Trust Isn't Permanent

When You're All Alone

Following Miyuki’s brother into the house we all settled into the large living room, Miyuki and her mates as well as mine finding spots to sit. Kazuma settled down at the head of the table.

“I am glad to see that Natsume’s mates are responsible and trustworthy. I hope we get along well from now on.” He say as Suho and Kris quickly stand and bow to him as well.

“We hope so as well.” Suho responded with a gentle smile toward me.

“I know that many of you are unfamiliar with the world of the Gods and haven’t really met anyone who has until now. I will help answer any questions you have.” Kazuma says scanning the room for anyone who had a question they needed to get out.

“How are you so well acquainted with the gods and why does there seem to be so many surrounding Nana?” Kris asks eyeing Tao, I imagine he wants him to get anything off his chest he can seeing as this was a golden opportunity for him.

“The world of the Gods might as well be the world I live in, our family has been involved with them for a very long time. Each point on the Compass has a family that is given the responsibility of inheriting the representing form for each direction.” Kazu responds.

“So why does it seem like Natsume is more acquainted with Gods than other Sn’s? Is it because she is an almost extinct type?” Xiumin steps forward to ask.

“Natsume is a special case, I assume she told you her past so I will skip all that. Her people believed that a fox born with more than two tails is some sort of bad omen, however that is not what it meant. A fox born with multiple tails was originally supposed to mean that the Sun Goddess Amaterasu had chosen that child for its potential to be her familiar. Under normal circumstances this would be considered such an honor, but Natsume’s village wanted to keep any fox with the potential to be a nine tails to themselves, hiding them away from the eyes of the Goddess, keeping them away from the sun’s rays.” Kazu states eyeing me to make sure I’m not freaking out over this new information.

“So since the beginning she was meant to be involved with the Gods? Is it similar to being the child of a God like Tao?” Suho continues the questioning.

“Not at all, a child of a God is either an actual descendant of said God, which would make them demi-gods, or they were children born with a similar power of a God so they take them under their watchful eye to make sure they don’t abuse the power bestowed to them. There are cases where children were gifted the power or their original power was enhanced by the God because they saw potential for greatness such as Tao. As a wolf, inherited powers are very unusual, elemental powers are much more common within Supernaturals because you already have such a strong connection with nature.” Kazu explains while adding “There are plenty of exceptions and variables as well but this thought is considered normal.”

“So what category does she belong in?” Tao questions with a glint in his eye, happy to finally have a bit of an explanation to his situation.

“She was born for a God, Amaterasu wanted her to replace the familiar she has had for generations, as her familiar has always been associated with foxes Natsume’s people were the obvious choice. Unfortunately Amaterasu was unaware of the clans changed motives. Natsume’s misfortune in life lines up under the saying “You can’t choose your family”. After generations of nine tails leaving to serve the Gods, the fox clan became upset at how all their strong foxes were already claimed by a Goddess as well as being upset for never getting recognition for being a Clan to the Gods. So they started telling the newer generation about the horrible fate of a child born with multiple tails rather than a sign of being a chosen one.” Susanoo says.

“Hold on? When did you learn this? I thought it was because the curse was passed on after the current holder passes on?” I say panicking slightly.

“There was a reason I was back in the Underworld, I was looking for descendants of your village under my sister’s orders to find out how things changed, I had to sweet talk Izanami as well just to get past her without trouble.” He says with disgust. “I requested their souls for information and this is what I was told. Amaterasu was pissed after hearing this that I am surprised you haven’t been summoned yet.”

“So all this time I thought I was some kind of curse to the world but I’m not?” I ask as tears just start rolling down my cheeks. This news, I’m not sure how to take it. If this is true than what horrible calamity is coming according to the Fairy King?

As soon as the tears leave my eyes I am surrounded by the wolves, all those that marked me talking sweetly while those that aren’t are looking at me a little differently than they have before. I can see Miyu smiling softly with tears in her eyes as well as her mates and I break free from my boys and rush to hug her as well as her own mates hugging me. They have known how I felt about the fate I thought I had, but now, knowing it was all a lie I can feel a weight off my shoulders.

“I told you that you had a higher purpose, that I could sense the greatness you possessed from the very beginning. There is nothing ill intent in you, meaning you couldn’t have been a bad omen.” Miyuki says smacking the back of my head as we both laughed.

“This changes many things and now I have a few questions. I thought I was the calamity that was to befall the SN World, if I am not, than what is? Am I still involved in it or was that also a lie?” I ask looking between Kazuma and Susanoo.

“I believe that you and my sister, along with your mates are the keys to defeating this calamity. However there are still too many unanswered questions in regard to this huge evil that has been predicted since long ago and I think our next step is for you to head up to the realm of the Gods and find out what the hell is going on.”

“You mean, go see Amaterasu and seek her guidance?” I say slightly frightened. “If it is true that I was to be her familiar than what if she wants me to stay? I finally found my happiness and now I have to leave it behind?”

“No!” All the wolves yell slightly shocking me that they all agreed.

“I honestly don’t think she ever intended for you to be such as she would have immediately collected you from the Elves and had you trained by her current familiar if that was the case.” Kazu says earning a grin from Susanoo.

“I don’t know what fate has in store for you, but I think my sister is protecting you from above, to make sure you are able to fulfill your purpose.” Susanoo smiles as Kazu seems to agree.

“I think you all should head back to the Forest now, it always knows when you aren’t there Nana.” J-Hope says as he ruffles my hair, causing a few of my mates to growl lowly.

“Are you guys going to come stay with us?” I ask giving Kazu puppy eyes knowing whose permission I have to get.

“I would have to say yes, only if he goes with you.” He says as myself and Miyuki’s company groan.

“Who is he?” Xiumin asks leaning toward Susanoo.

“I agree to these terms, but if he gets all touchy like he usually does I will have him returned to you, the hard way.” I growl at Miyuki’s brother. He smirks with a nod of his head as a sudden black thick goo puddles at my feet. I feel myself being pulled into it until it completely freezes over.

“I don’t plan on waiting to see if you know these people that keep showing up around you anymore, for such a loner you seem to have a lot of people flocking to you.” Xiumin says as the goo shatters under my weight.

“Now that was just mean, you could have killed me?!” A voice from above shouted.

“Well maybe if you would stop playing around all the time you would be treated with more respect.” Hoseok, one of Miyu’s mates reply.

“Oh shut up horse face, this is my mountain remember.” The figure snarls back as he jumps from the tree floating down gracefully thanks to the pair of large black wings on his back.

“Does he have to come along, wouldn’t want to leave your mountain unattended.” I say back in a rather y attitude surprising the wolves.

“Please, like I want to babysit you and your “friends”.” He air quotes me until his wings suddenly catch on fire.

“You are to protect Miyuki, not babysit anyone Kuro! I would watch my tongue before you lose it.” I growled at him watching him panic as my flames ate away at his wings.

“Alright that is enough Nana. I know you don’t get along but I trust him and I can keep tabs on all of you if he follows you.” Kazu sighs as he tries to calm the winged man down. “You know you look like an idiot right? It’s an illusion and nobody understands why you are rolling in the dirt.”

“I hate her Hyung! All she does is humiliate me all the time. I am supposed to be the inheiritor of this Mountain yet nobody respects me because of that fox!” Kuro fake cries at the feet of Miyuki’s brother.

“Kazuma helped you save this mountain before he chose it as his home and you have the nerve to at him when he gave you the important mission of protecting his only sister? You never needed help embarrassing yourself, you do it just fine on your own.” I retort as I pull him up from Kazu’s feet. “I won’t bug you if you don’t bug me ok? Now let’s go home, we have been gone too long as it is.

“You guys go ahead to the portal, I need to talk to my sisters.” The rest of the boys nod as they follow Kuro.

“Listen you two, I really am not sure about anything right now and I need answers. I know your mates will never let you go but I need you to head “up”. Something is coming and I know both of you have felt it. We need more info, more support and we all know only one person has the answers. I know you don’t want to lie to them but none of them can go with you Natsume, you are the only one we know that can summon the carrier to the Realm of the Gods, use an illusion or whatever you need to get away from your mates and find us some answers. Miyuki has to request a visit but you have unlimited access so I’m leaving this to you.” He smiles sadly at us. “Be safe my little sisters.”

We both go in for a hug and turn to meet up with the guys. Miyu gets ahead of me as Kazu reaches out and grabs my hand.

“Oni-san?” I ask

“I need something extra from you.” He says as he pulls me in close pretending to hug and mush me.

* * * * * * *

I look back and see Miyuki catching up to us but no Nana.

“Hey where is Nana?” I ask her.

“Oh umm..Kris was it? She is still talking to my brother.” She quickly replied as she rushed to her group of mates.

As we continue to wait I can feel her mates getting antsy so I head back to maybe meet her half way. As I pass what would have been halfway I start to sprint a little, this worried feeling I try to ignore pulses in my chest as I see two figures in an embrace as I reach the backdoor of the house.

“I really need you to do this for me, and be discreet, don’t want us being found out ok? Especially since I won’t be there.” Miyuki’s brother whispers to her as he kisses her cheek and smacks her as she separates from his hold.

“I promise I will be careful but are you sure? If things get out of hand do I have your permission to terminate? You know that I would gladly, never trusted any of them since the beginning.” She responds and I quickly make my presence undetectable.

I see him nod to her as she heads my direction. I quickly rush backward so I can run in to her like I originally planned.

“Oh Kris, sorry I took too long, he wanted to have a private chat with me about my reckless behavior as of late.” She hesitantly giggles as I try to act normal.

“No problem, just got tired of waiting after Miyuki showed up and you didn’t.” I say nonchalantly.

“Oh sorry.”

“…”

We walked back in silence which only made me feel worse. So she was lying to us this whole time? If she is with Miyuki’s brother than why act like our mate? If she is playing us than what will happen when those that marked her find out? If she hurts my brothers I will not hesitate to kill her.

“Look, I know that being involved with me is probably a lot more than you ever expected but I can’t begin to express how much your presence and the packs has really changed my life. I hope we can continue moving forward and get to really know each other.” She says and she seems so honest that if it wasn’t for that conversation I just overheard I would have believed her.

“…”

“Hey are you oka...”

“Shut up!!” I yell at her. “I don’t want to have to listen to your lies anymore. You almost had my trust and my lo-, you know what forget it, just stay away from me and my pack before you get us all killed!”

“Hey! What is going on?” She asks as the rest of the group comes into view.

“Nothing, I just woke up from a dream is all and am seeing clearer than I ever had.” I say as I join the pack. As she steps into the circle I growl at her and she backs off, wandering back to the other group.

“Hey what the hell was that Kris?” Suho ask as he comes to my side.

“I will explain when we get back and you all better listen to me do you understand?” I say as I release my Alpha aura and they all lower their heads a bit and nod.

I look over and Natsume is actually glaring at me, that vixen doesn’t know who she messed with and I will make sure she never shows her face in front of us again, Elves and “mate” be damned.

* * * * * *

“What the hell was that about?” Jimin, one of Miyuki’s mates question. “Did he just growl at you?”

“Yeah and he is acting like a jerk all of a sudden. Whatever I don’t have time for his mood swings so let’s head back.” I say as the portal opens and we all head through.

Once we see the familiar forest come into view I look over to see Kris still glaring at me as he hurries the boys into the house before I can even ask them what the plan was.

“You know what, let’s go to my room, if there is enough room for the Incubi than I can squeeze you guys in too. I don’t care what they say if they want to give me the cold shoulder.”

“So are you gonna tell us what Hyung said to you guys back there?” Namjoon, the leader of Miyu’s mates asks me. I eye our current company and decide to leave out our private conversation.

“You know, the usual stay safe and don’t do anything stupid talk he always gives anyone when they leave the shrine.” I say and Miyuki obviously notices my lie.

“Alright you boys and the crow head to town and pick up shopping supplies so we can feed the masses.” I say as Jungkook’s voice rings through my head.

*Did he tell you my suspicions?*

* He did and I want to inform Miyu so please take a while alright?*

*You got it*

“Let’s do meat today!!” Taehyung screams

“Like that is different from any other day.” Jin sighs as I hear more arguing even as they get further away.

“What is going on? Why the sudden change in mood from you and Kris? Something happen?”

“I don’t know anymore, I thought we were getting along so well and then he is yelling at me and calling me a liar. Whatever that isn’t important right now.” I say ready to explain what her brother wants me to do when Sehun comes from inside the house looking utterly pissed.

“Is it true?” He asks me with a sharp glare.

“Is what true? First Kris and now you are acting strange.” I say as more of my marked mates head toward us from the house.

“I don’t believe him, none of us do so please tell me he is mistaken.” Sehun says as his eyes glaze over, tears ready to spill at any moment.

“Like she is gonna tell you the truth, she has been making a fool out of us since the beginning, she won’t admit defeat until she has played us all.” Kris yells from the door. Tao and Xiumin and Kai as well as Chen by his side. Kai looks just as distraught as Sehun but he won’t look me in the eyes at all.

“Kris says you are playing us all and that you are secretly with Miyuki’s brother.” Suho says dead seriously.

“Ahahaha hahaha wait I can’t breathe ahahaha that is just ahaha!” Miyuki burst into laughter and I can’t blame her, just the thought is gross.

“That is not true at all, first her brother is married with a kid on the way and secondly just ew.” I say to them.

“Hey what do you mean ew, my brother not good enough for you?!” Miyuki half laughes half yells at me.

“What would your response be if someone told you the same thing?” I ask her.

“Oh ew that’s my brother, gross.” She says then pauses. “Ah I see what you mean. Listen Natsume is like a sister to him, he teases her more than me because they aren’t actually related but he loves her like a sibling and would never betray his wife so I don’t understand your Alpha thought this.”

“I heard what you two were talking about and he was hugging you and he slapped your !! You talked about eliminating people and hating them since the beginning so don’t lie anymor..” He didn’t get to finish because I slapped him hard.

“Is this how it is going to be, one little misunderstanding again and you are ready to dump all the trust we had. You could have asked me directly if you thought such a thing but instead you yell at me and tell the pack to ditch me because I’m I liar!” I yell looking straight in Kai’s eyes as I knew him standing over there meant he chose Kris’s side.

“Then what was the situation?” Suho asks me hesitantly, now to ashamed to even look up.

“Funny I was just about to tell Miyuki and then tell you boys after you came back down. Now I don’t know if I want to tell you because I don’t know if you will even believe me.” I say as I finally feel the tears rolling down my cheeks.

“Tell me, if they hear than they can decide for themselves.” She says as she sadly smiles at me and heads inside, brushing Kris and shoving him slightly as she passes while shoving me inside.

“So, what is going on?” She asks as we sit in the living room.

“I need to get this out before the boys come back from shopping. The reason that Kuro came is because Jungkook believes that he is helping the Collector. Not very many people knew I was returning to my brother’s home so how did he find out and so quickly. It took him three years before he even learned I was in japan so how did he know in under a month of moving here. I never trusted that Crow Clan, they always seemed untrustworthy and suspicious. Your brother wants me to keep an eye on him, make up some fake news and see if the Collector or any other of his minions make a move.” I say as Miyuki’s expression turns dark.

“That fool, evil little cockroach. His Mountain was feared when my brother found it and thanks to him they have visitors to the part that is open to the public. We saved his kind and he betrayed us!?” She starts ranting off.

“Whoa now calm down, we need him to think we are none the wiser to his deeds ok?” I say trying to get her to settle down. “This was why he had me stay behind and why he told me so closely, worried other crows could have been listening in.” I say as I finally look at the whole wolf pack.

“I told you he was a liar!!Hyung is always overthinking things and never tries to settle things, stop trying to find flaws in her! Now don’t you feel stupid Kai!” Sehun blurts out as he circles his arms around me burying his face in my chest. I stand up and lock eyes with Kris.

“I don’t know your story or really anything about you Kris as we haven’t really had time to learn each other’s pasts. However I would appreciate it if you came to me with your problems in regards to me before you go blabbering to the others without your facts straight!” I cry as tears start pouring down my face. Miyuki looks utterly horrified and quickly rushes me upstairs to my room.

* * * * * *

“I know you are trying to protect us and I know your reason for being so skeptical but I really think she is the one for us, I would completely claim her if I had it my way. I may not know her 100 percent but I do trust her with mine and the rest of the packs. I think that this type of thing will happen a lot until we all mark her. I think we are forgetting that she shared her story with us yet only a few of us have shared our own. Let’s start there and try to communicate better in the future huh?” I say once I hear Nana’s door close, the sound of her sobs breaking my heart.

“She trusted us and after everything you still didn’t believe her Hyung? I am disappointed in you.” Luhan says to Xiumin as he and Sehun rush upstairs to her room as well.

My pack looks destroyed just by making this girl upset and I don’t understand why Kris continues to look for reasons to hate and alienate her, but deep down inside I know why he does it and I know he hates himself for it too.

“Look, you guys can believe whatever you want. I don’t want to take sides so I won’t but you all need to figure out what you want to do because Natsume is a part of this pack and I will not be changing that.” I say emphasizing that I will not unmark her and they know I won’t. Not only do I not want to do so because I have feelings for the girl but because if I do and the other four reject her she could just leave with over half of my pack and I wouldn’t be able to say a thing.

“Don’t you find it weird that this kind of misunderstanding happens a lot? Aren’t you at least a little concerned she could be playing all of us for fools?” Xiumin questions.

“That sure is funny coming from you Hyung.” Chanyeol intervenes.

“What the hell does that mean?” Xiumin responds with ice in his breathe, literally.

“We all carry so many secrets, we have misunderstandings even between ourselves all the time because we are all moody damaged animals with trust issues. She is no different except she couldn’t even share the information with anyone, no pack or parents to help her sort out her teenage angst. I am trying to get you to see that she is no different from the rest of us unless you want to get down to some serious specifics.” Chanyeol says and I can’t help but smile at the boy for protecting our mate.

“Oh and what difference is that?” Kris argues back.

“Oh I don’t know? Do you have a powerful monster chasing after you so they can lock you up and put you on display?” Kyungsoo grits out

“Or how about a Realm of Gods that watch every move you make but don’t seem to know when to really help when it counts?” Baekhyun chimes in as well.

“And let’s not forget spending your whole life thinking you were some sort of calamity that is supposed to destroy the only world you have ever known yet you can’t do a damn thing because being yourself can get you in even more trouble. Spare us the idiocy and just apologize once she decides to look at you again.” Lay chides as the rest of them also head to her room.

“Kai go get all the futons out for Miyu’s mates and put them in Nana’s room. Don’t get one for Miyu as I’m sure they will share the bed.” I say as Kai goes to whine about it but I glare at him and he instantly does what I say. “Tao, help him.”

“Why do I feel like we are the bad guys?” Chen says as he looks at Kris and Xiumin.

“Because you are you idiots!” I yell at them shocking all three of them. “You better fix this before it gets out of hand. The next time you have a problem try to discuss it with everyone rather than trying to stir up you got that?”

“Yes Alpha.” The three of them respond. Kris must know he did wrong or he would never respond to me in such a way. Now all I want to do is go comfort my mate as well.

 

 

Author Note: Oh man this chapter was a tough one but I felt like the bad guy count to good guy count was uneven and I wanted to get a Tengu in this story somehow. That is a crow demon for those confused and his name means black in case any of you were curious. I really am working hard on this story and all the comments and subscribes give me strength to continue so don’t worry about that. My friend started a new story and it has been a while so I will have to convince her to get an account so y’all can read it, she is so much better at this than me so hopefully I can share a link with you guys in the future lol. I know I said I would reveal the rest of BTS’s SN identity but this chapter went nothing like I planned so hopefully in the next chapter I can share with you some more details and we can find out whether or not Nana is going to forgive Kris and those that sided with him.

PS: Please let me know what you guys think of the different perspectives in one chapter, I want to know if it is too much or too hard to figure out who is talking and whatnot as it would be greatly appreciated XD