Awkward

My sweet nerd

"Thank god it's saturday!." i scream at minhyuk at the other line. "ugh." he say's like if he's depressed. "what? minhyuk hyung, don't tell me you miss school already?

"And don't tell me you don't miss school." he replied mimicking my voice.

"That makes sungjae sad." i said in a baby voice and pouting my lips like he could see me

"Trust me it does." he said almost said talking to himself.

"What's that?"

"Oh nothing."

"Hyung what's up."

"nothing.nothing"

"spill it!" i said copying him

"i refuse"

"minhyuk hyung."

"sungjae"

"c'mon not again!"

"yes again." i heard him laughing. "hyung really what's wrong." i said serious.

"......."

".........."

".............."

"....................."

"okay fine! you'll know when you open the door." sungjae blinked confused. "what?"

"The door! sungjae the door!"

Sungjae thought minhyuk was at his door so he runs almost immediately to open the door. when he does open the the door he doesn't see minhyuk but a pretty girl.

"uh sorry noona, wrong house." sungjae said closing the door. "yah!" he heard minhyuk scream. sungjae quickly opened the door again in search of minhyuk who was still not in sight. then he looked at the girl who was still there. angry.

She had her arms crossed. something minhyuk would do when he is angry. sungjae thought. she was wearing red lipstick, black and white clothes and a necklace minhyuk wore yesterday. what a coincidence. she also had her hair short and black. it looks like a wig. sungjae thought again. but no matter she was pretty. sungjae examined her face a little more.....

"minhyuk hyung?!"

"finally." the girl said walking into the house

"h-how? why? wha? when?" sungjae couldn't ask one question at a time. there was just so much to ask at this moment.

"long story." minhyuk said.

"but?"

"no comments"

"yes hyung" sungjae said lowering his head.

~~*~~*~~~*~~~ ~*~*~*~**~~~*~*~~~*~*~~*~*

sungjae remained staring at minhyuk.

"what?"

"nothing it's that you look pretty." sungjae said regretting it. what if minhyuk would get insulted because he kinda called him a girl? sungjae saw a flash of pink shades on minhyuk's cheeks. maybe he was embarrassed. minhyuk rolled his eyes and continued drinking his tea.

"so?" sungjae asked. wanting some attention

"sungjae.....i have another job."

"uu what is it?" sungjae said amused that minhyuk finally was talking to him.

"crossdressing and striping for money" he said still looking at a magazine he'd been reading and then looking up at sungjae.

~~~~~X DEAD SILENCE X~~~~~

".............."

".............."

"......................."

Minhyuk broke the awkward tension by laughing. he laughed so much that sungjae broke out a little laughter. " i was (laugh) just (laugh) kidding." he continued laughing sungjae sighed in relief. "you should see the look on your face!"

Sungjae just stared at minhyuk for an explanation. minhyuk coughed.

"i work at a place." minhyuk started."and there was a guy yeah a guy hitting on me. i told him multiple times i didn't want to go out but he comes back confessing again with different items. first it was flowers, then a teddy bear,balloons, and yesterday he gave me a ring asking me to marry him." sungjae stared at minhyuk not believing."i also sometimes feel like i'm being stalked by him so instead of quitting my job i decided to hide my identity by crossdressing. i already talked to my boss about it."

"Oh you know hyung you should be careful cuz you're still going to be approached by men when you look that pretty." minhyuk put a hand to his chest and formed his lips a 'thank you'. sungjae wasn't trying to complement minhyuk, he was just worried.

"Anyway i have to get to work." minhyuk said standing up. he kisses sungjae on the forehead. sungjae gasp and looks at minhyuk in surprise. "what? you've never seen a pretty girl before?" they both laugh.

sungjae escorts minhyuk to the door saying their goodbyes. "hyung seriously be careful." sungjae says when minhyuk steps out the door. minhyuk could see the worry in sungjae's eyes.

"i know sweetheart." he responds caressing sungjae's chin and leaving.

~~*~~~*~~*~~~*~*~*~~***~~*~~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*

Even though sungjae wanted to do something fun because it was saturday he didn't have anybody to do it with. he only had his two friends minhyuk and maybe himchan. but minhyuk was too busy working and himchan would probably force him on another party. sungjae only wanted to hang at some calm, quiet, pretty place and just talk. 'hey how's your life going?' something like that.

"i'll just go take a nap." he thought.

~~~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~* Later that day

When i woke up i saw that i had gotten a message from 'master'. i didn't feel like having 'master' on the caller ID so i just fixed it to his name. YONGGUK HYUNG. the message read

"you.me.dinner.now!"

"what? maybe he'll just let me do his homework again or pay for his food. i looked down and saw that he also had written the address.i checked to see when he sended me this. an hour ago! i texted him my apologies and asked him if it was not too late. i hope he is not mad. he replied faster than i thought like if he'd been waiting for me to reply or maybe he had his phone next to him or maybe he was texting someone else. i sighed. i guess i'll be going somewhere after all.

~~*~~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~*~**~*~

"no." i said to yongguk who pleaded me to go somewhere with that kid and say thank you to him for doing yongguk's homework just because he got an A. i mean if you wanted to say thank you tell him yourself! second 'thank you' was something you could have texted. third wasn't he our slave? he should do what we ask him to do without saying anything. plus the homework doesn't count.

"pleeeease!" he said putting his hands together." you know i'm busy. please go for me~~" he was now pouting his lips and doing puppy eyes. "i'll pay." he says. " you better" i say.

"is that a 'yes'?"

"fine" i say still staring at the TV in his house. i came here because my house was too boring. i heard him hiss a yes and jumped up from kneeling." thank you sooooo much." he said grabbing my hands and planted a kiss. i moved my hand away. he knows i don't like that kind of stuff.

"don't push it." i warned him. he raises his hand in the air and walks away backwards leaving the room. i look around the livingroom for a while. his apartment was the type that seem fancy but simple. he had a ruby red color on his curtains. i like it. there wasn't a wall on one side of the living room. no walls just glass revealing the starry night sky with thousands of stars and the lights under us. neon signs and buildings of buildings. the thousand dots moving around. (which were people). it was a small apartment for one or a couple .but i still like it. i sighed. god where is mir when you need em. i thought and walked to take a shower. i always stay here so most of my clothes were here in his place.

~~*~~*~*~*~*~~~*~~~*~*~~~*~*~*~*~*

I was waiting at the restaurant for half an hour. i didn't want to eat first because i thought it would be rude, but i was really hungry~~~~ was he going to stand me up? was this a joke? i wondered as no sight of yongguk appeared. it's been like 16 times since a waitress would come and ask me if i needed anything, i just tell them to bring me water. i can tell that they are getting mad.

I didn't know my head was on the table falling asleep until i felt someone sitting down. i darted my head and sat as straight as i could. ilhoon? what is he doing here? he scoffed. what? did i have something on my face? i vowed still sitting down.

"master um where is yongguk?" i asked. god i didn't like calling him or anybody master. it's just so uncomfortable.

~~~~~~* ILHOON'S THOUGHTS

please stop calling me master! it's so uncomfortable!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~*

"stop calling me master." he says signalling one of the waitresses to come. thank god! i don't like calling you that either. but this guy sure got an attitude and rude. he ignored my question.

"would you like something sir?" she asked

"no.5 please." he responded and with that she left. he didn't ask me if i wanted anything! (T^T) i'm hungry~~~~.

I started playing with my fingers as it's been silent for a while now. i know i like quiet moments but this was too quiet and awkward. he just kept staring at the window. is that a habit? He had pretty eyes. and his brownish hair was also very pretty and luscious. and his lips were cherry pink. he looked very handsome. that was before i started picturing him as a brownie. i looked away before he notice that i'd been staring at his imaginary brownie figure. i clutch my stomach because of the hunger. god what am i doing here?

~~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~***~~*~~*~

I watched as he ate his food. the sizzling sound and aroma drove me crazy! making my stomach twisting inside of me. i was so hungry that watching him eat satisfied me. the way each piece of meat met him tongue and was munched away. i guess he notice i was staring at him because he seemed to be eating uncomfortably. i looked away but my eyes kept meeting the sizzling grill. why did he bring me here anyway? was he like my mother who called me for nothing? one time she called me from the living room. when i came she asked me to give her the remote which was right next to her.

I took my phone out and looked at the time. 11:50 almost midnight. time sure does flies. i went on to the internet and typed "food". yeah i was staring at the picture since ilhoon didn't like staring. after a while my stomach hurted, and with the sizzling, and the smell my stomach grumbled. shoot!

he looked up at me. "you hungry?" he asked. i nodded my head." pfft. i thought you ate something already." i nodded my head 'no' he quickly signaled a waitress to come. "what you want?" he asked. i stuttered for a moment.

"just something simple." i said not wanting anything expensive. he ordered the same thing he got. i looked at the menu to check the price and it was one of the most expensive meat with side dishes. i wanted to call the lady to return the order but she already left. like the wind. i saw her come back and put a plate of meat on the table again. then i was going to tell her but ilhoon just said eat. i didn't want to seem ungrateful so i just ate. he excused himself to go to the bathroom and came back a few minutes later.

~~~*~~*~*~*~~* ilhoon's thoughts

i couldn't wait til i was done eating so i could go home. then i heard a loud grumble from the other side of the table. i looked up to see him stare anywhere but me. a really dark pink blush smashed all over his face. did he not eat? i thought he ate when i wasn't here. and why do i care?

i don't usually feel any emotion, but when i do i never feel guilty of anything. so why do i feel guilty? so i asked him and he nodded making puppy eyes that made me feel bad. i told the woman to come here and i ordered.

~~~~~

when the meat came and i cooked it, i watch him eat so fast that some BBQ sauce was sticking on his lips. i practically starved him to death. what am i thinking? it's his fault he should have said something in the first place. stupid.

the way he ate was like he lost his humanity and ate for survival. i couldn't stand seeing him like that so i excused myself to go use the bathroom. when i finished i payed for the food and sat back down and looked outside again.

~~*~**~~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

Jesus that was great! oh i'm so stuffed. after i was done feasting i came back to earth and noticed a few things.

one. i have BBQ on my lips. god i'm gross

two. ilhoon was looking at the window again. he probably thought i was disgusting.

third. the money i needed to pay! i took out my wallet to see if i had the money. i did have some but the rest was for the rent.

I couldn't stand lowering my pride again, not in front of him who might think i'm a low life. so i handed the money to pay his and my food. ilhoon just looked at me confused. "the money for the meat we ordered" i say lowering my head. "oh" he said and carefully pushed my hand back. "everything is already payed." he says. i gasp.

"what!? you shouldn't have. here take the money i owe." he only glares at me. then i remember the shirt and put the money in my wallet. great now i owe more. i am supposed to give not receive.

"it wasn't with my money it was yongguk that payed." he said getting up."you done?" i nod.

"he wanted to thank you for doing his homework." i scratch the back of my neck. couldn't he just text me 'thank you'? instead of making me pass this awkward hour? and besides wasn't i supposed to be his slave?

"oh, well can you tell him i said thank you?" i asked ilhoon as we stepped outside. he only nodded still not taking a glance at me. he never looks at me. he walked besides a corvette. wow was that his car!. "goodbye." i said i didn't get a reply. he just started to walk at the other side. i walked away when a guy grabbed me from my waist. and started to kiss me in the back of my head. "hey babe" he said as i started to scream. i pushed him away many times making him angry. he formed a fist to punch me. i flinched and closed my eyes mentally preparing myself.

But i felt nothing. no pain. nothing. i saw ilhoon grabbing the guy by the wrist."i-ilhoon?" he gave me a short glance and twisted the guy's hand pushing him away. i saw how he landed on the floor screaming in pain. wow. ilhoon holded my hands. "he's with me" he said to the man who was cursing and ran. ilhoon dragged me to his car and sat me in the front seat. then he asked me for my address.

~~*~~~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Ilhoon's thoughts

while i was driving the kid just stared at me. he never looked around he just looked at me ever since i argued about being careful, and that he should defend himself. i wonder why did i care? why am i taking him to his house? he could rot for all i care!

"why do you keep staring at me!" i said annoid and angry. he finally looked around like if he just snapped out of a trance. he opened his mouth to say something.

"thank you." he said. he seems to mean it. it almost made me happy that he was okay.

" i don't want to be responsible of you."

"of course." he says looking at the road.

~~*~~~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~ YOOK'S RESIDENCE

When we reached my house i got off saying thank you again. i watched as he nodded and left. wow maybe he wasn't rude after after all.

I walked to my house hearing some strange bumping sounds. i checked my pockets for keys and unlocked the door. i saw my parents holding hands jumping up and down repeatedly.

"whats the good news." i ask as they notice me and tried to calm down. my father smiled at me as i sat on the sofa. "son we have a place to stay! i did it"he said jumping once more. "great now we have a new house!" i replied almost jumping with them. but he gave me an 'not really' look.

"a new apartment?" he nodded 'no'

" a hotel?" he nodded 'no' then my hopes went down.

"shelter?" he nodded 'no' again.

"then where are we going? on the street?" i asked irritated.

"no son we uh i kinda asked a rich friend to house us." he says smiling bright expecting me to jump with joy. well i don't give him that kind of hope. i have pride to keep. what would that guy think? what would minhyuk think? besides i wanted our own house. "woopy" i say burying body in my sofa. "pack your bags we're leaving tomorrow." he said even more happy. i pushed the green pillow in my face and groaned.

~~~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~ author-nim

Here we are again with another chap. yay it's called awkward for the awkward moments sungjae had with ilhoon. hope they make up soon~

also remember when minhyuk crossdress for a concert? no? that moment was priceless*

now that i've given you a hint do you know where sungjae and his parents are going to live? *wink*    *wink*