Me and my big mouth

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 7: Me and my big mouth.

 

Now I’m here at home. There is some good news: Hye Ran forgave me! Yeah! So I told her everything about Youngmin. She wasn’t excited about it; she says she prefers Minwoo instead of Youngmin. Whatever, I don’t care what she thinks. I’m going to sleep.

When I arrived to the school Hye Ran asked me for more details. And I told her everything with all details.

In recess, I went to the bathroom, but when I came out to return to eat. Youngmin was waiting for me in the hall, but he didn’t look so happy. I think he looks angry, I wonder why.

-       I can’t believe you did this! You told Hye Ran what I told you about that girl! – He said really angry.

-       Uh? – I said confused.

      OMG!  I forgot he hadn’t told that to anybody except Kwangmin and I. Me and my big mouth! I can’t believe this, I hate myself.

-       You know what? I can’t believe I trusted in you. I thought you were different because all the wonderful things Minwoo says about you. But now I realized that I should have heard my instinct that told me you were just an annoying girl that should be away of my life.

-       Look, I know you’re angry, but I didn’t want to do that. I’m sorry Youngmin. – I said the truth. It wasn’t on purpose.

-       Do you think that’s going to repair all the damage you did to me? Honestly, I don’t know why I felt bad for you about your grandfather, which supposed to be Minwoo’s responsibility. Also, don’t think you really like me. I felt bad for you, that’s all, it was fan service. You’re not even my friend. So don’t get your hopes in something that won’t happen. – He said. Honestly, that comment really hurt me.

-       So… you just were nice to me because you felt sorry for me? – I said almost crying.

-       Yes, that was all. So I won’t talk to you again, and you won’t talk to me again. I will practice my singing and dancing at my entertainment after school, so don’t look for me here because you won’t find me. – He said with a cold expression and left.

I couldn’t stop crying and I didn’t want everyone else to see me in this way. So I decided to go to play the piano to the abandoned classroom. While I was playing I was thinking about everything he said.

Maybe he just said that because he’s angry. He was nice to me because he’s a good person, right? He wasn’t just feeling bad for me. I was starting to believe that he was just having fun with my reactions. He was just playing with my feelings. My tears were dropping and dropping on my face. I feel really bad. Suddenly, I heard someone said my name.

-       Lucy! You’re here! I was looking for you!

I’m pretty sure that’s Minwoo’s voice. And I was right, he run quickly and stopped where I was.

-       Oh, why are you crying? – He said with a puppy sad face, nibbling his lips, and raising his eyebrows.

 I couldn’t say nothing, and I tried to stop crying but I couldn’t either. So I laid my head on his shoulder and I continued crying. Minwoo put his arm around my back.

-       What’s wrong? – He asked me worried while he was my hair. But I couldn’t answer.

-       Is for your grandpa right? Everything we’ll be ok. You’re not alone I’m here for you. – He said with a calmed voice.

Now that I think about it. Minwoo has always been so nice to me because he’s a good person not because he feels bad for me. He really wants to support me in the difficult moments. He’s a real friend, and I haven’t been a good friend with him. I stepped away from Minwoo and tell him:

-       Now that I see. You have been the best friend I’ve ever had, and I haven’t been a good friend.

-       What? What are you talking about Lucy? You’re an amazing friend. – He said surprised.

-       Well, once you invited me to go to the amusement park and I didn’t go with you.

-       Yeah, but you had to study. I understand that. – He said smiling.

-       Yeah. So, why don’t we go today? – I said excited.

-       Really? That would be amazing. We could get on the rollercoaster, play other games, and eat lots of ice creams! – He said very excited.

-       Oh right, so we’ll go after school today together.

-       Yaaaay! – Minwoo said clapping. –It’s near the school so we can go walking.

I have to say that I felt pretty well when I saw Minwoo so happy. He’s always cheered up, but this time, his eyes brightened like a little kid. He’s so cute; I’m excited about going to the amusement park. I feel like a little girl, but I just remembered that get on the rollercoaster scares me, but I will do it for him.

After school Minwoo and I went to the amusement park.

-       Finally we are here! – Minwoo said.

-       Yeah! It’s so amazing! This is the first time I come here. – It was so big and with all kinds of attractions. I felt really excited.

-       Really? We don’t have much time I need to go to rehearsal with the guys. –He said. Yeah, I was forgetting I was with an idol.

-       Ok, what should we do first? – I asked excited.

-       Mmm… we should get on the rollercoaster. – He said smiling, then he took me by the hand and run to the rollercoaster.

I got scared about getting in the rollercoaster. I was totally cold. Minwoo saw my reaction and said.

-       Don’t tell me you’re scared to get on the rollercoaster? – He told me smiling.

-       Well… honestly I’m a little bit afraid. - I confessed.

-       Don’t worry It will be funny. I’ll be next to you to protect you, so there’s nothing to be afraid of. – He said holding my hand stronger.

-       Ok. – I said still frozen.

I don’t know if I was frozen because I was scared of because Minwoo was holding my hand in that way. Hye Ran told me that boys in Korea just do that when they are interested in a girl. So we got on the rollercoaster and I got really scared. It was so fast! I didn’t realize that I hugged Minwoo unconsciously. I feel so embarrassed about that.

After the rollercoaster, Minwoo bought two ice creams. We were eating the ice creams while we were coming back to the school.

-       Thanks for coming Lucy. I had a great time today. Did you have fun? – He said smiling and with his eyes brightened.

-       Yeah, I had a lot of fun today Oppa. – I said smiling.

-       Oh! You have ice cream on your chin. – He said.

-       This is embarrassing. – I said ashamed while I was cleaning my chin, but then when I saw his smile I started laughing like an idiot.

When we arrived to school my dad was waiting for me, so I ran into my car. Minwoo said goodbye waving his hand and smiling from ear to ear. – Bye, Lucy! See you tomorrow! - He said.

OMG! I can’t stop smiling, I’m so happy. Minwoo is so cute. Even when I thought Youngmin was my real friend, I see now the things clearly. I think I should forget about the liar of Youngmin, and start to put attention to the person that really cares about me: Minwoo.

(Youngmin relating)

-       Hyung! You won’t believe what happened today! Lucy and I went to the amusement park! – Minwoo came in the rehearsing room screaming so excited.

-       That’s so cool Minwoo. – I told him not really excited. Even when I wanted to lie him and looked so excited about the situation I couldn’t.

-       We got on the rollercoaster and we ate ice cream. I took her by the hand and she hugged me because she was scared when we were on the rollercoaster. She’s so cute, hyung, she’s the best that could ever happen to my life.

-       Yeah, I think she’s falling in love with you. That’s so good. I told you, you just needed to have patience.

-       Yeah! I’m so excited! I’ll tell the other guys. I came here first with you because you’re my best friend. – Minwoo said smiling.

-       Ok, go. I will be here practicing.

 

Wow! She gets better soon. I feel better know because at least I know my words didn’t hurt her a lot. Of course, anything I told her was true. Well, at the first time I thought she was annoying, but then I thought she was sweet and cute. But, when I heard Minwoo talking about how much in love he was with her, I felt bad because he’s my best friend and I felt I was betraying him. Also, every day I spend with her, I feel that she’s making me falling for her, and that one day I will fall in love with her, and I wouldn’t be able to forget her. So, it’s better to pretend I’m angry with her and to not talk to her again, than to fall in love with her and betray my best friend. I have to accept that she’s really weird, and freaks me out. I mean… she said she was my fan but now, she went to the amusement park with Minwoo, I feel really jealous about it. It hurt me. But I have to stop thinking about her and start to forget about her.