Getting to Know You ( updated)

When You're All Alone

            As I come out of the kitchen to be formally introduced i notice how well these guys linger with my family. It isnt everyday you see so many Elves together and they interact so naturally, clearly not intimidated by the powerful aura they posess.

            “Natsume, these young men are the new security guards around here and they can help you get adjusted to living here.” Leetuek says as he gestures to the twelve of them. Some actually seem interested while others look unamused or put out with the thought of having to watch over another person. I don’t blame them and I can see that it’s probably the older ones sporting a deep scowl. However a few of them keep grinning at me, which is completely creepy, and some look like puppies happy to have someone younger than them. Well now I know they aren’t even close to my brothers ages so warlock is most likely an incorrect assumption.

             “It's a pleasure to meet you! Im Suho and this is Kris and we are the leaders of our group. From left to right I’ll introduce our little band of misfits. That’s Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen and Tao, they all have similar class schedules with Kris so he mostly looks after them.” As he said their names each one gave a little smile or wave to me and I smiled back. They seem nice enough although their Leader seems alittle aloof and more of an observer than playful and inquisitive.

 

            “While I’m in charge of the idiots over there messing with Donghae and Eunhyuk . The one biting Eunhyuk in the leg is Chanyeol, next to him trying to detach him is Baekhyun. D.O is the one who just went into the kitchen to help Kangin, he is kinda like his protégé and loves to cook. Kai and Sehun are our youngest and are the closest to you in age. Hopefully you will get put on a similar schedule and they can help you get settled in.” He finished with a smile and I returned it, ready to give my intro as well but i keep getting interrupted.

            “Yeah girl, we’re the mature ones, those kids over there won’t be any help to you so come to me when you need something.” The one named Chen said while placing his arm around my shoulder. Strangely it didn’t bother me as much as Leetuek seemed to think it would by the look on his face. I don’t like skinship at all, it’s too awkward for me and I get really uncomfortable, I mean I accept it from my brothers because I care for them and have known them since I was 5 years old, but these boys are important to them so I wont jump down someones throat who doesn’t know any better.

             “The pleasure is mine, I’m Natsume and it’s nice to meet you all. I hope we can get along well.” I finally get out, I’m really not sure what to say, my people skills .           

             “ Oh yeah Mister Troll is the most mature guy in our whole group, the last time he offered me bubble tea the pearls were lead pellets, I almost broke a tooth!” Sehun says from the couch next to kai, both constantly on their cell phones. Chen sticks his tongue out at him but he doesn’t even notice, than Luhan smacks the back of his head.

            “He brought it to me too but I didn’t fall for it, I knew what he was up too, but seriously Miss don’t trust him as far as you can throw him.” Luhan says politely with a snicker coming from the dog pile on the floor.

            “Which isn’t very far by the looks of her!” Chanyeol inputs while Donghae continues to hold him down with Baekhyun, who gave up trying to detach Chanyeol and moved to a better plan, join Donghae and help by just sitting on Chanyeol instead.          

            “I think she’s shy, it’s kinda cute.” Baekhyun says before Donghae pulls him into a headlock while Eunhyuk takes over his spot on top of Chanyeol to keep him down.

            “Hey that’s my little sister, you better keep your hands to yourself, and that goes for all of you!.” Donghae says with authority. I just roll my eyes at his remark and start to conversate with Suho about school and what I will need for my first day.

*****************

(Boy's POV)

            “Excuse me for being too forward Leetuek, but is she a human? I don’t sense anything from her and you know that Luhan should be able to tell but he senses nothing out of the ordinary.” Kris questions Leetuek as they are standing off to the side. Luhan walks over after hearing his name.

            “It’s difficult for me to get a reading on her like there is a mental wall blocking my powers, if she is human that would be impossible; unless one of you has something to do with it?”  Leetuek smirks at his statement, meaning it most likely is due to one of the elves that have put a protective lock on her to keep her knowledge of them and her own thoughts from others.

            “She seems nice enough, we will take good care of her we swear, even if she is sticks with our youngest I’m sure they can handle it.” Kris says while looking at the boys doing their own thing, some chatting away with Natsume while others are making small talk with the Elves.

            “I have no doubt that you will, I'm more worried on how she will handle all of you. She has trouble trusting people, her childhood or better yet lack of a childhood has made her anti-social, and I know she has had it hard but she needs to start associating with people and making friends. I know she has a best friend but they aren’t together that often so I hope you guys make her feel welcomed.” Siwon says to Kris and Suho.

            " We are only sending her to school because we know she will be going with you so please keep an eye on her. She may not be a troublesome person but let me tell you it follows her like white on rice." Heechul says as he joins the leaders chat.

            “ Trust in us Sir, you have given us a place to roam safely and freely and we are forever grateful for it. Therefore we will do anything in our power to help protect what’s important to you.” Suho says as he walks over to them and most of the boys look over and also give a nod so as to show they all understand.

            “Plus some of those boys seem to like her a lot already, I don't normally see the guys so interested in talking to someone new before, as a pack that mentality is hard to break but sheis certainly eye catching." Suho notices as they all stare at the few boys actually talking with her.

             "She seems so delicate and i hope we don't ... woah what the hell!” Kris gasps as he has to quickly dodge the body that came flaying toward him. The group of boys that were surrounding Natsume  had unreadable expressions on their faces while most of Elves that saw the incident couldn’t control their laughter.  

            “Oh and by the way..” Heechul places his hand on Kris's shoulder and says looking down at Chen who was still trying to catch his breath. “ She really doesn’t like skinship.”

 

Updated Author's note:

Wow this chapter was kinda hard to read! So many run on sentences! I tried to tighten up the dialogue and make sure that things were spelled correctly. I added soem new details here and there to still make sure there was something new and exciting for any readers that are rereading.

Natsume

 

Authors Note

Ok I know this is short but i think they should get longer, although I wish i could get more feedback as Im really writing blind here and this is my first time post a story ever or even really trying to write a whole story. Please let me know what ya'll think.

On a side note KCON is this week and so a chapter may or may not get posted as I'll be busy finally seeing the one group me and my bestie have been waiting for SUJU!! I couldnt afford both days but hey I also get to see Got7 even though they announced Jackson will not be there, man I wanted to see Markson in person, ugh but at least my Bias is still going so yay!