The Whole Story

When You're All Alone

I wanted to tell Kai and Sehun more of what Jungkook meant before they got the wrong idea, but by the time we finally got in the house we were surrounded by the rest of the pack.

“What happened?”

“Where did you guys go?”

“Who are the kids?”

“Alright, everyone back up please, come to my room, we have some things to discuss.” It’s Kris, he breaks up the crowd around us so he can get to me.

“Ok.” I say as I break from everyone and follow Kris upstairs to his room, but not before looking back at the two boys I brought with me. “Take them to my room after you take them to Kangin and get some food in them. After that we will call Miyu and let her know y’all are safe.”

As we head toward his bedroom he says nothing to me, just walks straight into his room where Suho is waiting, his smile making me feel slightly less worried.

“Welcome home.” Suho says as Kris closes the door behind me.

“So a fox huh?” Is all he says with his eyebrows cocked.

“Yup, all my life.”

“I’m sorry.” He says as he bows deeply at me.

“Huh?” I say shocked by this behavior.

“I was beyond an to you, I knew you were hiding things from me, and we agreed to try and understand each other based on this and I let you down. I was so worried about you taking my pack from me that I forgot about our conversation entirely. I was blinded by hate and a bit of jealousy.”

“You were a total .” I giggle as his eyes sharpen at me.

“I think it is time we are all honest with one another don’t you think?” Suho smiles as he comes between us, a hand on both our shoulders.

“I think it’s long overdue. Let me get Luhan and he can show you.”

“Wait, what do you mean?” Kris asks.

“Ah she can’t tell you about herself, she’s been cursed.” Suho informs him.

“I have to word things very carefully to not ignite the curse’s wrath. It isn’t an easy thing to work around, it makes me seem like I am not interested in sharing about myself but the truth is I am thinking of the proper way to word it.”

“I see, must have been tough.” Suho responds, sadness in his tone.

*Hey Lu, have everyone come up, I think I will explain myself as they see it, give you all a real explanation of my past.* I ask him

Soon the sound of feet running up the stairs is heard as the pack starts to fill the room.

“I’m going to need to know just how close you are with some of my pack, not many can call them all up here without even using their voice.” Kris raises an eyebrow at me.

“Are Tae and Kookie with Kangin Hyung?” I ask to avoid Kris’s question as well as notice they aren’t with the wolves that are entering the room.

“Yeah, the Elves are mushing over them. What are they anyways?” Xiumin asks.

“I noticed a salt water smell coming from the slightly younger one.” Tao adds

“Ah Jungkook is a Siren believe it or not, inherited it from his mother, it is unusual for the voice of the Siren to pass on to male offspring but it isn’t unheard of. TaeHyung is a little unusual, you don’t see it too often but he is a Dhampir, his mother was loved by a vampire.” I say as I recall the time I spent with them while I was visiting Miyuki after she told me she found her mates.

“Anyways, you wanted me to show them?” Lu asks coming up behind me, his arm finding its spot on my lower back. “How do you want to do this?”

“I want to explain a good amount of it while you show them, I know the curse will come into effect but you can only get so much from just seeing it, I want to explain myself so everyone get comfortable.” I say as they all hop on the bed like kids ready for a bedtime story, only this is more like a horror story than a kid’s story.

As Luhan begins to show the entire pack my story I begin to narrate it, helping them understand the things they are seeing.

“I was born in a small village in Japan. We lived in a mountain, close to a shrine dedicated to our kind. The village was known for its powerful offspring, many foxes that became Nine-tailed came from our village. It wasn’t uncommon for nine-tailed foxes to exist, considering our long life line, living for 900 years was only half a lifetime for foxes. Supposedly every 100 years a fox gains a tail, once you have all nine tails you can ascend to heaven and become a familiar of a god, you become the pride of your clan.” I say with a condescending tone.

