Meeting the Boys(Updated)

When You're All Alone

     As the night went on i continued helping with the many customers coming and going rather quickly until closing time. What i did notice however was that the large group of twelve haven't moved from their stop in the corner all night. They continued ordering drinks and snacks from Kyuhyun as well as Shindong and Henry who spent the majority of their break time chatting it up with them. The strange thing is I cannot tell what sort of supernatural they are? This is rather unusual because most creatures that enter this "bar" immediately relax and unwind by dropping their human persona. It isnt that strange for certain types of SN's to hide their identity becasue they are rare or even feared but they normally let out a part of themselves whether it be traits that will show off their true nature or even auras and smells that give hints to their real identities. As i am thinking about all this a voice makes me jump.

     " ...and you're not listening to me are you?"

     " Woah what!!" I gasp as a hand lowers onto my shoulder.

     " Seriously you need to be more aware of your surroundings Natsume, I was talking to you for a bit before I realized you were daydreaming. You have been wiping the same table for a while now and most of the guests are gone. I told you if you were tired to go ahead and relax. Although I'm glad  for your help because we really needed extra help today but you are supposed to be our guest. I'm already making sure Kangin is making you an extra special thank you meal as reward so go ahead and relax and I'll bring it out when it's done." Donghae says as he puts the last few chairs on top of the tables.

     " I am super hungry so I'll gladly accept." I smile at him as he goes back inside. Out the corner of my eye I still see those same boys talking and laughing with the rest of my brothers who have just got back along with henry and Kyuhyun who are already out of their work uniforms. 

     **I really must have been wiping that table for a while seeing as they are already dressed and ready to leave.* I think as I make eye contact with one of my troublesome brothers and immediately regret my decision to stay here.**

     " Is that my sweet little girl whom I haven't seen in a long time?! " he says as he slowly takes off his jacket and gets into a sprinting position.

     " You have got to be kidding me?!" I say as i slip off my shoes as he rolls up the sleeves of his button up.

     "What is going on?" I hear someone ask as a loud "Start!" is yelled.

     Suddenly Siwon is leaping full speed at me as I duck under the booth in front of me and flip the table like a shield as he tries to figure out which side to go.

     " Hey no fair we all want to hug her but you know how she is! " Kyuhyun and Henry complain while everyone starts getting comfortable and ready to attack.

     " Oh fine the lot of you, but the kitchen is a safe zone got it? Im Hungry!!" I yell as I realize they want to make a fair game out of who gets to hug me.

     " Um.. Kris? What's going on here? Who is that girl?" a lone voice asks.

     " She's the one that served us at dinner right?! Apparently she isn't just a new neighbor like we thought, you don't usually see the Elves so clingy unless it's to each other?" I hear the super tall and grumpy faced one ask as I jump over the bar and slide toward the kitchen doors.

     ** I know it's been a while but seriously why are they taking this game so far?!* I wonder as i think of the safest way through those doors.

     I  quickly toss a bottle of whiskey at the larger group of brothers as i make a mad dash for the kitchen. I almost think Siwon has me when the door swings open and catchs him right in the face.

     " You know if you take any longer to get your food I am going to get angry" Kangin says looking down on me and Siwon from insode the kitchen as the rest of the guys break out into fits of laughter.

      " I knew i could count on you!" I say as he smiles at me while holding his hand out for me to take. HE was always a favorite brother of mine because we connect on a mutual love of food and snacks.

     " You know we have been having a little problem around here lately so don't go wondering off like you used too." Shindong says coming from the walk -in freezer. " and change that look on your face before I go into my usual rant about how important you are!" He says with a sniffle. " and the feels come out and you know I'm ugly when I cry!" He slaughs as I roll my eyes over his usual over protectiveness.

     “ I know I promise I will stay close, I’ve been on my own for a long time now, I can handle it. Don't you trust me?” I ask as Siwon tries to sneak in the kitchen unnoticed with Henry and ryeowook just behind him.

     “ Seriously guys she is eating go away!” Kangin and Shindong say in unison.

     “ Aww come on we just want to cuddle her till she wants to murder us!” They whine as Kangin stands infront of them making it harder for them to enter more.

     “ Ok, ok let me finish and then you all can maul me to your hearts content? “ I say as Kangin ushers them out of the kitchen. As he does so I make eye contact with the boys outside still talking to Leetuek and Donghae, they seem pretty serioius in their conversation as Donghae usually likes to join in on the personal torture they inflict on me, but whatever they are discussing takes precedence.

     “ Who are those guys? They have been here all night and you all seem pretty close.” I ask Kangin.

     “ Well these boys have been looking for a place to call their own for a long time and things around here are getting more dangerous by the day. With all the annoying trespassers lately that we decided to hand over some of the forest territory to them so they can help us catch whoever is causing the disturbances. Plus we are getting old here Natsu and it’s nice to have young people to help us out with taking care of our sanctuary.” Shindong answers while I nod my head in understanding.

     My brothers own the forest area here as well as the small town and communities surrounding it. I hate to say own as the forest only exists because of my brothers  nurtured the land and helped create the whole territory itself. Anyways, they protect everyone within their perimeter from the any sort of bad intent to the extreme supernaturals out there that are always looking for trouble. In return, the towns are well balanced with supernaturals and humans, making this area a safe haven for any that believes we can live in harmony.

     Unfortunetly there are always those who believe that their powers and gifts make them better than others, especially humans or even non-magical Sn's, so they seek out towns like this one to cause a tip in the balance hoping to exterminate humans and those SN’s (short for supernaturals) that want to live in harmony with them. Luckily the Elves are really strong and have been around for longer than most supernatural. They have lived for some 820 years, their race being one of the oldest to date as well as most respected in the Sn World.

     “ Let me guess.. you have no clue am I right?” Kangin says bringing me out of my own thoughts.

     “ It is weird for me to be unable to sense even alittle of what they are. I can see that their Auras are all different meaning they don’t share any gifts but it is hard to put my finger on. I mean the tall one with the big grin smells like a campfire  so maybe an elemental magic but the one that keeps glaring at me..at least I think he is, along with a few of the others have to either be inheritors or non-magical.” I think out loud, these boys are alot stronger then i originally thought. At first i was thinking they must be low on the scale of power but based on all the info i have slowly gathered they might be on the extinct level and have to hide themselves to preserve their kind.

     I had thought in the beginning that they could be a warlock clan as they all have some sort of power whether they are Elementals, meaning their power is in association with the four elements water, fire, earth and air, or they are inheritors who are gifted with a power which is passed down through family lineage. I just can’t pinpoint their origin.

     “Hey Natsume! Get out here I wanna introduce you to some people!” I here Leetuek call as I stuff the last bit of my meal in my mouth and head on into the dining area to I assume properly meet these twelve boys.

 

 

Author's Notes (also updated)

Hello Hello to anybody reading this!!! I have really tried to fix the grammer and the explanation parts in this story as i feel i glossed over it too quickly!

If you are new to the story let me know what you think and if you noticed a difference in writing from these new chapters compared to the older ones.

If i have you as a returning reader let me know if you find this easier to understand or even more confusing.

Thanks so much and please let me know if this is even worth doing although i may do it for myself anyways!

Natsume