Not Anymore

When You're All Alone

*SMACK*

“You can’t say it like that you idiot, I warned you already!” Luhan chides after smacking Sehun upside the head.

“Look at her face, she is so confused and you thought now was a good time to tell her, get out, get out, get out!” Victoria says as she ushers the guys out of the room, it looked like she hit something with the door and said something to whoever she hit but I couldn’t hear it over the sound of my own thoughts.

“Sorry Nana, don’t be worried, we will wait for you... always.” Lay smiles as he is the last out the door.

“Nana, listen to me, you need to listen!” Amber says grabbing my face and forcing me to look at her. “I know what you are thinking so calm down and listen!”

“Huh? Sorry I’m so..”

“I know, the Elves warned us that this would be hard for you and we will help you through this, but I need you to understand that those boys took a big risk telling you this, so please don’t take it lightly.” Victoria says smiling gently at me.

“I was told that what they are telling me was impossible.” I say as tears begin to flow down my face. “They always told me I was alone, unlovable and would never find a mate, let alone three, are they sure it was me?” I don’t want to belittle their feelings but I never would have thought anyone would ever bond with me.

“Geez Nana, how many times have your Hyungs told you that what your kind told you was a lie, they wanted to destroy your spirit, so you would be willing to live in that horrible place without any hope of escaping for a better life.” Luna says as she smiles sadly at me, my past has that effect on people.

“You need to remember Natsume that Luhan knows all these things about you yet he still feels this way. He took a great risk telling you and letting you feel the claim they placed on you. If Luhan hadn’t hid it the entire pack would know that they had marked you.” Victoria reminds me.

“And I just sat here staring at them without saying anything, what should I do if I hurt them?” I ask, knowing that my reaction probably hurt their feelings, here they were risking their place in the pack for me and I did nothing.

“We will send them back in, you know what you could do to make them happy do you not, even if your feelings are confused, I think it is time you tell them why this is so hard for you, I know you want to wait and explain everything properly in front of the Alphas but now they are your mates, trust them, love them and experience it for yourself.” Amber says smiling as the witches head out the door, leaving it open to reveal Kai standing outside it. Is he the one she hit with the door earlier?

“Hey Nana are you ok?” He asks.

“Much better now honestly, those girls really saved me.” I smile, happy to see him. Though he seems to be on edge or uncomfortable at the moment.

“How about you Kai, are you alright?” I ask as pain flashes before his eyes.

“No, no I’m not. I’m in pain Nana and there is nothing that can make it go away.” He says as he curls up next to me in bed, snuggling into me.

“Why, are you hurt, Kai what’s going on with you?” I ask panicking a little.

“I have to tell you something, but I’m scared that it will make you hate me.”

“I really don’t think I could hate you Kai, tell me.”

“I wanted to claim you as well.” He straight up says to me, I wanted to smile, but his expression made me dread what else he had to say.

“I really wanted to when you came to find me, when I saw you outside the cave I was hiding in I thought my heart was going to explode in happiness, even my own pack had a hard time finding me, than there you were, standing there looking for me.” He says as a tear escapes his eyes as I catch it with my finger.

“Maybe I’m not the right girl for..” He cuts me off pushing me down into the bed.

“Don’t!! Please don’t say it Nana, I know you are the one for me and it hurts me that I can’t prove it to you!!”

“I’m sorry Kai. Why can’t you prove it to me?” I ask trying not to upset him anymore than I seem to have.

“Do you remember when Baekhyun told you he thought he had found his mate, but turns out she was using him, well he was luck that he didn’t ever feel the call to claim her. I wasn’t so lucky.”

“You already claimed someone?”

“Not on my own accord no, when I was younger and my power first emerged I would transport to places all over the world, I could go to any place I wanted as long as I knew what the place looked like. Whether it was a picture or a billboard as long as the image was in my head I could go there. One time I found this old photo of my parents, hanging out in the old territory the pack had lived in before they relocated us. I wanted to go so bad, but the image of what the area looked like was so old that when I got there my powers jammed due to the confusion. It was so dark and eerie that I was unaware that I was being surrounded by the new owners of the land, the one that helped drive the pack out.” He explained as his body shuddered next to me.