“However there is a very old legend, that if a fox is ever born with more than one tail, they will bring disaster upon their village and the entire Supernatural world. Now this Legend is known through all Fox communities, however our clan was always considered the most likely candidate for an extra strong child to be born because one had already been born before. It is considered a curse that is passed on as soon as the previous holder passes away, or is killed. If such a child is born they aren’t allowed to live if they gain a new tail within their first 5 years. The previous holder of the curse died a few days before I was born at the age of 85, never gaining more than the two tails he was born with. His death caused all pregnant mothers to worry that the next one could potentially be their child. My mother’s fear was justified, the day I was born, I had two tails, immediately I was taken away from my mother, though she didn’t protest much at all.” I say thinking back to the few times I may have seen my actual parents.

“What did they do with you?” Tao hesitantly asks, the whole room seemingly asking the same question.

“We aren’t allowed to live with our family, we basically belong to the Elders of the village. We are put in a basement type room, the only outside light comes from a small basement window, the only thing outside it is a small path leading into the forest. I lived down there till I was five, being cared for by random women that would say nothing, just come in change me, feed me and leave. My communication with other people was very limited, unless it was basic care a young child needed I was alone in this room with no one to talk to but the trees outside my little window. I was three when my third tail came in, a sign to all that I was stronger than the previous cursed fox. When this happened a witch doctor was called to place a silence curse upon me so that if I was ever captured, I couldn’t sell out my own clan. This curse is well known in the communities outside ourselves and it wasn’t uncommon for people to try and steal strong young foxes in hopes of gaining good fortune by tying us to their household. This event also meant my contact with other people became even less, now my food appeared when I woke up and was switched out every morning before I was up. I started to make the connection so when my next tail came I hid it from them, never letting it look like I had more than 3. By the time I was 5 I had 6 tails, but to them I only had 3. Around this time there was a festival being held by the Shrine near our home, bringing many outsiders near our area.” I continue as I feel tears prick my eyes remembering the day.

“Hey, I think you should stop.” Yixing says as he comes closer to me. “The curse is taking effect now, you don’t need to put yourself through this for us. “A few of the guys looking away from me, trying not to make eye contact or they may cry. The curse causes my flame to go out of control and burn me, my own power will consume me if it goes on for too long, but I have a plan to help me get through this and be the most honest I can be with them.

“Chanyeol, I need your help here.” I say as he comes close and channels my flame through his own, using his flame to protect us while filtering my flame away from me. As a flame user himself he can use his own flames as a layer of protection while also creating a flame barrier to forcefully push my flame away from my body keeping it from burning me. Unfortunately my flame is much stronger than his, giving me a short amount of time before my flame tries to consume the both of us. “Thank you.” I smile at him as small burn marks start to slash across my body, it is at this moment that I realize I just gained a new mate and we smile at each other as my flame nips his arm. My mates are closest to me and Kris seems to be making the connection, but doesn’t look like he plans to bring it up at the moment.

“It was at this festival that I was brought out of the only home I had ever known. The lady that used to change me came in the room, put a huge coat over me and dragged me out. It was freezing, the snow just starting to fall as she quickly pulls me around the building to the forest I had been looking out at my whole life. She said nothing to me and just pointed into the forest, the more I stood and stared at her she just shook her head and continued to nudge me toward the forest. I didn’t understand until the laughter and noise I heard from the festival got louder, and I realized it wasn’t laughter. I could see the Village was on fire and people were running around like crazy, the lady smiling at me as the fire burns brighter and brighter. She only says one thing to me before turning and running back into the flames. “Live” was the word she uttered to me before she headed back to her doom, the only real humane act I had ever received from anyone ever.” I say as Luhan continues to show them all my past.

“I didn’t learn till later that my village was burned down by The Collector, he had heard rumors of a young fox with three tails and came to find me, intrigued by the idea of adding me in his collection. He burned it to the ground looking for me. I like to think that she set me free because there was no point in them dying for nothing, if I got away at least the collector wasn’t successful and didn’t gain a powerful force to take over the Supernatural Community.” I say as I will forever be grateful to the unknown lady that set me free, the only regret I will ever have about my family and early life is never knowing who she was or why she did what she had.

“I don’t know for how long I walked or how I even ended up in Korea, seeing as I had little to no education and didn’t even understand the size of the world but I found myself in this very forest, barely alive and starving. The very first person to greet me was the Queen of the Fairies, she offered me food and shelter in their tree before The Elves showed up.” I smile at the memory.

“Once I was in this place I felt like it was where I was meant to be, I made a few friends and I was enjoying finding out what a real life was like. It took a long time for me to open up to the Elves, I knew they knew what I was but I was always too afraid to be completely honest with them. What if they lock me up too when they find out? It took till I was about 8 till I let them know my secret, I was still a 6 tail at this time and still unsure of what that even meant as my fam..kind never explained it to me. My Hyungs told me that I should never let people see that I have more than one tail because it meant I was more powerful than a regular fox. What I didn’t know was that once they found this out, I wasn’t a mystery to them anymore and they finally understood why I was alone out here to begin with. The Supernatural Community was buzzing when a whole Fox Village burned down overnight with no survivors or clues to what had happened, an unsolved mystery like this is always blamed on Collectors or Gangs looking to recruit strong SN’s and it was left at that.” I say as one of the worst memories is about to come up.

“Around the time I turned 13 I gained my seventh tail from all the training my Hyungs had put me through to help control my powers. Actually this was when I gained the nickname Nana. Remember how I told you guys it was an inside joke between my Hyung’s and I? Well now I can explain it to you, Nana was perfect because not only did it come from part of my full name but it is also seven in Japanese, a joke to the amount of tails I had.” I laugh at the memory, Kibum being the one to give me the name.

“I was so glad to know what it meant to be a part of a family and I loved it so much I would do anything to protect it, and when my first chance to do so came along, I failed.” I can feel the tears building up already as I showed them one of the worst memories of my life. “You know the Elves are missing a brother correct?”

“Uh yeah, they don’t talk about him but I have seen pictures around with an extra member none of us recognized.” Kris responds.

“I have heard that they go pay respects to him in March, I remember because it is so unusual for an Elf to die in the way that we understand, I heard that the afterlife for an Elf is different than anything else.’ Xiumin adds.

“Ah yes, even I am unsure of how that works considering the unbelievably long lifeline of their kind.” I respond as they all look toward Luhan so he knows to continue.

I stop talking as Luhan shows them what I can’t even comment on because it hurts too much. Gasps are heard from those that had not seen it get.

I look up to see an unreadable expression on Kris’s face. He has seen one of my biggest failures, now if he kicked me out even I wouldn’t blame him. I feel a hand grab onto mine and I twitch, afraid the person who touched me would burn from the flame that is leaking out around me. I relax when I realize it was Chanyeol, trying to bring me back from my despair as he smiles at me, my flame nipping at his arms as he continues to help me filter the out of control flame. I have burn marks all over my body now from the curse, Lay inching closer and closer as he tries to heal me.

“I wouldn’t, you cannot heal wounds inflicted by my own flame, but I would appreciate it if you could help Chanyeol.” I warn him as I notice my flame starting to climb higher up Chanyeol’s arm as he winces. I need to speed this up for the sake of everyone around me.

“I was just with Hyunsu, near the cave behind the waterfall when an unknown figure appeared. We ignored him for the longest time and just continued to hang out. It wasn’t unusual for SN’s to pass through this Forest, always coming to my Hyungs and paying their respects and checking to see if they could live under their protection. We figured he was doing the same, until Hyunsu accidently pushed me off the top of the waterfall and Kibum showed up just in time and caught me before I hit the ground. However in my fear my tails appeared, my body naturally trying to use my powers to protect myself.”

“That figure was the Collector wasn’t it?” Kris asks recognizing the figure, even just a memory and he still shivered at the sight of him.

“It was, and he seemed so overjoyed to finally find his run away fox that he tried to take me right then and there even with a powerful Elf and a goblin by my side. I don’t remember much as you will see. Kibum and Hunsu barely kept him from getting me, I just wanted to help but they wouldn’t let me, instead Kibum forced me to hide in the cave so I wouldn’t get in the way and that the rest of his brothers were on the way. I should have listened to him, but I was so worried he would get hurt because of me, that they all would get hurt leaving me behind and all alone again. I heard the rest of the Elves arrive so I peeked out and in that instant he had me by the neck ready to take me with him. The second his hand held me my flames released, the fear I was feeling sending my powers out of control, this is why a fox that hasn’t even matured to their 100 years is too young and emotional to live with the raw power of a multi-tailed Fox. I was able to get away but my power was quickly spreading and if they didn’t do something soon I could have burnt down the whole forest. In an attempt to stop me Kibum entered the burning hot ball of blue flame I had become, when he reached me I saw I was hurting him and I managed to control the flame. I had hurt someone I cared about and I was in such shock I didn’t notice the Collector jab a small knife into the side of my Hyung. Quickly the rest of my brothers ganged up on him and forced his exile using the powerful barriers they created. I was in such a shock that I didn’t even register what was happening around me, all I could do was stare at my hands covered in blood until he reached out and grabbed my face to look at him, smiling and telling me he loved me before he passed on.” I say as tears are streaming down my face, my mates trying to comfort me but my flames kept them away.

“What killed him?” Suho asks trying to understand how an Elf could be taken down so easily.

“It was a magically forged blade, a part of his Collection I would imagine. The blade was said to be so sharp nothing could stop the bleeding or fix the wound. The knife was known to kill many immortals, Kibum didn’t stand a chance to survive it, even with the fact that elves heal much quicker than humans and even other SN’s.” I say as I recall the Hyungs trying to explain it to me while trying to console me at the same time.

“Did they blame you?” Kris hesitantly asks me, looking at me with such pity and a little bit of understanding as well.

“They didn’t have too, I was doing enough of that on my own. None of them ever said it to my face but I remember hearing Kyuhyun Hyung crying and saying if I had never showed up nothing like that would have ever happened. I don’t think any of them knew I had heard him, and I didn’t stick around to hear their response to him. I left, just like that I took a few things and decided to free them from the curse that was me. I couldn’t sit around and watch them hate me for being there and I wasn’t going to wait around for them to kick me out.” I say as I let out a huge sigh, getting all this stress off my chest and out in the open was liberating yet frightening at the same time.

“Well you seem to be on good terms with them now, when did you guys reconnect?” Chen asks.

“Oh, well I didn’t really get very far to be honest. They found me and brought me back, they all were crying and again I felt like such a jerk but I told them why I wanted to leave. Most of them protested until Leetuek Hyung told them to let me go. They were so pissed at him they walked off, than he explained to me why he was letting me leave.”

“So they didn’t want you to leave but you got sent away anyways?” Baekhyun scoffs and I can’t help but smile at his reaction.

“Oh no, they didn’t kick me out.” I say as I watch them react to the conversation between me and the Leader. “He told me that he had never been so hurt when he saw I had left, he didn’t want to lose two people in the same week. I told him how I felt about being responsible and how I didn’t want to stay around to watch my family die for me. He sighed and patted my head, he told me that if I wanted to leave I could, but not because he wanted me to, he said it more along the lines of letting the bird leave the nest. He told me he had trained me well enough and that I was as knowledgeable as they were. I was at the same intellectual level as any nine-tailed fox and he wasn’t afraid that I couldn’t handle the world, he just feared me doing it alone. He told me of a group in Japan that I could go to, I would find people like me there and learn even more about myself if I returned to where I came from.” I grin as I think of the two boys downstairs, I wouldn’t have met them or my best friend if it wasn’t for this advice he gave me.

“After that I pretty much traveled around till I reached the home of Miyuki’s brother Kazuma, the leader of a group of misfits. I stayed with them until my Hyungs called me back, asking me to stay with them while they had things to do with the elder elf clan.” I say as Luhan finally gets to stop as he sort of loses his balance and has to lean on Sehun for support.

“I’m sorry you had to do that, I know it takes a lot out of you, especially to so many people.” I smile at him as he reaches out to touch me but I flinch away.

“Don’t wanna burn you.” I say as I let go of Chanyeol’s hands and he pouts at me for it.

I’m almost in a trance as I head to the back door, my flames reaching out around me but I do my best to contain it near me, like a blanket of flame around my body. As I pass the kitchen Jungkook and V see me heading out with the pack seemingly yelling at me as they follow behind cautiously.

“Hey , I would stand back if I were you guys.” Jungkook advises as he sees me standing in the backyard with my flames reaching upward as the rain pours down on me.

“Hey she should get out of the rain, she’s going to get sick.” Suho chides as he starts to head toward me.

“Oh I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” V says as he reaches a hand out to stop the wolf from joining me.

“Why?” Sehun and Kai seem to snap at him, only causing the two to smirk back at them.

“Oh you will see.” They both respond.

As the rain continues to fall around me I feel nothing but the burning of my own hot flames. This is a moment I always look forward too after I tell my secret, it is a scary yet liberating feeling that I only have experiences twice so far in my life, when I told my Hyungs and when I came clean and told Miyuki.

“This is going to be good so you all should watch and be honored to see this. This is why the Gods know of her existence, it has put her on their radar as a possible familiar. Miyuki says they talk about her all the time ever since she released this energy back at HQ.” Jungkook tells them as they seem to be eagerly watching me, a glint of excitement in their eyes.

“I had never seen anything as beautiful as this other than our own mate.” V smiles as Jungkook nods in agreement. “After this we named her our honorary mate.” They say in unison gaining a few growls from the men around them.

“Oh there she goes.” Donghae says from behind the boys, the other few members still in the house also watching. “I haven’t seen her do this since she has grown up, I bet it is even more beautiful than before.”

Suddenly the flame around me seems to explode, causing concern to fill the wolves watching for the first time. If it wasn’t for all the reassuring comments from the others they would have tried to do something. As the flames start to change shape they can see two glowing green spots within the flames as the barrier around the house starts to pulse like it is about to pop. Suddenly a burst of hot heated air gusts past all of them, almost sending some on their asses. Once they can finally look back at me they can see me in my full glory, seven beautiful tails swaying behind me, fox ears on my head as blue flame orbs dance around me as the boys are mesmerized by my emerald green eyes. Before the guys can say or do anything Donghae steps out into the rain with Henry, Eunhyuk and Kangin following behind him. As they approach me one of my blue flames leaves from around me to float around them instead.

“Hello, my dearest brother. So good to know you are still protecting our little sister.” Donghae says to the blue flickering orb of fire. They smile as tears start to stream down their face.

“What the hell is going on?” Chen asks in confusion.

“Ah well you see, fox flames used to be confused with lost spirits or will o’ the wisps and people used to think the flames were just a sign of ghosts looking for the afterlife. Well the truth is that some foxes belong to the God Inari, and they help spirits find the path to heaven, the blue flames are a beacon to lost spirits guiding them to the afterlife. Seeing as Natsume isn’t an Inari Fox or any messenger of the Gods yet it would be unusual for her to even know of the act but for some reason Nana tried to guild her Hyung to Heaven without any training, this is another reason why the Gods know of Natsume and why the God of Time seems to mess with her from time to time.” Henry says as he remembers seeing her flame trying to lead his brother spirit without her even understanding what she was doing. Chronos was pissed because Kibum’s time was up and by becoming her flame he in short restarted his time as a new being and without his permission, so he blamed it on her.

“Kibum’s spirit wouldn’t go anywhere so instead he became a part of her flame and helps protect her as well as help her lead spirits to their finally resting place.” V informs them. “She is not a fox under Inari but as she has met with Izanami, the Goddess of the Underworld, they have a mutual understanding and Nana sends spirits that she comes across to her in exchange for keeping the spirit of her Hyung with her. Izanami isn’t the nicest of Gods and she can be a little clingy so it was this pact they made together that lets Kibum’s spirit to stay with her without becoming a malicious spirit. I feel it necessary to tell you that for Nana, even with the horrible upbringing she has had she is still a potential ninetailed fox, her involvement with the Gods is not unusual or strange. They contact her from time to time as their connection to the human world.”

“How do you know all this?” Kris questions them as this feeling tightens in his chest, a low rumble escaping his lips as he tries to ignore it. However he can see that a few of his brothers must be feeling the same as low growls leave their mouths.

“Well there was a reason that Leetuek Hyung sent her to our mate’s brother, but that story is for another time.”

The flame leaves my brothers to again float around me as the wolves approach me. My mates waste no time in nuzzling me, finally able to get a real whiff of my scent, causing a few to let out little howls of joy to finally know more about me.

“So you really aren’t a ninetails?” Suho asks me.

“I am not, though seven tails is still a lot I haven’t gained any more since I was 13. My Hyungs believe that something major has to happen for me to gain my next tail. I can’t even imagine what that means for my future but after such a long time, I’m not too worried about what’s to come if it means I get to continue being with you guys, I hope we can get along from now on.” I say as I bow to the two leaders hoping that we can get passed all this misunderstanding and finally become friends.

“I guess this would be the point where we all have something to tell you Kris.” Luhan says stepping forward. Lay, Sehun, Kai, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol joining him. The all bow very deeply in front of him before Luhan speaks again. “We have marked Natsume as a potential mate, we all feel she is the one for us and I hope that we can fully claim her soon.”

“So you all feel this way, how about those who have not? Do you feel that she could become a potential mate for you?” Kris asks looking at the other boys.

“I would be proud if she was our mate, though we haven’t spent a lot of personal time together I know she is a good person and she has already put my brothers before herself.” Xiumin says smiling at me. Honestly I’m shocked that he would say such a thing, as the eldest in the group his opinion is held very highly by the whole pack.

“I felt like she was going to be important to us the moment we met, I just wasn’t sure in which way. I can’t think of a stronger person to handle all of us.” Chen responds with a killer smile that brings a smile to my face as well.

“Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t marked you yet, I already feel like you belong with us.” Baekhyun says as he comes up and kisses my cheek, earning a strong blush from myself and right then, he marked me. “Ah see, much better!” he says as he joins my group of mates.

“I would have already too, but I think I can’t do it until Kris Gege does, it wouldn’t feel right to do it before him. Nana has already earned my love after she saved me, I just can’t seem to do it until I get permission from Kris.” Tao whines as he looks up at Kris with puppy dog eyes.

“And how about you Suho, you are also Alpha and would have to agree with me as well before I make a decision.” Kris says turning to his co-leader.

“Honestly Hyung, I really liked Nana when she first came here, I felt like she belonged with us almost instantly. But somewhere along the line I found myself hating her and I couldn’t place this anger, until now. I think I wanted to mark her as well, but after you started to get suspicious of her my feelings turned to hate because I was so hurt that maybe she was just messing with all of us. Now I know she is the one for us and I’m ready to start living a life with you all and Natsume as our mate.” He says and tears prick at my eyes. I had thought he really hated me and would not feel so strongly about this. He smiles at me and I can’t help but smile back at him, happy to finally get along with the whole pack.

“Well seeing how you all feel I cannot deny you this right, however I will not just blindly mark her myself, I think we all need to start over, without all the lying and hiding. Then I will decide if I also feel that she is a potential mate.” He reasons with everyone and I find nothing wrong with his decision.

“I have a question though.” Sehun interrupts.

“Yes?”

“What is the difference between us marking her and us claiming her? I thought we mated for life so why would we be able to only mark her as potential as if there is another option?” He asks, confused as a few others gave the same questioning look to their leader.

“Well, actually this is a good time to explain this to some of you.” Xiumin responds for Kris, patting him on the shoulder because he could tell this conversation makes him uncomfortable. “We all know that our kind mate for life, however when a wolf goes for so long without even a hint of a mate in their normal day to day they start searching for any potential mates and mark them so as to keep other searching mates from taking her. Even so I still don’t think that is what is happening here.”

“So does that mean you are just settling with me because nobody better has come along?” I ask, this conversation putting me on edge. What if I’m just a last resort for these guys and not the one they have been looking for? However when I ask this a couple of the guy’s growl harshly at me, to my surprise Lay comes up and nips hard at my ear.

“That isn’t funny.” He responds looking angry.

“I would say that isn’t the case here. You see, we are a strange pack, one of the largest of our kind and full of wolves that all have the potential to be Alphas, but once we all found ourselves we grouped up and made Kris and Suho both the leaders, a softy and a hard , you know to balance us out.”

“You mean every single one of you could be a leader of your own pack? How does that work, I mean wouldn’t you all be trying to overthrow one another or be at each other’s neck all the time?” I ask shocked by this news.

“I mean we kind of are but not in a dominant way, more just in a sibling fight sort of way instead. The Elders told us that it doesn’t happen very often, the last such pack being theirs.” He finishes.

“Do the elders have multiple mates? Or just one?” I ask curious as to how I ended up with more than one mate. “Is it unusual for a pack to share a mate?”

“Well I guess since we promised to be honest, I have to tell her Luhan.” Xiumin sighs as Luhan growls at him.

“Tell me what?”

“The Elders have been around for a long time and are also a group of all Alphas, they are the only other pack we know of that had a single mate. They look after the entire Wolf Clan, not just region to region but all wolves around the world and they trained us for a long time and taught us how the dynamics of this strange pack works once we finally found each member. The stress of finding a mate is strong for an Alpha, it shows dominance over the other pack members and it provides them with someone to share their stress with as she will become an Alpha female. The battle is rough and after all this time we had figured none of us would ever find anyone worthy of our pack.” Xiumin finishes as Suho interrupts him.

“Which actually brings us to another issue, Luhan I think you should say it as I think you are right in her not having any clue.”

“Really, this is the conversation I wanted to skip, my ability is enough to make up for it.” Luhan pouts.

“Still she deserves to know and Kris needs to be told as well.”

“Will someone speak please, what is it?” Kris asks getting impatient.

“Kris, the reason we have been having a communication problem is because of Natsume. I wasn’t able to talk to her just because of my ability, she is linked to everyone that has marked her.” Luhan says

“But that shouldn’t happen until she is approved by the Alpha!” Tao and Chen complain not quite buying it.

“Yeah, we know. I was shocked at first too till I figured it out. We are all Alphas, even if we try to stick to the format of a normal pack we are not. Now I think this predicament means that we do respect you two as our leaders because we couldn’t fully claim her but it did affect the packs system.” Luhan continues.

“This is my fault again isn’t it?” I ask looking apologetic at the two leaders.

“It is but I don’t think you would have known, we didn’t either.” Luhan reassures me.

“You see Nana, usually when an Alpha chooses a mate she gains his status. Now we only marked you as explained earlier so you shouldn’t have gained access to our group link, which you didn’t, instead you created your own link with just us that marked you because you are already a female Alpha.”

“Huh? I am no Alpha, I’m literally less than the runt of the litter here, how is this possible?” I question, shocked to hear such a thing.

“Maybe it has something to do with the strong potential in you for becoming a Ninetails that gains you a higher status, we aren’t really sure and we know you don’t have a clue either but it is the truth, you are an Alpha female.” Luhan finishes

“So you are all a part of her pack in a sense, because I can’t contact any of you, you guys don’t even flinch when I try.” Kris says with a sigh.

“Yes, because we are all Alphas, when we marked her it brought on confusion because she was already an Alpha and we technically only register you two as Alpha so when we marked her she became our Alpha. We see ourselves as lower than Alpha so she was higher than us in a sense and our legion changed. We are sorry and never thought this would ever even happen.” All my mates say as they bow to their leaders. I quickly do the same feeling I owe it to them even if I didn’t know.

“I’m not mad surprisingly, after hearing and seeing your story I realize you don’t know about yourself and didn’t have someone to guide you like we did, and we are still confused so don’t worry about it.” Suho says as Kris nods in agreement not looking mad at all.

“So now we can start over and really learn about each other, I hope we can take care of one another!” I say bowing to all of them. “I am sorry for the trouble I have caused you all up till now, I can’t guarantee that it will ever end but I hope together we can overcome it.”

“WE hope so as well!” They say in unison as they bow to me too.

 

Author Note:

 

I feel like this would be the end of a first book if it were structured that way. I had some trouble writing all this and I hope it still matches everything I have said up to this point. I want to go back through and fix everything at this point but I don’t want you readers to think you will need to reread the whole story so I may just go through and fix spelling, grammar and really long running sentences that get confusing, cuz apparently I do that a lot.lol

Let me know if you like the background I set up for our heroine Natsume, sadly I don’t think that is everything, just what she knows of her past. She was too young to understand everything so I think her life is more complicated than you think.

If the God stuff is confusing please let me know, I really don’t want people to be confused, let me know and I can look at it from someone else’s eyes and see where I may have confused you or left out something I thought wasn’t necessary to what I know but would be for you who doesn’t. IDK I really am just kinda going with the flow on this one.

Thank you so much for the love and support and let me know if I should actually start a new story as a sequel or something!

Natsume