Coming Home (Updated)

When You're All Alone

     In this world, supernatural beings live right under the noses of humans. They are ignorant to the fact that all the stories, legends and myths are real and our world thrives. Many of us live just like humans, as neighbors, friends and even lovers. Befriending them in school and work as if we are no different from themselves. The more the humans believe our kind are nothing but fairy tales the better and safer it is for our kind.

      For Generations now we have lived in a state of calm. I would never say peace as most humans are unaware of the other world that walks past them on the streets everyday. However war and strife between Supernaturals is anything but calm. This world goes alot deeper then even what those informed about our kind think. Barriers and vails are used to hide away from those that wish to harm us and secrecy is a game played by all.

     I've done my fair share of odd jobs and had a few strange encounters but after years of traveling alone i decided to answer the cell phone in my pocket. I'm meeting one of the brothers at his "specialty" bar, meaning just for us supernaturals, humans can't see it unless they know it's there. He wanted to create a place where his kind could more or less be themselves rather than hiding in their human forms. My Brothers have asked for me to come and visit. I was told to come and fix the barrier around their territory but they will probably make me stay. There is a high school near here where other supernaturals go to blend in and try to find a normality in human society. I can't deny I miss being with them and having a family, although I left them for a reason, I think I can stay for a while.

    " Well this place looks homey doesn't it?", I hear someone say to shake me out of my thoughts. I've been standing in front of the bar for about 10 minutes now stalling. They enter the small yet two story building and I can hear My brother greet them. I watch as they enter the building and dissappear only slightly from my view. Thsi must be part of why they called me back home, some of the protection spells need fixing.

     " I'll be right with you" he says as he seats the first couple. " welcome to the SJ Super Show, how can I.... Natsume is that you?!, why didn't you say so?!"

     " Donghae please ..... Can't breathe..." I say as I'm almost blue in the face. He finally lets me go and starts rambling on as he carries my one suitcase upstairs, where the living quarters are. Donghae is one of the 13 brothers that found me when I was just a little girl, abandoned by my parents and left to die in a vast forest. They took me in immediately and have been loving and protecting me since i was a small child. Without them i would be dead.. or worse.

     " Are you coming or what fuzzy? Still getting lost in your thoughts, I see, or am I so handsome that you can't help but daydream about me?" He winks as I chase him up the stairs.

" You're so gross!" I yell as I follow him into "my room" for the time being.

      " I know but that's why you love me, now make yourself at home and unpack your things, I got you some essentials, it will get noisier this evening as usual so come down when you're ready and I'll have some food for you. I'm sure it's been a while since you have had a good meal, let alone a real full meal at all am I right?"

"...." I say nothing.

     "That's what I thought, now I'll see you after you get settled in." He could tell by the growl of my stomach and the look on my face, he didn't even let me say anything before he was back downstairs in his shop greeting more customers and checking on orders in the kitchen. When I called earlier he said the rest of the boys where out and about and would be home soon besides Kyuhyun and Henry who where waiters and Kangin and Shindong who are working in the kitchen.

     As I began to unpack, all the stress of wandering finally caught up with me and being in a place that feels like home I got comfortable and fell fast asleep in my new bed. I woke up a few hours later to the sound of partying coming from downstairs. I quickly changed into a presentable outfit and went to see if they needed my help. Once I came into the main room I could tell by the atmosphere they definitely needed me so I changed into an apron, grabbed a notepad and paper and got busy helping. Donghae caught me before i could take orders and asked me to bring a large party their food over in the corner.

     " Can you walk this over there for me I'm swamped!" He asked as huge trays of food were tossed my way. I took half and headed torward the huge table in the back.

     " Here is half your meals, I'll bring over the rest" I said after setting down 6 meals and heading back to grab the other 6 plates not even thinking about asking who's food goes where because there is so much to pass out. Once i had everything on the table I gave these good looking guys a small smile and told them to enjoy their food and started to walk away when a hand grabbed my wrist.

     " You didn't even ask whose meal is whose and you expect us to enjoy our food?!" One with chubby cheeks said in a rude tone, with a stare that could freeze your soul. Before i could yank my wrist from his grasp a delicate hand rested of his and he let go quite quickly.

      " I'm sorry, today's my first day and I'm not sure how the seats work, I also didn't take your order so I really didn't know anything except that these plates went to your table. I apologize for the mistake." I say as I try to get away without being rude, slightly rubbing my wrist from the unpleasant feeling. My temper can get the best of me and it has been a while since I associated with others beside my brothers. No need to blow things up when i just got here.

     "We come here a lot, I thought you looked unfamiliar. Don't worry about it, Xiumin here gets unpleasant when he's hungry. I'm sorry he grabbed you like that, thanks for the meals." Says the guy who released me from the others grip. He had an air of elegance about him and an all knowing aura that i thought put me on edge, but i didn't hate his touch.

      " Not a problem!" I smile as i pull back my arm and head to kitchen for the next orders. I can feel eyes on me the whole time I am moving about the tables. I don't know why but i feel someone knows I am unfamiliar to the area and is inspecting my scent. I alway thought my brothers were in charge of who comes in and out of the Barrier surrounding their territory. Maybe that has changed since the last time i was here.