Testing

When You're All Alone

Miyuki brought me to my room and led me to my bed.

“Hold on a second, are you seriously crying right now? I have never heard you cry before, silent tears yes but this is just shocking.” She somberly looks at me. “You really care about them don’t you?”

“I just want them to understand that I wouldn’t do anything to hurt them, but seriously this hurt. I broke down part of my walls for them and they still don’t trust me even a little bit it seems. Maybe I am supposed to be alone forever, that way nobody has to worry about whether or not I am a liar.” I say as the tears start to dry and now I’m more angry than anything else.

“Should we go destroy stuff to make us feel better?” She asks me with a sly grin.

“Did you want to go put up wards around the area first so we can be less stressed about accidently leaking our power? The ones up now aren’t strong enough to hold back both of us.” I say as I slowly open my window.

“Actually you will be pleased to know that I was given really strong wards by Kuro himself so let’s put them up as far away from us as possible, if he gets upset than that is another mark against him? Are we not leaving the normal way?” She asks as I lean out to see if anyone is below or close enough to see us leave.

“Nope we are sneaking out, but first we need witnesses.”

“Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of sneaking?” She says tilting her head at me. All I do is shake my head and point at the door.

“Don’t listen to those idiots Nana, they are being stupid!” Both Sehun and Luhan yell as they burst into my room immediately locking eyes and pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

“I know I know, but it doesn’t change how it makes me feel when they don’t even trust me enough to confront me first before spreading it around like gossip. I hate that more than anything else. So we will be playing a game of revenge.” I say with a smile.

“Is that really going to fix anything Natsume? Or is that just prolonging the problem?” Luhan sighs, thinking I am just as childish as the others.

“Nope this actually works out perfectly. We needed a stupid excuse to find out about Kuro and I think this opportunity is great. We want to go put up some extra wards toward the end of your territory, we will pretend you came up here and found it empty with a note Miyu will write, but it will leave her mate Jungkook knowing what is going on so he can keep them from freaking out. We will put up the wards knowing only he will sense them as he gave them to us. You and Sehun and Jungkook will know where we are at all times so if we need you or Kuro disappears than we most likely will have our answer.” I say thinking this was a way to get this over with before Kuro has too much time in our area to set up an attack.

“You always impress me right when I think you are about to be so childish.” Luhan grins as he comes forward and lightly pecks my lips.

“Hey don’t get used to it, she can be childish too if she wants, you will see it the closer you all become. Oh, seeing as how you are the first two up here I imagine asking you is the right thing. Who marked Nana first?” She questions eyeing the two boys in the room.

“That can wait till later, we need to get out of here before they return.” I say as Sehun gets a huge grin on his face,

“Who do you think it was?” Luhan asks as I drag her to the window after she leaves the note on my desk.

“She always said she liked older guys so maybe you Luhan? Maybe the tall one with big ears? Chanyeol right?” She asks while tapping her forehead as I hop out the window still tugging her along.

“It wasn’t me, I was second!” Luhan says proudly as he smiles at me with pride in his eyes, I didn’t know he felt so proud to have been the second one to mark me.

“Hmm, I will figure it out but let’s discuss this later, gotta go!” She waves as we land on the ground below and head toward the far end of our territory only to turn around hearing someone yell out to Miyuki.

“It was me!!! I was the first!” He yells as I blush as red as a ripe tomato, I pull Miyu behind me running faster.

“Oh really now, chosen by the maknae first huh? I must say I am surprised.” She says as she sets pace with me as we run through the forest.

“Hey, I didn’t make him mark me so I had nothing to do with who was first. Plus they are all older than me anyways, he was just the one that opened up first and gave me a chance before assuming I was trouble.” I say smiling at the memory of the first time I saw Sehun in his wolf form.

“Yeah, but you are trouble, and they still chose you so that means you found some good guys even if they are a little cranky and suspicious of everything. As you always say “Better safe than Sorry”.” She sheepishly grins at me and I can’t help but giggle at her. She always puts me in my place when I get too cautious and forget that I act just as stubborn as the other boys.

“You are right, but let’s just make them worry a little more before we straighten this out!” I laugh as we reach the far end of the forest.

“Once we put these up I don’t know what will happen, they could be regular wards or just a trap. How should we proceed?” Miyu asks me getting serious. Regardless of whether her brother was seen as a gang boss or not, we all were trained to be serious when it came to any kind of mission and knew when playtime was over.

“I will put up the ward, if something horrible happens it would be better if it was me rather than you.” I say as I take the sheets of paper from her.

“Are you sure? I think we are equally important!” She raises her voice at me. I know she thinks we are even but I am not the vessel of a God, she is so much more important than me.

“Yeah, I am worried that this could be really bad and if somehow the Collector shows up because of this than I would rather he caught me before he got his hands on a God.” I say as she steps away from me even if she is slightly glaring at me for thinking so little of myself.

“Just be careful.” She says as I start to work on our plan.

* * * * * * * *

“They aren’t in their room!” Sehun comes running down just as Namjoon and his pack walk in with the crow.

“Who isn’t in their room?” Jungkook asks as he sees the note in Luhan’s hand as he comes down the stairs behind the younger one.

“Nana and Miyu. We got into an argument and they ran upstairs to the bedroom. We followed after and found this on the desk.” Luhan says as he hands Jungkook the paper lingering his hold ever so slightly so that he shared a look with Miyu’s mate.

“Are you kidding me?! You let them leave?” Namjoon yells stomping toward the Wolf packs Leaders.

“We didn’t let them, Natsume has a tendency to run off.” Kris huffs in annoyance. “I’m sure they are off looking for trouble as usual.”

“That isn’t a fair accusation Kris, It is more like we chase her off more than usual.” Xiumin says standing up for Nana knowing that she isn’t really looking for trouble.

“Enough, we have to head out and look for them.” Jungkook says bringing the matter back to the present.

“We should split up into groups and scatter around the forest.” Luhan follows up on Jungkook’s request.

“Fine, groups of two to three pick a direction and go.” Suho says rubbing his temple at the frustration he is feeling from his other pack members along with the pinch of disappointment he feels from Nana through his connection with her.

*Where the hell did you go? This isn’t how we solve a misunderstanding!!* He yells at her through his link. Still no response from her.

“She isn’t answering right Hyung?” Baekhyun says sadly coming up behind him in a group with Chanyeol and Hoseok.

“She probably doesn’t like being accused of adultery.” Taehyung responds as he jumps into the tree above the group and starts jumping further into the forest with Namjoon slightly ahead of him. In a flash they are gone before anyone can retort.

“Geez, what are those two?” Kyungsoo questions more to himself as he groups up with Jimin and Lay.

“They don’t like talking about it, but seeing as we will be working together for I while I will tell you.” Jin says as he watches the two leave.

“They grew up thinking they were just humans, until they came across a very unusual person.” Jin continues. “And he tried to kill them both, for being failed products of the human he used to create his own clan, until he saw they were exactly what he wanted, they were Partials. Looked down on in the SN community they left their mother to save her from this harsh world.” Jin says as a few of the guys catch on.

“Dhampir.” Kai says, surprised that nobody felt threatened by having half vampires around, especially after what happened to the last one.

“We have had our fair share of trouble with Vampires.” Suho sighs as he recalls their last interaction with one.

“Oh we know, Natsume called us almost immediately after she disposed of him. I don’t know how she knew but somehow she could tell he was a part of the same clan as their vampire father. She said she would kill him again if it meant one less person around to come and try to collect those two from Miyuki.”Jimin says as he runs after Kyungsoo and Lay

“She never mentioned that to us.” Kris huffs again as he groups up with Xiumin and Kai.

“That is not her information to share is it?” Jin returns as he grabs hold of Suho while motioning toward Jungkook to head to the stream that runs behind the house.

“Wait why am I going with you two?” Suho asks trying to shake free of Jin’s hold.

“Because water is your element right?” Jin asks as Suho narrows his eyes at him. “She didn’t tell me you idiot, we can just tell.”

“How?” Sehun asks.

“Sirens.” Yoongi says as he follows Chen and Tao.

“So it’s just us huh?” Kuro says eyeing Luhan and Sehun. “Have either of you marked Nana yet?”

“No, we are close to the last that have not.” Luhan says. Even though he is lying on purpose just saying it brings an ache in his chest.

“Good, let’s go get those two so we can have more important discussions.” He says as they head in the direction the guys know the two girls went in. Luhan telling Jungkook how to get here in case they need back up.

* * * * * * * * * * *

“This is the furthest barrier from the house, almost on the border. If we place it here even I would be pissed. If this is supposed to create a pathway to our territory being this far from anything of use will surely set them off.” I say as I hold the wards in my hand.

“So let’s do this, all back up plans are in place correct?” She asks as I start to chant a few words. The writing on the paper lifting away from it to float in front of me as it spreads into long script that creates the barrier around us until the lettering disappears.

“Normal so far.” Miyu says as she watches me from outside the barrier.

Suddenly I feel my guts twist in uncertainty as the barrier that looks invisible from the outside turns a lime green shade and it starts to drip like a substance off the barrier.

“What the hell is that?” Miyu yells as she steps toward me.

“Stay back!” I yell as I avoid letting the green goo touch me.

“What is going on? This was a trap I knew it!” Miyu realizes as she let’s all her mates know that they need to head to her location. They shouldn’t be too far away.

As I stand here I catch the scent of a very unpleasantly sweet smell, I remember this smell. The walls suddenly stop dripping as the gross substance starts to gather together creating a human figure.

“Exactly who we wanted to catch, I knew your metal manipulation would be useless against my poison.” A voice laughs as the green figure becomes a face I have been wanting to see since our first encounter.

“Who are you?” I ask knowing the answer, so far our plan has worked.

“There is no need for you to know that.” A voice says from behind.

Miyu turns around to see Kuro alone with nobody else.

“It took me forever to ditch those wolves of yours once I felt you activate the portal.” He says to Miyuki. He goes to restrain her so I yell to her.

“Hide in the river, Jungkook and Jin should find you immediately.” I say as she dashes to the river and hops in.

“Oh wow, your best friend just ditched you, fitting from a fox, they can’t be trusted.” Hyuna says with a sly grin on her face. “I thought she was better than that but apparently killing me isn’t even I priority, she must not want that filthy wolf either.” She says making my blood boil.

“Now our sweet little Goddess, how about you come quietly or else we may just kill everyone in this forest.”

“I would like to see a like you try. Even if you could overpower the wolves, the Elves will know and that will be the end of you!” I yell at her and to Kuro outside as I see Luhan and Sehun finally coming into view with Xiumin, Kris and Kai on their tails.

“Don’t come any closer or we kill her where she stands, that is unless you don’t care, she isn’t your mate.” Kuro cackles as he sees the eyes of the wolves sharpen.

“Yeah but she is important to our mate and that is all that matters right?” Sehun says back as he looks at his other pack mates. Mostly they agreed except Kai who couldn’t look away from Hyuna.

“Well look who it is, my dear lovely mate!” She says in a sickly sweet voice matching that disgusting scent.

“Shut up! Where is Nana?” Luhan asks.

“Oh she jumped in the river to save herself. Not really surprising considering what she is.” Hyuna continues.

“You wish that was why.” They all hear as they look toward the voice. There stands Jungkook Jin and Suho. “She went to get us.” They say with a smirk.

“Well whatever, none of you can get in here anyways so you are wasting our time.” Kuro says as his black wings suddenly flutter and whip toward the boys, wind pushes them all back but Sehun, however the feathers he threw slashed Sehun’s cheek leaving a bleeding gash.

“Funny because I was going to say something similar.” I say with a smirk. “Because you can’t leave the way you came either.” I say as the barrier created by the wards shrinks, becoming incased in an even stronger barrier closing off the path that was created.

“You little !! I knew this wouldn’t be so easy, you must have suspected me.” Kuro’s smirk drops as his eyes turn to Jungkook.

“I never trusted you once!” Kookie hollers at him as he and his party join the other boys.

“Where is Nana?” Luhan asks Suho as he joins Kris’s side.

“We left her in the water, keeping her safe is important to me too you know.” Suho says as Hyuna starts circling around Miyuki inside the barrier.

“Why isn’t she doing anything?” Kris questions.

“That poison isn’t something Miyuki can combat, meaning it was her they were after, we failed to protect her again!” Namjoon says as he lands next to Jin, Taehyung not too far behind him next to Kai.

“What do we do, this is dangerous.” Xuimin questions looking to Miyuki’s mates for an answer.

Before anyone can answer Nana comes out gasping for breath as she pulls herself out of the river and stands next to Namjoon.

“Oh so are you going to just stand there and let the girl who has your man’s heart live?” Hyuna asks trying to get a raise out of Nana.

“Oh not at all, by all means, take him. He doesn’t trust me anyways so have at it.” She smirks as a few of the boys gasp at her words though Jongin can’t do anything but look at the ground in defeat.

“OH, trouble in paradise huh? I can’t even imagine being mated to a fox, you poor wolves are lucky you only marked her. There is still a chance to back out.” Kuro sneers at Nana as a few of the boy’s growl in anger at him.

“You know nothing of who she really is!” Chanyeol barks back as he and his group join the rest.

“Oh says the boys who just met her? I have been watching her every move to make sure she doesn’t get in our Master’s way.” He says and that sends a weird thought in my head.

“I thought Natsume was also a part of his plan?” I reply. He looks shocked, like he made a mistake and now things are getting weird.

“Of courses she is, however there is a possibility she will never become what our Master wants, where Miyuki is already a prime choice for his collection.” He laughs hysterically as a shiver of fear runs through my body.

“So you were watching Miyuki all this time, than why didn’t you attack while Natsume was gone?” Namjoon questions as he and the rest of Miyu’s mates start to circle the barrier while the wolves watch Kuro.

“Oh please, I’m not stupid, plus with them together it is like killing two birds with one stone.” He smirks as Hyuna suddenly makes a move to grab me.

“Oh don’t run princess, my poison will only hurt for a second and then you will only feel numb as we kill everyone around you.” She reaches forward and I let her grab me.

“NOO!” All the boys outside scream as I drop to the ground almost instantly after she touches me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“I knew your poison would be the perfect thing to combat her.” Kuro says making kissing faces at her. “I should kill this wolf while I’m at it so you can be completely mine.” He smirks as he eyes Kai.

“You will not touch my Pack or anyone else because you will not be leaving this area alive.” Kris growls out as he and the Packs eyes glow an angry red. A few of Miyuki’s mates sporting the same color eyes.

“Oh really, and how do you plan to proceed, we could kill that girl now if we wanted to and you can’t get into this barrier, even if you made it through the first one the ward created a barrier made from her poison, good luck as you watch us walk away while you do nothing.” Kuro smirks as his wings fly him into the air as Hyuna walks over to grab Miyuki off the ground.

“Come on pretty little princess, time to go see your new glass cage he prepared just for you.” She smiles as she drags her by her hair.

“Stop!!!Leave her alone!!” Natsume cries from next to the boys as a few of them look away in disgust knowing they can’t do anything as she harshly pulls Miyu by the hair.

“See you later lover boy, I hope you aren’t mad that I found someone better than you, surely you aren’t waiting for me, our kind doesn’t need a mate as we pleasure any that ask for it.” She smirks as Kai looks away, hurt regardless of how much he really hates her.

As he continues to drag Miyuki behind her she suddenly feels resistance. As she looks to see why she is surprised to find her wrist in a tight grip.

“I will kill you for that remark.” She hears from the body on the ground.

“Oh you can speak, I’ll just...” She doesn’t finish as she is met with glowing green eyes, the wrong color for the face she is looking at.

“You should have prayed that we never came across each other again, because unlike last time, I will end you!”

“What the hell?” She says letting go and backing up until her back comes into contact with the barrier.

“You shouldn’t even be moving, how are you still conscious?” She grits out of clenched teeth when she sees Kuro‘s body come slamming back to earth, his wing cracking as he hit the ground.

“Mission is a go!” A voice yells as they all turn toward Nana.

“Mission Start!” She yells.

 

Author note: Well here is a new chapter for everyone! I bet some are confused toward the end, if you can figure out what is going on than awesome! If you can’t all will be revealed in the next chapter. Please let me know if something is confusing or anything because I am looking for real advice here, as my first story I am looking to improve, I feel like it needs a few reviewing in grammar and maybe plot holes but I think I have done ok so far. :/

I haven’t given a shout out in a while and I know some of you deserve it for your support so:

Lofera- I am glad you feel emotion while reading, I want to make sure this isn’t boring and fluffy all the time. I love that it pisses you off that they are being stupid, I love reading stories that cause a rise in me so I’m glad you felt that toward my story.

Se_Xing- I appreciate that you commented on an earlier chapter than waiting till you got to the last chapter! I am glad something happened that made you want to comment, I always worry if I am getting better or if the story is dragging on and to see you comment earlier fills me with joy I guess so thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy!

CezzaC- Thank you so much, great readers make great stories too as your response feeds my inspiration, I think my writing is horribly flawed because I don’t plan out lol, I just start typing and see where it goes so thank you for praising that and my characters too!! You made my day!

Sf9_fanfare16- I am so happy you enjoyed this story and are continuing this journey with me, I am always willing to help out and if you are nervous about posting a story or need advice I will help if I can!