The Breakup

TVXQ - The Reunion (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Attention please: This is Yoochun's point of view!!! Enjoy!!!

We’re walking in the woods, and I’ve no idea who that guy is. He keeps talking to me as we knew each other.

“Excuse me… but who are you?”, I’m finally asking him in a polite way, even though I interrupted him.

Suddenly he’s standing still and lowering his paintball gun. His eyes are widely opened and his jawline’s dropping. Did I ask something wrong? I simply want to know who he’s…

“Yoochun… are you kidding me?”, he’s asking me, as if I’d have time to joke.

I’m tilting my head and lifting my brow. How does he know my name?

“Uhm… I’m not kidding, I mean it.”, I’m assessing and continuing to walk.

I need to shoot the others.

“Yoochun! Don’t… don’t you remember me?!”, he’s kinda worrying now and hurrying after me.

Geez, he’s annoying. What should I remember? I think he’s the one mocking around. I’m not answering him. I’ve to fulfill my duty.

“Yah!”, he’s screaming at me and grabbing my arm tightly, “Talk to me!”

Argh. What’s his problem! Dude, calm your , man. I’m harshly shaking off his hands and pushing him away strongly.

“Look, I’ve no time to fool around. Duty needs to be done!”, I’m saying kinda with an annoyed expression on my face, “I don’t know you, so stay away from me. We’re only military-comrades.”

He’s looking at me in shock. Not able to talk back. Good. We keep going silently. I really wonder who he is… How did he know my name? Maybe he’s heard of me before…

After a long while and about 25 soldiers we shot, the guy next to me is again talking to me.

“Yoochun… you lost your memories…”, he’s weirdly trying to explain, “It’s me… Uknow Yunho… Don’t you remember?”

You know Yunho? What’s that supposed to mean? Is he kinda joking? I can’t help but burst out laughing. This’s ridiculous. He’s ridiculous. I’m walking up to him and patting his shoulder.

“Listen dude, I don’t know Yunho.”, I’m informing him mockingly and smiling fake, “Let’s just go back. I believe the winners are already known.”

That Yunho-guy’s sadly lowering his face and remaining silent for the rest of our short journey back to Sir Dam.

Every soldier’s back already. Nearly all of them are covered with paint stains.

“Shim and Kim, please come here!”, Sir Dam’s ordering.

Two good-looking soldiers are stepping out of the lines and walking up to the parkour officer. Both’re smiling to their ears.

“You won this competition. As promised, you’re on leave!”, Sir Dam’s awarding them and patting their shoulders with a bright grin.

Shim and Kim are hugging each other, while Shim’s somehow a bit hesitant about the hug. Huh? I believe he’s glanced at me briefly… Why’d he do that? Yunho’s watching me too. What’s this? I feel like an animal in the zoo… The two soldiers are lining up again and Sir Dam’s saluting us off. I’m yawning and my stomach’s growling. I can’t wait to fill my tummy. Ugh…

“Chunnie!”, one of the winners’ calling for me and suddenly hugging me really tight.

I’m gasping for air and pushing him instantly away. Like I did with Yunho before. In a harsh way. What’s this?! Who’s he? Hugging me like that in public?!

“Yah! Uekyang Uekyang!”, he’s somehow shouting and laughing at the same time, “What’s wrong with you? I won… don’t you want to congratulate me?”

I’m stepping back and lifting my brow again. Why the hell should I do this? I lost the competition! I don’t care about others winning! Ugh! Yunho’s grabbing this soldier’s arm and pulling him away from me. He’s whispering into his ears, taking hella long. While they kinda argue about something, the other winner’s walking up to me. Geez, what’s this? Does everyone know me?

“So… you lost your memories…”, he’s telling me and crossing his arms, “We’ll make you remember.”

He’s smirking evil. Wow… what a cold feeling. I’m shuddering looking at him, smirking like this. Who’s he?

“I’m Max Changmin.”, he’s answering and patting my shoulder harshly, before grabbing my arm and dragging me into the great building.

What’s he doing?! Let me go, weirdo! Ugh! Why do all insane people come to me?!

“I’m not weird at all.”, he’s again answering me as if he were able to read my mind.

