Deadly Parkour

TVXQ - The Reunion (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks have passed since I’ve talked about Jaejoong with Yunho at the courtyard. Since then, he’s avoided Jaejoong and Jaejoong avoided him. I’ve spoken to both, and I even told them, that it was kinda stupid… but there was no use. They’re still avoiding each other. They won’t even come across or look at each other when they pass by. They seem like total strangers. I’ve asked Jaejoong about their talk, and he told me that he cried into sleep that night and he doesn’t want me to mention Yunho ever again. I’m really sad about it. I know how both feel… and how much they’re suffering. But there’s nothing I can do.

I’m dressing up and waiting for Yunho to leave the restroom, so we can walk outside to the training. Today’s gonna be a tough day. We’ll be exhausted after the training. It’s gonna be a hard parkour. This time a dangerous one.

As Yunho’s finally out of the restroom, we’re walking outside. Our nameless roommate has left early today. It’s his day off. Somehow, he’s been treated differently by the commander. There’s something bothering me about him. I don’t trust him yet. I’m not sure, if he’s really helping Yunho or something else. I’m going to stay focused when he’s around.

We finally made it to the parkour grounds. The parkour officer Dam is already standing there with his arms crossed on his back. Yunho and I are stopping in the line and waiting for him to call out for the salute. He’s waiting for all soldiers to arrive. I’m spotting Jaejoong with some of his roommates. They seem really happy. I’m kinda disappointed that he’s able to have fun without Yunho. I mean… looking at Yunho I can tell that he’s still sad, but Jaejoong seems gotten over it already. He’s spotting me and waving at me with a big grin on his face. I’m waving back and smiling too. To be honest, I’m happy that he’s feeling good. I hope Yunho’s going to feel better soon too. I’m glancing at him and… nope. He’s staring at the parkour officer.

“Welcome my dear boys!”, he’s greeting us nicely with his deep voice and saluting us.

We’re all doing it at the same time too. The officer’s a really kind person. He’s loved by everyone. The commander can’t hold a candle to him. He’s a jerk, but Dam is an angel. It’s great to have someone nice here.

“First, you’ve to warm up!”, he’s ordering and pointing us to run few laps, “Then you’ll start the parkour. It’s dangerous, since it’s a new route. You’ll have to try hard and give all that you’ve got. Some of the security will watch your steps. So, if you get injured, you’ll be dragged back to the nurse. You’ll have to start over, except your injurie is a worse one.”

We’re all listening carefully to his words.

“Whoever makes it to the finish line first will get a day off, which means that you’re allowed to leave the military base until midnight.”, the officer’s adding and showing us his thumb up, “I wish you all good luck!”

We’re saluting him again and leaving the lines for good. I believe everyone’s going to push their limits. I have to make it first. I want to see Junsu again. I want to eat kimchi. Yunho’s stabbing my side with his elbow and making me focus on him.

“What’s it?”, I’m asking him silently and lifting my eyebrow.

He’s lifting his chin and pointing to a direction far in front of us. I’m squinting and putting my hand on my forehead to see what he’s trying to show me. I’m spotting a high wall and a deep pit. It’s the first barrier, and it’s designed to be only passable when, two or three people help each other. A leg-up. Yunho and I’m so going to help each other, but if one of us falls back, the other one’s not going to wait for him.

“May the best man win!”, we’re cheering at the same time and nodding with a smile.

Then the officer’s holding up his gun in the air.

“Before you guys leave. Whoever makes it first, is allowed to bring a friend along.”, Dam’s adding and winking, “This means, at least two of you can leave here after the parkour.”

This is great! When Yunho wins, he’ll take me and if I win, I’ll take… Yunho? Jaejoong? Damn it… whom shall I bring along?!

Suddenly the loud bang of Dam’s gun is to be heard everywhere. All the soldiers start running like never before. I’m the only one who’s been distracted. Damn it! I’m starting to run easily. I’m not going to push myself right away. Yunho’s gone already. I hope someone else will help him at the wall and pit… All of a sudden, someone’s grabbing my shoulder. I’m turning around and spotting Jaejoong. He’s smiling at me.

“Yoochun… don’t push yourself, ok?”, he’s telling me and running at my pace.

I know he’s hella fast, but why isn’t he running faster?

“Don’t you wanna have a day off?”, I’m asking him and being careful with my breath.

Jaejoong’s shaking his head and continuing to run next to me.

“I’m not going to leave you behind.”, he’s admitting and laughing, “I don’t care about being off. I’m afraid something could happen to you…”

He’s cute, but still, I don’t need his pity. But he’s right… if I push my limits my asthma could abruptly knock me down. Jaejoong’s a good friend. I’m happy to have him around at this time of my life. Military would be lame without him. I’m thanking Jaejoong with a soft punch on his arm, which makes me realize his biceps. Damn, he’s built some freaking muscles.

“Did Yunho…”, he’s suddenly trying to ask something, but breaking up immediately.

I’m not paying attention to his words, because I’m not a person to dig. If he wants to talk about Yunho, he should start without hesitation. Jaejoong’s abruptly stopping and looking to the ground. I’m stopping after a few steps too because I’m worried.

Why the hell is he standing still?! We gotta win this!

“Yah, hurry!”, I’m calling him.

He’s looking at me with a hateful gaze. I’ve never ever seen this expression of his. What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong? I’m carefully walking up to him and holding up my hands, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter