Are you Alone?

When You're All Alone

 

“You know Chronos?”

“The god of time, yeah I do quite well actually. Though he rarely leaves his realm I know he has a few children around the world. One of my friend’s mates can manipulate time, but I have never seen someone stop time and be able to choose whose time you stop, that is quite amazing.” I say as I recall one of my best friend’s mates being able to fast forward and reverse time, but not stop it completely, maybe that is why Tao received such punishment.

“I honestly find you completely confusing,” Tao says looking straight into my eyes. “You were unaffected by my power, you know far more than any human should and you cause my brothers to fully express themselves and forget common courtesy. Honestly are you even human?” He laughs off

“No.”

“Huh?”

“No I am not.” I say looking in his eyes too, I don’t think lying to him will help me, and with the reaction I got from Chen earlier I should tell him the truth, even though it’s a little late.

“I knew it, time flows differently for everyone and I can usually sense a SN by the way their time flows. When I met you your time flowed so artificially, like someone trying to look normal, at first I thought it was due to the Elves claim on you, as part of them protecting you but now I see, you are an SN.”

“I am though I cannot tell anyone my secret, a few of your brother’s are aware of what I am as well. Some are upset with me because my unwillingness to tell you all has caused you to do something for my sake when you really didn’t need too. However the problem is I am truly unable to tell you, I cannot utter a word regarding my true self, it is a curse placed upon me by my birth parents in a feeble attempt to hide me from the rest of the clan.”

“Hide you? Why?”

“I am what many people in my village call an evil omen, one that has been dealt with many times, but never has such a severe form shown itself until I was born.”  I say as my mind recalls my youth, if you could even call it such a thing.

“And now my brothers are treating you horribly too, I know they are giving you the cold shoulder, because of me I’m hey..hey?!” Tao starts but I am unable to hear him completely as I drift out of consciousness, swaying a little before I compose myself. I don’t want to worry him more so I have been trying my best to play it off, but it is impossible to do so.

“Gege!!” Tao yells to get anyone’s attention.

“What’s going on in here?” Luhan comes in, leaving the group discussion about what to do next happening in his room.

“Something is wrong with her!” Tao panics as Luhan takes a closer look at me.

“I’m fine, just tired from all the running today and still recovering from the Baekhyun fiasco from last night.” I say trying to divert his attention.

“Baekhyun fiasco? I didn’t hear about anything happening last night.” Tao questions looking between the two of us.

“She and he got in a fight and he attacked her, we solved it ourselves and thought it best to just let it go.” Luhan calmly answers.

“I told him, he saw something I didn’t think he would, I just need you to..”

“She is a fox.” He says for me and I should have known he would understand after he saw my past. Tao’s eyes widen and he seems to handle the truth well, until he starts to sniffle and Luhan moves closer to him.

“She can see him hyung!” Tao cries as he clings to Luhan’s shirt sleeve, tears now flowing freely down his face, though he looks overjoyed. “Finally someone who is like me, I’m not alone in this anymore!” Tao beckons me over to his side as he hugs me close, the pain subsiding by the warmth of his body, though he causes me to hiss slightly as he tightens his hold around my waist.

“She can see him too huh?” Luhan inquires as he glances at me, trying to assess everything around him. *Did you make a deal Nana?* He asked me, well aware of my connection with the Higher Powers.

*I did, please don’t tell him, I can handle his punishment as it was my fault anyways, I am trying my best to hold it in but I’m losing the battle. If he could barely stand the pain, imagine how well I can handle it for the first time?* I grimace at him.

* You are an ever increasing headache you now that?* He smiles at me, happy I would go so far for his brother, but upset that I threw out my own safety.

“Ok what the hell is going on hyung?” Tao interrupts us, wiping his tears. “We had absolutely no contact between our pack, yet you and Lay Hyung and the maknaes could still connect to her, why? Re they the ones that know as well?”