“Who was it Kai?” I asked, pulling him in closer, hoping that it would give him some sort of comfort.

“The area had been broken into sections, different types of SN moved in, those that are considered bad, or are known to do evil deeds had claimed the area for themselves and I landed right into the zone occupied by a Succubus Clan. They immediately thought I was a threat and I was so overwhelmed by their presence that I fell right into their trap. They kept me for a long time, the guys still won’t tell me how long it was, but with all the dreams and unwanted feelings they were making me feel I had unknowingly marked one of them, mistaking her for the girl in the dream that had told me all these lies about loving me and wanting to be with me forever. I forgot everything and was lost in my dreams until Suho finally found me. By the time I had realized what I had done it was too late to change it. Wolves mate for life Nana, I can’t take my claim on that back let alone even know what the one I had marked even looks like. The clan left when we went back for revenge and I’m stuck here, falling in love with you, but I can never make you mine and that thought hurts me more than any physical pain I could ever feel.”

“You wanted me back when I first showed up? You didn’t even really know me like the way you do now, how did you know?” I ask, surprised by his confession.

“I was so scared to tell anyone, here I thought that I would be missing out on such a huge life experience by not being able to find my true partner, a life time of true love lost to a stupid dream. Come to find out she was just a stupid human girl, I was almost relieved, you would die long before me and I wouldn’t really have missed out on anything.” He awkwardly laughs as he looks into my eyes, captivated by the truth and the love that was flowing out of him.

“When you finally opened up to us and saved us from the Collector I started to feel this hatred for you, I couldn’t understand why except for the fact that my relief became my anxiety! I was being stupid again and decided that the affection I thought I felt was fake and dismissed the idea of you being my mate, until Sehun claimed you. I was so pissed off because that meant that you could have been mine if I hadn’t played around with my powers when I was younger. It wasn’t until Kris threatened to make you leave that I realized that I was being an idiot, even if I couldn’t make you mine that didn’t mean that I couldn’t enjoy having you in my life, and loving you as a pack member is the closest I could get to a real mate.” He confesses as he leans in and captures my lips with his.

I could feel all the pent up stress Kai had been going through in this one kiss, my heart burning with a desire to make him understand that I wasn’t disappointed with him, I wasn’t going to hold his past against him, just as I would never want the same done to me. As he breaks the kiss he still holds me close, putting his forehead on mine.

“I hope you will think of that as me claiming you as well.” He smiles at me, the sweetest smile I have ever seen. He goes in for another kiss but is jolted away as the door bursts open revealing a group of jealous mates, though they seem to be smiling happily.

“Alright, you had your moment, now it’s our turn.” Sehun says as he hops on the bed as well.

“Wait a second guys! Are we forgetting the fact that we have to explain how the vampire died? Did the alphas question anything?” I ask as they all file into my room.

“Actually, to my utter surprise Xiumin came up with a great lie and has already informed them that myself and he ran into the blood er and ended him.” Luhan informs us as I find myself being snuggled by all my new mates. I am still shocked but they seem so sincere, like it was more to them than just instincts, they actually chose me.

“Oh we did honey, and we all are very proud of the decision we made.” Lu reassures me.

“If you all really feel this way about me, and have been so understanding of my cryptic behavior I think I owe you as well. I told myself that I would tell my story to the Alphas first, hoping they would forgive me for everything, but since Luhan knows I think it’s only fair that all of you do, so please Luhan, show them.” I say shaking a bit, they could hate me after finding out, I’m not proud of how weak and feeble I was. If they see me as a strong person than they will be disappointed by my past self.

“If you are sure than I will, than we have another subject to discuss.” Luhan say as I let him in, to share what he sees with his brothers.

As I watch them all react to seeing my memories I notice Kai is the first to shed a tear, Lay is the first to reach over and squeeze my hand. Luhan seems to look away, even though he can’t. What I didn’t except was Sehun saying nothing, looking cold as a stone. Once Luhan was done Sehun stood up and just left.

“Hey, Sehun what the hell?” Kai calls after him, but I shake my head, telling him to let Sehun leave.

“Don’t think he is walking away from you ok? He is just going to handle it the only way he can.” Lay says smiling sadly at me.

“Look, this has to be the hardest, longest and happiest day for us and I think we should get some well-deserved sleep.” Luhan mentions, reminding me that all this went down in one freaking day. I smile at them as they all get up to leave. “I was going to explain the whole mind link problem we are experiencing but that’s too much for today, plus Kris wanted to speak with you, but based on Sehun’s abrupt exit he may be too busy to come talk to you. Don’t worry, we won’t let him take you away from us.”

As they all begin leaving my room, I head out to my balcony for some fresh air. On my small table outside is a cigarette with a note attached to it.

[We figured you would come out here, this is a witch’s brew, made to smoke instead of drink. I know that you heal the best when the method involves fire, it should continue the pain relief. Amber will give you another one at school on Monday. Get some rest! Your New Sisters]

I forget that Victoria met me when I was little, around the time I joined up with the Elves, she did the initial inspection of me, like my first doctor pretty much.  I smile thinking I never thought my life would ever be like this, I was happy enough knowing I had brothers that cared about me. But here I am being cared for by people and I in turn want nothing more than to do the same. Granted a few guys are still completely unhappy with me and Suho, who I thought kind of liked me now seems to think I’m nothing but trouble.

As I sit outside enjoying the quiet for once my mind thinks back on Sehun’s actions after seeing my past, maybe it was too much for him and I somehow offended him. I have never been one to go looking for pity, I just thought that being completely honest with them was the best way I could show them that they were important to me.

Just as I finish and head inside I find Kris standing in my doorway, not ready for this confrontation I give him a questioning glare.

“I wanted to talk to you about something but it appears our maknaes has ran off and so I don’t have time so..” I wanted to let him finish but decided I just wanted him to leave.

“Than what are you doing here? Go find Sehun and worry about your pack rather than wasting time on me, priorities right?” I say, giving him a taste of his own medicine.

“Right, well yeah I’ll go.” He awkwardly states as he leaves the room. I am positive he was going to ask me to leave, now with the vampire gone he has no reason to keep me around.

As I get comfortable in my bed, the witch’s brew alleviating a lot of the pain I had, the wind outside starts picking up. I get up to go see how bad it was getting, only for lightning to also strike, illuminating the night. A lone figure stands on my balcony as rain starts to fall from the sky, soaking his body almost immediately, I rush to unlock the slider to invite him in.

“Sehun? What are you doing, get in here before you get sick!” I say as I reach for his hand to lead him inside, but he quickly pulls away from my touch and I can’t quite read the expression on his face.

We stand there getting completely soaked as he continues to stay in place.

“Well, I’ll leave the door open so please at least come inside ok?”

“I can’t” He finally says, causing me to turn to look at him.

“Why not?”

“I don’t think I deserve to.”

“I don’t understand, why would you not deserve to Sehun? Please just come inside ok, I wouldn’t invite you in if I didn’t think you deserved too.” I say as I notice his slightly shivering lips.

He took a tentative step forward but didn’t come in. I can play hard ball too. I went outside with him and sat in the chair, waiting for him to make the next move.

“Go inside now.” He almost orders me.

“Why should I? You won’t listen to me so why should I return the favor?”

“You have had a rough couple of days and are still recovering, I can’t handle it if you get sick as well?” He says sternly but I show no signs of budging.

“Well I won’t move till you do so I guess we are both getting sick.”

“You stubborn fox!” He sighs as he reaches to pick me up but I stand right as he reaches me, coming face to face with each other.

“You are soaking wet now.” He points out, looking annoyed as the wind picks up around the both of us. “Stupid rain, I can’t even dry us off.” He sighs in frustration as the wind continues to circle us. Catching on to what he was trying to do I open up my hands in-between us.

A small blue flame ignites in my hands, surprising Sehun.

“Even Chanyeol can’t make flame in the rain, he hates this weather and?!” He is cut off as I move my hands into his gusts of wind, causing his wind to mix with my flames, circling us in the same manner his wind was, not burning anything but slowly drying us off. “Beautiful.”

“It seems our powers make a wonderful mix wouldn’t you say?” I smile as the blue flame swirls around us, as if dancing just for us.

“No.” He snaps, his wind stopping as he heads inside, leaving me alone outside.

He turns to me again once inside my room, clicking his tongue he reaches out and pulls me in the room as well.

“I ruined the moment didn’t I?” He asks.

“What is going on Sehun? If this is about my past than please talk to me, whether it has changed how you feel or how you see me please don’t just ignore me!” I say as tears start running down my face.

Sehun’s eyes widen at my reaction.

“I’m a failure.”

“Huh?”

“I have utterly failed and I don’t know how to handle it.”

“What have you failed at? You helped me out earlier with the Alpha’s so I’m not sure what you mean?” I say biting my inner cheek, afraid he meant a failure as a wolf for choosing me as a mate.

“All this time, I have been dreaming of finding my mate, loving and protecting her from all that would seek to harm her, yet here you are standing in front of me, in pain and hurting from old and new wounds. I can’t take back the pain you have experienced,” He says as tears roll down his cheek. “I failed you, I couldn’t protect you.” He says as his voice lowers to barely a whisper.

I audibly sigh. Reaching up to his sad face, I bring his lips to mine for a passionate kiss as I wrap my arms around his waist as he quickly pulls me into his chest, holding onto me stronger than anyone ever has.

“I understand what you are saying,” I say as I rest my head on his chest, listening to the quickening of his heart. “But if my past wasn’t the way that it was, I would never have met you or any of the pack, and I wouldn’t trade in my past for anything better if it meant that I couldn’t meet you guys.”

He pulls me away from his chest to look at him, a smile so big on his face that it finds a place on mine as well. “I never thought I could love someone as much as I love my brothers, but this kind of love I am feeling for you is so different, and I’m addicted.” He grins at me as he pecks my lips again.

“I feel the same way, I thought I was so lucky to experience any type of love that I was content with the brotherly love I received from my brothers, but this feeling is so different and honestly a little scary.” I say as I look him in eyes, being as sincere as I can. “I had told myself a long time ago that I wouldn’t feel pity on myself for never finding love, hell I didn’t really understand what love was or meant at the time. Now here I am standing here with you, someone I have come to love and you tell me your feelings are mutual so please don’t feel sad that you couldn’t save me because here and now, you have saved me more than I ever thought someone could, I love you Sehun.” I say with a confidence I never thought possible.

He smiles widely at me as he grabs a towel and ruffles it in my hair. “Let’s get some sleep, I feel like will hit the fan in the morning when Kris asks you to leave, which won’t happen of course.” He assures me as he heads out to get changed. I quickly do the same and snuggle into my bed as the door slowly opens again to reveal Sehun in his pj’s looking grumpy as hell.

“What happened now?” I ask as he swings the door open more to show a sad looking Tao clinging to Sehun’s shirt.

“He wants to sleep in here too.”

“Please Nana?” Tao begs with little puppy eyes, I motion for them both to come in. Tao rushes in and joins in me on my bed, hugging his panda pillow.

Sehun paces the room while Tao starts to drift to sleep. He checks the locks on the slider and makes sure all the windows are locked before joining me under the blankets, wrapping his arms around my waist as I relish in the warm and safe feeling his body provides, shocked that I didn’t really appreciate it the first time he stayed with me.

“Goodnight Jagiya.”

“Goodnight kareshi.”

 

Author’s Note:

This was such a weird chapter. I felt like I owed you guys some sweet moments, I didn’t want to just blow over the confessions but I was a bit nervous about writing cute stuff cuz I didn’t want to change or belittle the characters I have developed and make them seem all sappy and lame all of a sudden but I’m pretty happy with how this came out, it is cute but it has feelings and awkwardness which I feel represents a more real confession than anything else lol

P.S I freaking love you guys!!! I get so excited to see comments from you guys and so many of you have lately.

Shout out to CharaHoneyChan for your continued support as well as Nykitabanana for the awesome and really detailed comments you guys are what keep me going!

Also a What-up to rilopezl, who caught on way too quickly!lol, Nadhirah, InsomniaQueen and EhmandEhm for subscribing and commenting as well, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to not only read but leave feedback.

As always thanks so much to everyone and don’t forget to leave any advice or comments on how you feel about the direction of the story as they are always welcome and see you all in the next chapter lol.