1st Mission

When You're All Alone

Before anyone could respond to their yelling the barrier holding Hyuna and Miyuki completely filled with a green smoke.

“You thought I only had to touch you?! Well jokes on you, in small places where I can use my poison as a gas nobody can escape me!” She throws her head back in a triumphant laugh.

“, how do we get to her?!” Hoseok asks while a few of her mates are banging their fists against the barrier.

“That won’t work, she has to kill Hyuna in order to escape. I know Miyuki hates doing that the most, she will go to Master!” Kuro breathes out heavily with a smirk on his face, blood trailing from his mouth.

“You bastard!!Let her go, she is ours!” Her mates scream as the wolves still eye Natsume as she circles the barrier ignoring everything else.

“Do you even care? You are supposed to help protect her!” Jimin cries as he grabs her wrists. I shiver runs up his spine at the contact. “Wait, what in the?”

He doesn’t finish as the sound of an explosion causes everyone’s attention to return to the barrier. The original barrier is still intact, protecting those outside but Hyuna’s barrier is in pieces, green ooze all over the place.

“I can’t see ! What the hell just happened?! Miyuki!!” Sehun screams as the smoke clears. The two girls are still there but look beaten and bloody.

“What did you just do?!” Hyuna screams but not at Miyuki. She is staring at Nana as she continues to pace the perimeter. All she does is point at herself with a surprised expression before holding her arms up denying her claim.

“I will keep her occupied, hurry and put her out so we can take her!” Kuro hollers as he rushes to Nana.

“Come on little fox, try and stop me from taking your friend!” He lands a solid punch to her face. The wolves’ growl in anger as they try to surround Natsume protectively.

“We will watch over our mate!” Suho yells eyeing half of the boys. “Help Miyu’s mates get through that barrier.”

They look at Nana and she still seems to be ignoring them, watching Miyuki instead of even caring that she was just punched in the face.

“Don’t you dare do anything stupid.” She mutters to herself.

Suddenly everyone is fighting. Nana is inside the circle of wolves as they keep Kuro from touching her. Kris’s flight ability helping keep his ability to fly from being an asset.

Miyuki is on the defensive, trying to keep Hyuna from touching her as she dodges everything she throws at her. Miyu’s mates along with a few of the wolves trying to find any weakness in the barrier.

“Why can’t we get through, if one of you made it just bring it down!” Jin yells as he continues to strike at the barrier, only succeeding in tiring himself out.

“Because than her poison would kill us all, the barrier is the only thing keeping Hyuna from being at an advantage.” Nana says as she continues to just watch Miyuki.

“Are you going to help out at all? We are trying to protect you and your friends and you aren’t helping one bit!” Xiumin growls out at her. He thought she would show off her powers again and everything would be solved like every other time.

“You don’t understand a thing do you?” She says as she shakes her head and lightly taps the barrier. It shutters at her touch. “I can’t make her take it down even if I told her not to be reckless. Apparently she has beef with that woman.” Nana says as Kai is surprised by her words.

“Shouldn’t you have issues with her? I thought you wanted to free me from her grasp!” He yells feeling hurt by her uncaring attitude.

“Oh, so that’s why.” She mumbles. Kai was about to retort but the wolves finally had Kuro under control.

“You can’t stop our Master! He will have what he wants whether you stop us today or not!!” He yells as Tao strikes him in the neck, knocking him out cold.

“I will not fail my mission!!” Hyuna screams in frustration, tired of Miyuki evading her attacks.

“Time for a last resort!” She says as her skin starts to glow the same eerie green as it forms what looks like sharp needles of poison. She starts shooting them at Miyuki as she tries to escape their path until at least three strike her; two in the left leg and one in her right shoulder.

“Haha! Now you can’t move, you are mine!” she says as she approaches her. Sending a swift kick to her gut.

“No!! Come on we have to do something please!!Miyu!” Her mates are desperate as tears stream down their faces, even some of the wolves are acting as desperate. Those that marked Nana know how important Miyu is so they continue to do whatever they can.

“I will be taking your best friend Nana, and maybe I’ll come back for my pretty little mate, I can at least play with him till I get bored.” She laughs as she roughly pulls Miyuki by the arms.

She drags her across the ground until she suddenly feels resistance. As Hyuna turns to see what failed attempt the girl was using to try and stop her when she hears a light laughter coming from outside the barrier.

“Now I was worried for a second that maybe you won, but you should have kept your mouth shut.” They all hear Natsume say with a grin that they don’t understand.

“You will never touch what is mine again,” They hear Miyuki mumble as her arm reaches out for Hyuna’s neck. “or anything else for that matter.”

“Fool you shouldn’t have been so reckless, touching me on your own.” Hyuna smirks, until it falls from her face, once again looking at a pair of glowing green eyes, the wrong color. “What is going ahhhhh!” She doesn’t finish her sentence as her entire body is engulfed in blue flames.

She crumbles to the ground still screaming as the blue flames spread out, burning away any remnants of the poison.

“You ! You tricked us all!!” She screams as the flames grow hotter until she is nothing but a pile of dust.

Immediately the Barrier is down, but nobody makes a move. Her eyes don’t stop glowing as the blue flame climbs up her arm surrounding her as well. I few of the boys gasp and lurch forward but stop as Nana joins her and grabs her hands, immediately engulfing her in flames as well.

When the flames subside both girls are standing in the same place, yet their positions have changed. Miyuki is standing there where Nana was and vice versa. Everyone seems confused until Sehun notices that the damage that was on Miyu is now on Nana.

“That was an illusion!! What in the hell were you thinking?” Suho yells as he finally catches what is going on.

“I told you not to do anything crazy!” Miyu says smacking Nana lightly but regrets it fast as Nana’s balance fails and she crumbles to the floor.

“I never expected to run into her again so quickly, I couldn’t miss this opportunity. Plus, one less person on his side to worry about.” She says with a forced smile as all of the boys surround them. Quickly hugging their mates and checking for injuries.

“I’m sorry I didn’t help you guys, if I made any move to help our cover would have been blown.” Miyu says bowing lowly to everyone.

“I knew something was up the second I touched you, my body only shutters like that when I touch my mate.” Jimin smiles as he grabs her hand in his, the same shutter going through the both of them.

“We both figured that if this ward was meant to catch me, whatever happened would only be a disadvantage to my abilities, not Nana’s. Kuro must have been here to deal with her while Hyuna was supposed to be my opponent.” Miyuki explains.

“I came up with the idea to switch identities. Kuro is unaware of how strong my illusions can be. It was the perfect plan. Even if it didn’t succeed at least they wouldn’t have Miyuki in their grasp.” Nana explains as well, trying to stand up.

“Stay, if you try to move I will never forgive you!” Kai yells as he brings her into a bone crushing hug. “I would rather be her mate forever than to see you get hurt because of me!” He continues to cry on her shoulder before looking her in the eye and kissing her hard on the lips. All of his brothers have tears in their eyes, happy to see Kai finally free from the Succubus’s curse.

“Did you just?” She didn’t finish as he kissed her again.

“Yes, I finally marked you like I wanted to in the beginning!” He says again as he hugs her close.

“Alright, let me take a look at her now. How are you not being affected by her poison?” Lay asks as he kneels down and starts with her leg.

“Oh well I had a thin layer of flame covering my whole body, it didn’t stop me from being pierced but it kept the poison from entering my bloodstream by burning it off.” She explains as she pulls the needles from her leg, telling Lay if he touched them he would be poisoned as well.

“I am never surprised with you.” Luhan say as he lightly pats her head. “Even when the plan goes array you still find a way to be ahead of everything.”

“I must remind you,” Miyuki says placing a hand on his shoulder “We have been heavily trained by my brother. Natsume is his best student besides me, he would never put us on a mission he didn’t think we could handle.”

“Wait a minute? You knew?” Kris questions.

“The plan was to use the excuse of them running off to test whether or not Kuro was a spy. Natsume knew this argument was the best scenario, she had Sehun, Luhan and I in on it as your reactions were needed to not tip off Kuro. She was very strategic about this and informed only those that needed to know, don’t get pissy just because you weren’t who she chose to tell.” Jungkook explains as well as defends Natsume. Sometime lying and being sneaky are essential to finding out the truth and he didn’t want them to use that as an excuse to be angry with her again.

“This was your plan?” An uneven voice said as all turned to Kuro as he regains consciousness, glaring daggers at Natsume.

“It was our plan.” She responds head gesturing toward Miyuki, Jungkook as well as Luhan and Sehun.

“Master warned us not to underestimate you, we should have listened to him instead of following Hyuna’s advice about you.” He says as he hisses at Natsume. “What did you do with her?”

“I ended her. Miyuki may be hesitant on killing but that doesn’t mean we would wait even a second to get rid of somebody who is threatening our loved ones.” She replies just as Lay finishes healing her leg.

“No No No!!” He screams as his one good wing flaps and feathers circle around him and scatter in all directions. Everyone quickly moves to deflect them except Lay, too distracted by his healing to notice the feather heading straight for his face. In a quick move Nana flips her position, bringing Lay’s face to her chest as she blocks him with her back. The feather is deeply imbedded in her back as she hisses in pain.

“Nana!!” The wolves scream as Kuro smirks in satisfaction.

“I am positive you were unprepared for that! It was laced with the strongest of Hyuna’s poison, I will see to her final revenge!!” He starts laughing only to stop when he sees only red eyes glaring at him from all around.

“If we didn’t need you, you would be DEAD!” Suho screams as he reaches at the crow, punching him nonstop as no one moves to stop him.

“No, this is bad really bad!” Miyuki says rushing to where Lay is frantically calling Nana’s name as he reaches to pull out the feather.

“DON’T!” She yells as she griped his hand. “The whole feather is infected.”

Sweat is quickly gathering on her face as her body starts to absorb the poison. Lay tries to heal her but he is exhausted from already healing part of her wounds. Her eyes are drooping and her head rolls to the side as more poison leaks from the feather into her body. Miyuki’s mates are starting to panic.

“Chanyeol, please.” She whispers as Lay yells for said boy. He quickly kneels beside her.

“What do you need babe? Anything at all just please be okay!” He grabs the hand she holds out to him. When their hands touch they are engulfed in her blue flame.

“Remove it quickly.” She mutters as he immediately pulls on the feather, surprised at the resistance.

“It won’t come out!” He says in frustration as a few boys grab and help him pull it out. Once it is removed they quickly toss it away as the green ooze from before slowly seeps out of her wound.

“, how are we going to remove the poison?” Sehun and Kai question as Lay looks helpless. She won’t let him touch her.

Before anything else is said Jungkook quickly pushes the boys aside as he pulls Nana into his embrace.

“Do it Kookie, that poison is no joke, it is destroying her insides the more it spreads.” Jin says as he joins his side.

“No, what if it hurts you too?” She says lowly as her hand touches his face, slightly pushing him away. “Don’t let him Miyuki!” She begs her friend who only smiles sadly as she nods for Kookie to continue.

“Just like old times huh?” He smiles as he pushes the hair from her face and brings his lips to meet hers.

Nobody moves, regardless of what he has to do, that doesn’t matter if it heals her.

As their lips separate the green ooze is surrounded by water in front of them, no longer inside Nana as she reaches for Taehyung.

“Put this in one of your vials, It could come in handy later.” She huffs out as she goes limp in Jungkook’s arms.

“I told you, she just loves kissing me!” He smiles as the ooze he collected enters the vial Taehyung had on him.

“I would kill you, if you didn’t just save her life.” Suho slightly growls as Sehun and Luhan can’t help but let out a laugh.

“Is this what you meant by being her first kiss?” Luhan smiles at him as Jungkook smirks back.

“Man I knew you had to be something to be her first kiss, and all this time it was because you had to save her? Man you got us.” Sehun retorts.

“After that incident is when she learned that keeping that layer of flame over her skin in a fight could come in handy.” Taehyung replies as he studies the green substance now in his vial.

The boys start heading back toward the house, Miyuki in Hoseok’s arms as he babies her. Natsume is being carried by Chanyeol with Lay keeping a close eye on her. HE stumbles as Nana reaches out to him.

“Someone help this stubborn wolf, he is exhausted and still trying to worry about me.” She laughs as she squeezes his hands in hers. “Thank you Lay, but sometimes the healer needs to be healed too.”

He laughs as Suho comes alongside him to support him as they all walk back to the house together, Xiumin dragging an unconscious Kuro with them.


Author's Note: This chapter is unedited

This took a while to write, im worried that i may make Natsume seem too strong or like too smart but that really is the type of character she is and we will see more as we learn about the type of trainung he and Miyu did with Kazu. Let me know if you feel the same and want her to get into more damsel in distress situations or if you like how she is. Thank you so much to all my readers out there and for sticking with me, i am really looking for advice here, I know this story is flawed and I am just looking for you! The readers help in wheather this is even worth writing and if it is where I need to improve. Some of you have been so helpful and I am so grateful! Till the next chapter peeps!