“I am also curious as to how this is possible, I know you used your ability to connect me to those that knew about me but how where we still in contact?” I ask.

“I’ll tell you later, both of you need to rest, now off to bed with you guys, Kris said its ok for you to sit out the meeting, and we will inform you and Nana about the plan once we come up with it.” Luhan says tucking Tao back in bed and ushering me across the hall to my own room.

“I will get you some pain killers, Tao said they never really took the pain way but they will take the edge off.”

“I never knew how important it was to have someone truly understand me, until I met you and you accepted me, knowing far more than I ever wanted anyone to know, Thanks Lu.”  I say as I smile up at him.

“You never have to be alone in anything ok? I will be here for you. Now try to relax and I’ll check in on the meeting and get the pills from Lay.” He says as he slips out the door.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

“There you are Luhan, did Tao give her a good scolding?” Kris asks as Luhan enters the room, looking a tad bit too happy considering the situation.

“Huh? Ah not really, he basically apologized for all of our horrible behavior.” Luhan states looking at Kris, Suho, Chen and Chanyeol.

“What did he have to apologize about huh? She was dumb enough not to listen to him when a vampire is nearby.” Suho slams on the table, causing a few of the boys to jump in shock at his behavior.

“Tao said she did everything he told her too, but the blood er caught him by surprise, and in that moment he grabbed Natsume from him, it was a mistake that happened but we all need to move on and worry more about the damage the vampire can cause to our town.” Luhan suggests as a few of them nod in understanding.

“Look I know we have been tough on her, but sometimes things just can’t work, I think I will tell the hyungs we don’t have the patience for their little pet.” Kris states as a certain select amount of boys stand up in defiance.

“You can’t do that Hyung, Nana isn’t a problem, we like having her around!” Kai objects as Sehun comes forward to say something as well.

“She fits Hyung, everything has felt more complete since she entered our lives, please don’t send her away!” Sehun interjects.

“This is what I’m talking about, some girl shows up and is kind of nice to us because she has experience with our kind and you all think she’s one of us?” Suho questions backing up Kris.

“Look Hyungs, I don’t even really like her but I think tossing her back to the Elves that are busy moving isn’t the best idea. Plus she isn’t all that bad, she just has a knack for getting into trouble.” Baekhyun says, nudging Chanyeol, knowing the boy likes the girl regardless of what happened today.

“I agree, even with what happened today she still hasn’t complained once to the elves about a damn thing when we were mean or didn’t fully protect her, especially with what Baekhyun did yesterday.” Chanyeol lets slip as the Alphas eyes stare directly at him.

“What are you talking about Chanyeol?” Kris and Suho say at the same time as Sehun and Baekhyun slap him on the head.

“This bigmouth!”

“Seriously Yeol, you’re an idiot.” Luhan sighs, knowing another explanation is needed.

“I attacked her for no reason yesterday, Chen and Chanyeol started hanging out with the maknaes in her room and I felt left out so I accused her of playing with the guy’s feelings and attacked her with my light, I burned her pretty horribly and she didn’t even ignore me or tattle on me.” Baekhyun sighed as he continued. “Instead she asked me calmly to just explain how I got so angry and she accepted me anyways Hyung. I don’t think she is a problem, if anything she reminds us that other people have bad experiences in life too and we shouldn’t assume we are the only ones with a troubled past.”

“Please reconsider Kris, I think she is good for all of us, you didn’t throw Sehun away as a pup because he caused some problems right?” Kai included

“Hey!!”

“I’m making a point here Sehun shut up! Anyways like I was saying, we knew he would learn right? Well this is her first time around a pack of wolves and we treat her like she should know all about us when we didn’t tell her , so maybe we are to blame as well. She has tried to understand us, but can you all say you have done the same?” Kai looks at all the remaining guys that don’t know her secret and those that do but still blamed her.

“You know he is right don’t you? Maybe she isn’t so bad if she can even make the maknaes sound smart.” Xiumin interjected, knowing that the Alphas, especially Kris, were blinded by their worry over Tao than anything else.

“I know that a Vampire in town is a bigger problem and you all are stressing so let’s think better on this. According to Tao the vampire wanted her, maybe using her to our advantage will help you decide if she is useful or not.” D.O puts out there to get them off the topic of Natsume, he likes the girl as well and wouldn’t want to abandon her because the Alphas were being hasty.

“ I agree, she could come in handy here, if the vampire is here to deal with us, but we distract him with Nana we could find out more about who placed the hit on us and why. However our main priority is to make sure he isn’t harming anyone living here and in town.” Xiumin says again. Although he isn’t the leader he is the oldest and his input is very important to the Alpha’s decision making.

“Alright, everyone head to bed, Suho and I will scout the town to see if he has caused any damage. Xiumin and Luhan do a quick sweep of the forest and see if anyone has encountered him.” Kris delegates as the rest head to their respective rooms.

“Hey Lay, I need you to bring Nana the pills you would usually give Tao, ask her why and don’t be surprised if she doesn’t fall asleep ok?” Luhan quickly tells Lay before Xiumin gives a howl for him to hurry up.

“Sure I will bring those to her, what did she do now?”

“Like I said ask her, I gotta go. Thanks Lay.” Luhan smiles as he rushes downstairs.

Lay heads to his room and grabs the pain meds, still not sure why she would need them but it won’t hurt to see if Tao could use some while he was at it.

As he rounds the corner he spots Kris and Suho exiting their room.

“Keep a close eye on him will you, I’m concerned as to why the punishment was so short. Also do check on the girl and make sure she isn’t causing any more trouble will you?” Suho says as Kris continues to watch Tao playing with Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“You guys didn’t even bother to check on how she was doing after being attacked by a Vampire?” Lay questions as everyone in the room looks his way.

“My main concern is my pack, she didn’t seem any worse for the wear, thanks to Tao so I wasn’t worried.” Suho states as he heads downstairs to wait for Kris.

Lay watches him leave and looks back at Kris who is still watching the guys in the room. As Lay’s gaze lands on Tao, looking at him with pleading eyes.

*What is wrong Tao?*

*I feel like , just a fun run to get to know the girl turned into everyone hating her because I messed up, even if she could have handled it that doesn’t change that we are supposed to look out for her. I did what I felt was the right thing to do and she is paying for it more than I would ever had imagined!*

*I mean they are ignoring her but she isn’t hurt or anything so you still did what you needed to so just relax alright?*

“She didn’t tell you guys? Hyung, she took my punishment, that is why I am ok right now and she is suffering in her room alone.” Tao says aloud, he thought Lay was aware of the situation what with him having the pills in his hands.

“What are you talking about?” Chanyeol and Chen say quietly until they notice Kris has left already, must have been content because Lay was there.

“Seriously?” Tao questions, quickly standing from the bed and heading straight across to Natsume’s room.

Not bothering to knock he heads right into her room, Lay and the other two behind him. Looking around there was no sign of Natsume at all. They checked the bathroom as well and still no sign of her. Chanyeol heads out onto the balcony to see if she was outside, however all he finds is a half-finished cigarette in the ashtray on the little table, a sweater hanging on the back of the chair.

“, , !” Tao starts freaking out. Before any of them question him they smell what is causing him to freak out.

“Oh god, is that the vampire? He must be really old, that smell could kill you.” Chen states as they look around, trying to find the trail.

“Is she out of her mind?! If she releases her power to fight that thing her pain will double, that is why I never use my power more than once, and for a limited time, ugh we have to tell the Hyungs!” Tao freaks out as Lay grabs him by the arm.

“Calm down Tao, let’s let Luhan know because he is out there right now with Xiumin.” Lay interjects, quickly contacting Luhan and letting him know.

“What the hell happened to you Nana?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided that instead of listening to a few of the guys trash talk me I would head out to relax a little. I lit a cigarette I had in my bag, the pain was getting worse and I needed a distraction. As I sat there my skin began to crawl, a sign that someone has entered the barrier I placed around the building after the vampire first got past my other one.

“I’m surprised you would risk your own wellbeing just to get close to me.” I say knowing full well he is behind me.

“Oh girly, when I set my eyes on a prize I never let up till it is mine.” He whispers lowly in my ear.

“Well I think you came at the perfect time, I was looking for a chance to vent my feelings. After hearing you’re a problem it’s hard not to go ahead and make their accusations a reality right?” I smirk, ignoring the sharp pain all over my body.

“Oh how fun, a human that thinks she can handle me, hate to break it to you honey but I’m not interested in making you my lover, more like a new toy, one I can use than throw away until the next one comes along.” He grins as he jumps down onto the floor, as I look back inside I can vaguely hear Chanyeol and Chen playing games and the snores of a few of the other guys still in the house.

“Are you going to come with me, or should I use force, maybe kill a few of the sleeping wolves while I wait for you?” He continues to taunt.

I have had enough of this, I jump off the balcony and land near him, his eyes widening a bit as his grin grows larger. “Maybe you will be more fun than I thought you would.” He quickly sprints into the forest, lightly tapping the trees as we go, leaving his scent behind to confuse the wolves should they come following.

Once we were on the opposite side of the forest, farther away from the town as we could be he finally stops.

“I am amazed you kept up so well with me, now to the main event.” He says and quickly he is behind me, reaching for my neck.

I quickly duck out from his arms, earning a cut across my cheek from his nails.

“Well, you continue to impress me, where you raised and taught by an SN?” He asks as he the blood off his finger. “Oh, so delicious, and here I thought the wolf had helped you escape. I was ready to inform my employer of the new treasure I had found, for an extra fee of course. Seems that it was a good idea to wait, but how did a human such as yourself earn the power of a god hm?” He grins, obviously able to tell my blood wasn’t human. Now he thinks I am the time user, just like I wanted.

I knew he would do something along those lines, I needed to get him before he left and told the Collector about Tao’s power. Such a rare ability would surely catch the interest of the Collector, I’m glad I played right into his trap on purpose.

“Just lucky I guess.” I shrug as he an eyebrow at me.

“Prove it.”

“Oh no problem.” I say as I place the illusion over him. Almost instantly the pain in my body intensifies and I almost black out, but I need this to work, I can’t have Tao in danger, I have to end this Vampire now, before he creates a big problem. As my illusion convinces him, I hear Luhan in my head.

*Where the hell are you Nana, tell me right now!!* He screams at me, he must have been informed of my disappearance, and here I thought nobody would notice.

* I was confronted by the vampire, I know he needs to be taken out, follow my energy, were are in the farthest south corner from your current location.*

*I’m with Xiumin.*

*Yeah I am well aware, I heard you and the Alphas talking.*

* hey you know they..* But I interrupt him.

*Now isn’t the time, he thinks I am the power user so get here and help me kill this thing!*

I see movement and I quickly dart to the left, caught completely off guard by him as he slices my side. My eyes blur a second as he s me right into a tree behind me.

 I take a second to catch my breath as my eyes start to slowly glow, the pain causing me to need more energy to keep up with this creature of death.

“Well well well, you are going to be so much more fun than I originally anticipated.” He says as I stand up and lung for him. He laughs as he thinks he will easily evade my grasp.

“Ha silly girl, you can’t catch me!”

“Oh I know, but he can.” I say as Luhan quickly puts him in a headlock, eyes never leaving mine as he looks me over for damages.

“I’m fine, let’s end this.” I say as Xiumin comes still in wolf form as Luhan continues to tighten his grip.

“As if cutting off my air will really kill me.” he smirks and throw Luhan to the ground, successfully freeing himself.

“You just make me want you more and more you silly girl, I can’t wait to pay you back for the damage you caused me by calling your dogs on me.” He glares at me as he gets closer and closer, until Xiumin steps in front of me guarding me.

“Oh look, how cute. Are you her mate? Or is it the one on the ground over there?” He asks as Xiumin’s eyes widen, looking between me and Luhan.

“Not now Hyung, later.” Luhan responds.

“Oh so you haven’t told her? Are you ashamed to have a human as a mate, you poor wolf, well I can take her away and solve your problem.” He offers, causing Luhan to let out a long threatening growl.

“Nana, I need you to tell Sehun to stay home before he comes blindly running into this, please?” he pleads with me.

“Why, I don’t understand?” I ask utterly confused.

“Just do it, please?!” He sounds scared so I just do what I’m told.

*Stay there Sehun, we can handle this, protect Tao and the others there and keep the Alpha’s from heading here as well, please Sehun!*

*No way, what the is going on huh? Why is Tao crying because they couldn’t find you and why am I in so much pain whenever I focus on you? Are you hurt?*

* I don’t know just stay there, I’m with Xiumin and Luhan so we will be fine. Tell Tao I’m ok and that I just needed to think, keep it calm over there till we get back ok?*

*Fine but I will need an explanation from you as soon as you get back, and please be careful Nana!*

* I promise!*

“He will stay at home, and will keep this quiet from everyone.” I say as Luhan is fighting with the Vampire, Xiumin watching waiting for a chance to jump in.

Suddenly Luhan loses his footing, the vampire’s unpredictable movements causing him to lose track of his surroundings. The vampire grabs him and goes in for Luhan’s neck, shocking both of us.

Before Xiumin could react I was already leaping for the hair of the vampire, pulling his face away from Luhan’s neck. I continued pulling until my grip was strong enough to yank him to the ground.

“You all can’t win, two wolves and a weak human mate, I’m done playing, time to fulfill my mission, starting with the three of you!” He voices as he rushes for Xiumin, catching him completely off ground as he slams his knee into the side of the wolf.

Using his foot he continued to push Xiumin’s face into the ground before reaching down and pulling him up by the nap of his neck. I was helping Luhan back up when suddenly the vampire was unmoving, frozen in place.

“Never touch me again, you sick bastard!” Xiumin screams as he catches his breath returning to his human form.

“Ice?” I said looking at the statue the vampire had become, if it wasn’t for his skin becoming a blue hue I would think he was just standing in place.

“You good hyung?” Luhan asks as he comes up beside him.

“Yeah, just caught me off guard, it’s so hard to tract the movement when they make little to no sound, not even a heartbeat to follow but I managed.” He sighs.

“Let’s head back and try to find a way to keep all this on the down low, or at least say Nana wasn’t here.” Luhan says hoping Xiumin will agree with him.

As we are walking away I force myself not to fall too behind them, I am so drained and the pain from the punishment is 10 times worse than it was when I first let my energy flow.

“Hey Nana are you ok? I saw the scratches you got, we can get Lay to heal them.” Luhan says as he and Xiumin turn around to check on me only for their faces to drain of any color they had left.

“Don’t you boys know that only fire can kill me, foolish wolves, say goodbye to your stupid mate. But don’t worry, you will met her again soon.” The Vampire says, no longer displaying any playful banter. He is breathing hard, barely escaping Xiumin’s ice. He had me by the throat, holding me a good two feet off the ground.

Luhan makes a move to rush at me only to have Xiumin grab his wrist.

“Let me go hyung, we have to save her!”

“Not doing that you won’t, look!” Xiumin nudges his head toward me, seeing the Vampire’s teeth about to pierce my neck as his grip causes me to gasp for air.

“You would have been a wonderful prize my dear, but you are more trouble than you are worth.” He says as his lips ghost my ear. “I will have fun finishing off your wolves once I kill you.”

That seemed to be a breaking point for me.

“Nana? What the hell?” Luhan panics as my body shudders little.

When my face is lifted up by the vampire my eyes are glowing a strong green, but as the vampire tilts my neck they flash a blue color and suddenly we are both engulfed in a sea of blue flames. All the boys can do is stand there as the vampire screams in agony, releasing his hold on my neck I drop to the floor, landing on my feet as I try to focus my flame, doing my best not to hurt this part of the forest. Once he is nothing more than a pill of dust I collapse on my knees, my arms barely keeping me from going head first into the dirt.

“Holy ! Natsume?” Xiumin asks approaching me cautiously only to have Luhan rush past him and pick me up bridal style.

“Let’s get you home you stupid, stupid girl.” Luhan says, the tears in his eyes catching Xiumin off guard. “I’ll explain on the way home hyung, let’s get her to Lay.”

When I gain consciousness again I am surrounded by the boys that know my secret, including Xiumin.

“Oh thank god, you should have let me come, I would have been able to protect you better!” Sehun cries as I notice most of the guys have tears in their eyes. Lay is holding my hand, slowly healing the cut on my cheek and ribs.

“I can only heal her cuts and bruises, I can’t stop the punishment, it is going to be a rough night Nana, I’m sorry.” He says looking defeated.

 I put my hands over his and lightly smile. “You are doing more than anyone ever has for me, so don’t look so defeated.”

As Lay continues to hold my hand in his most of the guys leave except Sehun and Luhan.

“Oh dear me I had a feeling something happened today, what has happened to my little helper?” A voice suddenly rings out by the balcony door.

The wolves immediately go into defense mood while I try to focus on the figure that has entered my room.

“Miss Victoria?”

“Oh Honey, let me help you. Your mates look exhausted, I’ll take it from here boys, you all need a well-deserved rest.” She says as she takes Lay’s spot next to me.

“Why does everyone keep saying that?” I ask, not sure why they think I have mated with these boys, I don’t understand why people think I’m such a loose woman.

 “Damn girl, I didn’t think you were that clueless, but I guess seeing as how you have lived I’m not surprised by your confusion.” Another voice rings, Amber popping out from behind Victoria.

 How does she not feel the bond? These guys have clearly claimed you, even if she doesn’t understand she should have felt it right?” A voice I have never heard before says.

“Why do you guys always follow me around, I wanted to be all cool and you guys are ruining my appearance!” Victoria cries as two more girls seem to come out of nowhere. It’s the rest of her coven.

“I  did it.” Luhan says interrupting the bickering of the girls.

“Oh I see, you knew she would be confused and overwhelmed by it so you hid it from her.”

“I did, Sehun was first and I barely had a second to block it, at first I was more afraid of the Alphas finding out, until I followed not long after him and she let me see her past. I knew it would be confusing so I was waiting till I could properly explain it to her.” He says as I continue to not quite get what they went. Luhan slowly turns to me a smile on his face as I feel a strong flow of all of their energy wash over me. “ Natsume, I been meaning to tell you..ugh”

“Oh hell no hyung I was first, back off!” Sehun says pushing Luhan aside and taking my hand in his.

“Nana, I have never cared for someone that wasn’t in my pack until I met you. I think I am falling for you, would you be mine?”

 

 

Author’s note: Oh I did not think I would have got to the confession already but as I was writing it just kind of fell right into place. As always thanks so much for reading and don’t be afraid to let me know about mistakes or plot holes that you have found as my original plan for this story has changed considerably since the first couple chapters, and I don’t want to have any loose ends that make the story confusing. Thanks again!

Natsume.

P.S Shout out to AnnieFannie for upvoting and commenting, I love to hear what my subscribers think and how they react to my portrayal of the guys. Also thanks to Sunshiner95 for also upvoting my story. You guys rock!