Not the Typical High School Experience

When You're All Alone

As we headed down the corridors to our first class, I could feel the strange stares and I knew it had to do with the two knuckle heads flirting with anything with slender legs that passed their view. Well to be honest it was mostly Kai, Sehun was just walking with him getting into Kai’s flow. I guess they don’t associate with anyone outside the pack and that is why me following close behind with Sehun checking often to make sure I was there has caused people to wonder who I am. Although luckily there aren’t too many as class are in session already.

During the walk to class I decided to play Kai’s little game though not necessarily, I’m already in a boy’s uniform and if people assume I’m a boy that’s fine but once P.E starts up and I get my proper uniform, it will be fun to see everyone’s shocked faces. I have a decent sized chest but with the button up squeezing them because it’s meant for small flat chested boys and the blazer jacket being a little loose in the shoulder area it’s a lot less noticeable. Even in the girl’s uniform, unless you are wearing it improperly you can’t really notice chest size.

“So we will go inside and inform the teacher and he will wave you in when he’s ready.” Sehun says as they quietly enter the classroom. As the teacher waves me in I can’t help the surprised look on my face. I know this town is known for its higher population of SN’s then normal people but if I keep on running into so many people I know I really will be nervous of who I could possibly collide with.

“Everyone quiet down, I know it’s unusual but we have a new transfer student today and I want all of you to be very welcoming to him. You can introduce yourself now.” The female teacher said with a glint in her eyes.

“Hello my name is Awayuki, Natsume, I just moved here to help my family out, please treat me kindly.” …….wait, did she say HE?!

“Go ahead and take the seat behind Sehun-shii and in front of Kai-shii.” She says with a smile but again that mischievous glint in her eyes. “I’m your homeroom and your P.E teacher once the weather warms up and snow isn’t in the forecast, I’m Miss Liu.” She said as she went back to her normal morning routine.

“So she went along with my game, now you have to play along, Nana, we better find you a better nickname.” Kai whispers to you from behind and now you really regret him being behind you.

“Alright that’s about all the announcements I have, Oh and Kai, Sehun you two are in charge of showing Natsume around so don’t screw it up. Bye bye!” Miss Liu says as the bell chimes for the next class to start.

 

 

Once the first half of the day was over and lunch time came around I ditched the boys and headed back to the main office to go over more school stuff. I could tell some of the students (mainly girls) wanted to chat but I basically ran out of there with Kai yelling something about meeting in the cafeteria. As I walked through the corridors I could tell news travels fast here. A lot of girls were smiling at me while blushing and a few guys were just glaring at me like I stole their girl, I guess this comes with being associated with Exo.

“Alright that should finish everything, make sure you come back at the end of the day with all your teachers’ signatures to ok you being in class and you will be an official student here.” Said the nice little old office lady that I met in the morning before she had to use a surprisingly loud voice to yell at the boys to stop lingering and for causing all the other office ladies to stop working and drool all over the place until I informed her that they were showing me around.

“Thank you so much and I will see you at the end of the day.” I say with a smile and see the same reaction the boys got as they looked at me. I whisper a “sorry” before I head out to find the cafeteria and meet up with the pack. However, nothing is as easy as I rush out I bump into a group of guys loitering around the hallways.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going.. Oh hey it’s the new kid, not so popular without those punks around huh? Better chose your circle wisely little boy or you may end up in a dumpster, or even worse.” I tall guy with an ugly look on his face says as he and his boys continue to move down the hallway. He isn’t unattractive but the aura he’s throwing around is unsettling and repulsive.

“Oh I think I have, but thanks for the reminder.” I say more to myself then to them as they had already turned their backs on me. As I turn to head to the cafeteria I feel a hand reach for my shoulder, I grab it before it reaches me. It’s one of the boys from that guys group.

“You better watch your mouth before I bruise it so much you won’t be able to talk even under your breathe!” He says and I see their little leaders eyes glow in satisfaction. Great well if they are going to hit me I will have to let them, if I oppose them I could get some unwanted attention.

“Next time we see each other you will end up only seeing out of one eye.” The leader says as the lackey shoves me into the wall... hard, and they continue down the hall. Seriously the wall behind my back has a crack in it and I need to move before one of those ladies in the office come out to see the commotion. At least he didn’t hit my face, the bruises I feel on my back are hidden from prying eyes.

Finally reaching the cafeteria I see the boys waving me over and now I need to play off the stinging in my back, maybe I’ll rest in the nurses office during the two classes I don’t have with any of them, just like they do in those comics and dramas I’ve seen.

“Don’t ever take that long again, or at least call one of us.” Kris says as I sit in-between Luhan and Xiumin.

“I apologize, the office lady was elderly and slower than I had anticipated.”

“Seriously, just say sorry they were slow in the office, the super proper talk is driving me crazy.” Says Baekhyun with Chanyeol nodding in agreement next to him.

“Leave her alone, it’s nice to feel respected once in a while because I know none of you will treat me that way.” Kris sighs as he continues chatting with Suho and eating his lunch.

“So are you enjoying school so far Tsume?” Kai teases.

“Tsume?”

“Yeah its ur new nickname, we can’t call you Nana at school when you’re supposed to be a dude can we?’

“WOW WAIT WHAT!?!!?” Most of the table said in unison.

“Uh.. Yeah we got Miss Liu to play along, I mean come on, she’s in a boys uniform already. Plus you have to admit it will be a lot easier for her to stick close to us as a dude than being a girl and getting bullied.” Kai says with a type of reasoning that seemed so right and unusual to come out of his mouth.

“This is why I let him do this, it actually is a logical plan and also we are supposed to be protecting her and the best way to do that is make her invisible and this works quite well.” Sehun says agreeing with Kai.

“Its perfect right?!” Kai smiles and gives me a slap on the back. I hold in my cringe and smile back lightly. Whoever that group of losers were they are definitely SN’s, I mean the wall broke on contact with my back, it hurts but I really don’t want to freak out about it, I’m sure it’s only bruised and nothing more than that.

“I’m assuming you guys know our homeroom teacher if she played along, whether it’s personal or a private relationship.” I say kind of crudely, I mean she was pretty even if a little boyish it fit her look well. Though looking at my reflection, I’m not much different in style.

“Wha? Me with that witch are you kidding me?! She would turn me into a toad if she wanted.” Kai panics and Chen grins next to him.

“Yeah that’s because she is a witch and could turn you into a toad because she hates that playboy attitude of yours.” Chen whispered for only those at the table to hear.

“Oh ok, are there other groups like yourselves at this school? You know like other groups of boys that are well known? I saw some guys teasing a student outside the office and they were rude and seemed to be looking for trouble. Are there groups or people I should completely ignore here?” I ask trying to find out more about those guys without alerting them to our confrontation.

“Well as I’m sure you can imagine, a lot of the male population here hate us because they think all of us just want to “steal” all the ladies. Honestly there are plenty of people you should be wary of but not necessarily ignore because that could set them off even more. Remember Natsume, this school is full of Supernatural’ s and most are territorial whether it be in certain areas of the school or even certain people they have laid claim on. A lot of the female SNs think they own us or that we are their rightful mates. This is why maybe being a boy isn’t such a bad thing, it will keep you off their radar and all you will have to worry about are boys not talking to you because the girls think you’re hot. If someone attacks you because they have a grudge against us at least we can protect you without it looking like we are trying to court you.” Suho informed me.

“That makes sense to me. I thought this was a stupid game on Kai’s part but I guess he actually had a good idea.” I say. The group laughs and some continue to tease Kai a little before regular conversation starts and eating resumes. I continue to eat and join in small talk but my back is throbbing and I’m positive that I’m bleeding. Luckily the blazer is black, I excuse myself to the bathroom to give it a look over, and hopefully the men’s bathroom has mirrors.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

As Natsume walks away to the bathroom, one of the boys take the chance to say something.

“Hey guys, I don’t know what happened while Natsume went to the office but I sense something is wrong with her. When I look at her I feel uncomfortable but I can’t pinpoint from where.” Lay says to his brothers.

“Maybe she’s just so unfamiliar with all this that it’s getting to her, she did say that she’s never been to school before and being so sheltered by the hyungs has made her socially awkward.” Suho informs Lay. Being the healer of the group he can usually sense when someone is in pain, even feel it himself. This is one of the main reasons why most the guys try to avoid him when they get hurt, they don’t want him to suffer their pain as well.

“The wind around her is also strange, I have never met someone that the wind clings to so much. Usually I just call it over and it listens to me, but with her it refuses to ditch her, like it’s trying to protect her or create a bubble around her. Maybe it’s something the Hyungs did to protect her when she’s alone but never has wind disobeyed me, it’s weird.” Sehun brings up now that they are on the subject.

“I will admit she is very different from most humans we know, like she has a connection to nature itself, I hope that most SN’s here at school won’t notice this, it will put a target on her back, but thanks to Kai’s surprise intelligence..”

“Hey that’s messed up”

“They may think we have added a member to the pack instead of seeing us following around a human girl.” Kris finished saying with many of the boys nodding along in agreement over the strangeness that is Natsume.

“But even as a he, she’s still a human, why would they think we let a human in our group.” Baekhyun questions.

“Maybe as a mate for one of us?” Chen jokes

“Not a bad idea.” Xiumin nods

“Hey I was kidding, even if she is an actual she, everyone else will think otherwise.”

“Maybe the fact that she is one with nature will help us, maybe say she’s a Yaksha, a nature spirit we found in the wood that we live in, that would make sense.” Chanyeol proposed.

“That’s does work Chanyeol, we will go with this if it comes up, it will also explain her awkwardness, a forest spirit wouldn’t understand modern stuff very well.” D.O confirms

“We just need to tell her this plan as well so we don’t have different stories.” Suho says mostly to Sehun and Kai who nod in response.

“I still think something happened when she encountered Tae-Sung and his band of trouble makers. We have seen firsthand how he treats women that are near us, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did something harsh to our new “pack member”.” Luhan says as they remember what he did to his girlfriend after she said their group was attractive in front of him. They don’t think she ever came back to school once she was released from the hospital.

“He’s just pissed because he was top dog before we showed up, but honestly he only has his looks, that’s why he hates us anyways, with us here he’s considered a failure. What do you expect from an Imugi.” Tao says spitefully.

“Isn’t Nana taking too long, hopefully she went to the right bathroom?” Chen points out.

Everyone at the table gets a worried face, what if she did go in the girl’s bathroom by accident I mean she did just “become” a boy today.

As this thought continued to cross the boy’s minds they all scrambled to finish and grab their stuff to go check on her.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

As I exit the bathroom after using the mirror to check my back for bruises; which was almost all purple from the middle of my back to almost the end of it but luckily no bleeding; I see the boys hustling toward me in a hurry.

“Wow what’s the hurry?! Is everything ok?” I ask as they all stop in front of me breathing rather heavily.

“Did you umm.. go in the right restroom?” Kris barely stutters out as he looks away without making eye contact.

“Oh haha of course I did, it was really gross in there but luckily they had mirrors in there too.” I say with a small smile trying to lighten their worry.

“Hey, just because we are guys doesn’t mean we don’t like making sure we look nice in a mirror!” Luhan and Baekhyun almost say in unison.

We all start laughing at the moment and the blushing checks of the two and continue on our way as they all walk me to my next class seeing as I have it with none of them, then, D.O and Baekhyun are supposed to pick me up and walk me to the Music room as they are in it as well.

“What is this next class anyways?” I ask as it only has half the info on my schedule.

“It’s home economics, like cooking and stuff, Hyung must have thought you could make friends in this class.” D.O states

“Although he must have done it before the whole “boy’s uniform” incident. Maybe they will let you change it or just use the excuse as to meet hot girls and make yourself seem like a genius.” Chanyeol and Baekhyun tease as they leave you at your class and head to their respective classrooms. D.O reminds you to wait for him right here at the end of class so you can walk together.

After Home econ the boys walk you to class and the rest of the day goes by fast, but as the day went on your back got worse and you were told to wait by main office and you all would walk home together but as you had already decided you headed to the nurses office to rest.

“Excuse me is the nurse in?” I announce s I enter slowly.

“Just a minute, I’ll be right with you.” A Voice says but I don’t see anyone.

“Sorry about that always putting stuff away, I’m the nurse Miss Victoria, how can I, oh Natsume is everything alright?” She asks and I’m a little confused until I get a good feel for her.

“Oh hello you must be a part of Miss Liu’s coven. You guys are good friends to my Hyungs, It’s a pleasure to meet you.” I says with my hand out.

“You mean a part of my Coven don’t you fluffy? I met you a long time ago, the boys brought you to me when they found you.” She says and I had no Idea, but I apologize for not recognizing her as the leader.

“Don’t worry about it, so are you here to rest for your free period? If you want you can go to the main office and request being my T.A. so you have a place to chill during the last 45 minutes of school and the boy’s will always know where to find you. Unless your only here to relax and relieve the pain in your back.” She crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow at me.

“I had a run in with a nasty snake and his lackey threw me against the wall, hard.” I hiss, no point in hiding it. I’m sure she is well informed about me if she saw me back then.

“Go ahead and remove your top layers so I can have a look, I know a good paste that will heal you in no time.” She says pointing to the area with curtains around each bed for privacy.

I go to a bed and remove the curtain only to find Lay passed out under the sheets. I slowly put the curtains back but a hand grabs my wrist.

“I knew something was wrong with you, I could feel your pain. Why didn’t you say something huh? We are supposed to protect you but we can’t if you don’t let us.” He says to me with sadness in his eyes and a quiver in his voice.

“I’m so sorry, it isn’t that I don’t trust you guys, honestly I feel I have too much trust in you for how short a time I have known you all. I didn’t want to worry you all and it had already happened, I remember the look on Kai and Kris’s faces when Hyongbin pulled me up the tree during the test and I didn’t want to see that look on their faces again. I made a choice to handle it myself and try to do things on my own rather than running away or relying on others all the time.” I wanted to be honest with him, maybe it’s his aura or just who he is but I felt the need to not lie to him, or any of the boys. I’m usually good at it but for once I want to be honest with someone other than my brothers.

“ I understand, to be truthful it has been a long time since I have seen my brothers be so honest and concerned about someone outside the pack, makes me feel more normal and Human, I guess you are rubbing off on us already.” He said with a smile, cute dimples appear on his mouth again and I can’t help but smile back.

“Alright you two, Natsu go to the other bed so I can take a look.” Victoria says and gives a sympathetic smile to Lay, I have a feeling she knows it’s more than a little pain and that Lay has no idea the real extent of my bruises.

“I’m coming in, oh geez really?!” She gasps

“This is worse than thought. You must have suppressed the pain a lot for him to believe you were only in a little pain.” She whispers to me but I can feel the veil she has cast over the bed to keep it more private with Lay in the other bed.

“This should help but I suggest you have Henry or Ryeowook look at this when you get home and keep the Incubus at bay, they shouldn’t feed from you when you’re this injured ok? Oh, and file for that teacher’s Assist position for this period and you can hang out here with me and help out.” She says with a familiar smile that maybe I sort of remember but can’t quiet recall.

I rested till the bell rang and headed to the main office with Lay to turn in my slip and request the T.A. spot which was quickly accepted and headed on home with the rest of the boys. First day wasn’t a complete disaster and luckily I wasn’t messed with by any girls thanks to the being a “boy” thing. Let’s hope this continues and I don’t run into any of those boys from Lunch time.

 

Author’s Note

I know it has been a while since I have uploaded anything but I have been very busy with taking care of family matters but don’t worry I will be continuing this story for sure. I will be going through my story and fixing errors and language and whatever else needs fixing to help with the flow of this story. Don’t forget to comment and leave advise if you want, it is always welcome because I don’t know what I’m doing lol. Thanks for all your support and hope this is still interesting to you all.

Thanks so Much,

            Natsume