Would you be my girlfriend?

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 9: Would you be my girlfriend?

One day later…

(Lucy relating)

 

Yesterday at school I was alone, and it was so boring, I really miss my friends. But, it was good to be alone I could spend my time studying for my exams and to think the things clearly. After all, I decided to give Minwoo a chance, he deserves it, and I have a good time when I’m with him, so I won’t be distant like I have been all this time.

I arrived early to school, waiting for them. I know it was just one day, I think I will freak out when they have to go to promo in Japan and other countries again. Finally, they came in the classroom.

-       Minwoo oppa! – I said so happy while I was coming over to him.

-       Hi! – He said smiling.

-       I missed you. – I said excited.

-       Yeah! I missed you too. – He said excited, then his expression changed to a serious one. - Mmmm… Lucy… - He said a little bit nervous.

-       Yeah… - I said curious.

-       Well… would you have lunch with me, I mean only with me, today? I have something important to tell you. – He said still nervous.

-       Yeah, of course! – I said relieved because I wouldn’t have lunch with Hye Ran and Youngmin.

The teacher came in the classroom and Minwoo and I took our seats.

Suddenly I turned my head to see Youngmin; it was like a habit that I made. He wasn’t looking very well. Also, two days ago, at recess, he didn’t talk and he didn’t eat a lot. I wonder if he’s sick or if something is wrong. My heart trembled when I saw his sad face drawing something on his notebook. I would like that he wouldn’t be angry with me, so I could help him if he’s going through for a difficult moment.

Now, it’s recess time. I wonder what does Minwoo has to tell me, I’m very excited. Minwoo and I walked together and sat in a table.

-       So… what do you have to tell me? – I asked anxious.

-       I see you want to know it. – He smiled happily.

-       Of course, what is it? – I asked curious.

-       Well… Lucy. I want to ask you to go on a date with me. – He said shyly.

Wow, I didn’t expect that. But I think I should go. I want to go.

-       So… - He said with a worried face. – What do you think?

-       Yes, I would love to go on a date with you. – I said smiling.

-       Really? Thank you! I promise you it will be the best date ever. – He said so excited.

-       Yeah I don’t doubt it. But, where will we go?

-       What’s your favorite food? – He said

-       Mmmm… I love Italian food. – I said.

-       Oh! I know a good Italian restaurant where we can go if you want. – He said excited.

-       Yeah! That’s great, I like that idea. – I said smiling.

-       Ok! So I’ll pick you up at seven. Is that great? – He said.

-       Yeah, that’s perfect!

I can’t believe I’m going to go on a date with Minwoo. It’s amazing how things changed. First, my plans were getting closer to Youngmin, but now he hates me; and now I’ll go on a date with Minwoo. I have to accept that I’m very nervous, because going on a date with him means that the relationship between us is getting serious, and honestly, I don’t know exactly what I feel for him. I hope that today my feelings can get cleared.

The classes finished and I stayed at the school’s balcony, thinking about what I’m going to wear for my date with Minwoo. Also, I remembered I need to tell my parents about it. I know that my dad is going to make Minwoo feels scared with a lot of questions. Poor of him, he will have to answer all my dad’s questions.

My dad is here! I will tell him about my date with Minwoo on the way home.

-       Dad… - I said nervous.

-       Yeah? – He said.

-       I want to tell you something… - I said.

-       Lucy, don’t tell me you failed your exams. – He said.

-       No, I passed all my exams. But, do you remember Minwoo? – I said.

-       Yeah, the guy from your poster. – He said uninterested.

-       Well, he asked me to go on a date with him today. – I said.

-       What? – My dad said surprised- Well, first I have to meet him before you go on a date with him. I need to know what kind of person he is. If I approve him you can go on a date with him. – He said

Ok, Minwoo won’t be saved of my dad’s interrogation. But I’m sure he will approve him, he’s a good boy.

I took a bath and I’m getting ready for the date. I decided to wear my light blue cocktail dress. I think it’s cute and elegant at the same time. I hope Minwoo likes it. I’m really nervous.

-       Lucy! Minwoo is here! – My mom said.

-       I’m coming! - I said.

When I went down stairs, my dad was interrogating Minwoo. It was funny, I couldn’t avoid laughing. So I stayed next to the stairs waiting.

-       So… how are your grades? – My dad said to Minwoo.

-       Great, sir. – Minwoo said intimidated by my dad.

Minwoo looks so elegant. He’s wearing a long-sleeved wine red shirt with skinny black suit pants and black shoes. He looks so handsome, like a model.

-       Have you ever gone on a date before? – My dad continued asking.

-       No, sir. This would be my first date. – He said.

-       Where are you planning to go with her? – My dad asked again.

-       If you give me permission sir. We will go to have dinner at an Italian restaurant. – Minwoo said politely.

-       Oh, I see… I think you’re an innocent guy. I approve you. But don’t forget I’ll be watching you. You can go with my daughter. Remember you have to come back at ten o’clock– He said.

-       Thank you sir. – Minwoo said smiling.

Then, he turned around his head where I was. He looked at me surprised; this is the first time my heart beats fast because of Minwoo.  My dad hugged me, said goodbye to me and went to the kitchen.

-       Hi. – Minwoo said smiling sweetly.

-       Hi. - I said smiling shyly.

-       Are you ready to go? – Minwoo said.

-       Yeah, let’s go. – I said.

We went out my house. Minwoo opened the door of a white car.

-       Ladies first. – He said.

-       I didn’t know that you drive. – I said surprised.

-       There are a lot of things you don’t know about me. – He said smiling.

I got in the car and he walked to the other side for getting in the car. OMG! I’m so nervous, my hands are shacking, and I can hardly breathe.

Minwoo got in the car and started driving. There was silence for a couple minutes. Finally I said:

-       I’m sorry about my dad.

-       Don’t worry, I understand it. He just wants to protect you; that’s what parents do. – He said calmly.

-       Yes, but my dad over protects me. – I said.

-       Because you’re a special girl. Oh, by the way, you look so beautiful tonight. – He said looking at me.

I got shy about his comment and I didn’t answer. I took a deep breath trying to calm me down.

-       I hope you like the restaurant. It’s really beautiful. The best in Seoul. – He said.

-       Oh… Yeah, I’m really excited; it has been a long time that I don’t eat Italian food. – I said.

We arrived to the restaurant. It was so big and amazing.

Excuse me, I made a reservation for two, my name is No Minwoo. – Minwoo said to the receptionist.

-       Yes, come with me I will show you your seats. – The receptionist said.

We followed her and sat in our seats, and the waiter gave us the menu. OMG! It’s so expensive!

-       So… What would you like to order? – Minwoo said.

-       Minwoo, this is too expensive. What do you think if we go to another place? – I said with a low voice hiding my face with the menu. Minwoo started laughing and said:

-       Lucy, don’t worry about it. I’ll pay for everything.

-       It’s not that. I’m not accustomed to this. – I said.

-       Well, you’ll have to do it, because one day I’m going to be super famous, and if you’re going to be my girlfriend I’ll take you to this kind of places. – He said with a cute smile.

-       Excuse me, are you going to order? – The waiter said.

-       Yes, I want Four Cheese Tortelloni and lemonade for drink – Minwoo said.

-       I want the same. – I said. Minwoo laughed at me.

-       Ok, I will bring your order in a few minutes. – The waiter said.

Minwoo took out a kerchief and dried his sweat. He’s so cute.

-       I’m sorry, I’m nervous. – He said ashamed.

-       Its ok, I’m nervous, too. – I said

The waiter brought our food and I started to eat.

-       You’re quiet tonight. – He said. – It’s more difficult for me, because normally you talk a lot. – You’re putting me nervous. – He smiled.

-       Mmm… It’s your time to talk, normally I talk a lot and I don’t let you to talk. – I said while I was drinking my lemonade.

-       Well… actually, there’s something I want to ask you. – He said.

-       What is it? – I said.

-       I remember the first day that you came to the school. You said that Youngmin was your favorite from Boyfriend. Why?

-       Well… I don’t know. He’s really good-looking and I think he acts sweet, and that he’s cute. I like his aegyo. But of course, that was before knowing each one of you in person. I only supposed to imagine how were you in what I read on the internet, or what I saw in the interviews. Now that I know each one of you, I have a different perspective. – I said surprised by his question.

-       But, I’m your favorite now. Right? – He said serious.

-       Yeah. I think you’re my favorite now. – I said smiling.

We finished eating and we went out to take a walk in the park that is in front of the restaurant.

-       Wow! It’s so beautiful! – I said amazed when I saw the park. There were a lot of big trees, and there was a fountain in the middle.

-       Yeah it is. – He said smiling.

Suddenly, he held my hand. My heart started to beat fast. Then, he said:

-       Lucy, I have something to tell you. – He said opening his eyes and nibbling his lips.

-       Yeah, what it is? – I said without breath.

-       Lucy, I know that in the beginning I took this as a challenge, because I wanted to be your favorite. But then, I slowly started to fall in love with you. – He took a breath and continued.

- Lucy, I love you. Would you be my girlfriend? -       – He said opening his eyes waiting for my answer. I can’t believe this is happening. I couldn’t even talk, the only thing I could do was nodding my head.

-       Lucy. What does that mean? – He said confused.

-       Yes! – I said.

-       Really? Oh Lucy, I promise you I’ll be the best boyfriend in the world. – He said hugging me. Then he looked at my face (that was still in shock) with his arms still around my waist. And he kissed me on my forehead pressing his lips softly. Then he stepped away from me and said:

-       Lucy, it’s late. Your dad is going to kill me if I don’t take you home right now. – He said shyly.

He held my hand again and we got in the car. On the way to my home, we stayed quiet. He was talking about the weather. But I couldn’t even answer. We arrived to my home. He said bye hugging me and smiling.

-       See you later, Lucy. – He said smiling sweetly, and then he left in his car.

I’m still shocked. I can’t believe I’m Minwoo’s girlfriend. I would like this to be a dream. I’m not pretty sure of what I feel for him. I don’t want to hurt him. He’s so cute and adorable. He’s also so nice to me, and everything points that maybe I’m in love with him. I hope that I made the right decision. I mean… being Minwoo’s girlfriend it’s the best that could ever happen to me. Right?