Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

When You're All Alone

 

WYAA Chapter 9

 

 

 

Once we got home I decided I would go rest in my room and start on homework. I also have to explain to the guys and the Hyungs what happened at school and hope they don’t freak out on me or go complaining to Kris about it, it was all on me and I shouldn’t have provoked Tae-Sung’s group when I know other SN’s go to school there.

 

“Welcome home everyone!” Ken greats us once inside the restaurant. He and the rest of Vixx are hanging out with the Hyungs and they look like they are having a good time.

 

Welcome back, how was your first day Nana?” Donghae asks but I can tell that Leetuek hyung already knows and so does N, well .

 

“Just fine, I found something to fill my free period, I’ll be with the nurse Miss Victoria, as her assistant.” I say with a smile while flaring my eyes at the two leaders who are slowly approaching me.

 

“Excuse us Hae we have the last bit of paper work to go over with Natsume.” Leetuek says and I as well as everyone else in the room shiver at the tone of his voice.

 

Once we were up in my bedroom N quickly tossed off my blazer and shirt to see the bruises on my back.

 

“Are you kidding me, and on the first day of school, I know you’re a sly little trickster but who did you piss off and for heaven’s sake why?” Leetuek was fuming, I could almost see the steam coming out of his ears.

 

“Please let me explain, I was in the main office and when I exited I ran into a group of punks and they wanted to start something with me because I was with Exo. Long story short I talked back to him and one of s threw me against the wall.”

 

“I’m surprised they would considering you’re a girl but why would you even retort like that?” N asked while tapping his foot impatiently.

 

That’s when I explained everything that had gone down at school and how I agreed with the boys and that saying I was a forest spirit was the perfect excuse and would keep prying eyes off me. They both seemed to understand and did agree with me though Leetuek kept this annoying grin on his face I couldn’t comprehend.

 

“Well at least now you can call us and them Hyung without it being weird and causing confusion, what if they think you’re a boy already I mean surely they have noticed.” Leetuek said with N nodding in agreement.

 

“Honestly I have been trying to say the other word but ugh, no thank you bad memories surface and I hate it, but at least playing a boy will be easier for me to do.” I say and they both get sad eyes.

 

“Come on Hyungs lighten up, that was a long time ago and I’m used to Hyung anyways I mean growing up watching all of you call each other that I stupidly copied you and since you guys thought it was cute you didn’t correct me. Honestly I don’t even see the word Oppa as a friendly word to begin with.” I say hoping to cheer them up.

 

“That’s a relief because the few times you called us that I thought I was going to puke.” Siwon said as he walked in my room. “I could feel your discomfort the moment I entered the house, do I need to beat the crap out of any of those howlers downstairs?”

 

“Not at all Hyung, actually they don’t even know. I kind of hid it from them, but Lay-shii found out, said he could tell I was in pain,” I paused and thought for a second, why didn’t I make the connection. “He’s a healer isn’t he?”

 

“I would answer you, even though it’s obvious, but you need to ask them yourself. I’m serious about them protecting you and you need to make an effort to get to know them, they can protect you, just trust them.” Leetuek says with the affection I have come to accept from all of them, my precious brothers. However all this protective talk is coming out so strong from them and they usually aren’t so paranoid. My suspicions is flaring right now.

 

“Tell me”

 

“Huh, what do you….”

 

“Tell me what’s going on right now!”

 

“Ok ok calm down, Hyung you should tell her before she sets something on fire with that gaze.” N says to Leetuek giving him a little shove forward as he ushers himself and Siwon out of the room.

 

“Listen Natsu, we have been summoned to the Great Forest by the Elders, It is time for us to succeed the throne, There aren’t many of us left that are considered Royalty and the court is tired of us playing around. Luckily they are not calling us all to the Capital, the younger ones will stay here, and those that they deemed unfit for the throne.” Leetuek says and I already have tears threatening to fall. I knew this day would come and have been dreading it for a long time.

 

“Henry and Kyuhyun will stay here along with Donghae and Eunhyuk. They will continue this business as the Court finds it important to the Supernatural society, however the rest of us have been called to the meeting of the Elders to discuss our succession.” The more he talks the more I feel my heart breaking, I just got to see them all again and now I have to depart with them all over again.

 

“What about Zhoumi, I’m sure he and Henry are considered the “unfit” ones.” I say trying to be strong. “Do I get to keep living here with them?”

 

“Of course you do, Zhoumi will be staying as well, with Kangin gone someone has to do the cooking.” He says trying to lift my spirits. “The pack is also moving into this place, it works better for them with it being so close to the school and it is already considered the Alpha zone of this Forest.” He says as he kneels down in front of me as I sit on the edge of my bed.

 

“Look at me Natsume, I will be leaving the protection of this forest, to those boys, they have done well under our supervision. They have exceeded our expectations and we feel they can be trusted. I’m sure they will do a wonderful job as I can sense the love this land has for them already.” He says as he takes hold of my hand. I nod to him, I also feel as though they are quite capable of protecting this land and its people.

 

“However they are only its protector, this land has belonged to us for many decades as you well know. It isn’t used to change and doesn’t accept people on a whim, until the day we brought you home with us. That day the forest came alive to welcome you here and we as a whole have decided that it could only have one person as its new leader, You.” He says to me and I can’t even breathe, I thought he recruited the pack for this reason or at least I had my suspicions but this isn’t what I expected at all.

 

 “I know you always loved it here and the residents love you as well, you grew up here, it is your home, and it is time for you to make it your own. No more running Nana, it’s time for you to accept the fate that was upon you at birth, and although it was a painful journey look at what you have achieved for yourself. You have become a powerful young women who could have an entire forest at her call if she asked, it is the moment we of Super Junior have been waiting thousands of years for. We finally found a descendant worthy of our home and even though we are not blood related, to us, you are our one and only precious little sister. We don’t want to lose this land to someone who isn’t worthy or doesn’t appreciate it.”

 

“Are you sure about this Hyung? I’m not safe to be around, how can I protect something when not being there is the best way?” I ask as my hands start to shake in his. He holds them tighter and brings them to his lips.

 

 “You can’t run from this anymore, but please do not be afraid, you will always have us and the many more allies you will recruit as you continue to live here, hell you already have a group of Incubus that would do anything for you.You are more capable than any other person and I have seen you give your all and I know that you are strong enough to take on anything that is thrown at you. We believe in..” Right as he was finishing his speech my door burst open as all the hyungs were crying and bombarding my bed, for once I fully received their adoration and hugs as I couldn’t believe they would trust me with the home they have protected for so long, I mean I always thought of it as my home but not in that way, more like the home I shared with my family, but now they are giving me the biggest gift I could ever receive, a real home I can call my own.

 

“Alright guys I …..guys, guys, HEY THAT IS ENOUGH I CAN’T EVEN BREATHE!!!WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS GEEZ!” I say as I literally feel tears and snot and just *shivers* they are so nasty sometimes.

 

“Sorry we all have been dreading this moment and stupid Hyung here had to give such a beautiful speech, he’s so sentimental sometimes it’s too adorable.” Heechul says as he pats my head and removes me from the pile of sissies on my bed.

 

“After I finally come home to you guys most of you have to leave though and I have to admit I’m disappointed.” I say trying not to turn into a crying mess, seriously I hate showing weakness to these guys.

 

“Wait what about Exo, will they be happy about this, to them I’m just a human, would they accept me as a leader of the land they protect, and I don’t want them to hate me or think they are being belittled by you guys.” I say worried that they would be pissed and hate me, I really don’t want them to hate me.

 

“Honestly we are a little worried as well, we haven’t told them yet, this is why we want you guys to get along and became friends.” Yesung says as he settles down in the chair to my left. They haven’t told them but they are all downstairs wondering what all the commotion is up here, luckily I can feel the veil keeping this from their ears.

 

“Do you remember how upset they were when you found out they were wolves, they are rare these days and one of the top hunted SN’s other than vampires. The reason is today’s society and all their dumb romance movies have made Hunters extra paranoid about normal’s thinking they are safe to go looking for. We know that most of them are not a danger to humans and Exo wouldn’t intentionally harm anyone no matter what they are. However they do need to be careful, especially in a town of mixed society, where one mistake can lead to Hunters knowing they could be in the area, one dumb blog or blurry photo can seem fake and dumb to humans but to hunters it becomes a scouting mission.” Leetuek explains.

 

I know they didn’t like it when Vixx revealed what they were to me, I mean I couldn’t figure it out immediately. I assume because they were concealing themselves a bit but I would have eventually, when Kai left to get their things to spend the night, when he returned he just smelled like a doghouse would.

 

“Are you telling me this so as to understand them more hyung? Because if you are I am utterly horrified!”

 

“Hey I didn’t mean it like that at all, what I’m saying is that you guys are fairly similar and I want you to be able to move past the secretive lifestyle and be able to open up to them under a similar understanding. I’m not asking you to completely understand them or think that you are on the same level, I’m just asking you to try and make more friends that are like family, and one best friend isn’t an accomplishment.” Leetuek retorts and I do get what he means, I just have a really hard time trusting people and honestly I feel like I can trust them and that makes me even more worried.

