Reunion Stage

TVXQ - The Reunion (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho’s attempting to walk up to the stranger, but I’m grabbing his arm instantly, making him stop moving. It’s for the better if I talk to the soldier. I believe Yunho would yell at him. I’m insisting on being the one to talk to the soldier. As my beloved one’s giving in, I’m immediately walking up to the stranger.

“Excuse me, did you just… take a picture of us?”, I’m asking him and he’s looking at me in kinda shocked.

The soldier’s lifting his phone and showing me his entire gallery. There’s no photo of us kissing, but a bunch of photoshopped ones. Oh, I see… he’s a YunJae fanboy.

“I… I only took a selfie to send it to my mother…”, he’s stuttering nervously and gulping, “I… I accidentally passed by here… I didn’t mean to interrupt… I’m sorry…”

I’m smiling at him. He seems really young to be in the military. I’m patting his shoulder and turning around to go back to Yunho, who’s watching us all attentive.

“Kim… You two gotta be careful… Don’t forget about the cameras.”, he’s warning me and then bowing all well-mannered, “I… I… wish you the best! I won’t tell anybody!”

The soldier’s running off like a girl would run away in a drama. Wow, I didn’t know that fanboys would support us… I mean… Yunho and I… we…

“Oi! Come back here!”, my beloved one’s calling for me, “Let’s go back in… Heechul’s probably waiting for you.”

Yeah, Chullie might be still here. I’m hurrying towards Yunho and telling him about the soldier, that he’s not a threat at all. My beloved one’s laughing amused and putting his arm around my shoulders, making us look like best buddies. We’re entering the room, where still some of the soldiers are talking to their families or friends. Damn it, Boa’s still here. Ugh. She’s talking to Heechul. Why’s she talking to him? Ugh! I don’t want her to be close to my friends. Am I overreacting?

“I’ll handle it.”, Heechul’s saying and then standing up, while noticing us, “Huh, you guys are done talking?”

I’m nodding and briefly glancing to my ex-best friend. She’s smiling, walking up to Yunho, whispering something into his ear and bumping fists with him before leaving. Heechul’s seeing us off too. They’re leaving together. Ugh, what did she tell Yunho? Yoochun’s actor-friend’s leaving too, making my JYJ-member join us. Junsu’s gone already and Changmin’s also not here.

The three of us are walking back side by side in silence. Soldiers are watching us, as we pass them by. They’re whispering, staring at me and Yunho. I wonder if the stranger from earlier told the others. Why’re they looking at us, as if we were rare animals in the zoo? I don’t feel good about this at all…

“Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho. Please the both of you come to the commander’s office.”

A voice’s echoing through the entire hallway, probably in the whole building. It’s being repeated three times. Damn it, why’s the commander calling for us? Did he see us? Ugh, how’d we be so careless kissing in the hallway?! Ugh! All Yunho’s fault! Yoochun’s showing us his tongue and then leaving to our room. Yunho and I are walking straight to the commander’s office. Wow, it seems like yesterday, when I first entered the office… back when the old commander was alive, and Yunho being not enlisted yet. Since then, so much happened. If Yunho didn’t enlist, I wonder how my days would have been… Fate brought us back together… Who knows, maybe Yunho would have ended up marrying Yujin…

“Jaejoongie, are you listening?”, my beloved one’s questioning me and stabbing my side, “We’re not going to tell the commander anything about us, alright?”

I’m nodding. I don’t trust the military staff. Sir Rang was a total freak and the commander before him was a psycho too. I won’t forget how he punched Yunho. We’re knocking on the door and waiting for the new commander to call us in. He is doing so after one minute.

Yunho’s stepping in first, I’m staying close behind him. We’re saluting the commander, who’s staring at us with an evil glance. Brrr, looking at his expression makes me shiver!

“I’ll make it quick.”, he’s assessing with a freaking deep voice, “I’ve been told by both your agencies to take care of your actions.”

What?! No! Ugh, what’s this?! Not again! We don’t need a commander to watch over us! Please no!

“I’ve told them, that I don’t care. In here, you’re not celebrities but soldiers. You won’t be treated special.”, he’s informing us and then clapping his hands, “Both your agencies agreed for a reunion stage and asked for you guys to take the day off tomorrow, but I rejected. As I said, you won’t be treated special. Jung, you go tell Shim about this and Kim, you go tell your JYJ-fellows. You’re not leaving the military base tomorrow.”

A reunion stage? What? But how? Why didn’t Heechul tell me? Doesn’t he know? What’s this all of a sudden anyway? Now that Yunho plans to tie knots with me… Something’s really fishy. Why do I feel uncomfortable about this? The commander’s ordering us to stay in tomorrow, no matter what. Treating us special isn’t fair, yeah… but this’s a huge thing! A reunion stage...

We’re back in our room. Changmin’s sitting on Yunho’s bed and staring to the floor. He’s avoiding my beloved one’s eyes. And Junsu, who actually told me about Yunho’s plans is acting as if he weren’t the one blabbing out the secret among them. What a poker face he has!

