My cute boyfriend.

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 10: My cute boyfriend.

(Lucy relating)

 

It’s weekend, so my mom and I went to the supermarket to buy groceries. My mom asked me, about Minwoo.

-       So, Lucy. Tell me what happened yesterday at your date with Jinwoo – She said excited.

-       Mom; is Minwoo, not Jinwoo!

-       Oh, I’m sorry but tell me, did he kiss you?

-       Not really, well… yeah, on my forehead.

-       Oh that’s so sweet. I remember when I had my first boyfriend. – My mom said a little bit nostalgic. I think she’s going through the 40’s crisis.

-       Did he ask you to be his girlfriend? – She asked curious.

-       Yes. – I said shyly.

-       Oh my little daughter has boyfriend! – My mom said in that nostalgic tone again.

-       Mom, I had two boyfriends there in Florida. – I said

-       Yes, but he is your first Korean boyfriend, and he’s an idol. – She said excited.

-       He’s a sweet boy. That’s the most important. – I said smiling.

-       Oh, my little girl is in love! – My mom said. – Lucy, please pick some apples, I’ll pick the carrots. Ok?

-       Yes, mom. – I said.

I was picking the apples, when a little boy stood next to me. And then I heard a familiar voice.

-       Hyunmin, I told you to stay near from us.

Hyunmin? Isn’t that the name of the twins’ little brother? When I turned around I saw Kwangmin talking to that boy and holding his hand.

-       I’m sorry, hyung. - Hyunmin said.

-       Oh! Lucy! Hi! I haven’t seen you. – Kwangmin said nicely. -Hyunmin. She’s Lucy, she’s Minwoo’s girlfriend. – He said introducing me to Hyunmin.

-       Hi, noona. I’m Hyunmin. Kwangmin’s dongsaeng. – He said cutely.

-       Hyung! Come here to say hi to Lucy! – Kwangmin screamed.

OMG! Youngmin is here.

-       Hi… - He said uninterested.

-       Hi. –I said.

-       Oh! By the way, congrats for your relationship with Minwoo. Finally, he asked you to be his girlfriend. –Kwangmin said smiling. -Hyung, you should congratulate her too. - He said to Youngmin.

-       Congrats – Youngmin said with no expression.

-       Hyung! I want some grapes. – Hyunmin said to Youngmin.

-       Yeah! Let’s get them! – Youngmin said to his little brother and he went where the grapes were.

-       I’m sorry about my brother, he’s tired, we stayed late rehearsing yesterday and we couldn’t sleep a lot. He gets mad when he doesn’t sleep. Well, see you later, Lucy! – Kwangmin said waving his hand.

He didn’t sleep well, or he’s angry with me. I think is the second option. I came back home and did my homework. Minwoo sent me a message in my cell phone that said: “Lucy, I know you might be busy, but I wanted to ask you to go to the cinema with me tonight. Minwoo”

I immediately answered his message: “I’ve already finished my homework, so we can go to the cinema tonight. Lucy”

He answered me in seconds: “Ok Lucy, I’ll pick you up at seven”.

I asked my dad and he let me go with him. It’s cold outside, so I will wear my big pink sweatshirt with my white scarf and gloves, a pair of jeans and my pink boots.

Minwoo is here, he said hi to my mom and my dad and then I got in his car.

-       You look cute with your gloves and sweatshirt. – He said while he was driving.

-       Oh, you look cute with your sweater. – I said. He was wearing a blue sweater that has a cute teddy bear in the middle.

-       Thanks! – He said smiling.

-       What movie are we going to see? – I asked.

-       The Muppets! – He said excited like a child. The Muppets. Really?

-       Oh, yeah it sounds exciting. – I said a little bit sarcastically.

We arrived to the cinema and we bought the tickets, pop corn and sodas. We sat to see the movie. Minwoo held my hand all the time. I have to say that the movie was really funny. Minwoo and I laughed a lot. Even when I thought that seeing a romantic movie was better, I think that “The Muppets” was the best idea ever.

When we went out of the cinema Minwoo told me that he wanted to show me a special place. So we got in his car and he drove to at the top of a hill, I could see the whole city from there. It was an amazing view.

Minwoo told me:

-       I always come here when I feel nervous or when I’m stressed out. It makes me calm down and reflex about my life; this is a special place I want to share with you. – He said.

-       Wow! You can see the whole city here! – I said excited.

Minwoo hugged me from behind putting his arms around my waist. I felt nervous. Then he said.

-       Lucy, you make me feel so happy. I love you so much. – He said holding me stronger.

-       I love you too. – I said with a nervous voice.

We stayed there watching the beautiful view while he was hugging me. Then he stepped away and stood in front of me. It looked like he was decided to kiss me. I put really nervous. He came closer slowly to my lips, but when he was so close to my lips I got scared and said:

-       It’s late. I need to come back home.

-       Yeah, you’re right. – He sighed. – Get in the car, I’ll take you home.

I don’t know why I was so nervous. I think I hurt him, because he thinks I didn’t want to kiss him. It’s not that I didn’t want, it’s just that I didn’t expected that, I wasn’t ready. Well, it will be the next time.

I said goodbye to Minwoo and get in to my house. I feel bad because I couldn’t kiss him. Why did I put so nervous? I would like to turn back the time and had kissed him.

I’m going to sleep. I have school tomorrow, so I have to sleep early.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up early and got ready for the school. When I arrived, Minwoo was waiting for me outside the school.

-       Hi! – I said.

-       Hi! Good morning! – He said smiling. Then he held my hand.

-       What are you doing? – I said in a low voice putting my hand down. – All the girls in the school are going to kill me if they see us together.

-       Are you embarrassed of being seen with me? – He said.

-       It’s not that. But I don’t think that all those girls that are watching us right now would like that idea. – I said nervous.

-       But you’re my girlfriend. Don’t worry about those girls. Stay next to me and you’ll be fine. – He said smiling and he held my hand again.

We were walking on the hallway and I hear a lot of comments like: “Are they dating?” “Oppa can’t be with that girl” “Oh she’s so fortunate”  “I would like to be her” “I hate her” “They look cute together” “She’s too ugly for oppa” “It supposed that I was going to be the first oppa’s girlfriend”. Also there were girls crying and another breaking their posters with Minwoo’s picture. It was so crazy.

We came in the classroom and Hye Ran was sitting next to the twins where Minwoo uses to seat. Minwoo sat next to me. I feel so embarrassed. All the girls eyes are put on me, it’s so stressing. Suddenly, a girl came over to Minwoo and said:

-       Oppa, are you dating with her? – She said with a worried face.

-       Yeah, he said. She’s my girlfriend. And her name is Lucy, if you didn’t know it. – He said smiling nicely.

The girl came back to her seat almost crying.

-       I told you this wasn’t a great idea. I whispered.

-       Lucy, the most important is that we’re together. Don’t get worried about what people say; they say it because they’re jealous, because you’re my girlfriend. Just ignore them. – He said sweetly.

The teacher came in the classroom and started with his lesson.

Minwoo and I had lunch together. I was uncomfortable because all the girls were talking about us… well, about me. Minwoo looked so happy he was talking about his rapping and other things about his schedule. I didn’t pay attention of what he was saying. Suddenly, Minwoo kissed me on the cheek and I got blushed. Minwoo smiled when he saw my reaction, the girls started shouting, crying and doing other crazy things. I was ashamed and I looked to the table where the other Boyfriend members were sitting. Youngmin was looking to our table, when he realized that I was looking at him he turned around and continued eating.

We came back to classes after the recess. I didn’t see the twins in the classroom, this is so strange. Did something happen?

-       Minwoo oppa, where are the twins? – I asked him.

-       Mmmm… I don’t know. It’s strange. – He said looking around the classroom- Maybe they’re in the bathroom, or they had something important to do. They didn’t tell me anything this morning. –He said worried.

The teacher came in the classroom so we couldn’t look for them.

 

(Youngmin relating)

 

I’m here, pathetic, crying in the bathroom for something stupid. I don’t know why I felt a hole in my heart when I saw Minwoo kissing her on the cheek. I t supposed that I have to be happy for them; but instead of that, I’m here crying like an idiot without reason. Suddenly, I heard Kwangmin’s voice:

-       Hyung. Are you here? Are you ok? We need to go to class.

-       I’m not going Kwangmin. – I said.

-       Hyung, are you crying? Open the door. – He said knocking the door. I opened the door.

-       Kwangmin go to class. I will catch you up later. – I said drying my tears with my hand.

-       Hyung, what happened? Why are you crying? – He said worried.

-       It’s nothing, just go to class Kwngminnie. – I said trying to calm him down.

-       Hyung, how could I turn back if you’re crying? Tell me what happened? I want to help you. – He said still worried.

-       I’ve already told you that it’s nothing. I’m fine. – I said.

-       I know you. You wouldn’t cry for nothing. Tell me. – He said.

-       It’s just too stupid. Don’t worry I’m fine. – I said smiling – My dongsaeng is so cute. – I said shaking his hair.

-       Hyung! I hate when you do that! – He said.

-       Let’s go. - I said putting my arm around his neck laughing.

We got in the classroom and the teacher punished us for being late. Minwoo asked us where we were worried. “We were in the bathroom”. I said. I hope he hasn’t noticed that I was crying. I will try to be strong the next time. No, I will try to forget my feelings for Lucy. That’s what I have to do.