My gossip "Friend"

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 8: My gossip “friend”

(Youngmin relating)

 

He came back home from the rehearsal, and Jeongmin hyung wanted to talk with me. I know he’s going to tell me something about Lucy. Hye Ran told him everything about Lucy and me meeting after school. But I guess he’s right, I’m failing to my best friend so I won’t talk to her again

-       Youngmin what were you thinking when you met with Lucy after school? - Jeongmin hyung said disappointed.

-       I’m sorry hyung. You’re right I won’t talk to her again. Minwoo is my friend. But I promise you I didn’t have that intention with Lucy, I just wanted to be her friend, that’s all, please don’t misunderstand me. – I said.

-       Ok. I won’t tell anybody because I see you didn’t have a bad intention. But if you do it again I will tell everybody. Ok?

-       Yeah ok, thanks hyung! – I said relieved.

 

(Lucy relating)

 

Wow! Now, I have a different perspective of Minwoo. He was very nice to me today at the amusement park. I think I should give him a chance, I mean… he doesn’t make me feel like Youngmin does, but he’s a good person inside and he cares about me. Also, there’s no way that Youngmin can get interested in me; what he told me today really hurt me, and he didn’t even care about my feelings, he could have told me that he doesn’t want to be my friend in a more polite way, but he did it in a rude way that hurt my feelings. The bad thing is, that I still don’t believe it, that I still believe he’s a good person and that inside his heart he’s a sensible good guy. Maybe I believe that because that’s what I want to believe, because I can’t stand the idea that he hates me; I know I’m annoying, but I would never want to hurt him.

I’m confused, I don’t know what to think about him, if he’s a liar or if he’s angry and that’s why he told me all that things. My head is going to explode. I feel really bad. I think I shouldn’t have eaten ice cream after getting on the rollercoaster that was definitely a bad idea.

-       Lucy, who is that guy that said good bye to you at the school? - My dad said interrupting my thoughts.

-       Uh? ... Oh he’s Minwoo dad. – Great! The least that I needed, my dad’s jealous.

-       Oh, I see. He looks like the guy on the poster that you have in your bedroom.

-       That’s because he’s the guy on that poster. – I said uninterested.

-       So… do you study with idols? - My dad asked curiously.

-       Yes, dad. I’ve already told you that, but I’m sure you didn’t listen to me. – You said a little bit angry.

-       Yeah… but I didn’t know you were so close to that guy. – My dad said serious.

-       We’re just friends, dad! – I said angry.

-       Ok ok, don’t get mad with me; just finished your dinner and do your homework.

After dinner I went to my bedroom. I have homework to do and I have to study also, but I can’t get concentrated. First, I don’t know what do I feel for Minwoo; and second, I don’t know what to think about Youngmin, I don’t know if he’s a bad person or if he’s just angry with me.

After I finished homework, I went to bed, but I couldn’t sleep all night thinking about a lot of things. I hope tomorrow I can get my mind cleared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I woke up early and go to the school. When I came in the classroom, Hye Ran was there, but Boyfriend hasn’t arrived yet. Hye Ran asked me:

-       Lucy, what happened with Minwoo yesterday? – Hye Ran asked me a little bit excited.

-       Wait… how did you know it? – I asked her curiously. I’m sure I hadn’t told her anything about it.

-       Well… Jeongmin told me that you went to the amusement park together. – She said shy.

-       Mmm… Is there any chance that you tell him something else that I’ve told you? – I asked her, thinking about what Youngmin said yesterday.

-       Uhhhh…. Maybe a couple things. – She said embarrassed.

-       What? – I said yelling.

-       I I ‘m so…rry. – She said ashamed.

-       Hye Ran everything I have told you it was because I trusted in you. It was confidential between you and me! – You said desperately.

-       But don’t worry. I’m sure he’s a reliable person. –Hye Ran said guilty.

-       I won’t tell you anything again. I can’t trust in you anymore. Since you’re going out with Jeongmin you changed a lot. – I said angrily.

-       Jeongmin has nothing to be in this. It’s my fault, ok? I understand you won’t tell me anything again. I feel really bad about telling Jeongmin everything. I’m sorry, I understand if you don’t wanna be my friend anymore.

I started crying unconsciously because I was really angry with her. Suddenly Minwoo, Youngmin and Kwangmin got in the classroom. Minwoo ran over to me and asked me worried:

-       Lucy, why are you crying? - He asked me with a cute puppy face.

-       I’m not crying. It’s just that something got in my eye. – I lied.

-       Oh! In that case, open your eye. – He said. Then he blew in my eye and stared at my eyes close to my face. I stayed there frozen, I felt nervous when he did that. I couldn’t breathe. Finally, he stepped away from me flushed.

-       Thanks oppa! – I said still nervous.

-       You’re welcome! – He said smiling shyly and went to his seat.

I have never seen Minwoo flushed, he was always confidence of himself, but this time he looked ashamed, it was so cute.

At the recess, I wanted to apologize with Youngmin, but I couldn’t because I didn’t have the courage for doing it.

After school, I stayed alone listening to music in the balcony. I had the hope that Youngmin would come to talk with me, but he didn’t appear; I think he’s practicing at his entertainment. I understand him; he has reasons for being angry with me. I’m also angry with Hye Ran I trusted in her and she failed me telling Jeongmin personal things about me! It wouldn’t matter if it was just about me, but she told him personal things about Youngmin, that’s what hurt me. I can’t stand Youngmin suffering, even when he doesn’t care about me, I can’t avoid caring about him. I hate this.

My dad picked me up and we went home. At home, I received a message from Minwoo: “Lucy, I hope you had a nice day, I’m working hard to make you feel proud of me. Tomorrow I won’t go to the school because Boyfriend has an event, please take care, and if you need something call me. With love: Minwoo”

They won’t go to the school tomorrow. What am I supposed to do? I don’t want to go if boyfriend is not going, because I’m angry with Hye Ran and I don’t know anyone else. I think I’ll be alone at school tomorrow.

(Minwoo relating)

 

It’s so bad that I won’t see Lucy tomorrow. It’s so depressing. But I have to work hard for my parents, my fans and for her. I don’t want to disappoint anybody.

Also, I’m thinking in asking her to go out on a date with me. But I’m not sure when I’m going to do it. I still feel nervous when I think about it. I don’t know exactly how will she react? Honestly, I don’t have idea of what she feels for me. Sometimes she looks excited, but other she looks disinterested like today. However, I would definitely ask her to go out, I have in mind to go to the movie theater and then tgo go to have dinner. I’m really excited about it, but I have to ask her first.