Love before Career

TVXQ - The Reunion (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s again them, messing everything up. Just like they did weeks ago with me and Jaejoong. I can’t believe that they did something like this without telling us. Right now, I’m really furious. I don’t know if I’m good talking to them for now.

Junsu and Changmin are exchanging looks and then suddenly bursting out laughing, patting each other’s shoulders, and nearly shedding tears due to breathless laughter.

“Uekyang Uekyang!”, Junsu’s loudly laughing wiping away his tears and chuckling.

Changmin’s also drying the corners of his eyes and then focusing on me, Boa and Heechul.

“Look at your faces! So hilarious!”, he’s shrieking amused, “It was worth it! Omg, I can’t…”

He’s again laughing unstoppable, while Junsu’s clearing his throat and glancing at our confused expressions.

“Don’t… Uekyang… don’t worry…”, he’s somehow talking and laughing at the same time, “We didn’t… we… Uekyang Uekyang… We didn’t… We…”

He isn’t able to end his sentence. Trying it again and again but falling back to laughter every time. Boa’s looking at them pretty much annoyed, but Heechul’s starting to smile all of a sudden. He’s then laughing too and patting my shoulder.

“They didn’t tell on you.”, he’s assessing, while Changmin and Junsu are nodding to his conclusion, “They mocked you.”

They’re still laughing, but as soon as my expression’s changing from shock and disappointment to anger and furiousness, they’re holding it. Changmin’s swallowing, as if he’d a rock in his throat and Junsu’s just staring at me.

“This is not funny!”, I’m scolding them, “Pabo! I could’ve dropped dead by this! Really, this is not funny at all!”

Changmin’s lowering his gaze, yet still giggling a little bit, while Junsu’s looking at me in an apologetic way. Man, these dorks are really nerve-wrecking. Phew, at least they didn’t tell on us.

“Well, it’s up to you now.”, Heechul’s stating and lifting his chin, “You’ve to tell them that you won’t marry Yujin.”

I’m nodding patting his shoulder, showing him how grateful I am. I’m lowering my gaze in front of Boa and apologizing, since I mistrusted her. She’s smiling at me and telling me that it’s ok. She isn’t blaming me at all. She isn’t even hurt a bit. Before I leave for the building, I’m angrily staring at Changmin and Junsu.

“Go back to the truck and tell the others that I’ll be back in a few minutes.”, I’m ordering and turning away, “I’ve got things to settle.”

Even though I can’t see my friends, because my back’s turned at them and I’m walking back into the headquarters, I still can imagine them smiling behind me. Boa and Heechul are probably grinning all proudly. I’m breathing in deeply and walking all the way up to our CEO’s office. Some of the staff are greeting me, now that JYJ is no longer around me. Yeah, they avoided my friends due to the issue, which happened in the past. Freaking seven years ago.

I’m about to knock on the door when I’m suddenly hearing the conversation of the CEOs inside. Damn, am I eavesdropping?! Ah, but… I need to know what they’re talking about… It’s not a bad thing, right? Ugh… What do I do? What do I do…?

“Well, for their Reunion Stage we need the Jamsil Olympic Stadium.”, Mr. Kim’s suggesting, “Their first concert needs to be in Seoul for the Korean fans, but I believe that all the Japanese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Chinese and other fans want to be there too. At least about 72.000 people could attend the concert in Jamsil.”

What?! Are they talking about our Reunion Stage? So, is this really going to happen? I… I’m confused… Heechul’s insisting that it’s not true, but they’re actually planning it right now. Whom should I trust? Ugh, I’m so confused…

“I agree, since it’s the largest stadium. I don’t think that they should perform in Japan at all. It’s just for once. We don’t need the fans to imagine JYJ and TVXQ to become one again.”, Mr. Baek’s assessing and I kinda hear him sigh deeply, “I’m afraid that the server for the ticket sales would crush.”

They really are planning it! If I walk in now and tell them that I don’t want to marry Yujin, they might become suspicious and drop the whole thing. What am I going to do? I… I can’t decide this on my own. What would the others do? Damn it, I… I don’t know what to do!

“I believe that we’d make a huge income, if we announce a concert for Seoul and Japan.”, Mr. Kim’s arguing against Mr. Baek, “We can add that it’s just a present to all the fans, now that they’re done with military, but they shouldn’t expect them to become one group.”

“I don’t know… Some fans might get offended. We shouldn’t concentrate on this. I need JYJ to perform for their fans too.”, Mr. Baek’s adding, “And I believe you want TVXQ to perform for their fans.”

They’re even talking about the separated fans? Ugh, time’s ticking. I need to do something… I’m knocking on the door. Yes, I need to tell them that I don’t want to marry Yujin.

As soon as I’m walking in, Mr. Kim’s smiling at me.

“Did you forget something?”, he’s then asking politely, “We were just talking about the Reunion Stage.”

I’m gulping. Now or never…

“It’s not going to happen.”, I’m assessing.

They’re both looking at me confused. Mr. Baek’s scratching his chin and focusing on me in worry. He might sense what’s coming.

“Why? Don’t you guys want to perform together for your fans?”, Mr. Kim’s questioning me, “I believe it’d be a huge thing for both groups. Much money, happy fans, you guys performing…”

I’m shaking my head, as this’s not what I meant.

“Oh, sure… we want to perform together.”, I’m telling him, “I was talking about the marriage. I… I don’t want to marry Yujin.”

Mr. Baek’s standing up and approaching me. He’s standing still close in front of me. Holding his breath and kinda frowning in worry.

“You mean, Jaejoong lied to me?”, he’s asking angrily.

I’m gulping again. Shoot, my heart’s pounding so freaking fast, I hope he doesn’t notice. My cheeks are probably turning red too. I’m so nervous. I feel it, he knows!

“Jaejoong… he…”, I’m stuttering, not able to complete my sentence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter