President Arrived in the End

TVXQ - The Reunion (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m speechless. I still can’t believe he’s standing in front of me. Are the organizers nuts? Why are they putting me in such difficult situations? Don’t they know that I’m not allowed to keep in touch with my old fellows? The commander will keep an eye on me now like a maniac. Damn it! SM’s not gonna be happy about this. Maybe they’ll pay the military organizers to put him out of my room.

“Uhm… you know, you don’t have to talk to me… but it would be nice. I mean… we’re not enemies, right?”, he’s telling me with a tired expression.

He must be really weary, probably have been awake since hours to come here. I can’t avoid him unless the commander forbids me to talk to him. I’m stretching my hand towards him to welcome him warmly. He’s looking at me surprised again. He probably thought that I would ignore him. Can’t blame him for that. He’s hesitating for a moment but then shaking my hand with a big grin on his face. I can’t believe that we couldn’t meet once. I really like him a lot and damn his smile, his attitude… I really missed it so much!

“Remember when it was me to high-five with you in our MVs and not Changmin?”, he’s telling me and holding up his hand ready for a high-five.

I can remember. We did it many times on stages for “Mirotic”. The high-five with him felt different than with Changmin. I’m not telling that it was better, but it was special in a different way. Shall I high-five? Yeah, dummy! I’m so not letting his hand in the air.

I’m holding up my hand too and we high-five like in the old days.

“I’m happy that you’re here, Yoochun.”, I’m saying with a bright smile on my face.

I feel so good. I feel so safe. I feel great!

“So… I can sense something…”, he’s suddenly murmuring and asking me nosy, “Did something happen between you and Jaejoong?”

How?! How is this possible? Why does Yoochun always know about me and Jaejoongie?! Am I obvious to him? Are we? I remember Cassies calling him the “YunJae President”. He deserves this title.

“How… tell me, how do you know?”, I’m questioning him with an eyebrow raised.

He’s looking at me with a big and bright grin on his face. His teeth are shining satin white. Yoochun’s patting my shoulder and sighing.

“Firstly… Jaejoong told me what happened in the kitchen.”, he’s admitting and winking at me with a bigger smile, “Secondly, dude… you both didn’t change at all. I can read your minds and faces. You are obvious to me, Uknow?”

I’m laughing at him using my stage name for actually asking me if I know. He’s nodding continuously and turning away to unpack his suitcase. I’m sitting on my bed and watching him for few minutes. Yoochun really is a great person.

He’s never turned his back on me or became angry with me, even after we’ve separated. Junsu was the only one so far, that I noticed via his posts that he was angry. Can’t blame him on this. The whole situation was awkward and ty. But it’s all in the past now!

“Yah… Jaejoongie and I kissed in the ordnance depot.”, I’m admitting and watching his reaction as he bursts out laughing, “Yah! That’s not funny! He pushed me away…”

Yoochun needs few seconds to come to rest. He’s clapping his hands and showing me his thumb with a wink.

“I can tell. As I said… it’s obvious. I can tell that you kissed twice! Am I right?”, he’s assessing.

He’s right. The second time was moments ago. Thinking about it… I wonder how Jaejoong’s doing. Is he treated well?

“I have to meet Jaejoong!”, suddenly Yoochun’s shrieking happily, “I gotta spend some time with him, before the real thing’s starting here…”

I’m looking at him sadly. I can’t help but shake my head and lower my gaze. I’m clasping my fingers and putting my hands on my knees.

“He’s in the treatment room…”, I’m admitting and sighing, “I’m not allowed to meet him ever again…”

Yoochun’s smirking and walking towards me to pat my shoulder again.

“Hehe, look. Being not allowed to do something, doesn’t mean to actually obey. What are rules for? Yeah… to break them!”, he’s comforting me, “If my name is Yoochun, and if I’m your friend then I’ll make you meet up with him without anybody noticing it!”

I’m raising my eyebrow and leaning back on my bed. I’m half lying now and staring nosily at my new roommate.

“How?”, I’m asking tensely.

Yoochun’s sitting next to me and bringing forth his military necklace.