This’s giving me chills. Is he… reading my mind? Damn it… how scary…

“I’m not really reading your mind. That’s Cassie’s job. I’m just able to read his.”, he’s explaining strangely, “Listen, Yunho’s lying to Junsu right now. Before Junsu notices, we’ll bring back your memories. And the best way to do this…”

“Let go of me! You’re crazy!”, I’m shouting at him and shaking off his arms, pushing him away strongly, nearly making him fall.

He’s staring at me angrily and walking up to me again. Not giving in. He’s grabbing my shoulders and pushing me against the wall in the hallway.

“Listen Yoochun. I’ve no time for you to remain like this. I won’t let anyone hurt Cassie!”, he’s saying weird things as his eyes are flashing fire, “If Junsu’s to hurt, Cassie will too, but worse! So… I’m definitely not going to let this happen!”

Who the hell's “Cassie”?! Is he mocking me?!

He’s pressing his forearm on my chest, choking me a little, and with his other hand grabbing my chin. He’s tensing his nostrils and drilling his fingers into my cheeks, not hurting me though. His unequal eyes are set on me. And his glance’s nearly devilish. Is he evil? Is… is... is he insane? Probably a psycho? I’m gulping. He’s smirking again and opening his eyes widely. What a crazy look!

“Yoochun!”, I’m hearing the other winner Junsu calling happily for me.

Yunho’s walking besides him. They’re approaching us and Junsu’s telling the soldier, who’s still pressing me against the wall, to let me go. Changmin’s expression’s abruptly changing. His smirk’s slowly turning into a serious expression. Suddenly he’s pressing his lips on mine. My eyelids are about to rip, that’s how I’ve opened my eyes. I’m holding my breath as I’m shocked.

What’s going on?!

I’m pushing the soldier off me and taking full swing to punch him, but Yunho’s quickly butting in and grabbing my arm. Changmin’s again smirking, briefly glancing at Junsu kinda sad and then back to me again. He’s mockingly patting my shoulder and walking away.

“Yoochun… calm down!”, Yunho’s saying and holding me back, otherwise I’d kick that of the idiot.

Junsu’s walking up to us and tilting his head with a sad expression. He’s not saying a word. Good for him. I’m done having idiots around me. Really, this’s getting on my nerves. I’m shaking off Yunho’s hands and walking into my room. I’ve to grab my towel and take a shower before mealtime.

The other two are following me.

“Yah, Jaejoong… who’re these people?”, I’m asking my friend, who’s lying on his bed.

Yunho’s suddenly covering Junsu’s ears and looking at me in surprise. Junsu’s shaking his hands off and walking up to me. He’s grabbing my arm and turning me over to face him.

“Don’t you remember me?”, he’s questioning me and looking sadly in my eyes.

Why’s everyone asking me the same thing? I don’t know them. Geez, why’s Jaejoong not helping me?

“Look, I don’t know you or him.”, I’m informing him and pointing at Yunho, “The only person I know is Jaejoong.”

My friend’s slowly getting up and standing right next to me. He’s checking up on my body and closely observing my face. His eyes are widely opened as he’s tilting his head and approaching my face, as if I were an alien or something else. Why’s he acting so weird? Geez, they’re all getting on my nerves!

“Yah! Stop fooling!”, I’m shouting at him and pushing him away.

Yunho’s quickly holding my friend and frowning at me madly. Jaejoong’s briefly groaning and grabbing his .

“Yoochun… you only remember Jaejoong…”, Junsu’s finally assessing, letting go my arm and lowering his face, “You… don’t remember your love…”

My love? What’s he talking about? Jaejoong’s patting his shoulder and sighing kinda sadly.

“We all knew it to happen one day…”, my friend’s telling and looking at me somehow depressed, “Yoochun, Junsu’s our JYJ-fellow and he’s your beloved one.”

JYJ? Beloved one? What?! Is… is he telling me that I’m into guys?! No way! Is this kind of an April’s fool thing… in December? It’s not funny at all. I’m not in the mood to fool around with them. This’s becoming extremely ridiculous. I’ve got no time for this. Nope.

I’m walking up to my locker and grabbing my towel and shampoo. Wait… what’s this? I’m picking up a photo of me, Jaejoong and that Junsu-guy. We’re really happy and it seems like we had fun taking this picture. Junsu’s touching my hair and laughing extremely, while Jaejoong’s covering his smile shyly and looking up with his eyes closed. I’m holding Jaejoong’s arm and smiling at Junsu. What’s this picture? Do I really know… Junsu? But… I don’t…

“That’s JYJ…”, Yunho’s telling me and putting his hand on my shoulder, “This’s you guys. Happily, come on Yoochun, you can remember if you want to…”

Remember? What? What’s going on? I feel dizzy. I really feel bad right now. I… I feel lost… If he’s my friend, why don’t I remember? Why can’t I memorize his face?

“Chunnie…”, Jaejoong’s letting go of Junsu and walking up to me, putting his hand on my other shoulder, “We’ll start making new adorable memories. But you’ve to give us a chance…”

I’m putting away the photo and turning around to look at Junsu, who’s glancing at me with teary eyes. Somehow, I feel very terrible about this. Why am I not able to remember him? I’m softly shaking off Yunho and Jaejoong’s hands and slowly walking up to my friend, whom I can’t remember. He’s biting his lower lip and wiping off his tears, which’re not falling yet. He’s then smiling at me fake, I can tell. Looking at him, I don’t feel any connection. I don’t feel like I’ve liked him before. He’s totally strange to me. How should I comfort him, when I don’t feel like we’re friends? Suddenly Changmin’s entering the room and staring at me. Yunho’s instantly going to him and whispering something in his ears. The soldier, who kissed me before is coming closer again and standing still right in front of me. He’s now between Junsu and me.

“Junsu… you should know something.”, he’s saying, his back’s turned at my alleged JYJ-fellow and his eyes are on me.

Jaejoong’s taking place on his bed and lying on his belly, while watching us and carefully listening to our conversation. Yunho’s taking place next to my friend and caressing his arms. Are they in a relationship?

“Yoochun likes me.”, Changmin’s suddenly assessing with an evil smirk, “Cassie knew it all along, but didn’t make you say it when we all confessed that day. Just because you felt a little bit bad… Your coughing and condition were the reason, why Cassie let you through that time. But too bad, I was able to read his mind that night.”

I do what? What?! Is that the reason he kissed me? To make me remember this feeling? Hell no! What the actual…?! Yunho’s abruptly jumping up and pulling Changmin away from us. Junsu’s again lowering his gaze and smiling sadly.

“I… know…”, he’s saying and looking up to face me, “After all… you liked Changmin a lot, years ago…”

What…? Years ago? What’re they all talking about? I’m not like this! If I like someone, then it’s gonna be always the same person!

“I’m fine with it… Really… don’t worry about it…”, he’s continuing sadly and then suddenly shedding tears, yet with a sad smile on his face, “I’m ok… with it.”

Then he’s breaking down, covering his face, and starting to sob, as if someone’d died. He’s definitely not ok with this. Changmin’s carefully touching his shoulder and comforting him. I’m only standing there and watching him cry. I… I don’t know what to do. This’s awkward. I don’t even feel sorry because I’ve no idea about all of this. Jaejoong’s getting up too and hugging Junsu, caressing his back. Yunho’s walking up to me and softly touching my arm.

“Yoochun…”, he’s sighing sadly, “We’re going to make some new memories. You’ll love Junsu again. Changmin’s just a brother to you, keep that in mind.”

Loving Junsu? Brother? Ugh! This’s too much for my brain to handle. I’m gasping for air, as I’m overstrained right now.

“Changmin, where’s Cassiopeia?”, Yunho’s asking his friend and letting me go, “We need him…”

The kiss-soldier’s standing up and crossing his arms, while thinking a lot about something.

“Well, I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since last night. After you guys were done ‘having dirty business’ I walked into our room all alone. I can’t remember him leaving though. But he definitely didn’t enter the room with me.”, he’s informing his fellow, “I know all of your thoughts, but there’s no Cassie…”

Who’s that Cassie they’re mentioning a lot?

“It’s our spirit-friend. A personalization of our fandom. Of Cassiopeia, the red ocean. He’s the one who keeps us believe in each other. Who’s hurting more than all of us. Who’s waiting for the day to vanish happily because we managed to become one again. Cassie’s simply the reason why we’re all together right now.”, Changmin’s answering me.

Damn it! How… how did he know that I…? So, he’s really able to read our minds through someone else. Through a spirit-friend. This’s crazy! Am I really buying this? It sounds so stupid.

“It’s not! I’d never lie about him!”, Changmin’s suddenly yelling at me angrily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter