When S**t Hits the Fan

When You're All Alone

 

When I woke up the next morning I was alone, though I wasn’t surprised based on the security of late. I would imagine they left to meet up for patrol duty.

Right as I think this the slider to my balcony opens to reveal a sweaty Xiumin and Chanyeol.

“Good Morning Nana!” Xiumin smiles at me, though there is mischief in it. He comes over and pats my head before leaning in to whisper to me. “Someone wants to apologize but is nervous.”

“Morning Chanyeol.” I say as a tired looking Lay enters the room.

“Oh no I got here first!” Xiumin yells as he rushes to my bathroom with Lay reaching out to stop him from getting there first.

“Damn!” Lay shouts as he bangs on the closed door.

“What is going on?” I ask Chanyeol

“Ah, the Hyungs had us up extra early for some training after all the recent disturbances they decided we were falling behind and needed to work harder.” He informs me as he seems to become less rigid and relax next to me on the bed.

“I’m next in line here ok?” Lay says as he snuggles under my blanket and is immediately knocked out.

“Physical activity is Lay Hyungs enemy.” Chanyeol laughs as my door opens again to reveal more tired sweaty wolves.

“You’re too late and he’s next.” Chanyeol says pointing at the lump under my blankets.

“ I told you Xiumin Hyung was heading in here, man lame.” Kai huffs as he plops on the rug on the floor. Sehun following him.

“I would ask where Baek is but seeing as you all are in here I guess he got to the bathroom before you.” Chanyeol slightly laughs. “You know he hates being sweaty.”

“Yeah and Kris Hyung is using their bathroom and Suho is using the main one we all share. Baek stole the bathroom in the elves space that they told us we could use.” Sehun informs us.

“Didn’t my Hyungs tell you to start moving into their rooms so you guys were less crowded in this section, and just leave two rooms, one for Henry and the other for Eunhyuk and Donghae to share?” I question them.

“Yeah and the Hyungs are just waiting till the other three pick their rooms before we decide to choose because two of those rooms on the other hallway also have their own bathrooms.” Lay mumbles form under the blanket as he sits up after hearing the water shut off in the bathroom.

“Are you all waiting in here to use my shower?”

“uh yeah.” Was the reply I got from everyone.

“What are you guys doing?” Comes a voice from the hallway.

“Good Morning Kyungsoo,” Was all I said.

“Morning, are they all in here to steal your shower?” He asks.

“Apparently so, though I don’t mind.” I smile at him as he also enters the room. As he does so Xiumin exits the bathroom with just his towel around his waist.

“Geez Xiumin at least…” Kyungsoo was about to finish saying as Lay heads in himself.

“You are going to need a towel.” Xiumin shouts at him, just to have Lay stick his head out the barely open door, pouting my way.

“Fine I’ll get more towels and leave it on the toilet for you ok? Don’t lock the door.” I sigh as he smiles at me, his dimples almost too much for me to handle.

“I’ll get it for you Nana, don’t worry about it.” Comes a voice from my door again.

“Oh thanks Chen.” I say as he enters the room with a handful of towels. Obviously preparing for the amount of showers that are taking place.

All the while Kyungsoo is watching and I can’t help but giggle. With all these guys in my room and how comfortable everyone seems with each other he must be surprised by how well I am taking their grossness or manliness as Luhan usually refers to it.

Before I knew it we are all talking and relaxing with one another as they take turns using my shower and leaving my room practically . As more and more guys finished and headed to their rooms to change I noticed a surprise set of boys stayed, and one even came in to join the rest of us.

“So have they done it yet?” Baekhyun asks as he comes in with a towel in his hair though he is all dressed.

“Wha what do you *Cough.” Is all Chanyeol can get out before he turns red and starts chocking as Chen sighs next to him before helping him catch his breath.

“Do you always have to sound so inappropriate?” Chen asks as he smacks hard on Chanyeol’s back.

“Life’s funnier that way.” He smirks as another person enters my room from across the hall.

“Hey, it’s ok if I put this back in here right?” It’s Tao with the PS4. As he asks the question all eyes are on me, and I finally understand. This is them apologizing for all that went down the other day, even though that feels like a long time ago with all the things that have been going on.

“Of course it’s ok.” I tell him but look at all of them with a smile as they see I am accepting their apology.

“Cool so let’s never have a stupid fight like that again and just talk it out and stop assuming .” Chen smiles as they start reconnecting the system to my TV. “And thanks a lot for buying that game, you’re awesome.”

I just smile as I see Suho and Kris exiting their room and coming over to my room. Here we go I guess.

“Hey Natsume can we talk to you?” Suho asks in a more demanding tone than questioning.

“No no no, she needs to shower since we all used it while she waited.” Tao says as he ushers Kris out while the later has a strange look on his face. Suho goes to intervene when Chen steps up to him.

“Yeah, let’s leave the girl alone, she has to deal with all of us and her own issues, give the girl a break.” Chen says as he also ushers Suho out the room as the other two follow them out.

“We will take care of this ok? I won’t even let them bring up you leaving because that isn’t happening.” Baekhyun says as he also pats my head on the way out, a Chanyeol nodding in agreement next to him.

A little shocked by the affection I was being shown I failed to notice the way Kyungsoo was staring at me from the doorway.

“Finally getting along with everyone huh?” He asks smiling at me.

“Finally and now I’m facing eviction.” I sigh as I pray the guys can get the leaders to agree to let me stay.

“I don’t think it will be a good idea for you to leave though, the forest would be so upset if you weren’t here anymore.” Kyungsoo says as he looks like he is slightly distracted by something.

“What do you mean by the forest? The people living here? Because I know a King who would be happy for me to leave.” I slightly giggle ironically, thinking the King of the fairies probably thinks I’m the calamity that will befall this forest and I’m not so sure that’s a wrong idea either.

“No, I mean the forest itself, the trees and the grass even the water surprisingly enough.” He laughs.

“I don’t think I understand.”

“I know, actually I have known for a little while now, but I didn’t want to scare you away if you were trying so hard to hide it. After your visit with the fairies, when you ran away the tree was so worried it was calling for anyone to find the Fox and to protect her.” He confesses to me.

“All this time I thought your power was strength, but I guess I was mistaken.” I say totally shocked by this revelation.

“Honestly most people do, even I had originally thought the same thing until I found out where the voices in my head were coming from.” He says and I can see pain in his eyes, maybe he thought he was going crazy when he first heard the voices.

“So is it Nature, or plants, if you don’t mind me asking.”

“Ah yeah no neither of those, its earth, which includes both those. My strength depends on the health and what not of the area I’m in, this being our home it is where I am the strongest.”

“I see, that makes sense.”

“Honestly I feel I knew about you before you even came here, from the moment we entered this Forest, all it does is speak of its owner, which I thought was the Elves. However the moment you showed up the forest seemed to become lighter, more protected, that was when I realized that the incomplete feeling I got from my surroundings was because you weren’t here.” He explains.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you all about who I am, I could list plenty of excuses but the truth is that I was more worried about protecting myself than anyone else. However that is no longer the case.” I smile at him. “I have become rather fond of you wolves, even with all the misunderstandings and arguments I wouldn’t want to have never met you and your brothers.”

“Yeah and I can see that the feeling is mutual between most of my brothers, though you need to work a little harder to earn our Alpha’s trust.” He grins at me, implying he knows about the fact that some of his brothers have marked me. “Don’t worry, Kai told me, he was so jealous he needed someone to vent to.”

“Oh, well I can understand that, I’m sorry though. I hate when someone finds out and it wasn’t from me, it always feels dirty or like I didn’t want to tell them. I hope you understand that isn’t the case.” I say feeling bad that I wasn’t there when he found out, even if I can’t tell someone with my own words I at least want to be there when I have someone else tell them.