“I’ll change this dog-tag thingy with him. Tomorrow’s duty is cleaning the rooms. And guess who’s on the list?”, he’s telling me, pointing at himself and me, “Yeah, it’s us. And you know what I was told? The commanding officer is someone new in this department, which means that he has no clue about Jaejoong’s and my looks. You’ll be in charge of cleaning all the rooms in our department’s hallway.”

I’m unbelievingly looking at him and punching him soft on his arm.

“Yah! You’re just trying to get out of your duty!”, I’m assessing and punching him softly again with a smirk on, “Thanks for your support though…”

Yoochun’s smiling back and leaning back on my bed too. He’s looking up to the bed above me and pushing his feet on it.

“It was worth a try.”, he’s saying and laughing, “It was a dump idea anyway… I mean they have our data, our photos and everything on paper.”

We’re sighing at the same time and looking at each other with a big grin. Yoochun’s standing up and stowing his suitcase under his bed. His bunk bed is near to mine. We’re totally going to talk a lot in the nights ahead. I hope our other roommates won’t get pissed at us…

“Don’t worry Yunho… I’m going to find a way to help you both through all of this. I swear!”, he’s cheering me up and walking towards the door, “I’ll visit Jaejoong now. Anything I should tell him?”

What a friend! He’s awesome. He’s trying hard for us. I’m blessed with him here. I can’t believe fate’s put him into my room. I won’t disappoint him! I won’t avoid him ever again. We’ll stay friends from now on until the end. Not SM, not the commander, not the military staff, no one will put us apart again. I can’t wait for Changmin to be enlisted. And what about… Junsu?

“Yah… is Junsu enlisting soon too?”, I can’t hold back asking him.

“Well… maybe. He’s busy with his musicals right now.”, Yoochun’s answering me secretly, “But let me tell you this. When we all are done with military, we’ll make a comeback on broadcasting, Uknow.”

I’m nodding as I clearly understand what he’s telling me. To be honest… I feel happy for them. It’s time for them to live their idol-lives as they wanted to since ages. I can’t imagine how terrible it must be… But I’ve secretly watched Junsu on EBS on the Internet… and I saw him happy and crying for real. I’m so sorry that they had to go through all this.

“So… is there anything you want me to tell Jaejoong?”, Yoochun’s pulling me out of my thoughts.

Damn it! I made him waste time for few minutes… Ugh…

“Uhm… he’s probably asleep… or still high… but tell him, that I promised the commander not to come across him ever again… to prevent him being beaten up…”, I’m saying calmly and nodding stable, “Tell him that I’m still feeling the same as in the ordnance depot… Tell him that I wish him to be healthy and happy.”

Yoochun’s showing me his thumb up and smiling.

“It’s nice to know, that you still care for him a lot…”, he’s telling me, “Thank you.”

I’m watching Yoochun leave our room silently. I’m sighing and breathing out nervously. I wasn’t sure about how Yoochun would react to me, but our conversation went well. Better than I expected. He really wasn’t mad at all. I’m happy for being on good terms with him. The only one left that I need to be good with is Junsu… and I believe this is going to be a lot harder.

I’m lying on my bed and thinking about all the years since I became a trainee. About the days when we finally debuted. About us being called the “Gods of K-pop”. About us being mentioned in the “Guinness Book of Records”. About our fans. About the horrific year when we separated and how many of the fan pages shut down. About fan wars between TVXQ and JYJ fans. About Cassies who still are hoping for us to become one again… They are still keeping the faith. Damn it! This is making me sad. My eyes are tearing up. I’m putting my arm on my eyes and lying for many minutes like this. My breath is calm and I’m finally able to rest a bit. There’s no sound in here. I’m lonely. I’m on my own.

Not for too long! My roommate, who’s lying above my bed, enters our room with a big grin on his face, as I’m briefly looking at him and putting back my arm on my eyes again. He’s taking place next to me and patting my shoulder.

“Woohoo, Jung! You guys were really busted?!”, he’s asking me nosy and laughing, “You’re really brave. There are only few soldiers that were beaten up so many times. If you continue like this, you’ll break the record!”

I’m sighing and turning my back at him to face the cold wall close to my bed.

“Ahh... common, Jung! I know you feel bad, but here take this!”, he’s telling me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter