You defended me!

I think I'm falling for you

 

Chapter 11: You defended me!

(Minwoo relating)

 

After the rehearsal Kwangmin came over to me and asked me:

-       Minwoo, do you know what happens with Youngmin hyung? – He said with a worried face.

-       What? Why are you asking me that? Did something happen? – I said confused.

-       Well… he was crying today in the bathroom after recess, but he didn’t want to tell me the reason. I thought that you might know what happened because you are very close to him. I’m very worried about him. – Kwangmin said.

-       Mmmm… He hasn’t told me anything, but I will ask him and find it out. Don’t worry Kwangmin he will be fine. – I said smiling.

-       Thanks Minwoo, please ask him. – He said more calmed down.

On the way home, Youngmin was listening to music, but he wasn’t sleeping. That’s weird, because he sleeps every time that he can. He looks tired and a little bit sad. I haven’t seen him like that since he broke up with Na Eul, his ex-girlfriend.  

-       Hyung, are you ok? – I asked him.

-       Uhh….Yeah. – He said distracted.

-       You looked depressed. Did SHE call you again? – I said.

-       No, I’m just tired that’s all. – He said with a low voice.

-       If you just were tired you would be sleeping right now. I know you hyung; you’re my best friend, what happened? – I said worried.

-       I’m fine, really. – He said with a depressed face. – I just have problems with my dancing.

-       You should have told me that first. I will help you with your dancing, don’t worry you can do it! – I said cheering him up.

-       Thanks Minwoo. – He said.

I don’t know why, but I think he’s lying to me. He’s depressed about something, but he doesn’t want to tell me the truth. I hope he tell me the truth tomorrow.

 

(Lucy relating)

I woke up, got ready for the school, and had breakfast. I arrived early to the school. So, Boyfriend hasn’t arrived yet. Lots of girls insulted me and other things. The good thing is that Hye Ran was helping and defending me. She apologized with me and I forgave her, I know she didn’t have a bad intention, but I won’t tell her personal things again.

Minwoo and the twins finally came in to the classroom. Minwoo sat next to me.

-       I’m sorry for being late. – He said.

-       It’s ok. – I said smiling and drying his sweat with a handkerchief. – You sweat even in winter. – I said laughing.

-       Yes. – He said smiling shyly.

 At recess time, we ate all together as always. Everyone was laughing and joking around, except Youngmin. I’m worried about him, even when he’s mad with me and he was rude and hurt me with his words; I can’t stop worrying about him.

I was walking on the hallway on the way to my English class. I picked my books out from my locker and I  heard two girls talking about me:

-       I can’t believe that stupid American is Minwoo’s girlfriend.

-       Yeah, she’s so ugly, and she’s not even tall.

-       Also, she’s so annoying. What did oppa see on her?

-       Yeah, I’m a thousand times better than her.

Suddenly, I heard a sweet and deep man’s voice.

-       Well… I don’t think so. I think she’s a million times better than you.

I looked out to find out who was defending me. OMG! It’s Youngmin!

-       Oppa! – The girl said surprised.

-       You know, that girl has a sweet and good heart, something you don’t have. And in my opinion she’s really beautiful, even when she’s not tall. I’m sure that if Minwoo asked her to be his girlfriend, it must be because she’s a special girl. I don’t want to hear that you say that kind of things about her. OK?

-       Yes, Oppa! – The girls said embarrassed and ran away.

I stood behind him and said:

-       So… You don’t hate me. – I said smiling.

-       What? – He turned around surprised that I was hearing everything.

-       You said you hate me, but you defended me of those girls. – I said smiling victoriously.

-       I didn’t do that for you. I did it for Minwoo. Now that you’re his girlfriend, if someone says something bad about you, it’s like they say something bad about Minwoo. That’s why I defended you.- He said with a serious expression.

-       Youngmin, I know you’re mad at me, but please forgive me. I’m really sorry. I apologize with you, please forgive me! – I said imploring.

-       I’m sorry Lucy, but I can’t forgive you. – He said with a cold expression and he left.

Why? I want to be his friend. I feel bad because of this. At the first time, I thought he wasn’t mad with me anymore, because he defended me, but he just did it because of Minwoo.

-       Lucy, do you want to go for an ice cream after school? – Minwoo asked me, interrupting my thoughts.

-       Minwoo is winter here. I’m from Florida, I’m freezing. – I told him.

-       Oh! That’s right! Let’s go for some hot chocolate then. – He said excited.

-       Mmmm… ok! That sounds great. – I said smiling.

I think going out with Minwoo will help me to forget about what Youngmin told me today.

I went out with Minwoo after school to a café to drink hot chocolate.

-       You’re so cute. – Minwoo said smiling and looking at my face.

-       Mmm?? – I said while I was drinking my hot chocolate.

-       Your nose is red. – He said touching my nose with his fingers. – Wrap up. I don’t want you to catch a cold. – He said putting his scarf around my neck.

-       Thanks. – I said blushed.

-       So cute! – He said smiling.

-       Minwoo… thanks for always taking care of me. – I said.

-       No… thanks to you, for giving me a chance. – He said happily.

-       You’re always happy, that’s something good. You always cheer me up. – I said smiling.

-       That’s good. I want you to be happy. – He said holding my hand.

-       Let’s go, my dad will pick me up in 10 minutes. – I said.

-       Yeah, you’re right. Let’s go! – He said clapping.

We walked back together to the school. He held my hand all the time, and he made some jokes and cute stuff for making me laugh. I’m so happy. Minwoo is so cute and adorable.

I came back home. I’m so tired, but I have homework to do. Christmas is coming; I’m thinking what I should give Minwoo for Christmas gift. I don’t know what I’m going to give him, but I will think in something original and creative.

I can’t stop thinking about Youngmin. I think I just don’t like him. I know! Tomorrow I will ask Kwangmin about it. He’s his twin brother, he must know about it.