Oh the Cliche

When You're All Alone

I woke up the next morning on the floor with all of Vixx and I was positive I went to sleep in my bed, oh well it’s not like it’s anything new to me. As I lean over the guys to get my phone off my dresser Ravi grabs me and rolls over, leaving me without my phone and stuck under his chin trapped against his chest. I didn’t realize I had made noise as I hear a knock on my door.

“Natsume?! Is everything ok? Are you up already?!” It’s Kyungsoo.

“Hey the doors unlocked, please come in, I could use some help.” I say as I hear him clear his throat and mutter an excuse me while turning the knob. I wonder if he will even be able to see me down here. As he finally enters completely I see his eyes roam the room.

“Down here”

“Huh, ooohh umm what can I help you with?” He asks blushing, it’s cute.

“I know this probably looks inappropriate to you but they dragged me here while I was asleep and now they won’t wake up, what time is it anyways? I was trying to check when I was caught by this guy.”

“Pretty early actually, it’s only 5, you have a whole hour left if you want.”

“Yeah I’m not gonna get sleep here, let alone breathe, this guy won’t wake up for a while, can you help me get out of his grip?” I ask as he steps lightly over to me.

“What should I do?”

“Ok, I’m going to shimmy my arms and once I do that you should be able to pull me out of his grip, just grab my ankles and give a pull once my arms are at my sides.” I say as I shimmy my arms from above my head to under his grip and finally down to my side. I give him a nod to pull me, I feel him grip my ankles and when he goes for the pull he’s way stronger than I had expected and I slip right out but too fast and I bump his leg causing him to fall forward towards me.

“Whoa whoa!!! .. I’m so sorry sometimes I forget to limit my strength.” He says as I feel his chest on my hands with him on his hands and knees above me.

Oh course just as this happens I see Kai and Sehun pass my door, well Sehun did, Kai on the other hand noticed us.

“Well well, it’s a little early for that don’t you think hyung?” He says with that grin that I’ve come to hate already. Kyungsoo ignored him and helped me to my feet. I’m glad he was able to ignore him rather than get flustered, he’s more mature then he looks.

“Seriously Kai you’re so immature, I was helping her out and we slipped, anyways I’m going to get breakfast started so feel free to join us when you’re ready.” He says to me and leaves pulling a twitchy eye browed Kai behind him.

Honestly I’m surprised the maknaes are up so early, they don’t give off the most “responsible” vibe, but that’s what I get for judging huh.

****************************************

“I didn’t think you would be the first to make a move Hyung, way to go!” Kai says as he throws his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Like I said she asked me for help and we slipped, nothing more, plus there were six other guys on the floor, I’m not into voyeurism.” He says as they reach the kitchen.

“I told you that you were jumping to conclusions, that girl looks so proper it hurts, half the time she sounds like a recording let alone a teenage girl.” Sehun says as he wipes the milk off his mouth.

“So I assume you guys are leaving early to the dance studio before school? Did you wake up Lay Hyung to go with you?” Kyungsoo asks as he smacks the back of Sehun’s head and starts pulling out ingredients.

“Oww why?!”

“This isn’t your home, would it kill you to grab a glass?”

“Sorry”

“We tried but you know how much he loves his sleep, we even went to ask Luhan Hyung, that was a mistake.” Kai said rubbing his .

“He was pissed off about something and literally tossed us out, so much for taking me to get bubble tea before school.” Sehun said with a pout on his face.

“Well you guys better get going.” Kyungsoo said from the stove.

“But hyung, so hungry!!”

“You boys can share that plate that’s wrapped in the fridge, it’s supposed to be my lunch from the leftovers yesterday but seeing as I’m up early I have time to make my own so please help yourselves.” The boys turn to see Natsume enter the kitchen, she is still in her pj’s but she looks like she did her morning routine already and just needs to change to her uniform. The boys can’t help but stare as her nightwear consists of a tank top and short shorts.

“Damn Hyung and you had all that underneath you.” Kai says although his eyes never leave Natsume.

“Good Morning Nathume.” Sehun says and immediately slaps his hand over his mouth.

“Good morning to you Sehun-shi, if you guys want you can call me by the nickname I got from your hyungs. I know my name isn’t the easiest to say.” Natsume says.

“Oh is it Natsu, because that’s still not all that easy, especially for mister Lisp over here.” Kai says as Sehun walks over and bumps the back of his leg causing him to buckle forward.

“Hey, the kitchen is NOT for messing around.” Kyungsoo glares at them, they look legit scared.

“Oh no that’s not that, they used to call me Nana when I was younger, it was an inside joke but I have always found it a fun name. Please use it as I would like to become friends with you all.” Natsume says with a bow.

“That sounds adorable, we would also love to be your friends, so please call me D.O, and it’s what all my friends call me.” All Natsume did was smile, however this time her eyes did too and the boys couldn’t help but think this was the first real smile they had seen from her.

“Well thanks Nana, we will eat this on the way, oh and we will wait for you at the office, then we can walk you to class.” Kai says as he and Sehun head out the door, plate of food in hand.

“They love to dance and the school has a studio that the students can use right next to it, I guess they took the opportunity of us being here and closer to get some practice in.” D.O explains as he finishes his first set of eggs.

“Oh ok and here I thought they were being responsible.” Nana giggles lightly. Kyungsoo can’t help but feel that their relationship is already getting better and that makes him happy too.

“Would you like to eat with us?”

“Oh, no that’s ok, I don’t usually have breakfast and I hate eggs.” Nana says as she grabs a yogurt from the fridge.

“This usually ties me over till lunch time.”

“Oh yeah we have a few who are the same, next time I’ll make something so you can join us as well.”

“That’s very thoughtful, Thanks D.O.” Kyungsoo blushes at her saying his name but he’s not sure why other than he liked the way she said it.

“Hmm, seems I should head back and get ready, my presence would just make him worse anyways.” Nana says as she disappears toward the stairs.

” Oh and D.O, thanks again for your help this morning, you’re awesome.”

*********************************************

As I rushed upstairs hoping to avoid a confrontation, I head straight for my room, just as I round the corner I hear a door click, great what is this the morning of clichés.

“Good Morning Luhan-shi, D.O is downstairs making breakfast.” I say quickly, trying to be polite, ignoring him could set him off even more.

“D.O? Did he tell you to call him that?” He asks looking half awake, probably never got back to sleep after the maknaes attempted to wake him.

“Yes he did, I wouldn’t assume to speak formally unless otherwise directed to do so.” I say rolling my eyes and try to pass him but he grabs onto my wrists.

“Sehun is right you do talk like a recording, listen I’m sorry about last night I wasn’t in the best of moods and I took it out on you. Still I am curious as how you know that Ken-shi was hiding in our room, let alone be able to tell who he was hiding with.” He says loosening his grip on my wrist. I wasn’t expecting the apology, maybe being friends with all of them isn’t gonna be as difficult as I thought.

“Oh, a recording? I guess I do speak a little robotic, when I first met the elves they were still being pursued by their elders to join the clan and they taught me formal speech and it has stuck with me, please let me know and help me out so I can sound more normal.” I say completely ignoring his question.

“Oh I see, yeah no problem. I figured I wouldn’t get you to answer.” He says letting go of my wrist and looking irritated again.

“I knew he was in there because I observed everyone last night and I know how Ken is, so when I noticed his absence I figured he had to be with at least two of your tricksters. I picked a room and yours was first, I was going to check after you basically kicked me out but seeing as Baekhyun-shi pulled me in was able to see that him and Chanyeol –shi were both in here, that meant Chen-shi was in the other room, Ken would choose more than one person to pull a prank with, so I assumed he was in Chanyeol because he was sleeping.” I know this isn’t exactly the truth but I think this is believable for now.

“Ah, I get it, I’m sorry for thinking you were hiding something, it’s just that your mind is so block…” He didn’t finish his statement. At the same time I notice that the rest of the boys are now waking up.

“Ok ok D.O stop yelling your giving me a headache, we are coming geez.” A grumpy, fluffy headed Chanyeol says as he and Baekhyun head toward the kitchen.

“Morning Natsume-shi.” They say in unison as they head down the stairs, more of the rest of them also emerge from their rooms.

“Go ahead and have breakfast Luhan-shi, I’ll see you all when we head to school.”

“Huh, oh yeah ok sure, hey you can just call me Luhan, don’t use Oppa though, I hate that word.”

“Ok Luhan, than please call me Natsume or Nana if you find it easier.” I say with I smile, he asked me to be informal, a step in the right direction if you ask me.

“Ok Nana see you after breakfast.” As I enter my room I know the guys are still sleeping, I mean they are up eating most nights so I’m sure they won’t wake up till we get home from school. I can also tell that two of the wolves are still sleeping, must be the tough to wake up bunch, funny I didn’t hear D.O say anything, must be a wolf thing. When I finally get my uniform out from the box it must have arrived I have to say I’m more than a little surprised to see it.

***********************************************

“As always, your breakfast is delicious.” Suho says to D.O as he makes a little bit more food and packs it up for the two lazy bums upstairs snoring away. They won’t have enough time to eat before school so he has to make it for on the go.

*crash*

“What was that?”

“Probably hyung waking up to nobody else around and fumbling to get ready.”

*Loud slam of a door*

“Wait till he finds out we ate all the food heheh.”

*heavy stomping footsteps*

“Hey, I let you sleep in I didn’t think you would be so…wow what the hell?” Kyungsoo says as something whips by him so fast it caught him off guard

. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME HYUNG!!!”

“Hey that’s Natsume-shi isn’t it?” Suho says walking toward a confused looking D.O

“Oh man ahahaha, dude you look silly yet appropriate.” They hear Donghae say from down the hall.

“This isn’t funny, why in the world did you get me a boys uniform?!”

“It wasn’t like that I promise, they didn’t have any uniforms in stock, all they had was a boys small, they said they would give you a new one once they have some. You are entering in the middle of the semester, it was the best we could do.” Donghae says trying to hold in his laughter.

“I’m glad that this amuses you, well at least I’ll look like another pack member from afar.”

“Just deal with it today, who knows maybe you will make a friend and she will loan you one.”

“Oh yeah cuz I’m a pro at making friends, geez sometimes you’re so out of touch Hyung, even I know that this will not help me fit in.” Natsume ignores the continued snickering from Donghae and heads to the front to wait for the rest of the boys.

“Oh good morning Natsume, uh what’s with the uniform?” Xiumin asks as he meets her at the front while putting on their shoes.

“Stupid Hyun,,,Oppa couldn’t get me a girl’s uniform so I have to wait.” She says with a pout

. “Oh, well at least you can’t get in trouble with the school for it, but I’ll admit you may get picked on. Don’t worry though because we will be there and we are plenty to hang out with right?”

“Very true, thanks Xuimin-shi, I’m glad I have you all by my side today.”

“Oh haha yeah no problem, we are glad to be here too.” She smiles up at him causing her eye smile to come out, causing him to stutter a little.

“Oh hey and listen about school…”

“Ok let’s head out everyone.” Suho says as everyone also starts heading out, Lay and Kris look the most unprepared and have the breakfast that was prepared to go in their hands, so they were the ones that were still in bed till a few minutes ago.

As they headed on their way to school they passed many other students who either wouldn’t even look at them to those that were almost following them, staring constantly. So far nobody has really noticed her, it doesn’t help that when she pulls her hair into a low ponytail, it looks like she has short hair causing her to look like another boy. Plus they have strangely surrounded her, making her almost invisible to anyone who isn’t looking close enough.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you this Natsume-shi, but when was the last time you went to school?” Suho questions.

“Huh, oh well never actually, honestly I’m not even sure how today is gonna go, my plan was to stick to Kai and Sehun and just follow their example.”

“You have got to be kidding me?!”

“Seriously?! You’ve never been to school before, what were you raised under a rock?” Chanyeol says.

“OH it’s Oppa!!!!”

“They are here!!AHHH!”

“Oppa, notice me!!”

“And so our day begins.” Kris states as they tighten their formation, sticking close together in order to stay together and help keep Natsume from being seen.

************************************

“Oh, so this is what Sehun meant when he mentioned how you are treated at school.” I said as more and more of the school’s female population rush to get a first glance at Exo in the morning.

“Yup now listen closely Nana, when we get inside the school there will be a corridor to your left, the first left we pass, when we get there I want you to take it, hopefully you won’t be noticed even with how surrounded we are.” Luhan whispers to me as we head up to the actual entrance to the school building.

“You should slowly make your way to the outside of our circle and head that way till you run into Sehun and Kai, they should be there waiting to help you around today.” Kyungsoo also says from behind me.

“Alright, thank you guys, I will see you later.” I say as I slowly inch to the side of the group. I hear the girls swoon louder, maybe someone flashed them a charming smile to distract them, and I make the quick turn without being noticed and head toward my destination.

A lot of students are walking around, chatting with each other and basically just chilling till class starts. I definitely sense other SP’s at this school, hopefully my cover will be fine and I can finally get comfortable somewhere, for once. As I continue on I see girls passing me giggling.

“Seriously, they are so hot, especially seeing that they are the bad boys.”

“I know and they look so y sitting there smirking even though they are about to be yelled at by the councilors.”

“Finally man we thought that you must have ditched us after you saw what going to school with us is like and whoa what in the hell are you wearing Nana?” Kai says as he finally notices my appearance.

“Please, like I care about how popular you are with the ladies. Stupid Hyung said the school didn’t have an extra uniform in my size so I’m stuck wearing this till I can get a proper uniform.”

“This is too good to pass up, not only are you wearing a boy’s uniform but your name could go either way. You gotta pretend to be a dude for a while, plus gym won’t happen for a while with the weather, come on Nana, let’s play around”. Kai suggested with Sehun getting this glint of interest in his eyes that I didn’t expect to see on his usually stoic face.

“So this is what those girls meant when they said handsome but always in trouble.”

“Huh?” Sehun says tilting his head.

“I passed some girls on the way here saying that someone was “y” and “bad boys”, now I know they were referring to you. Let me go get my class schedule and whatever else I need and then we can head to class.”

“Oh and so you’re admitting that we are handsome and y huh?” Kai smirks, and All I really wanna do is smack it off his face.

“Come on leave her alone, go on and get your stuff Nana, we will wait here.” Sehun says shoving Kai and waving me toward the office door.

I’m surprised that Sehun helped me out there, I thought those two disliked me the most, what with them being on their phones the entire time introductions were going around. Maybe I won’t have to go through this as alone as I originally thought. Once I talked to the Main Office and got all my info I headed to class with these two idiots.

*********************

Author Note: Now this my longest chapter, I really wanted to get to school already but I wanted to get out as much info on everyone as I could, really set the stage for everything and try not to leave anything I mentioned unfinished unless I planned it that way. I seriously am honored by the amount of subscribers I have even though I think I lost one already, I really really want more feedback as to how the flow is and how the structure and writing of the chapters are going. I imagine there are plenty of mistakes within it so please please leave more comments and let me know what’s up people.

Natsume

 

P.S I’m working on drawing some sort of cover art, I know what my main character looks like so I just need to decide how I will add the boys in without trying to draw all twelve of them. Oh and if your confused about her hair its cut like the main girl in La Corda d’Oro, where it looks like short hair because of the layers but she actually has long hair.