“Not being able to tell someone about yourself must be horrible and I don’t blame you at all, I’m happy you aren’t mad Kai told me.”

“Oh I’m not mad at you, though Kai could have told me he told you.”

“So you are aware that my Hyungs want to get rid of you right?” He asks me.

“Oh yeah I heard that conversation before heading out to finish off that cocky vampire.” I say smiling at the fact that I ended that prick.

“Woah, what do you mean you did?” He asks as I get into telling him about all the things that had gone on the last couple of days, shocking him as he was mostly clueless about them.

“I can’t believe this, all that and you are still putting up with the way our leaders are treating you, I’m so sorry about all this.” He smiles sadly at me.

“Hey, don’t worry about it too much. I know they are under a lot of stress too with all the intruders lately and I’m extra baggage, I  realize that and I’m doing my best to be less trouble but it isn’t quite working out the way I had hoped.” I sigh dejectedly.

“Well I am glad we are all mostly on the same page here, you fit in so well  with us and I think we all enjoy having you around, even the Alphas do though they don’t show it as much I know they don’t hate you or anything.” He says.

“Honestly that conversation about kicking me out pissed me off so much, I even discussed things with Kris, I did my best to show him that even if I wasn’t being completely honest with him, it wasn’t my intention to do so. I feel like I made the effort and he didn’t follow through on his end but whatever, if he wants me gone that bad I’ll leave, I don’t want to ruin anymore families.”

“Huh?”

“It’s not something I wish to discuss.”

“Oh hey it’s ok, I don’t want to make you uncomfortable, I just don’t want you to feel you have to leave because they said so, remember that the Elves told us to protect you, not kick you out. I’m surprised the Hyungs are willing to do this anyways. I mean we are here thanks to your brothers so to all of a sudden just tell you to leave while they are busy seems like an act that would get us kicked out before you would.” Kyungsoo says in a harsh tone.

“I guess you are right but to me I feel more like a burden than anything else, plus I have such a dark past that is still chasing me and some have already attacked and put you and your brothers in trouble, this is why I have been running for so long, I’m afraid.”

“Afraid of what?” He tentatively asks.

“Afraid that after all the stress and loneliness I have felt through my life will continue, because every time I seem to find a shred of happiness or joy, it is taken away from me, and it is always my fault. Maybe I am just meant to be alone, it’s the safest way for me to live.” I say as I fight back tears.

“Can you call that really living?” He asks as his eyes seem to water as well.

“I would rather live a life not worth living than to have a life that ends with everyone I care for dying just because they know me.” I sigh. “I understand what you are saying Kyungsoo, my brothers have had this same conversation with me multiple times, especially after what happened to Kibum and that I need to stop running. But I would rather run forever and only see those I love briefly, than to stay with them for my own selfish reasons and watch them die because I couldn’t live without them.”

“Well I understand, but that is very selfish of you, don’t you think?” He says to me with tears streaming down his face. “Did you ever think that maybe the people you continue to leave behind feel that they would rather risk their life to be with you, than to live a life without you?”

“…” I have never once thought this way, maybe because the idea of someone wanting to risk anything for me was beyond my thinking.

“I’m sure that some of my brothers would feel this way if you left just like that. I think even I would be upset if I didn’t see you come help me with breakfast in the morning like you have been on school days.” He says as he grabs hold of my hand, reminding me that he really was one of the first in the group I truly got along with naturally. “You need to realize that you are worth so much more than you think you are and that what you do now will affect a lot more people than you ever imagined. You are our mate, that makes you a part of our pack, and we would never stop looking for you if you disappeared.”

He leans in and brings my forehead to his.

“Our mate?”

“Yup, our mate.” He says smiling as I wipe away the tears on his cheek, while he does the same for me.

***********************************

“Seriously Tao we need to speak with her, what has gotten into you?” Kris yells at Tao as he and Chen usher their Alphas out of Nana’s room.

“And we aren’t going to let you, look hyungs, we don’t want you to kick her out.” Baekhyun says with Chanyeol closing Nana’s door behind him, Kyungsoo still inside.

“Oh so you ignored her before and now you want her to stay, what has changed?” Suho grits out, his patience wearing thin on his brother’s disobedience.

“Yes Hyung, we ignored her because we had a fight, just like anyone would, but we have reconciled and got over our misunderstanding rather than just throw her away like you plan too.” Chanyeol responds, finding it hard to believe Suho is having a hard time understanding this. Being a leader of 10 boys isn’t easy and they have all had times where they were pissed or angry at each other and ignored one another.

“Watch your tone Chanyeol!” Kris barks at him.

“Everyone needs to calm down!” Xiumin yells coming back from downstairs.

“Sorry.” Chanyeol responds.

“Look, a lot has changed since the last conversation and I think a group discussion is in order, not just a leader meeting ok?” Xiumin suggests. The last meeting was just leaders, and the older guys including himself, whose decision has changed a lot since that talk.

“Fine, I have some questions for a few of you boys as well.” Kris huffs as they all call for a meeting in their room.

*******************

“Well, it was fun chatting but I gotta go, it’s meeting time.” Kyungsoo smiles as he kisses my forehead and heads out the room, an angry set of leaders glaring my way as the door slowly closes.

*There’s a meeting?* I ask Luhan.

*Yeah they called everyone into the room, we will make sure you aren’t asked to leave ok?* He answers.

*Thank you Luhan.*

*Don’t thank him, we are all going to fight for you.* It’s Sehun.

*Yeah, and damn girl, congrats, he’s a keeper.* I can imagine the stupid smirk on Kai’s face as he tells me.

*Would you all shut up and get in here please, before things get heated. Oh and wake up Lay.*

*Yes sir Satansoo* Kai responds and I can only hear laughing.

* We will talk to you later, and no ease dropping, go do something yeah?* Lay chides me, knowing I was planning on listening in.

* I understand, I’ll go for a run or something.*

* Oh yeah, because that went over so well last time.*

*Tsk, fine I’ll just go downstairs and hang out with my brothers. Jerks.*

All I hear after that is them giggling.

*******************************************

“So, now all of a sudden most of you want her to stay?” Kris asks his brothers.

“Not most of us Hyung.” Baekhyun replies. “All of us, except for the two of you.”

“Really? So before you couldn’t care less about her, but she goes and puts us in danger and now you all care for her?” Kris spits out.

“For the last ing time Kris, she didn’t do anything wrong!! That girl saved me. If I had been out there by myself that Vampire probably would have just killed me, thanks to her distracting him I was able to make it so we both could escape, even if I paid a price for it, it was a lot cheaper than death.” Tao yells out, tired of being Kris’s excuse to hate the girl.

“So what? Did that girl offer you her body, is this why you guys all of a sudden want to keep her around? Disgusting.”  Suho grits out shocking most of the guys.

“That thought is really disgusting Hyung, that girl hasn’t done anything but accept us so why are you getting so upset over an accident?’ Sehun says more pissed than ever that he would accuse her of such a thing.

“Because she is causing you guys to forget who your loyalty lies with! That girl caused Tao to unleash his power, whether it was her fault or not, you maknaes stayed with her rather than coming to support Tao, I can’t have someone around that will break us apart, you know I can’t go through that again.” Kris yells out, his voice shaky though no emotion is prominent on his face but anger.

“If anyone is causing that it would be you. Maybe if you paid more attention to what we tell you rather than presuming you would have noticed some small details that could have answered any question you had about her.” Luhan states looking just as angry. “That night as you gave Tao your room so he would be alone, he spent the night with her and Sehun, because she didn’t cause Tao to do anything and he felt bad that everyone was treating her like . Or how about the fact that her and Baekhyun got into an argument, did you even know about it, no because they handled it themselves and even if he hurt her, she didn’t or ask him to be removed from HER home.”

“What are you talking about?” Suho asks, surprised to hear about something he didn’t know about.

“We argued, and I basically called her what you are accusing her of, a . I seriously pissed her off so she got all sarcastic with me and I attacked her, I burned her good Hyung, but afterward I explained to her why that set me off, we understood that we were both at fault and now she is my friend. I wouldn’t expect that from anyone, and she treated me with respect when I deserved none so please don’t bad mouth her like that.” Baekhyun pleads, tears threatening to fall.

“I’m sorry Hyung but I get the feeling that she is important to us all, I want to tell you something that I feel would really turn the way you feel about her.” Tao says standing up to face his leaders.

“Don’t Tao” Luhan tells him.

“Nana isn’t a human.”

“Excuse me?” Suho questions as all eyes fall on Tao, some hoping he won’t say too much.

“She knows of the gods Hyung, she took my punishment, I told you remember, while I was still experiencing the pain I told you to stop him. I meant Chronos, the guardian of time. She wasn’t throwing a tantrum when she slammed the door, she was getting his attention.”

“She can see the God’s that have bestowed their power to others?” Kris asked, shocked to say the least.

“Yes, and she asked him to give her my punishment because it was due to her inability to tell us the truth that caused me to use my powers. Nana went above and beyond to right the mistake you all solely blamed her for, even when it wasn’t really her fault.” Tao says as some of his brother cringed at the fact that they had given her the cold shoulder for it.

“How could she withstand the pain that you go through when it happens? She should have been screaming all night, yet I heard nothing from her. Please Tao do not lie to me just to make me like the girl!”

“I’m not…” He stops as Lay puts his hand on Tao’s shoulder, taking over the conversation.

“As you know I cannot heal Tao when this happens, my power does not surpass the will of a God. Natsume was in serious pain and I offered her the pain pills that Tao said took the edge off, lucky for us all Miss Victoria came with a very strong Witch’s Brew that really helped her through it.”

“Is this all true?” Finally looking over at Suho they see that he is looking quite regrettable.

“Yes.” They all respond.

“Look, as leaders of the pack we really respect you guys, and we aren’t asking you to like her or anything, we just ask that you think about the consequences of kicking her out. Natsume has been running from something for a long time, and now she finally has a chance to come home and we want to kick her out of it, the Elves will most likely be utterly pissed at us and could end up kicking us out instead.” Luhan says, hoping that at least one of these hardheaded Hyungs will open their eyes.

“I guess we were being a little extreme with her, we just thought she was trying to break us apart.” Suho sighes, feeling guilty for trying to kick someone out of their own home.

“She isn’t the one causing us to fall apart, your attitudes are, as a pack full of wolves that were looking for a place to belong, I’m surprised by your unwillingness to let her in. I am positive that she has had a lot worse of an experience finding her place in this world than any of us ever did.” Kyungsoo says.

Although they all see Suho’s change of heart, Kris wasn’t so easily swayed.

“That’s just it though, you all are forgetting that she doesn’t have a place in this world, she isn’t one of us. I don’t know if you guys are clinging to her because she makes you feel human or whatever it is she does to you, but stop trying to make her fit in with us, she just doesn’t.” Kris gits out, tired of his brother’s unwavering support for her.

“I already told you hyung, she isn’t exactly human, and she was raised by the Elves in our world, even in her travels she is always in our world, rarely has she tried to fit in with Human society, stop acting like you know her, for someone who hates being judged this way you sure have no problem dishing it out.” Tao says angrily at Kris, unable to suppress his disappointment in his favorite Hyung.

“She knows Hyung.” Kyungsoo says

“Huh?” Kris responds.

“I was with her this morning, she knows you want her to leave, that and the boys around her were honest about it. She respects you both as leaders and doesn’t want to cause a rift between any of us, so she told me she would leave if it meant the arguing among us would come to an end.” Kyungsoo confesses hoping they will see that Nana doesn’t disrespect them or think they aren’t looking out for their pack.

 “Yeah, that or she won’t be leaving alone.” Sehun mutters under his breath.

“What exactly does that mean Maknae?” Kris questions, more pissed off than before. Everyone in the room sighs, Sehun’s temper is hard to control sometimes.

“That means Hyung, if you don’t stop treating that poor girl like I might just leave with her if you kick her out.” He says confidently, surprising a few of the guys.

“Oh yeah, you would walk away from your brothers for a girl, she must be pretty good huh!?” Kris yells, a few of the guys bracing themselves for his blow up. “Does anyone else feel this way?”

“Honestly Hyung, I would go with her too. Not because I want to leave this pack, you guys are my brothers and I would follow you to the ends of the earth, but I really feel like Natsume is a part of this pack as well. I would follow her because I think you are being unfair, and I can’t in good conscience let you treat her that way, regardless of who or what she is.” Kai responds hoping that his input on the girl will throw any ideas that she is their mate away from Kris based on Kai’s predicament.

 “How many of you feel this way?” Suho asks in a calmer tone, seeing that this arguing was causing the boys to lose faith in their leaders.

All of the boys raise their hands, even though some of them are not her mates, they still feel that she has been treated unfairly since the beginning and that she does belong with them.

“This is unbelievable, fine, I won’t ask her to leave. But if anything else comes up and she is involved than I will make the decision myself and not bother asking for your opinions, alright?” Kris huffs and heads out of the room, leaving it full of smiling guys.

Well it’s still raining outside so everyone go about your business and we will meet around the evening to set up patrols for tonight.” Suho instructs as the guys file out of the room smiling,

“I think this rain will do me some good.” Suho says as he heads downstairs.

****************************** 

“So, what brings you down here tonight?” Henry asks me as he hands me a hot chocolate I had ordered when I came down to the restaurant.

“Oh, pack meeting, so I thought I would come hang out with you all.” I respond

“Oh how nice, we thought you had replaced us.” Kangin jokes coming out of the kitchen with a cookie for me.

“Hey now, that’s not funny at all hyung, nothing could replace you guys, plus, they definitely aren’t my brothers.” I say making a gross face.

“Oh yeah, Victoria told us. We told you those people were lying to you.” Henry says sadly.

“Those people? You mean my parents?” I laugh sarcastically.

“Please, don’t ever call them that, they weren’t even good people let alone parents.” Kangin says with venom in his voice, disgusted just speaking about them.

“Sorry, I know how you guys feel when I bring them up.”

“Hey, they are dead, they can’t control you anymore, the life you have is yours and no one else’s ok? Freedom is a luxury you earned after how they treated you.” Donghae says coming in from the basement.

“Freedom, what a nice thought hyung, living on the run isn’t what I would call freedom.” The word leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

“Sorry.” Is all he can say.

“It’s ok, I didn’t mean to belittle the freedom you guys have provided me or say that my actions haven’t really helped the situation either.”

“Hey, we understand. We just hope you can find a reason to fight, and stop running. A reason strong enough to keep you from hiding the beauty that you are.” Donghae says, a sad smile on his face. Eunhyuk coming up after him “We can’t be here for you like we used too.”

“I know, you guys are ready to accept the responsibility bestowed upon you, I think it’s time I accepted that I need to face what lies ahead as well, or nothing will ever change. But Hyung, I have a confession.”

“What is it little sis?” They ask in unison.

“I’m scared more than ever.”

“Why, when you finally found a place where you fit in, a place to call your own, and people who want to share their lives with you. People who love you for who you are and are willing to do anything for you, and in a way that isn’t brotherly.” Henry says wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

“That is why I am scared, what if I can’t love them the way they need me too. What if I’m so messed up that I can’t give them what they want, what they deserve?” I confess, tears pooling at the corner of my eyes. “I love them so much already, and I’m so scared at that fact. I have never experienced this kind of love, what if I mess it up and they never want to see me again? Can I really make so many people happy when I can barely bring myself happiness?”

“Oh Honey, you and those boys have had some terrible pasts that you will have to overcome for the rest of your lives. The road for you guys is a long and rocky, with more misunderstandings and petty fights, but that is life, there is no easy or perfect road. I know it is going to be hard for all of you, but hopefully the love you share will be stronger than anything else that you have to face down the road, and together you will never be alone.” Donghae preaches, holding me close as he tells me these words of wisdom.

“I know you think you don’t know how to love them but answer me this, why would they love you if they didn’t like the feeling they get from being with you as well? Don’t be afraid, and don’t hide your feelings from them, now is the time to learn more about each other and share your fears and doubts with them so you can overcome them together.” Eunhyuk says smiling though there is a tear rolling down his cheek.

“Thank you, where would I be if it wasn’t for your love and guidance, I love you hyungs!” I say as we all hug each other.

“We could say the same thing little one, now go and finish that up while we get back to work.” Henry says as he hears the bell to the door open.

“Thank you guys.”

As I sit there enjoying my drink I can hear cheers from upstairs, than I see an angry Kris storm out into the forest, probably going out to vent his anger based on the cheers from upstairs. I get up to follow him out, before I get off the front porch a hand grabs my shoulder.

“I wouldn’t, unless you got a death wish.” It’s Suho

“He really shouldn’t run off by himself, especially in a blind rage. We aren’t having the best of luck when people keep going off on their own.” I say

“Well you aren’t wrong, but he can handle it, he needs to sort out his thoughts.” He smiles at me.

“So, does he hate me even more now?” I sigh. “Do you hate me more now too?”

“I find you more of an annoyance than anything else, but I think that of my brothers too sometimes.” He laughs. “I shouldn’t have treated you the way that I did, for that I’m sorry.”

“I should apologize as well, I wasn’t being easy to deal with either.” I smile. “But honestly I never am easy to handle.”

We both giggle at that. He stops and stares at me.

“I thought I liked you on the beginning, then suddenly that feeling changed and I’m not sure why but I hope it doesn’t happen again. Let’s get along from now on!” He reaches his hand out to me.

I take it in my own. “Yes, let’s start over.”

“Now I just need to convince the Dragon, which I think will take more time.”

“This is true, but his friendship is worth it. He may seem harsh but it is his way, he knows what a horrible life is like and he is just trying to protect his pack from any more pain, even if this time it may have backfired in his face.” Suho thinks as he walks toward the outside covered patio. “Follow me would you?”

“Sure.” I respond as I fall in line behind him.

Once outside he heads straight to the edge of the awning, one step away from being covered in rain.

“I love the rain.”

“I’m not its biggest fan but that’s because it is connected to a not so great memory.” I answer him. “But it is beautiful and necessary.”

“You didn’t grow up here?” He asks me. “I guess because they call you their sister I thought you had been with them since birth, but I guess seeing as you aren’t an elf that you aren’t a biological sister.”

“No, I met them when I was young, five years old I think.” I smile at the memory. “They found me wandering their forest looking for shelter from the early winter snow. I wasn’t very sociable than either, though I have been getting better at it. Anyways we aren’t even a little bit related. Our Relationship matches that of your pack, though we are not related, we love each other like siblings and protect in the same manner.”

“I see, can I ask why you were alone at five years old?”

“I was planning on telling my story to the both of you leaders, but I will answer your question for now, I just have to choose my words carefully, it isn’t easy for me to talk about myself.” I say internally laughing at the seriousness of that statement. “I was, more or less abandoned by my family, since I was born actually. They pretty much sent me away, so I wandered around for what seemed like forever until I found myself here, this peaceful place was like nothing I had ever known, and they took me in and taught me what it really means to have a family.”

I waited for him to respond, but he just stared at the rain, I couldn’t read his expression because he didn’t have one, he just continued to stare at the rain as it started to come down harder and harder.

“I’m, I don’t know what to say.” He finally speaks. “All this time we were looking at you like a spoiled child, because of the name your brother’s have for themselves we assumed you were a pampered human living off of the wealth they possessed. I don’t think an apology would really mean anything.”

“Well, it’s a start, and I don’t want to continue with these stupid misunderstandings and accidents. I know that a connection based on a lie can never work which is why I told Kris that I was lying, so nothing would come as too much of a shock. I wish I could just tell you everything, but I cannot, not because I don’t want to or don’t think you deserve to know, I am unable to explain myself, and until I am able to breakdown my walls and be honest with you I hope we can still form a friendship and a mutual understanding that although we can’t know everything about one another, we can try to understand that everyone has their past and that they will share it when the time is right, as I said to Kris in the beginning.” I smile at him. “So please don’t feel bad, you don’t want to cause a flood.”

He giggles a little and turns to say something but stops as he tries to do whatever he has been trying to do.

“I can’t get a hold of Kris, I could hear his mumbling until a few seconds ago, what the hell?’

As he starts to panic Tao comes down the stair faster than ever.

“I can’t hear Gege anymore Hyung, where did he go?”

“That’s what I am trying to figure out, get Luhan.” Suho orders.

The air sudden feels thick, I knew he shouldn’t go off on his own, not with the collector sneaking around. I waste no time and run off in the direction I saw him go.

“Natsume no!! !” Suho yells after me.

“Luhan, what the hell is going on, did you lose connection with Kris, you could hear him a minute ago right?” Suho asks him.

“No I couldn’t, I um, wasn’t listening to him.”

“What do you mean, you can’t block his voice out, he’s Alpha.”

“Ah about that, , I was going to explain it to Nana first but, what is going on?”

“Hey, Kris’s voice is gone, what happened?” Chanyeol and Chen ask the same thing with a worried expression.

“See, they knew, what is going on Luhan?” Suho asks as all the guys seem to come to check the commotion.

“Where did Hyung go?” Kyungsoo asks.

“How do you not know?” Suho shouts. “What is this communication issue we have been having?”

“Look Suho, I will tell you but please, I haven’t told her so it isn’t her fault.” Luhan says “I know we should have told you immediately Suho, but a few of us have marked Natsume.”

“Wait what? That isn’t important right now Luhan, we don’t have time to discuss this when…”

“We aren’t a part of the pack Suho.” Lay interrupts his rant.

“What the, how is that, what the hell is going on?!” Suho screams as the rain is getting worse and worse, the drops almost like bullets falling from the sky.

“She is an Alpha as well, when we marked her we didn’t realize her status was higher than all of ours, so now she is our Alpha.” Lay informs them all of this fact.

“What in the world do you mean? What is she?” Suho says trying not to lose it.

“She is a Fox, of what level we are unsure but I think the Collector has ben after her because he thinks she is a nine tails.”

“That’s impossible, a nine tails fox is unbelievably rare, a normal fox is rare. How?”

“ She doesn’t even know she is an Alpha so please don’t hold it against her, we need to find out if the Collector or one of his minions came across Kris and saw his ability and took him.”

“He isn’t gone, the forest says he is still here, something is blocking our connection.” Kyungsoo informs them.

“Well after Natsume defeated that Vampire, maybe the collector decided to handle things himself.” Xiumin thinks out loud.

“Ok, you all are going over my head here, she defeated the vampire?” Suho shakes his head. “This is too much information with a crisis, D.O can the forest tell you where he is?”

“Ah, well the trees are busy watching Natsume, they are guiding her to the last spot before we lost contact, let’s follow her.”

“I can’t even comprehend this situation, but Kris is our main priority, let’s head out.” Suho commands as the all shift into their wolf forms and head into the forest as well.

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

Man this was a tough one, I really wanted to make this story interesting and not just a sad story turned fluff, but action and suspense are something a little hard for me to write. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and can feel some sort of tension or build up to a reveal of some kind, thanks so much for all your support!

I want to say welcome to the few new subscribers out there, I really appreciate the love!!