 

“Leave Miyu out of this, she may be the one person besides you Hyungs that I couldn’t live without, but she and I understand each other completely, even if she ditched me to hang out with those..boys.” I say as I think of my best friend, she is in Japan with her soul mates and I know they will protect her better than I could.

 

“Hey we love Miyuki, Kyuhyun had the cutest little crush on her when you first brought her back with you from Japan.” Siwon teases as they all mess with the maknae.

 

“Anyways, we need to go downstairs before the boys start wondering what’s going on, oh and have Lay heal you, you need to be able to trust in them instead of us.” Donghae scolds as they leave my room and ask Lay to head up to my room.

 

I hear him enter as I remove my button up and replace it with a tank top for it to be easier for him to see my wound. As I turn around I notice he isn’t looking at me, being very respectful. I wave him in and he says to lay on my stomach so he can take a better look.

 

“I will have to pull up your top, is that ok?” he asks

 

“Just do what you have to do, I will comply.”

 

I hear him take in a sharp breathe at the sight of my bruises, they are much better than they were earlier so I imagine he must wonder how a human girl could withstand such an attack.

 

“How were you able to handle this, it looks horrible and Miss Victoria put that amazing herbal cream on it and it still looks this bad? I’d say it would be best for you to stay away from Tae-Sung’s group, I don’t want anything like this happening again. I won’t tell the Hyungs about it but please don’t keep it to yourself and try to trust in us more.” He says, I can feel his hands lightly grazing my skin as I refuse to even flinch.

 

“I’m sure it looks worse than it feels, honest. Thank you for not saying anything to them, I will do my best to not let this happen again, and if it does I will inform you and the pack immediately.” I say as I begin to feel less and less pain until his hands roughly push on the spot near my ribs. I whimper a little as he continues to push into my side.

 

***************************************************

 

“Are you kidding me?!” Lay yells and feels Natsume flinch at the tone, he thought he heard a yelp as black mist appeared before his eyes and there was Kai, with Sehun.

 

“Hyung what’s going on and oh you’re in her room Hyung!” Kai says as Lay realizes they aren’t in the best of positions with his hands on her and her shirt pushed up as she lays on her bed.

 

“I wanted to be the first to make a move, I tell you Sehun it’s always the quiet ones that you never suspect.” Kai says but is interrupted by Sehun as he shoves him aside to look at her back.

 

“When the hell did this happen? Who did this, did it happen at school, we were with you almost the entire time what the hell?!” Sehun outbursts suddenly. Kai finally notices and the smirk quickly disappears form his face. Lay looks slightly taken aback by the maknae’s sincere concern that is usually revered for their brothers.

 

“Hyung stop for a second on the healing will you?” Sehun asks.

 

“Why what’s wrong?”

 

“I have been feeling so uneasy lately and I think it’s because the wind has been a little rough today, now I know why. It was trying to tell me about her, that’s why it was circling her when she left to the bathroom at lunch.” Sehun says

 

“Her rib is fractured, I never would have thought she was in that much pain with the way she was acting.” Lay says to them.

 

“That’s just it Hyung, she was acting the whole time, why? Trying to make us pity you or cuddle up to you? Want us to be your cute little puppies that follow you around, huh? Well forget it, and I was thinking you weren’t like them and I actually..ugh!” Kai yells and poofs out of her bedroom.

 

“Sehun, go find out where that brat went and bring him back, take Tao with you.” Lay instructs him.

 

“Why does he always do this, so sensitive.” Sehun says as he walks out the room and downstairs to grab Tao.

 

“Please excuse Kai, he doesn’t like not knowing things, it reminds him of the things he wants to forget, don’t take it too personally.” Lay says as Natsume lowers her shirt and sits up.

 

“Woah, woah I’m not even close to being done, lay back down so I can finish healing the fracture.”

 

Within a fraction of a second she is at the window, she turns and muttered a “sorry” and out the window she goes. This is the second floor, and why is it always a window, the door works fine.

 

“Sigh, what is she part cat?”

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note

 

Finally some real action right?! I still have no idea what I’m doing but I feel like the story is flowing and developing on its own, I thought you were supposed to have a plan and follow it but I guess the story goes where it wants sometimes and so far I like it. I feel I have made some mistakes along the way and I plan to go back and fix some mistakes and add in some details that are lacking and hindering the story. If I do I will let my readers know so they can reread it if they wish and maybe find the story a little more intriguing. I realized it’s come out to about a chapter a month since I started and that’s a little lame, I want to at least get two chapters in a month but maybe now that the chapters are longer than they originally were that once a month isn’t horrible. I will strive for a better set of release schedules so please stick with me lol.

 

Thanks so much,

 

            Natsume

 

 

 

P.S Anyone have an idea what her “secret” is?