Facing the Demon

When You're All Alone

I was blindly running through the forest, rain blocking my view as it seems to come down harder and harder. The trees rustling strongly causing me to pause in my tracks, what Kyungsoo said repeating over and over in my head, “The forest loves you.”

“Where did the Alpha wolf go?” I ask seemingly to nobody, until suddenly a path seemed to appear in front of me, the trees stretching to create a zone with little rain for me to travel down.

 ‘Thank You!”

I imagine the wolves aren’t far behind, I wasn’t thinking and just ran. I know the capabilities of the Collector, we won’t have much time if he becomes interested in you. I’m running as fast as I can, ignoring my bare feet and arms that are getting scratched by the stray branches and rocks on the ground, if he finds out where Kris’s power comes from I fear he won’t hesitate to take him, I need to do something drastic if I’m right.

*You need to stop!* I hear in my head, it’s Kyungsoo.

*Please wait for us, you are barely healthy.* lay pleads.

*I can’t, if this is what I think none of us have the luxury of waiting, Kyungsoo, you see the path?*

*I do, it is quite amazing how much this place listens to you.*

*Follow it, I will get there first, the closer I am the more I can feel Kris’s energy, hurry.*

All I hear are howling from them, acknowledging me and also trying to reach out to Kris.

When we all finally hear a response from him it causes me to push even harder, he is strained, I can tell that his howl is telling us to stay away and approach with severe caution. The second the boys hear that they immediately start howling at me, pleading with me to wait for them.

I can see the path opening up, rain pounding the ground about a mile ahead of me. I slow down, I am unsure how far ahead of me they are once I exit the protection of the trees.

“Tell me where you are hiding the girl and I will leave you and this forest alone. Heed my warning boy, I can level this whole forest, including the towns nearby.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about. There is no girl here that you could possibly find useful. You’re in the wrong place.” Kris responds through shallow breathes.

“I don’t want to kill you boy, wolves are so rare now a days I wouldn’t want to end you and risk losing a rare type from your offspring. So hand over the vixen so I can finally complete part of my collection.” He sinisterly laughs sending shivers up my spine.

*Luhan? Can you get me in contact with Kris?*

*Understood* He responds quickly.

*Kris, hey if you can hear me I need you to dig your right leg into the mud.*

He immediately does so

*Why the hell is it you? Where is my pack?*

*They are just a few minutes behind me, listen to me carefully, under no circumstances should you show your ability to him, if you do he will follow you for the rest of your life, do you understand me?*

*Who the hell do you think you are..*

*Do as I say you idiot! We don’t have the time for your stupid pride so shut up listen to me!*

*… Understood.*

*Good, now you cannot kill him, though he is not Death himself, his ability is a rare one. He was blessed by a Shinigami, he isn’t alive though he cannot die, only flames stronger than those of Hell’s can send him home, so we have no chance of beating him, Chanyeol’s flames are adolescent and will barely phase him but maybe we can trick him into thinking they are stronger than they are.*

*How do you know all of this.*

*I don’t have time now to explain but I will soon ok, I know you don’t trust me but I need you too.*

*hyung, are you alright?* It’s Suho

* The trees put us on the opposite side of you Nana, they have helped us surround them.* Kyungsoo informs me.

“I am getting tired of waiting for your answer dog!”

*If we convince him my flames are strong won’t he come after me?*

*I know that, I need a better idea, but it isn’t an easy plan.*

“Whatever you need we have your back.” Sehun says as he comes up to me, nuzzling his head into my neck.

*Let it go Luhan, I need to transform.*

*Oh hell no, that’s too dangerous.*

* I have to do something and this is the only way to do it without putting another pack member in danger!* I respond.

*What are you guys talking about, we don’t have time for this stupid humans plans.* Kris grits out, sounding more and more frustrated.

*Do it!*

I start to head into the clearing, Sehun tugging at my sleeve as I become visible to the two figures standing in the rain.

“Ah there’s my girl. I knew you wouldn’t let anything happen to your new friends. So come quietly and your men will be safe, though sadly missing their mate.”

“I am not what you think I am and I am tired of you trying to ruin my life, for as long as I can remember you have been haunting my dreams, and now you wish to kill my dream in front of me?”

“Ah yes, I have been looking for you for soo long now that I forget you were a mere kit when I first saw you, your little figure running off as I burned your home to ashes.” He devilishly smirked, trying to cause a rise in me. “But look at you now, not only have you found a new home but you have started your own pack, I’m so proud of you. Don’t leave them in the flames like you did your family”

“I didn’t abandon my family!! Why must you continue to chase me?!” I scream as I transform into my fox form. “How many tails do I have you fool?! I’m not a nine tails, now leave me and the people of this forest alone!!”

“Ah you are such a cute little thing, how I have longed to see you in your true form my dear. I don’t think you understand how important you are to my collection. Once I have you I can keep you until you do reach 100, and then so on until you are my very own Nine Tails!” He laughs hysterically.

“I won’t let you have her!” Luhan yells, coming out from their spot, my other mates behind him as well as the rest of the pack.

“Oh hoho, you think you can stop me, such a silly wolf. Don’t let her looks fool you, she is a naughty little thing. She let me kill her family so that she could escape, don’t think she won’t abandon you lot as well.”

“She would never do such a thing, you know nothing!” Kai screams back at him.

“Stop trying to scare her or make her think we will hate her, that’s already impossible for some of us!” Sehun also says on my behalf.

“Oh I can sense it, I can tell that she now has potential mates, but you wolves have given me a great advantage. All you silly wolves have done is marked her as your potential mate, none of you have claimed her correct? That means your Alpha hasn’t accepted her yet, that makes it easier for me, now I can kill you all without worrying about the affect it would have had on her had you been fully mated!” He grins knowingly.

“Shut the hell up!” Kyungsoo shouts, him and his brothers are starting to fall into his trap.

“Don’t let him get to you, he’s trying to provoke you.” I say trying to calm the wolves down, but failing.

All of a sudden the rain comes down like shards of glass, barely missing me as the wind also picks up. I look over and see rage in the eyes of three wolves. Xiumin and Suho combining their power and letting Sehun’s wind trap him in a sea of frozen rain.

“NO!” I plead as Kyungsoo uses his power to have the roots of the nearby tree stop the enemy from escaping.

“Oh dear, you seem to always surround yourself with such talent SN’s don’t you?” I hear him giggle as he sees what some of these wolves are capable of.

“Don’t even think about trying to take them from me!” I threaten him.

“Oh these little powers mean nothing, I’m more interested in the one who defeated my partner, or the strange aura that seems to be coming from a few of these wolves. What other treasures are you hiding from me my dear?”

“Alright, I’m sick and tired of this guy thinking he can toy with us!” Kris proclaims as he starts floating into the air.

All these boys seem to be ignoring the one thing I told them they must not do. It seems my only option is to protect them once again.

*Not this time Nana, believe in us and we will protect you! We don’t care if he suddenly starts to chase after us, that just means we get to spend the rest of our lives running with you, and that doesn’t sound like a bad thing.* Luhan speaks in my head as Chanyeol and Chen decide it’s their turn.

Without letting the Collector escape Chanyeol’s flame surrounds him as Chen’s electrical charge travels up through Kyungsoo’s roots, sending thousands of volts up into his body.

Not wanting to miss the opportunity I add my flame to Chanyeol’s, turning the whole flame blue, my fox flame much hotter than his.

“AHAHA this is amazing, such a flame can only come from a powerful Fox, oh the potential you possess makes me obsessed! You will be mine, along with those inheritors you introduced me too ahahaha!!” He hysterically proclaims as he slowly turns into a cloud of smoke.

“Well we survived again.” Kai breathes out as he collapses on the ground, the relief causing him to lose strength in his paws.

“I need a full briefing on every encounter you have had with this thing, and anything you have to help protect ourselves and this town from his wrath.” Kris says as he starts barking out orders for everyone.

“Hey what is this?” Kai asks as he and Sehun get close to a mask laying on the ground.

“No!! Don’t touch that!” I holler to them as Sehun reaches down to grab it. I barely have time to get my hands on the both of them before they grab it. The instant they touch it all three of us vanish in the same kind of cloud the Collector did.

“Where the hell did they just go?”

**************************

When I wake up I find myself alone. I can’t get into contact with anyone and I don’t sense them nearby, instead all I feel is dread and despair, I know where I am.

“I must say it sure is nice to see you in my display, now just stay there and look pretty while I try and see how useful your friends will be to me.” He saunters over to the door. “So just ignore it if you hear them calling for you.”

“No please don’t, leave them alone! It’s me you want, just let them go!” I beg as he leaves the room.

This is all my fault, I should have just left and never got involved with them, at least it would have saved them from this fate.

“Why do you always think so low of us?”

“Guys!?” I’m shocked, how can they be here.

“I’ve been here before.” Kai tells me.

“Huh, how is that possible?”

“This is our old territory, the one I told you was taken over by something evil. Now I know exactly what has taken hold of this area, it is death.” He seems shaken, after what he told me happened here I don’t blame him.

“Is she here Kai?” Sehun asks him.

“She is.”

“The one you marked?” I ask

“Yeah, she is here. I think she know as well. I imagine she will come to kill me to be free from my mark, we need to leave.”

“He wants to find out what you guys have that could benefit him, we need to leave before he realizes you guys are out, that alone will cause his interest.” I tell them.

“We need to find a place where i can get us outta here, I barely got us here to you, and I definitely can’t get us three outta here till we find a cleaner flow of energy. This place is filled with so much malice and darkness I can’t use my powers at all.”

“That would be the Collector, his vale of death is stronger here than I have ever felt. Let’s get outta here.”

“How, this cage is so, unbreakable?” He stops as he sees me push open the gate.

“Even if for a second, I can make someone believe they are doing something they really didn’t.” I smirk at them.

“Oh hey, that’s my smirk you’re using.” He laughs as we try and get out of the Labyrinth of hallways and rooms leading to his different collections.

“Maybe we can find someone else here that can help us.” Sehun asks feeling sick to his stomach after seeing the Collection of different Sn’s he has. Most of them are dead except the poor few that are still alive, if you can call it living.  

As we slowly creep around the area I stop in my tracks. “Do you here that?”

“I don’t hear a thing.”

“Hear what?”

“Singing, I know that voice, deep yet soft. ” I say as I head toward the noise. This has to be wrong, they shouldn’t be here.

We get right outside this hallway secluded from all the other ones. I go right up to the door with the singing.

“Finally paying attention to us huh? I thought you were going to let us rot in here like you said?”

“Oni-chan?”

“Nana? No no no, not you too?”

“Who else does he have? Where is Miyuki?”

“Relax, it’s just me and maknae, but I haven’t heard or seen him in a while. You don’t think he’s..” His voice starts to quiver.

“No no, stop, I’m sure he is trying to toy with you so he can get a hold of Miyuki. I thought he had been searching for me, when did he have time to go back to Japan?” I ask him.

“Stupid Miyu was so pissed when you left, she sent us after you. The Collector is after both of you, than you left so he would follow you and leave us alone. She wasn’t going to leave you by yourself.”

“I was just trying to give her time to enjoy being mated.”

“Yeah, she said your excuse would be something stupid like that. You were our mate too babe, we would have protected you the same as we would her, just because you weren’t ours doesn’t mean we wouldn’t risk our lives for you.”

“Ah, so she does that to everyone huh?” Sehun scoffs behind me. Obviously upset about the mate comment.

“Rescuing everyone huh?”

“Ah well no, these are my mates.” I say blushing slightly. “But we don’t have the time for this. Let me get you outta there and we will try to find our baby.” I say as I focus both of my hands over the joints on the door, as they melt away the door opens slightly from the opposite side.

“Thank you so much, let’s get outta here.” He responds.

“Let’s check this hallway, otherwise I think I know where he is.” I say as we check the remaining rooms in the hallway but no maknae to be seen.

“Ok I need you guys to take that path all the way out, my flame has been searching the area for an exit, I’ll meet you there, I’ll go to where I think they would keep someone of his talents.”

“Not again, we need to stick together.” Kai whines at me.

“I know, but I can’t let you into that area, nobody should see the things the Collector does to his favorites. Now go, I promise I will be right behind you.” I say looking at our new addition, hoping they get what I mean.

“Right, you better keep that promise or I’ll come get you.” Sehun warns me, I smile back and head toward the Collectors main collection area, where he keeps his most valuable treasures.

“Now where are you?” I ask myself as I slowly hum a tune I know he would recognize.

As I search each cage, I can’t help but wish I could save everyone, but today isn’t that day unfortunately. I come to a very dark cage, the captured creature is wrapped up in a strait jacket with his eyes and ears covered and he is also gagged.

“Save me, save me, I need your love before I fall.” I sing lowly as I remove the cloth in his mouth.”

“Are you finally going to kill me?” he asks in a hoarse voice, the collector really knows how to drive one crazy, making it hard to use one’s ability is like taking oxygen from you, it’s hard to continue living.

“No babe, I’m here to get you the hell outta here.” I say as I continue releasing him from his restraints.

“Nana?” he asks as he sees me finally, tears falling immediately. “I really thought we were going to die here. Did you find Hyung?”

“Yup I heard him singing, you know how he wishes he was you.” I joke, happy to see a small grin appear on his face.

“Hyung can’t draw people in like I can.” He giggles “Now let’s get out of this place, we have been here too long.”

“Just how long is too long?” I ask as we head back to where the path I lead the others to.

“Two months, I think. It isn’t easy keeping track of the days in this hell hole.”

“I’m so sorry!”

“Not as sorry as you are going to be when the Boss finds out you tried to escape with his favorite piece.” A voice says behind us.

“Hyuna, what an unpleasant surprise.”

“You know her?”

“She is the leader of the Succubus clan that works for the Collector. Don’t let her get a hold of you, her skin is a poison, if she touches you for too long that part of you will rot away.”

“Oh way to give up my trump card, ruining the fun.” She giggles and I can’t help but get the feeling she is more dangerous than she seems.

“I was looking for someone, but I found you instead, a rat trying to steal someone else’s cheese.”

“I don’t think you can say that when the cheese was stolen in the first place.” I smirk at her.

“Whatever, hand over the boy and I won’t tell him you tried to escape.”

“I will not because you won’t be alive to tell him.” I say as I rush forward, causing her to back up because of my sudden forwardness.

“Didn’t you hear what I said about her ability?”

“Oh I did.” I say as I stop moving forward. “That’s why I figured she would slightly retreat, she wouldn’t be used to other people trying to advance her.” I say as I slam the cage door shut in front of me, locking her inside.

“You ! Ugh if I wasn’t so distracted by that stupid wolf I would have killed you!!” She screamed at me. “I was going to kill him and be free from his stupidity!”

“I guess I shouldn’t have locked you in than,” I grit out as my eyes start to glow a bright green. “Otherwise I would have killed you myself if I had known it was you!”

“Enough Nana, we need to go!” He grabs my hand and starts running toward what I hoped was an exit.

“There you are, it’s almost clean enough here, let’s go home.” Kai says as he reaches his hand out for me. I see he already has the other two holding hands so I grab onto his along with the maknae and we instantly appear back outside the house.

“I’m so sorry!” I cry into Kai’s shoulder once we realize we are safe.

“Why what happened? What’s wrong?”

“It was her, I could have freed you if I wasn’t so distracted with getting out of there.” I cry as he brings me to look at him.

“Who Nana?”

“The Succubus, I found her. I could have released you but I had already locked her in a cage, I couldn’t risk it with her ability.” I say as the other two explain what she was capable of.

“Shh, it’s ok. Thank you so much for thinking of saving me Nana, that’s why I love you.” He says as he kisses my cheek.

“Oh wow, I never thought we would see the day huh?”

“Wait, are those her mates? You finally found where you belong Nana?”

“Yes I have.” I respond without hesitation. Proud of the men I call mine.

“Wait till Miyu hears about this. She will be ecstatic to know you finally found your mates.” The newcomers say as they shake the wolves’ hands and finally introduce themselves.

“Hi, sorry we had to meet under these circumstances, we are the mates of Nana’s best friend Miyuki.

“Oh I see, Hi I’m Kai and this is Sehun, we are the youngest in our pack.”

“Oh really, so are we though we are a strange mismatch group of Sn’s. I’m Taehyung, but I go by V.”

“I’m Jungkook, the maknae! Nana is mine FYI, I’m not sure I want to hand her over to you guys if she had to come save you. Plus she has known us longer, and I’m her first Kiss!

 

 

Author’s Note:

I know this is little short but I wanted to end the chapter with revealing who the newcomers were, hopefully my little (yet huge) hint gave it away. Once again thank you all for so much support, I keep saying this but I really mean it. I can’t tell you how nervous I was to post my own story and the worry I had that nobody would even see it. I think it is funny how I am willing to share all of this with you but I don’t even let my best friend read this story, especially after I have read the stories she used to write. She is my inspiration because I loved reading her stories and thought I couldn’t write anything that good. Anyways I just wanted to get her in the story because I have hinted at her a couple of times and I thought this was the perfect time to introduce her mates. Hope yall enjoyed it!

PS I think Kris is going to need some explaining when he finds out they are back!