waist pulling me closer to his body. We could have continued this for an hour but we had to get moving. It was hard to break off this delightful kiss and i can feel my cheeks continue to rise in heat. We keep promising to break it off but in the end we never do. "Okay yongguk we stop in 3....2.....1" Finally our kissed ended but then a birth of another came when we kissed again this time it was short.

We continued to walk the cold and lonely streets with our hands tied together. Neither of us dared to look at each other at least until we stop smiling and giggling to ourselves. We bare the cold with our warm hearts until we reach the car and head home. "Say i was wondering...do you want to head over to my place? I live alone." He asked and i gave him a quick glare. "Don't worry i won't bite ya" He says and starts his car.

~*~*~*~*~~**~*xX Author-nim Xx ~* *~**

Hey hey hey everybody! miss me? i'm finally back with a proud chapter hope you love this vote and plz comment thank u~