“Yoochun!” Yunho’s suddenly yelling at my fellow, “I trusted you! Why did you tell him?!”

Wait, so Yoochun’s the one who told Junsu about us tying the knot? I mean, about Yunho’s plans... Junsu’s instantly jumping up and stepping between them. He’s immediately admitting that it was him who informed me. Yunho’s expression changes abruptly. His gaze now seems like as if he were to be mocked by us. That “Really now?”-expression. I’m brushing my teeth in the middle of our room and listening to their conversation silently. I don’t want to say anything about getting married. I don’t even know if I’d accept. What about my family? I mean… would they really support me when it’s truly happening? Same goes for my fans. I’ve read a lot of comments by our fans stating that they’d support us no matter what… but if it’s no longer only a fiction but real, would they still support us? I can’t help but feel like a lot of them would turn their backs on us… Am I allowed to disappoint them? Are we?

“I’m sorry… but I couldn’t keep it from Junsu…”, Yoochun’s apologizing, kneeling and folding his hands in front of his face with his eyes closed tightly, “Forgive me!”

My beloved one’s patting his shoulders and pulling him up, making him stand. Junsu’s laughing at them but becoming all silent when Yunho’s staring angrily at him. Changmin’s looking up finally. He seems a little bit worried. I believe it’s because Cassiopeia’s not here right now.

“Guys… SM and CJes agreed on a reunion stage… Avex’s pumped for it anyway… There’s a meeting tomorrow to talk about the details and we’re wanted to appear.”, Yunho’s informing the others and letting go of Yoochun’s shoulders, “The problem’s… that the new commander won’t let us go.”

Junsu’s jumping up and shrieking in unbelief. Yoochun’s looking at Yunho in surprise, as he also probably didn’t expect this kind of news.

“So, SM finally accepted on showing the transactions?”, he’s asking.

Yunho’s shrugging. We don’t know the details yet. The commander didn’t tell us anything else. It’s all of a sudden anyway. I believe something’s behind all of this. I don’t feel comfortable about this. My heart’s telling me not to go.

“We’re going to break out!”, Junsu’s screaming, “Tonight! Let’s ask Eunhyuk for help! They might help us to get out of here!”

Changmin’s standing up too, pulling back my energetic JYJ-fellow and shaking his head instantly.

“No way! We might get caught!”, our maknae’s assessing and looking at the other three of us to have us agree his words.

Yunho’s lowering his gaze and Yoochun’s squinting. Wait… don’t tell me! They want to break out too? No way!

“We can’t! Changmin’s right!”, I’m shouting and nodding hysterically while all the toothpaste’s running out of my mouth.

Yuck! I forgot about the brush in my mouth. Ugh… I’m wiping the paste with the back of my hand and hurrying into the restroom to wash up. Then I’m running outside and taking place next to Changmin. Grabbing his hand and showing the others that I’m on his side about this. I don’t trust this at all. Maybe the commander’s testing us. Why didn’t Heechul tell us anything? Or Boa? Did she?

“Did Boa tell you about this?”, I’m asking my beloved one, “She whispered into your ear… What did she say?”

Yunho’s tilting his head and crossing his arms. He’s thinking about something. Why’s it taking him so long to answer me?!

“What did she tell you?!”, I’m yelling curiously.

Changmin’s covering his ear since my voice’s cracked again. This happens a lot to me when I’m nervous or excited. Yunho’s stepping up to me and kneeling to my feet, holding my hands, and looking deep into my eyes. What’s this? Is… is he going to propose now? Like this? Now?! Ah! Wait, I’m not ready yet! I’m in my pajamas! I’m not styled… I look like a trash-kid! No! Not like this! Uh, now I’m even trembling. My hands are sweating… Oh no!

“Listen, Jaejoongie… I… I trust Boa a lot. I know you both had a disappointing friendship, but she’s changed.”, he’s telling me, “Back then everyone was… butthurt. That’s how it’s in the entertainment industry…”

Oh well, he isn’t proposing! Good. But telling me about the past isn’t the answer to my question. I just want to know what she told him!

“Jaejoongie… your hands are sweating…”, Yunho’s assessing and caressing both backs of my hands with his thumbs, “Boa told me that she… That she’s to gather the ones in SM, that’d support our decision… SM can’t kick us all out, right?”

Changmin’s jumping up now and opening his eyes widely.

“You mean, she’s going to tell everyone about you two?!”, he’s shouting at his fellow and pulling him away from me, “Are you ing nuts?! There’s still a lot of time until we’re done with the service! If this spreads outside, we’re all done even before the planned Reunion Stage’s to happen!”

Yoochun’s nodding to our maknae’s words and Junsu’s agreeing too. Yeah, Changmin’s definitely right!

“Don’t worry, Heechul’s going to make sure that no one tells the CEO and manager.”, Yunho’s adding, “He’ll be able to keep everything under his control.”

Ok, Heechul’s really special and different from all the other SM-artists, but no way he’s to keep everyone silent! Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter